Beyblade Burst Driver- Orbit Metal (Om)

Orbit Metal is a driver released by Takara Tomy as part of the Beyblade Burst Gatinko System. It first released in the GT Triple Booster Set on August 10th, 2019.

——Description——
Orbit Metal is a supposed upgrade to the atomic driver released on Tornado Wyvern, which was an upgrade to the original orbit driver released with Wild Wyvern. It features a slightly tighter spring than the original orbit driver as well as other differences. It’s ball being metal instead of plastic reduces friction with the stadium floor and increases its overall Spin Time and endurance. You may think that because of the less friction it would have worse KO defense and less of a grip to the stadium floor, but this is surprisingly not the case. Orbit Metal can actually serve as a Good-Great defense type driver along with its high stamina. Along with this it can actually move around the stadium a bit similiar to atomic, but not as much. This can be useful against attack type users whom would typically aim for the center of the stadium against a driver like orbit metal. However, the metal ball has been known to become unnaturally wobbly when dirt gets caught inside the balls tip. So be sure to keep your orbit Metal (along with any other metal drivers similar to this like yard metal) somewhere where dust won’t get caught inside it. It has also been known to wobble on older beys like the Single Layer and Dual Layer system, even if there is no dust inside it. So for formats like Burst Classic the original orbit driver would be your preferred choice over Orbit Metal.

—-Uses in Combinations—-
Orbit metals high stamina, defense, and decent agility make it useful in same-spin stamina defense hybrid matchups.

Burst Standard (Currently 2022)
Due to the Dynamite Battle discs hanging low and orbit Metal not having a wide surface area like other things such as bearing or mobius, it will scrape on the current standard discs and is not useful in anyway.

Burst Limited
Orbit Metal is useful in Burst Limited on combinations that can outspin certain mixed attack Twin Nemesis based combos as well as holding its ground against KO attackers and outspinning popular sharp tipped stamina type based combos by destabilization like Deep Chaos outer revolve and Tide Treptune on absorb-s.

Burt Classic
Orbit is preferred over orbit metal in burst classic, however if you do find a way to make orbit metal balanced on your combination it it best suited on a wide stamina setup that would reduce recoil. The easiest way to do this is by purchasing Acid Anibus Yell Orbit.

This was my first BeyWiki article, so naturally I decided to do it on my favorite defense type/stamina type driver. I am open to any constructive criticism anyone has to offer.
Here’s my version:
Orbit Metal (オービットメタル, Ōbitto Metaru) is a Performance Tip released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Gatinko Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-149 GT Triple Booster Set on August 10th, 2019.
==Description==
Orbit Metal features a free rotating metal ball tip with a diameter equal to Massive, surrounded by a three tabbed ring. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's Knock-Out Defense by having greater surface area and friction, however, in practice the free rotating nature of the ball reduces most of the Knock-Out Resistance given by the surface area of the ball. Like other ball based Defense Performance Tips, the tabs around Orbit Metal are meant to act as brakes against Knock-Outs at the cost of Stamina by striking against the stadium floor, however, the large diameter makes such contact rare. If hard launched, Orbit Metal creates an aggressive movement pattern early in the battle, bringing the Beyblade to the Tornado Ridge.

While these features may imply that Orbit Metal-based Combinations would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Dynamite Battle Layers and Discs compensate for the rotating ball. Furthermore, the free rotating tip increases the Burst Resistance of an Orbit-based Combination and Orbit Metal consistently has a stronger spring lock than Atomic which further improves Burst Resistance.

In addition to the Defense properties, Orbit metal also features high Stamina as the free rotating nature reduces friction with the stadium floor, the wide ball tip keeps a Combination stable and thus prevents scraping.

As the name suggests, the ball tip is made of metal, akin to MFB's MB. While its wide surface area and heavy weight would makes it a more versatile tip than the original, the metal surface provides the low friction needed for better stamina, but its lack of traction makes it very easy to knockout and destabilize. However, it can be used to replace Atomic for more dedicated defense combos.
==Use in stamina/defense combinations==
Orbit Metal can be used in the stamina combination Dread Spriggan/Longinus/Diabolos I Goku/Zan(Or Bushin Spriggan/Dragon I/Valkyrie/Diabolos I Goku/Zan) Around/Sting Orbit Metal. The round shape of Bushin/Dread increases its defense prowess while the heavy Around/Sting, Diabolos I/Goku/Zan bolsters its poor knockout resistance and boosts its late game stamina for better precessions.
==Overall==
While Orbit Metal has higher stamina, the lower traction makes it fare worse for defense and stationery attack, leaving it as a same spin stamina driver. However, the advent of Drift has made it obsolete for such a use.

As such, Orbit Metal is not a must have but is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

And some feedback ROB gave me:
“Orbit metal wasn’t ever supposed to be used in opposite spin. It’s a same spin kind of driver, and one of the best at that. It’s kind of a more defensive option when atomic isn’t defensive enough, and I’ve seen or it metal used to success in tournaments not long ago. I’m not sure what it would be like using it at this point though.”
(Jan. 30, 2022  12:13 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Here’s my version:
Orbit Metal (オービットメタル, Ōbitto Metaru) is a Performance Tip released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Gatinko Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-149 GT Triple Booster Set on August 10th, 2019.
==Description==
Orbit Metal features a free rotating metal ball tip with a diameter equal to Massive, surrounded by a three tabbed ring. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's Knock-Out Defense by having greater surface area and friction, however, in practice the free rotating nature of the ball reduces most of the Knock-Out Resistance given by the surface area of the ball. Like other ball based Defense Performance Tips, the tabs around Orbit Metal are meant to act as brakes against Knock-Outs at the cost of Stamina by striking against the stadium floor, however, the large diameter makes such contact rare. If hard launched, Orbit Metal creates an aggressive movement pattern early in the battle, bringing the Beyblade to the Tornado Ridge.

While these features may imply that Orbit Metal-based Combinations would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Dynamite Battle Layers and Discs compensate for the rotating ball. Furthermore, the free rotating tip increases the Burst Resistance of an Orbit-based Combination and Orbit Metal consistently has a stronger spring lock than Atomic which further improves Burst Resistance.

In addition to the Defense properties, Orbit metal also features high Stamina as the free rotating nature reduces friction with the stadium floor, the wide ball tip keeps a Combination stable and thus prevents scraping.

As the name suggests, the ball tip is made of metal, akin to MFB's MB. While its wide surface area and heavy weight would makes it a more versatile tip than the original, the metal surface provides the low friction needed for better stamina, but its lack of traction makes it very easy to knockout and destabilize. However, it can be used to replace Atomic for more dedicated defense combos.
==Use in stamina/defense combinations==
Orbit Metal can be used in the stamina combination Dread Spriggan/Longinus/Diabolos I Goku/Zan(Or Bushin Spriggan/Dragon I/Valkyrie/Diabolos I Goku/Zan) Around/Sting Orbit Metal. The round shape of Bushin/Dread increases its defense prowess while the heavy Around/Sting, Diabolos I/Goku/Zan bolsters its poor knockout resistance and boosts its late game stamina for better precessions.
==Overall==
While Orbit Metal has higher stamina, the lower traction makes it fare worse for defense and stationery attack, leaving it as a same spin stamina driver. However, the advent of Drift has made it obsolete for such a use.

As such, Orbit Metal is not a must have but is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

And some feedback ROB gave me:
“Orbit metal wasn’t ever supposed to be used in opposite spin. It’s a same spin kind of driver, and one of the best at that. It’s kind of a more defensive option when atomic isn’t defensive enough, and I’ve seen or it metal used to success in tournaments not long ago. I’m not sure what it would be like using it at this point though.”
I think orbit it great at stationary attack if you purposely unbalanced tune it. The metal can make it wobbly if not balance tuned and on things like diet Xcaliber in limited it does wonders. And for me it serves as a pretty good defensive driver too. But I guess some things just don’t work the same. I would classify it as a stamina/defense hybrid rather than just a stamina type but I can see the logic from what you explained. Thanks for providing your version of orbit Metal!