Beyblade Burst Ep1 (JPN: April 4, 2016) (CAN: September 10, 2010)

Honestly not what I expected at all. The anime makes so many changes
Animation is sound, Character designs apart from valt is meh but liking the story and pacing!
This episode was a lot of fun! I can tell I'm gonna really like some of the characters in this show. The animation was pretty awesome as well!
Episode 1: Let's Go! Valtryek! (English Dub)
Air date: September 10, 2016 (Canada)

The 30 second prologue is still intact, however, background music for the prologue ws completely changed.

The bgm for the rest of the episode seems to be unchanged.

Every 5 minutes in the episode, the English dub has its own set of annoying eyecatches with someone screaming "BEYBLADE BURST!!!"

The Wbba signs have been painted over in the dub.

The eyecatch and preview is cut out from the Teletoon broadcast.
All things considered, I'm not unhappy with that dub- in fact, it came out pretty decently. I've seen a lot of anime dubbed rather horribly (actors who never mastered breath control, gasps that were just omitted, no effort to pronounce anything correctly) but I'm very content with how this first episode shaped up.

"Honcho" instead of "Boss," though… Hmm… Doesn't ring well, although the slang does come from the Japanese word hancho, I'll give 'em that.

My spouse and I have this little argument about subtitles vs. dubs when we sit down to watch a foreign movie. I maintain that although dubs don't feel so authentic, there is a part of my brain that is better able to emotionally connect with a character speaking my home language. It's more nature than personal bias.

I'm truly looking forward to seeing the rest of Burst in English and, to some extent, reliving the fun of watching it for the first time. Thank you to you sweet Canadians who spent your Saturday afternoon helping the rest of us get a look at it Smile
Did anyone notice how that right before Valt and Rantoro fight, the WBBA announcer used full names to describe the beys? Instead of Roktovor R2 and Valtryek V2, he said Raging Roktavor and Victory Valtryek.
Yeah the dub wasn't so bad, Rantaros voice sounded pretty good, Shus voice didn't match his age as much, he sounded like an adult, but it worked, same with Chiharu although she sounds like in her young 20's, Tokonatsu and Nika sound fine although Nika sounds at least 12. Wakiyas voice was unexpected but it seemed fine, and Daina sounds okay too. Kensukes Keru and Besu on the other hand sound... TERRIBLE! Keru sounds like a choked up OAP, and Besu sounds intentionally dopey, too dopey. The lines seem okay but what the hell is with them cutting out any parts Rantaro yells at Valt? Yeah it might be violent looking but it's not THAT violent, not even 4kids cut out that kind of stuff. The intro is pretty good, although a bit quiet too. I underestimated the dub so far, it's not too bad and it's faithful, so far it's way better than their bad CFB performance.

BTW the title has a mistake saying 2010 rather than 2016.
So yes! I've finally seen the first episode dubbed in English and for the most part, it was actually pretty decent.

I liked the voices for most of the characters. The voice acting for Valt is better than the trailer and his voice makes him sound more like a natural kid, Rantaro's voice is awesome, Nika & Tokonatsu also have matching voices and Chiharu is pretty good. I also like Wakiya and Daina/Daigo's voices as it matches their appearance a little more.

Shu's voice is fine but it sounds way too deep for him and Ker & Beus' voices are horrible. It doesn't suit them well at all and as I've predicted, Ker was a higher pitched voice which doesn't work for him honestly.

The WBBA logo is also removed and that's fine and I've noticed some scenes where the characters attack each other in the JP version was removed (such as the scene where Rantaro gets extremely mad at Valt or when Valt accidentally bumps Rantaro's chin).

I am glad that most characters kept their names so I'm fine.
I honestly didn't think Sunrights would make any cuts, but I was dead wrong. They made some pointless cuts that didn't need cut.
They may have been under time restrictions for this broadcast, and had to shave off a bit whether they wanted to or not. Bummer it happened either way.
They added 30 seconds of eyecatches, 20 seconds of eyecatches were to make up for what they cut out.
[Image: Beymall.png]

*scratches head* Why did they remove the "Bey Mall" logo though?
It still bothers me that there are so many memorable background songs in the show itself, but somehow they couldn't produce a theme song of the same caliber for either the Japanese or English release. Otherwise this is good, the voice acting is a step up from MFB for sure. It is strange that they removed barely violent scenes, though.

The thing the probably bothers me the most is that the Beyblade renders still look the same as in the Japanese version, to me that seems like it would have an effect on how Hasbro's blades will sell, but perhaps kids won't care or notice as much as I think.
(Sep. 11, 2016  1:16 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Kensukes Keru and Besu on the other hand sound... TERRIBLE! Keru sounds like a choked up OAP, and Besu sounds intentionally dopey, too dopey.

I concur. Ker is pretty much on target with what I expected, but Beus is supposed to speak for the gentler half of Kensuke's personality.

I can understand how they may have made that mistake. When I sat down to typeset chapter 2 of the manga we still knew very little about the cast, and I thought, "What are these dogs supposed to sound like? That one looks mean, and that one… doesn't appear to have both oars in the water." So I picked fonts accordingly. It's not unheard of for voices, accents and intonations to change after the first few episodes, so maybe this will improve later.
Where I can watch the episode 2 in english dub ?
(Sep. 11, 2016  10:10 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: Where I can watch the episode 2 in english dub ?

Next week.
What ?! On the schedule of Teletoon, it's say that a new episode is too sunday...
(Sep. 11, 2016  10:17 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: What ?! On the schedule of Teletoon, it's say that a new episode is too sunday...

The social media outlets said it was a rerun, so that's what I believe. Can anyone confirm...?
(Sep. 11, 2016  10:23 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2016  10:17 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: What ?! On the schedule of Teletoon, it's say that a new episode is too sunday...

The social media outlets said it was a rerun, so that's what I believe. Can anyone confirm...?

Let me check the recording I took Smile

Apparently I accidentally put the recording for Teletoon west, which airs 3 hours after the eastern Teletoon... For basically half an hour. Woops.
Watch popular anime online and watch popular cartoon online. You can watch free series and movies online and english dubbed anime.
Visit website: http://ow.ly/78cG307clgT
(Apr. 04, 2016  10:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That did not show the right channel at all.

Keyhole did not let me hear the full opening song, but the ending theme was infinitely more memorable than it.

The opening does not even hint at a villain to come, it just showed all the Bladers we already know up to Kaiser and even he was not depicted as being bad.

The episode is just Valt beyblading with Rantarou in their school gym. Valt keeps losing on his own, first speeding right out of the stadium, and the second time launching his Valkyrie way too high. That sends his Beyblade into the closet so all the soccer balls get misplaced. An old man in a suit comes in and tells them to clean up and put everything back in place. A broadcast from the wbba. happens on one of Valt's sisters' iPad I think, so they go watch that, and Valt gets excited about fighting like Shuu, who is basically portrayed as the example Blader. He leaves and goes to work out with that big tire on his back while Rantarou is made to clean up after him still because he stayed behind.

While training by the riverside, Shuu just casually walks by on his bike, so Valt goes to meet him and they walk back home together. He tells Valt some advice on how to Beyblade.

The next day is a big in-mall wbba. tournament. We have a new sort of Blader DJ who is just a regular guy with a green suit on. There are also wbba. representatives there. Every Blader lines up and connects their BeyLogger to a machine that takes their photo and that and their Beyblade gets shown on the big screen. Of course Valt is nervous and ends up making a face when his picture gets taken.

He is called up for the first match and, still nervous, walks stiffly and stumbles into his opponent, Rantarou. Valt takes exactly Shuu's launching pose. They battle and Valkyrie loses the first round by knockout, but then he wins the second because he used the Sliding Shoot/Rush Shoot method of angling his launcher. He bursts Rising Ragnaruk and somehow wins the whole battle... I thought you needed three points to actually win and a Burst only gave you two...

The mythical beasts are definitely just metaphorical representations.

They definitely start right off with their Dual Layer Beyblades. I doubt we will ever see the first system in Burst.

I think I missed Xeno Xcalibur being shown near the beginning of the ending sequence hah.

Overall obviously a boring episode and no sign of anything significant happening later in the show...

Damn 🤡 I know this comment is four years old but I cant help but laugh xD I really hope you enjoyed the rest of the show and saw it wasnt as boring as you thought