Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

Here's a completely random but ok combo, K4.7/5/10/0.C.O/At/BR
(Apr. 07, 2019  9:20 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Here's a completely random but ok combo, K4.7/5/10/0.C.O/At/BR

Wrong thread, should be in Build Me A Combo thread. This discussion thread is about meta combos that have won or dominated tournaments with results, not experimental combos
I have a stamina type destroyer. The combo is : original kerbeus :layer
0 as the disc

And jolt as the driver
(Apr. 09, 2019  12:28 PM)Bbgfan Wrote: I have a stamina type destroyer. The combo is : original kerbeus :layer
0 as the disc  

And jolt as the driver
Bro, it's not april first anymore. This had better be a joke.
in my opinion, wizard Fafnir might be useful despite being a bit lighter than the normal Chou z beys. its disk helps it with its weight. plus the rubber helps it spin steal and get burst so maybe it might be very well in competitive
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:10 PM)phantom blade Wrote: in my opinion, wizard Fafnir might be useful despite being a bit lighter than the normal Chou z beys. its disk helps it with its weight. plus the rubber helps it spin steal and get burst so maybe it might be very well in competitive

tbh i think wizard fafnir will be heavy because gt have a trend now where the disk is heavy and most are weighing between 25-28 grams which is ridiculously heavy and most layers weighing from 20-21 grams. If you saw the TT video of testing out wizard fafnir you could see that the wizard base is very thick so im guessing its probably going to weigh 10 or 11 grams. The layer weight fills up all the six slots of a normal gt bey giving it equal weight distribution making it balanced.
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:10 PM)phantom blade Wrote: in my opinion, wizard Fafnir might be useful despite being a bit lighter than the normal Chou z beys. its disk helps it with its weight. plus the rubber helps it spin steal and get burst so maybe it might be very well 
Unlike most people I’m not worried about wizard Fafnir bursting, but just the overall lack-off attack combos and LAD zombie Bey counters available currently.
(Oct. 17, 2015  7:14 PM)Wombat Wrote:
Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

(For help with coming up with combos, please see the Build Me a Combo thread instead.)

Below update put together by MonoDragon and Rebel Blader (August 23, 2018)

Traditional Attack
  • (Level Chip) Winning Valkyrie 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Xtreme/Xtreme'/Hunter/Jolt
  • (Level Chip) Buster Xcalibur 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Xtreme/Xtreme'/Hunter/Jolt (maybe)
Stationary Attack
  • (Level Chip) Winning Valkyrie 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Revolve/Eternal/Orbit/Atomic
  • (Level Chip) Buster Xcalibur 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Revolve/Eternal/Orbit/Atomic (maybe)
Stamina
  • (Level Chip) Archer Hercules 7/10 Eternal/Revolve/Orbit/Atomic
  • (Level Chip) Crash Ragnaruk 7/10 Eternal/Revolve/Orbit/Atomic
Defense
  • (Level Chip) Revive Phoenix 7/0/10 (Cross/Glaive/Meteor/Bump) Orbit/Atomic/(maybe Friction)
Defense/Stamina Hybrid
  • (Level Chip) Hell Salamander 7/0/10 (Cross/Glaive/Bump) Atomic
Spin Equalizing
  • Spriggan Requiem 4/5/7/0/10 (Glaive/Cross/Star/Bump) Atomic/Destroy/Bearing
  • (Level Chip) Hell Salamander 4/5/7/0/10 (Cross/Glaive/Star/Bump) Orbit/Atomic/Bearing

Original Post (Click to View)

It's been almost a year since the Chouzetsu updates have been added, and it seems that there hasn't been any mods who have the free time to refresh the list to the most updated combos lol
If you want go to winning combinations thread.
Do you guys think nightmare longinus bump/expand charge can be used as a left spin counter? Also, is bloody longinus better than nightmare longinus for left spin battles? I saw this combo being suggested by a viewer in overhauled (formerly called thug testing) in his GT testing stream. It bursted pP 10c xt+( I think that was the combo) and knocked it out a decent no. of times.
Can you tell me which is the best combo for the stamina type bey and for the attack type bey
(Apr. 21, 2019  3:36 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Do you guys think nightmare longinus bump/expand charge can be used as a left spin counter? Also, is bloody longinus better than nightmare longinus for left spin battles? I saw this combo being suggested by a viewer in overhauled (formerly called thug testing) in his GT testing stream. It bursted pP 10c xt+( I think that was the combo) and knocked it out a decent no. of times.

Only testing can prove whether the nL.B/E.Ch is going to be viable. Depending on the combo, both nL and bL may have competitive use, but right now hS/Sr/CZS are dominating the left spin meta
(Apr. 22, 2019  2:49 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Only testing can prove whether the nL.B/E.Ch is going to be viable. Depending on the combo, both nL and bL may have competitive use, but right now hS/Sr/CZS are dominating the left spin meta
Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't Sr out of meta (for the most part)? And besides isn't czs used as often as hS,right? 

Can you test the combo nL.b/e.ch for me? Also, it would be really nice of you if you could test some bL charge combo.

Can bL be used with zeta dash? It has a bad but working stationary tip for attack and also a really bad attack tip (it isn't even round, is it?). I don't think it should  even be considered an option. I think any bL zeta dash combo will probably lack ,speed if it is mobile and stabilty if it is stationary.

Is there any reliable bL combo to counter hS bearing and atomic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxy1vKBr00s
Here nl bump charge is being showcased. And man............ it wrecks hS atomic ,bearing and xt+.
Is there an updated list for competitive burst bey combos? Or is this the latest? Thanks (:
(Apr. 22, 2019  12:48 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2019  2:49 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Only testing can prove whether the nL.B/E.Ch is going to be viable. Depending on the combo, both nL and bL may have competitive use, but right now hS/Sr/CZS are dominating the left spin meta
Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't Sr out of meta (for the most part)? And besides isn't czs used as often as hS,right? 

Can you test the combo nL.b/e.ch for me? Also, it would be really nice of you if you could test some bL charge combo.

Can bL be used with zeta dash? It has a bad but working stationary tip for attack and also a really bad attack tip (it isn't even round, is it?). I don't think it should  even be considered an option. I think any bL zeta dash combo will probably lack ,speed if it is mobile and stabilty if it is stationary.

Is there any reliable bL combo to counter hS bearing and atomic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxy1vKBr00s
Here nl bump charge is being showcased. And man............ it wrecks hS atomic ,bearing and xt+.

Ds'/Qc'/X' might be your best bets to counter Bearing and Atomic same spin (left). bL and nL have mediocre stamina, so early hits are a must, otherwise it'll lose on the late game by Spin Finish.

So far the list is still stagnant with probably addition of great parts like Sting/Blitz/Ratchet in some time-tested meta combos (like Sr/czS on Br, hS/pP on At/Et/Xt+ etc). Until then, regardless of the released GT Beys so far, nothing much really has changed with the most competitive combo list.

Sr is still quite useful especially if you're playing a dual-spin dominating deck. Just because Sr weighs less than its successor doesn't mean it is already outclassed especially when it is still the only dual-spin Layer with rubber, metal, and plastic mix. It may be because Sr is one of my go-to combos (learned it the hard way by losing with the Trinity Chouzetsu Beys: Achilles Valkyrie Spriggan as my deck) especially when playing stamina/defense all the time.
Is ratchet better than 00wall for bearing? I saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwLthnQQec
Did I remember it wrong, or does ratchet tie with 00wall when ratchet is on left spin ; and when ratchet is on right spin, it outspins 00wall ?
Are there any combos you think I could use for someone that don’t have any cho z or many god beys?
(May. 25, 2019  3:09 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Is ratchet better than 00wall for bearing? I saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwLthnQQec
Did I remember it wrong, or does ratchet tie with 00wall when ratchet is on left spin ; and when ratchet is on right spin, it outspins 00wall ?

Surprisingly, and based on personal testings, czS/Sr on Rt.Br can outspin equalize 00W.Br; main speculation is that the added free-spinning capacity for the Disk helps Br's bearing glide to almost a full rotation before stopping, regardless of Rt's scrape-risk. I also inspected the "Frame" of Rt and noted that the edges beneath are smoother than W/B/L which are used for aiding precession of the 00/0(x Frame).Br combos in the dominating stamina/defense meta. 

If you check Mack the Burst's Youtube Channel, he did a video that showcases the spin equalization viability of Ratchet vs 00W on Bearing using two Sr.
So I bought enough parts to make most of the burst competitive combos on the list (which I recently found out is outdated, rip) which of these parts do I keep and which do I sell?

This is what I think is still good:
Layers: Spriggan R, H Salamander, W Valkyrie, and A Hercules.
Disks: Outer, 0, 4, 5, and 7.
Frames: Cross, Glaive, Meteor, Bump, Expand
Drivers: Xtreme, Atomic, Eternal, Revolve.

Things I think I should sell:
Layers: R Ragnaruk, O Odin, Wolborg, B Ragnaruk, B Jinnius, G Kerbeus, S Trident, E Forneus, B Xcalibur.
Disks: Gravity, Triple, 1', 8, 12, 13.
Frames: Flow
Drivers: Survive, Flugel, Nothing, Guard, Zeta, Wedge, Volcanic, Orbit, Sword.

Let me know if I'm wrong in either of these, or if anything I should sell could still be useful for Burst classic?
(May. 27, 2019  12:48 AM)Barreto Wrote: So I bought enough parts to make most of the burst competitive combos on the list (which I recently found out is outdated, rip) which of these parts do I keep and which do I sell?

This is what I think is still good:
Layers:  Spriggan R, H Salamander,  W Valkyrie, and A Hercules.
Disks:  Outer, 0, 4, 5, and 7.
Frames:  Cross, Glaive, Meteor, Bump, Expand
Drivers:  Xtreme, Atomic, Eternal, Revolve.

Things I think I should sell:
Layers: R Ragnaruk, O Odin, Wolborg, B Ragnaruk,  B Jinnius, G Kerbeus, S Trident, E Forneus, B Xcalibur.
Disks: Gravity, Triple, 1', 8, 12, 13.
Frames: Flow
Drivers:  Survive, Flugel, Nothing, Guard, Zeta, Wedge, Volcanic, Orbit, Sword.

Let me know if I'm wrong in either of these,  or if anything I should sell could still be useful for Burst classic?

Wolborg is still viable in limited Burst format.
For the God Layers, just inspect the God Chips if any of those are A Mold then replace with a B or C Mold instead before selling.
eF and bX are quite outclassed and are at best collection pieces.

Gravity is still used in the limited format, along with Triple and 1' possibly for full Attack paired with X' or Ds'

Flow I'd still say has a place for left spin but highly-outclassed, so sell at your own discretion

Survive, Zeta, Orbit are still probably viable as well in limited. Everything else on the sell list should be sold (tho I doubt people would buy knowing it is already carp)
(May. 26, 2019  11:19 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: If you check Mack the Burst's Youtube Channel, he did a video that showcases the spin equalization viability of Ratchet vs 00W on Bearing using two Sr.
Been seeing him for quite a while. Saw the video you specified too. I just decided to post just this one for some weird reason.

(May. 27, 2019  2:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Gravity is still used in the limited format, along with Triple and 1' possibly for full Attack paired with X' or Ds'
How can 1' be used? Isn't it banned?
(May. 27, 2019  4:00 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  11:19 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: If you check Mack the Burst's Youtube Channel, he did a video that showcases the spin equalization viability of Ratchet vs 00W on Bearing using two Sr.
Been seeing him for quite a while. Saw the video you specified too. I just decided to post just this one for some weird reason.

(May. 27, 2019  2:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Gravity is still used in the limited format, along with Triple and 1' possibly for full Attack paired with X' or Ds'
How can 1' be used? Isn't it banned?

I'm not quite sure about the 1' Disk which was why I put "possibly", as I'm not too versed on the rulings for Burst Limited. My understanding is that only Single and Dual Layers are allowed with just 1 Dash Driver per player, and no Frames. Not sure if Core Disks are banned, too. If so, then 1' is out of the list.
Given that this list is outdated. What are the current competitive combos?
(Jun. 07, 2019  3:45 AM)Barreto Wrote: Given that this list is outdated. What are the current competitive combos?

It's basically all aH,hS,czS,Sr,pP,dH combos on the list mainly for Stamina/Defense hybrids. As for Attack types, you can make some that can consistently beat the tested competitive combos along the way.

I don't think we really have enough tournaments worldwide (outside Japan) yet to ensure that some GT Beys are solidly competitive in the stagnant meta, but most probably you'd need Gen Weight for Burst resist as well as Goku Weight if you're rich enough for heaviness. The introduction of the Dash Drivers didn't exactly make a dent in the recent meta (except in the Limited Burst Format) imo, which leads me to suggest that each era should have their own formats for God, ChouZ, and GT respectively to mix up combos.
(Jun. 07, 2019  5:28 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: It's basically all aH,hS,czS,Sr,pP,dH combos on the list mainly for Stamina/Defense hybrids. As for Attack types, you can make some that can consistently beat the tested competitive combos along the way.
I don't think we really have enough tournaments worldwide (outside Japan) yet to ensure that some GT Beys are solidly competitive in the stagnant meta, but most probably you'd need Gen Weight for Burst resist as well as Goku Weight if you're rich enough for heaviness. The introduction of the Dash Drivers didn't exactly make a dent in the recent meta (except in the Limited Burst Format) imo, which leads me to suggest that each era should have their own formats for God, ChouZ, and GT respectively to mix up combos.
I won't agree with the part that said: "The introduction of the Dash Drivers didn't exactly make a dent in the recent meta (except in the Limited Burst Format) imo, which leads me to suggest that each era should have their own formats for God, ChouZ, and GT respectively to mix up combos". I don't think dead hades, cho z achilles (how consisitenly can you activate burst stoppers?), judgment joker (valkyrie/ashura/dragon), crash ragnaruk, nightmare longinus (if angle frame is used, then dash drivers are not required unless you want the soft rubber of xtreme' or hunter') will have been used if dash drivers weren't present. Sure, there are probably tournaments in which none of the top 3 might have used attack combos, but that doesn't mean dash drivers have not affected the meta.Top 3 people's combo don't necessarily represent what combos were successful in the tournament. If there were no dash drivers, people might as well just outright give up hope for seeing attack combos in tournaments.