Beyblade Blog. Please read! :D

Hey guys! Smile

I'm creating a beyblade blog in a very near future to promote beyblade, mainly in Portugal. It will contain reviews, news, blader interviews and such.

I was wondering if you could give me some tips and ideas.

I'm creating this because I know people interested in beyblade, but since they're not very good at speaking english they can't understand/talk about it here.

Thanks! Grin
Nuno
This sounds great Nuno, even though im always organising australian events and taking care of stuff down here im also portuguese Smile so if you need anything in particular feel free to pm me and il be glad to help. Iwould love to see beyblade be popular in my 2nd home.
Hmmm....I like the idea, but the idea of this website is to join beybladers from all over the world in one community. Why dont we just add a Portrugese (?) forum with you as one of its moderators?
Have you created a site before? Tips: Stick to the main points, make sure you have a comments box and update on a regular basis. Good luck. =]
(May. 16, 2009  3:33 PM)Hero Wrote: Hmmm....I like the idea, but the idea of this website is to join beybladers from all over the world in one community. Why dont we just add a Portrugese (?) forum with you as one of its moderators?

That actually makes alot of sense and sounds like the best idea. Its working well for the turkish community.
(May. 16, 2009  3:33 PM)Hero Wrote: Hmmm....I like the idea, but the idea of this website is to join beybladers from all over the world in one community. Why dont we just add a Portrugese (?) forum with you as one of its moderators?

I also tought of that, but the articles on the wiki are in english. Unhappy It would take a lot of time to translate them correctly. XD Also, the majority of the community is english and the interesting topics are in english too. I understand the perfectly, however some poeple might not. Unhappy And that's the major problem for them unfortunately.
You could translate the good topics. We are the WORLD beyblade Organization afterall. The wiki is being done into German by someone at the moment.
(May. 16, 2009  3:43 PM)Giga Wrote: You could translate the good topics. We are the WORLD beyblade Organization afterall. The wiki is being done into German by someone at the moment.

Well I guess you're right. XD
I DO have lots of time when I'm not busy with school... Grin
(May. 16, 2009  3:43 PM)Giga Wrote: The wiki is being done into German by someone at the moment.

No way, I never heard of this! Gasp Sweet. Grin
Ugh. It might be in Turkish actually, can't remember Lips_sealed
(May. 16, 2009  3:37 PM)Nuno Wrote: I also tought of that, but the articles on the wiki are in english. Unhappy It would take a lot of time to translate them correctly. XD Also, the majority of the community is english and the interesting topics are in english too. I understand the perfectly, however some poeple might not. Unhappy And that's the major problem for them unfortunately.
Solution A: Make the Portugese topics more interesting than ours.

Solution B: Within each language forum, we can work to create a "learn this language" stickied thread or sub forum. One idea is we can find some good websites that help you learn the language, post the links in the thread, and have everyone make posts specifically in the language they are trying to learn with basic conversation. We can correct each other, too, to keep improving.

By doing this, existing English speaking members have a chance to join your community to help it grow, and you have a chance to merge with our ever growing one.

Solution C: Most members have been working on their English by posting in the English threads such as the introductory forum with some basic conversation. This may also work.
First off, is this in the right place? Normally a thread to do with Beyblade is in the beyblade forums, just saying.

I like the idea though because not everyone can speak english after all.
Actually yeah, this would be more fitting in Beyblade General. I'll move it
Thanks for the tips guys! I like your ideas Deikailo! Smile
Are there enough Portuguese members here to warrant the creation of a Portuguese speaking forum though? I'm not sure if it would really be worth the time.

I know I haven't been contributing myself lately, I'm not as free as before and I also haven't got actual experience with MFB, other than what I've learned here, to feel confident in discussing it, but I'm still reading around every now and then. I wouldn't mind helping with the translating of articles if I had more time in the future (and once I learned how to use the wiki), but not right now, sorry.

Still, good luck with the blog and possible wiki article translations Nuno =)
Hmm i think there's about 5 portuguese members. Plus anyone else who can speak portuguese but dont necessarily live in portugal (like myself, i know a little portuguese Smile) so there is a few. Plus the idea is to expand the community, so im sure we have enough incentive to do this, if we can get people to put the work into it.
I think if a forum became available, we could attract beybladers from the internet and genrated searches, and not just Nuno's comrads.
(May. 21, 2009  3:48 AM)josh-jf Wrote: Hmm i think there's about 5 portuguese members. Plus anyone else who can speak portuguese but dont necessarily live in portugal (like myself, i know a little portuguese Smile) so there is a few. Plus the idea is to expand the community, so im sure we have enough incentive to do this, if we can get people to put the work into it.

I just joined a few days ago and im portuguese so Grin