Beyblade Burst: Attack Customizations vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense Testing

Beyblade Burst: Attack Customizations vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense Testing

For my first round of testing with customizations in Beyblade Burst (ベイブレードバースト), I decided to go with the one I felt would most obviously be the best Defense type from the initial four releases: Kerbeus Heavy Defense.

This thread contains two sets of testing: The first set pits JesseObre against myself. Unfortunately we did not have as much time on our hands as we did when doing these tests, so we only did 10-15 rounds each time. Same story with the second set, but those tests were done solo by myself.

And because several of you requested it, I recorded the amount of "clicks" each Beyblade had taken after each round. I previously referred to this as "HP", but we decided that maybe this wasn't the best term. "Clicks" still is a bad term, but I wasn't sure how else to phrase it. The detailed results contain the breakdown of this information.

I chose to use Spread on the Attack combos because I wanted something with as much externally focused weight as possible to increase movement speed. Haven't really compared it to Wing yet, though.

Test Information

EQUIPMENT/TESTERS

LEGEND

Test Results - First Set
Tested by JesseObre & Kei

Valkyrie Spread Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Wing Accel: 4 Wins (2 BF, 2 OF)
Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 11 Wins (4 BF, 1 OF, 6 SF)
Kerbeus Win Percentage: 73%
1 Draws (1 DBF)

Full Round-by-Round Breakdown (Click to View)

Ragnaruk Spread Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Ragnaruk Spread Accel: 1 Wins (1 BF)
Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 9 Wins (5 BF, 4 SF)
Kerbeus Win Percentage: 90%
4 Draws (4 DBF)

Spriggan Spread Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Spriggan Spread Accel: 4 Wins (3 BF, 1 OF)
Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 6 Wins (1 BF, 5 SF)
Kerbeus Win Percentage: 60%
1 Draws (1 DBF)

Valkyrie Spread Fusion vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Spread Fusion: 2 Wins (2 OF)
Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 8 Wins (2 BF, 6 SF)
Kerbeus Win Percentage: 80%
2 Draws (1 DBF, 1 OF/BF)

Test Results - Second Set
Tested by Kei

Spriggan Spread Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Spriggan Spread Accel: 9 Wins (6 BF, 2 OF, 1 SF)
Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 6 Wins (3 BF, 3 SF)
Kerbeus Win Percentage: 40%
2 Draws (2 DBF)

Valkyrie Spread Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Wing Accel: 5 Wins (2 BF, 3 OF)
Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 5 Wins (2 BF, 3 SF)
Kerbeus Win Percentage: 50%
1 Draws (1 DBF)

Ragnaruk Spread Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Defense
Ragnaruk Spread Accel: 2 Wins (1 BF, 1 SF)
Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 8 Wins (5 BF, 3 SF)
Kerbeus Win Percentage: 80%
9 Draws (9 DBF)

Battle Statistics

Overall Win Percentage
Draws not included.
  • Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 66% (53/80 Rounds)
  • Spriggan Spread Accel: 52% (13/25 Rounds)
  • Valkyrie Spread Accel: 36% (9/25 Rounds)
  • Ragnaruk Spread Accel: 15% (3/20 Rounds)
    -
  • Valkyrie Spread Fusion: 20% (2/10 Rounds)

Finish Type Frequencies
100 Total Rounds (including draws)
  • Burst Finish: 37 Rounds, 37%
  • Over Finish: 11 Rounds, 11%
  • Spin Finish: 31 Rounds, 31%
  • Double Burst Finish: 15 Rounds, 16%
  • Simultaneous Burst/Over Finish: 1%

Average Clicks Lost Per Round
Draws not included.
  • Spriggan Spread Accel: 1.72 (43C Total / 25 Rounds)
  • Kerbeus Heavy Defense: 1.825 (145C Total [1 Round Data N/A] / 80 Rounds)
  • Valkyrie Spread Accel: 2 (50C Total [1 Round Data N/A] /25 Rounds)
  • Ragnaruk Spread Accel: 2.5 (50C Total / 20 Rounds)
    -
  • Valkyrie Spread Fusion: 1.8 (18C Total / 10 Rounds)

Observations & Impressions

• The biggest thing to come from this is Spriggan's somewhat unexpected Attack power when on Accel! What prompted me to do the second set of tests by myself was the relative success Jesse and I had with it during the first set. It was surprising. It's hits were really clean and as you can see, there was even a couple battles where it suffered no clicks/damage despite winning via OF or BF. In this matchup at least, Spriggan was the clear overall winner. Better than Valkyrie for Attack, and absolutely better than Ragnaruk. With more experience now, I'm sure that the win percentage found in the first set of results could be made even higher. So basically, we shouldn't write off Spriggan just yet.
  • Look at that 1.72 Average Clicks Lost Per Round number for Spriggan! Pretty amazing, especially considering it is an offensively designed Layer that was being used on an Attack type.
  • Still trying to find out what Ragnaruk is good at ... It's clearly not good for Attack, and in comparison to Kerbeus it's probably not good for Stamina or Defense either.
  • Not sure what the issue was that caused such a ridiculous amount of DBF's in the Ragnaruk vs. Kerbeus test results (especially the second set). Ragnaruk just can't handle being an offensive Layer, it seems.
  • After inspecting it's performance more closely, the Defense Driver definitely has some minor scraping issues. However, it usually was not enough to prevent it from winning via Spin Finish against the Attack types played against it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know! And please feel free to post your own tests as well.
did you observe if all layers are more tighten on Accel or if its its just Valkyrie having this issu?!

Spriggan has better resistance at burst on Accel?!

in general great test! I hope to get my hand on those beys sooooon!
(Jul. 11, 2015  1:51 PM)loyd87 Wrote: did you observe if all layers are more tighten on Accel or if its its just Valkyrie having this issu?!

Spriggan has better resistance at burst on Accel?!

in general great test! I hope to get my hand on those beys sooooon!

Yeah. Spriggan is rather more of a destabilizer than a balance part per-se. I suggest Spring an heavy accelle, since spriggan is most affective when it's mobile.
oh god, doing the clicks will be so hard because stopping the beyblade with your hands could greatly impact the level it reaches, besides that, recording it would be a pretty big pain too haha. Seems like we know what Kei will use at the burst tourney (as of now).

Side Note: You should do like a benchmark for Valkyrie Wing Accel vs Kerbeus Heavy Defense so we know how much better Heavy is on Kerbeus, you know what i mean? like kerbeus central defense got good results and if this combo get's even better results against stock valkyrie then we will know it is a much better bey than stock kerbeus.

(Jul. 11, 2015  2:33 PM)Ṧɨⱺn̼̊ Wrote: I suggest Spring an heavy accelle, since spriggan is most affective when it's mobile.
Just look at my results on my ____ Heavy Accel combo testings thread, It is not much of a difference, and it would probably get much worse results for Spriggan if Kerbeus had Heavy on it instead of Spread (Do not have two Heavy's).
Hmmm... how about Valkyrie Heavy Fusion? I do know valkyrie is also a wonderful steady smasher, if that can be tested
Spriggans is so far decent for attack? Maybe there's hope after all.
(Jul. 11, 2015  4:44 PM)Ṧɨⱺn̼̊ Wrote: Hmmm... how about Valkyrie Heavy Fusion? I do know valkyrie is also a wonderful steady smasher, if that can be tested
Just look at the thread haha, i did ragnaruk/spriggan/valkyrie heavy accel testings.

(Jul. 11, 2015  4:49 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Spriggans is so far decent for attack? Maybe there's hope after all.
To me Spriggan looks like a flash metal wheel with spikes on the sides haha.
Ah, I figured this would show up eventually. After seeing the results of the original testing thread I knew Kerbeus would be the go-to Beyblade, it was only a matter of finding the best Disk (I agree with 1234beyblade you should do a benchmark with Stock Kerbeus to see if Heavy is better than Central). To finalize the combo you two would need to get together sometime (at the next tournament probably) and do Kerbeus Heavy Defense vs Kerbeus Heavy Fusion/Survive. Defense is already the best at Defense so far but I want to see if it has a decent shot at BF/SFing Fusion and Survive variants.

On another note, I'm surprised by Spriggan being the only one to get a majority, I assumed from its looks it would be like one of those HO ARs from Plastics that would need a (not yet existent) Rubber Flat Driver to be effective and otherwise just recoil all over the place. Also, what made you use Spread for all the Attack combos? Was it really that much better than Wing?
I got a 60% win rate with Valkyrie Spread Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense. but I didn't count clicks but its just insane to see valkyrie doing that well against a defense type like kerbeus.

you can see the round by round on page 2 of my spread sheet burst test.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Results:

Valkyrie Spread Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense
VSA: 12 wins.(7 BF, 3 OF, 2 SF)
KHD: 8 wins. (6 SF, 2 BF)

5 ties redone(5 D-BF)

VSA: 60% Win Rate
KHD: 40% Win Rate
Huh. Perhaps Ragnaruk might have better use if it was used on a L-Spin bey. Those slopes on the layer could prove to be useful for spin-stealing, or maybe even improve on its attack. Won't know until TT releases a L-Spin bey for Burst, I guess
Even if TT releases a left-spin Layer, it's not like it's gonna be Ragnaruk.
(Aug. 25, 2015  7:22 PM)loyd87 Wrote: I got a 60% win rate with Valkyrie Spread Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense. but I didn't count clicks but its just insane to see valkyrie doing that well against a defense type like kerbeus.

you can see the round by round on page 2 of my spread sheet burst test.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Thanks for posting this! However, when posting results can you please use the standard format and have them posted on the WBO rather than linking to a Google Doc? We want to make sure test results posted on the WBO are consistently formatted so that it is easier for the data to be consumed by users without having to worry about deciphering different formatting from each person.

Anyways, your tests make me wonder if the BeyLauncher and the higher RPM that goes along with it has anything to do with Valkyrie's win rate versus using it with the Light Launcher. Or maybe I just suck haha.
sorry I'll edit my post to make it more official Wink

I've also tried Valkyrie Central Accel but very bad results if you want I could post it.(not that bad but its only 40% win)
Here my others attack testing against Kerbeus Heavy Defense

Ragnaruk Wing Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense
RWA: 8 Wins.(5 BFinish, 2 OF, 1 SF)
KHD: 12 Wins.(5 BF, 7 SF)
3 ties redone(3 D-BF)

RWA: 40% wins
KHD: 60% wins.

Spriggan Central Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense
SCA: 8 wins.(5 BF, 1 OF, 2 SF)
KHD: 12 wins.(5 BF, 7 SF)
3 ties redone(2 D-BF, 1 BF/OF)

SCA: 40% wins
KHD: 60% wins

Spriggan Spread Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense
SSA: 7 wins.(2 BF, 3 OF, 2 SF)
KHD: 13 wins.(4 BF, 9 SF)
3 ties redone(3 D-BF)

SSA: 35% wins.
KHD: 65% wins.

Ragnaruk Spread Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense
RWA: 8 wins.(5 BF, 3 SF,)
KHD: 12 wins.(8 BF, 4 SF)
6 ties redone(6 D-BF)

RSA: 40% wins.
KHD: 60% wins.

Valkyrie Central Accel VS Kerbeuse Heavy Defense
VCA: 9 wins.(4 BF, 3 OF, 2 SF)
KHD: 11 wins.(2 BF, 1 OF, 8 SF)

VCA: 45% wins
KHD: 55% wins
1 tie redone(1 DBF)

Round By Round: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

My next test would be Ragnaruk Central Accel. I would to compare my theory I have talked in the Deathscyther thread.

Edit:

Finaly I didn't have the result I expected but it gives an idea.

Ragnaruk Central Accel VS Kerbeus Heavy Defense
RCA: 6 wins.(1 BF, 2 OF, 3 SF)
KHD: 14 wins.(11 BF, 1 OF, 2 SF)

RCA: 30% wins
KHD: 70% wins
12 ties redone(9 DBF, 1 DSF, 2 BF/OV)
Other testing I have done.

Valkyrie Heavy Accel vs Kerbeus Heavy Defense
VHA: 6 wins.(4 SF, 2 BF)
KHD: 14 wins.(11 SF, 3 BF)

VHA: 30% wins
KHD: 70% wins
1 tie redone(1 DBF)

Ragnaruk Heavy Accel vs Kerbeus Heavy Defense
RHA: 11 wins.(7 SF, 4 BF)
KHD: 9 wins.(9 SF)

RHA: 55% Wins
KHD: 45% Wins
2 ties redone ( 1 DSF, 1 DBF)

Spriggan Heavy Accel vs Kerbeus Heavy Defense
SHA: 8 wins.(4 SF, 2 OF, 2 BF)
KHD: 12 wins.(9 SF, 3 BF)

SHA: 40% wins
KHD: 60% wins

Round by Round on Sheet 3: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Note: I think Ragnaruk Heavy was the most effective combos I have tested now for Ragnaruk as an attack type.