Beyblade Burst DB Episode #42 (January 7, 2022)

(Jan. 07, 2022  9:56 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2022  9:52 AM)beyblader king Wrote: another good episode. nice development for bel and ranzo. and nice character interactions. beyblade burst db is my favorite

thats your opinion. sparking is rated as the second best by viewers.

Zankye's*, plus Super King probably carried by fan service. Super King and DB starting to show Anime writers' cracking under the pressure much like the Animators....If Season 7 will happen, the writers need a good, long break or be replaced by, like umm... the ones who work on One Piece?
. the general audience liked sparking and db adn im with them.  im not going to say that sparking and db is bad just because zankye said it.
I would have rated DB higher than GT if they hadn't screwed up badly in the battleship cruise arc. That was a completely pointless arc and it wasted time. The rules of the tour were being modified by the whims and fancies of the writers, which was super disappointing to see. Though, I do see signs of redemption after that. The team battle arc was pretty good giving focus to most of the characters and developing Bell, Valt, and Rashad ( to an extent). The arrival of Phenomeno is promising since I never really felt Rashad was a bad guy. Yes, this episode as well as the next are a kind of filler, but I guess they are going to establish Phenomeno as an even greater threat in the next episode ( at least that is my hope).

If DB is to be better than GT, it has to finish on a strong note. I want to see real stakes in a battle and close fights that could go either way.

To be honest, I'm not that interested in a 7th season and I have a nagging suspicion that they are done with this universe and are planning a soft reboot. ( Ultimate Valkryie being the last Valkryie is perhaps, striking evidence of my suspicion)
(Jan. 07, 2022  10:22 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: I would have rated DB higher than GT if they hadn't screwed up badly in the battleship cruise arc. That was a completely pointless arc and it wasted time. The rules of the tour were being modified by the whims and fancies of the writers, which was super disappointing to see. Though, I do see signs of redemption after that. The team battle arc was pretty good giving focus to most of the characters and developing Bell, Valt, and Rashad ( to an extent). The arrival of Phenomeno is promising since I never really felt Rashad was a bad guy. Yes, this episode as well as the next are a kind of filler, but I guess they are going to establish Phenomeno as an even greater threat in the next episode ( at least that is my hope).

If DB is to be better than GT, it has to finish on a strong note. I want to see real stakes in a battle and close fights that could go either way.  

To be honest, I'm not that interested in a 7th season and I have a nagging suspicion that they are done with this universe and are planning a soft reboot. ( Ultimate Valkryie being the last Valkryie is perhaps, striking evidence of my suspicion)

i feel like db is already better than gt. the legends came back and were written well and didn't just get destroyed by bel. barely any legends came back in gt. and fafnir and longinus got new owners. i like db because it all the characters had good devemloment. gt had wasted characters like fumiya, lodin, blind and pot but db all the character are written well. im not saying gt is bad tho

(Jan. 07, 2022  10:22 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: I would have rated DB higher than GT if they hadn't screwed up badly in the battleship cruise arc. That was a completely pointless arc and it wasted time. The rules of the tour were being modified by the whims and fancies of the writers, which was super disappointing to see. Though, I do see signs of redemption after that. The team battle arc was pretty good giving focus to most of the characters and developing Bell, Valt, and Rashad ( to an extent). The arrival of Phenomeno is promising since I never really felt Rashad was a bad guy. Yes, this episode as well as the next are a kind of filler, but I guess they are going to establish Phenomeno as an even greater threat in the next episode ( at least that is my hope).

the battleship cruise was okay but one of the factors i think beyblade burst db is better than db was because of the return to bc sol arc where bel versed free and valt made savior Valkyrie. it was a 10/10 arc for me  and the third best arc in all of beyblade behind the international bladers cup and the dead pheonix arc

Isn't this the 3rd time Beyblade hit the reset button after Plastic Gen and Metal Saga?

(Jan. 07, 2022  10:52 AM)beyblader king Wrote: [quote='Vtryuga' pid='1810241' dateline='1641547371']
I would have rated DB higher than GT if they hadn't screwed up badly in the battleship cruise arc. That was a completely pointless arc and it wasted time. The rules of the tour were being modified by the whims and fancies of the writers, which was super disappointing to see. Though, I do see signs of redemption after that. The team battle arc was pretty good giving focus to most of the characters and developing Bell, Valt, and Rashad ( to an extent). The arrival of Phenomeno is promising since I never really felt Rashad was a bad guy. Yes, this episode as well as the next are a kind of filler, but I guess they are going to establish Phenomeno as an even greater threat in the next episode ( at least that is my hope).

i feel like db is already better than gt. the legends came back and were written well and didn't just get destroyed by bel. barely any legends came back in gt. and fafnir and longinus got new owners. i like db because it all the characters had good devemloment. gt had wasted characters like fumiya, lodin, blind and pot but db all the character are written well. im not saying gt is bad tho

Ah yes, the question of take risk vs play safe is back to haunt me (cough Kirby and Pokemon cough)
(Jan. 07, 2022  11:07 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:

Isn't this the 3rd time Beyblade hit the reset button after Plastic Gen and Metal Saga?

(Jan. 07, 2022  10:52 AM)beyblader king Wrote:

Ah yes, the question of take risk vs play safe is back to haunt me (cough Kirby and Pokemon cough)
what do you mean?
I wanna be honest, even tho this episode was just a filler (Ranzo lost again, what a surprise) I still find that people are overhyping Payne too much. Yeah sure, he has a got Phoenix and got a really cool introduction. But his motivation itself kinda kills his character. Someone calling your battle "boring" is I think no real reason to have a vendetta against the person. But I stilll just hope that they'll pull it off with the anime at the end cause the "Dynamite Tour" arc really killed this season. And I think everybody can agree with me.
DB is what happens when you take an interesting character like Lean and make his the main focus. The main character playing the role of villain for some of the characters makes for better interactions and battles. This season has picked up the ball where I feel sparking dropped it. (Side note: can we get a season with a protag/powerful Kyama blader. This family has been a crash test dummy long enough)
(Jan. 07, 2022  1:53 PM)Tyrushi Wrote: DB is what happens when you take an interesting character like Lean and make his the main focus.  The main character playing the role of villain for some of the characters makes for better interactions and battles.  This season has picked up the ball where I feel sparking dropped it.  (Side note: can we get a season with a protag/powerful Kyama blader.  This family has been a crash test dummy long enough)

I actually like the idea of Kiyama protagonist but apparently the writers hate them

That was the worst arc of DB, but I guess the other arcs make up for it. DB has to end with a amazing arc, if it is to be rated higher than DB. But, imo Character Development in DB was a bit higher than in GT.

I feel like people really give GT/Rise a bad rep. Rise is actually a very good season. From character progression to forward motion of its plot and how it tied character to theme. One of many good things that season did was populate the season with new characters and allowed the struggles of the season to revolve around them. The season isn't without flaws; the back half of the season could have a used a little more breathing room to expand on certain foundational elements. But it's genuinely very good, and I rate it above DB, and Surge as well, by a wide margin.
(Jan. 08, 2022  7:03 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

I feel like people really give GT/Rise a bad rep. Rise is actually a very good season. From character progression to forward motion of its plot and how it tied character to theme. One of many good things that season did was populate the season with new characters and allowed the struggles of the season to revolve around them. The season isn't without flaws; the back half of the season could have a used a little more breathing room to expand on certain foundational elements. But it's genuinely very good, and I rate it above DB, and Surge as well, by a wide margin.

I disagree. Imo Rise was one of the worst seasons. With almost no character development, and the excessive fast plot, I didn't like the season. The season did have some good things about it, such as the rising action of the plot, but overall the season wasn't that good.
(Jan. 08, 2022  7:49 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2022  7:03 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I feel like people really give GT/Rise a bad rep. Rise is actually a very good season. From character progression to forward motion of its plot and how it tied character to theme. One of many good things that season did was populate the season with new characters and allowed the struggles of the season to revolve around them. The season isn't without flaws; the back half of the season could have a used a little more breathing room to expand on certain foundational elements. But it's genuinely very good, and I rate it above DB, and Surge as well, by a wide margin.

I disagree. Imo Rise was one of the worst seasons. With almost no character development, and the excessive fast plot, I didn't like the season. The season did have some good things about it, such as the rising action of the plot, but overall the season wasn't that good.

Rise/GT actually had the most Character Development we've seen in a while because the Newer Seasons almost have no Character Development and the Plot was actually very well planted and the Action was amazing. All the battles were very enjoyable to watch and all the battles are either Good or Amazing. I really liked the concept of Gold Turbo because it actually gave Drum a Goal and a Reason for wanting to get stronger and it didn't take him till the end of the season to reach this, it took him a Good While which I liked and he was able to use it in almost all future Battles which I love. People like Delta, Amane, Gwyn, and Fumiya just a bit got really good Character Development and their plots were really good, I liked the fact that Amane actually got stronger and was a Good Rival (Unlike the Kiyama's who I honestly don't see getting stronger at any point). He even reached Gold Turbo at one point making him most likely the strongest Main Rival in Burst. I liked how Delta was going through the Dark Resonance Plot and it was fun to watch him grow and start actually accepting Drum. Gwyn was desperately looking for an Answer about Drum and his Resonance with Dragon plus how he can cooperate with his friends and make him even more Powerful when the Answer was just Friendship which Drum already knew unconsciously. Fumiya got nicer I guess and started respecting the Victories and his Sister. The Final Battle was Perfect and it was fun to see Drum reach Rainbow Turbo and how it came back in Sparking when he was teamed up with Lui. Overall in my opinion, Rise/GT was one of the Best Beyblade seasons with Fun Battles, Amazing Plot, and Amazing Character Development but this is just my opinion but I'd like to see the Plot was well-paced and had lots of Character Development
(Jan. 08, 2022  7:49 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2022  7:03 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I feel like people really give GT/Rise a bad rep. Rise is actually a very good season. From character progression to forward motion of its plot and how it tied character to theme. One of many good things that season did was populate the season with new characters and allowed the struggles of the season to revolve around them. The season isn't without flaws; the back half of the season could have a used a little more breathing room to expand on certain foundational elements. But it's genuinely very good, and I rate it above DB, and Surge as well, by a wide margin.

I disagree. Imo Rise was one of the worst seasons. With almost no character development, and the excessive fast plot,  I didn't like the season. The season did have some good things about it, such as the rising action of the plot, but overall the season wasn't that good.

The statement it had almost no character development is simply false. Rise is one of the best seasons for a variety of reasons. It's great. They moved A number of characters forward; Delta, Arman, Gwyn as a few examples. They also did a excellent job of tying character arcs to theme. So I absolutely disagree with everything you said.
(Jan. 08, 2022  8:09 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2022  7:49 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I disagree. Imo Rise was one of the worst seasons. With almost no character development, and the excessive fast plot,  I didn't like the season. The season did have some good things about it, such as the rising action of the plot, but overall the season wasn't that good.

The statement it had almost no character development is simply false. Rise is one of the best seasons for a variety of reasons. It's great. They moved A number of characters forward; Delta, Arman, Gwyn as a few examples. They also did a excellent job of tying character arcs to theme. So I absolutely disagree with everything you said.

true i think rise is very underrated and is one of my favorite burst seasons
(Jan. 07, 2022  10:52 AM)beyblader king Wrote:

the battleship cruise was okay but one of the factors i think beyblade burst db is better than db was because of the return to bc sol arc where bel versed free and valt made savior Valkyrie. it was a 10/10 arc for me  and the third best arc in all of beyblade behind the international bladers cup and the dead pheonix arc

Wdym? Beyblade burst Db is better than DB?

The battleship cruise had barely any fun battles, and almost no importance on the plot later on. It was a waste of time...
(Jan. 09, 2022  5:57 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2022  10:52 AM)beyblader king Wrote: i feel like db is already better than gt. the legends came back and were written well and didn't just get destroyed by bel. barely any legends came back in gt. and fafnir and longinus got new owners. i like db because it all the characters had good devemloment. gt had wasted characters like fumiya, lodin, blind and pot but db all the character are written well. im not saying gt is bad tho

Wdym? Beyblade burst Db is better than DB?

The battleship cruise had barely any fun battles, and almost no importance on the plot later on. It was a waste of time...

it did have improtance. bell got the gears. bells bey broke and evolved it making dangerous belial. it made basara realise that he could get stronger if he was on rashads side. it played a factor into rashad making greatest raphael. it also made bell stronger facing the legends.
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:12 PM)beyblader king Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  5:57 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Wdym? Beyblade burst Db is better than DB?

it did have improtance. bell got the gears. bells bey broke and evolved it making dangerous belial. it made basara realise that he could get stronger if he was on rashads side. it played a factor into rashad making greatest raphael. it also made bell stronger facing the legends.

Yeah, which could have happened with a better arc. The battleship cruise arc had crammed in develoption, which could have been better with a different arc. The battleship cruise arc was not a fun arc to watch.
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:14 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:12 PM)beyblader king Wrote: it did have improtance. bell got the gears. bells bey broke and evolved it making dangerous belial. it made basara realise that he could get stronger if he was on rashads side. it played a factor into rashad making greatest raphael. it also made bell stronger facing the legends.

Yeah, which could have happened with a better arc. The battleship cruise arc had crammed in develoption, which could have been better with a different arc. The battleship cruise arc was not a fun arc to watch.

the battle tour was not the best arc but it was not the worst in the whole burst series. its definitely the worst arc in db but i feel like the other arcs in db  make up for it.
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:20 PM)beyblader king Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  6:14 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Yeah, which could have happened with a better arc. The battleship cruise arc had crammed in develoption, which could have been better with a different arc. The battleship cruise arc was not a fun arc to watch.

the battle tour was not the best arc but it was not the worst in the whole burst series. its definitely the worst arc in db but i feel like the other arcs in db  make up for it.

Yeah, it was the worst arc in DB but not in Beyblade overall. I agree.
The problem with battle tour arc is the same with the battle cruise ship or the hell tower arc the beginning are boring. The end of this arcs are only great thing about them and thats cause of the boring challenges before getting to the good stuff.
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:01 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: The problem with battle tour arc is the same with the battle cruise ship or the hell tower arc the beginning are boring. The end of this arcs are only great thing about them and thats cause of the boring challenges before getting to the good stuff.

Honestly, the Hell Tower arc wasn't that bad. I liked the battles in the arc, which were better than the ones in the cruise arc
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:51 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:01 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: The problem with battle tour arc is the same with the battle cruise ship or the hell tower arc the beginning are boring. The end of this arcs are only great thing about them and thats cause of the boring challenges before getting to the good stuff.

Honestly, the Hell Tower arc wasn't that bad. I liked the battles in the arc, which were better than the ones in the cruise arc

agreed the hell tower wasn't bad but i think inferno vs victories arc was better
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:51 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:01 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: The problem with battle tour arc is the same with the battle cruise ship or the hell tower arc the beginning are boring. The end of this arcs are only great thing about them and thats cause of the boring challenges before getting to the good stuff.

True, yea cruise arc was to gimmicky aka to Many unacesary challenges
The issue i have with the DB Tour is that it just does not feel like a tournament, there is no high reward for winning either. you just get crowned as the MVP and you choose who want to battle (In that case, Rashad was the MVP and he chooses Bell and you know how that ended). For the most part, it was literally just face a legend at random locations like Valt at Beigoma Academy, Free at BC Sol (And that sorta didn't happen as Rashad refused to battle after Bell slaps him) and Lui at the Island Of Demons.

It just didn't make sense as a tournament or an arc in general. At least the battles were cool i guess.
(Jan. 10, 2022  12:11 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:51 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Honestly, the Hell Tower arc wasn't that bad. I liked the battles in the arc, which were better than the ones in the cruise arc
True, yea cruise arc was to gimmicky aka to Many unacesary challenges

there were unacesary changes but at least we got to see all the new bladers in action especially phi