BeyUK Revises, Disappoints

Awesome. Well, I suppose it's a start... maybe we should put together some kind of course for aspiring webmasters to ensure credibility of information. They could even have a special, non-replicable stamp to place on their website and a listing here, to certify that they have passed.
http://www.beyuk.net/bunitedch4intro.php

AHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

this is what happens when you hire a "fanfic writer" for your site
Tamer Brad Wrote:http://www.beyuk.net/bunitedch4intro.php

AHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it's that same guy on BBF who wanted donations for Beyblade DVDs and wrote his "fanfic" in script form. His name escapes me at the moment.

lol
No, I don't think so, considering I've been following everything going on at that site for some reason.
bugturtles Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:http://www.beyuk.net/bunitedch4intro.php

AHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it's that same guy on BBF who wanted donations for Beyblade DVDs and wrote his "fanfic" in script form. His name escapes me at the moment.

lol
No, that was DranzerX13, or something like that.
it look like all the BeyBlade Forum/website are going down.
Breedo is the main fanfic writer. The actual storyline isn't too bad. It's interesting enough, and I will continue to read it to see how the story prgresses.
I'm not a fan of the style of it; written in script format. It's written that way because is written in the way that a viewer would watch an episode of the story on television. I find it quite hard to read sometimes but still that the format that has been chosen.
As a fan of reading I prefer story format but if this is what the writer chooses then fine.

Also commenting on it on their site and then coming to slate it here considering you know that they are members of this forum is a little bitchy.
How is what I'm doing bitchy? Aside from making fun of the fanfic, which is absolutely god-awful, I haven't actually said anything here about the site. It's just a link to what I said on BeyUK.

This is relevant to the Beyblade fandom, which is why I'm talking about it. If you put a piece of work out in the open, it will be criticized. Nobody here's doing anything wrong.
Yeah Brad not being bitchy so Chill out mamph, I agree with Brad, the Fanfic is really awful
I'm quite chilled. I never said you were saying anything about the site. I said that commenting on the fanfic then coming to slate it here was bitchy and it is. Yes criticism is good. I always welcome criticism when I do anything but surely constructive criticism would be better not just saying that it is awful. I know that you wrote that it would benefit from a better writer but thats not really criticism.

Where could you see improvements to the storyline/characters for instance?
You may think I'm biased as I proof-read the thing but I'm not. I can see that the way it's written is quite odd, but I said I would proof-read it and I am. However, I can see that the actual storyline is alright and seems to be going somewhere.

It's a pain that tone cannot easily be expressed in text format otherwise you would see that I'm not being irate or anything, I'm just commenting. I think that this is where a lot fo misunderstanding across forums comes from.
Mamph, I'm not going to bother giving constructive criticism because the whole thing is completely Goddamned awful, and I would end up writing an entirely new story in the process. The person who wrote this cannot write past the most basic, rudimentary level of placing one word after another with some faint trace of cohesiveness. I also bashed the fanfic on BeyUK. I can't believe anyone would let that piece of garbage get out. It has absolutely no redeeming factors.
Honestly, the fanfic needs some serious language editing.
lol Drama Queen Mode

blah blah blaaaaaaah waaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah
in general I hate fanfics. I'd rather just imagine a story line
doujins make more sense

anyway gl bey uk. Brad despite the fanfic, The more beyheart bey sites the better, if any of us want beyblade community to grow. RIIIIIIIIIght
kk
G Wrote:lol Drama Queen Mode

blah blah blaaaaaaah waaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah

that was my favourite
I don't know when I keep defending this when in fact I don't really care much about it and have much more serious things to be getting on with, and after reading the rest of the conversation on BeyUK I just don't see the point; the argument is just going round in circles.

But I'll just add this in, why does it matter if the story is not the best written piece of fiction in the world? It still keeps people interested in Beyblade and therefore is good for the community in general. You may not like it but there are people who do.

Also a little bit of tact goes a long way.
mamph Wrote:I don't know when I keep defending this when in fact I don't really care much about it and have much more serious things to be getting on with, and after reading the rest of the conversation on BeyUK I just don't see the point; the argument is just going round in circles.

But I'll just add this in, why does it matter if the story is not the best written piece of fiction in the world? It still keeps people interested in Beyblade and therefore is good for the community in general. You may not like it but there are people who do.

Also a little bit of tact goes a long way.

Because it is absolutely awful, but it is also artwork posted in an open forum, thereby giving anyone the right to criticize it.
This is low Brad. I can't believe you'd do this again (well actually I can). I appears that the Brad I knew a few years ago hasn't changed at all despite being told so by himself. You expect me to come here and look for advise when all you do is insult what I and others do?.

Cheers Brad, so much for uniting the Beyblade Community. Your trying to dispatch of everyone other than this place. Or at least that is the feeling I'm getting. I know I won't get any support here because everybody will just stick up for you, but meh...oh well. To be honest, I can't really see myself posting here if this is how you treat fellow websites. Again, it is pretty low and immature.
The purpose of Beywiki is to be a united Beyblade information source. Anyone who wants to edit any page is able to without asking me or anyone else for permission. So honestly, I feel that it would be best for everyone if all of the efforts were focused here. It's clear that this is the most active, best put together site, and the fact that it's editable by anyone means it is the perfect catalyst for unity. The boards are community-run in the sense that if the memberbase agrees or disagrees on a decision, it will be followed through. I've done things I didn't want to do because this board is community owned, and that's what's fair. If anything, you're the one going against the concept of unity.

Honestly, aren't you more grown up than this? Can't you think of any reactions other than whining when someone points out errors? What was I supposed to do; just know your site was riddled with mistakes and not say anything? That would be a real disservice to you. The fact that you didn't respond to any of the completely factual errors -- not subjective, factual -- means that you're pissed off that someone proved you wrong more than you are upset that someone is forcing opinions on you.

There's a reason I get a lot of support, even from people that dislike me; I'm ambitious and I do my best to make sure things are done properly and correctly. I may not always be the nicest person -- even if I want to be, I know I never can be -- but I've proven myself to be a hell of a leader in this community, over and over again.

In three months, this site has more users and more content than your site has had in its entire lifetime; and this is now, at the absolute low-point of Beyblade. Maybe that says something.

Beywiki is the community's attempt to unite the shards of the Beyblade fans around the world. This is the compendium, the lobby, the open-source encyclopedia for all things Beyblade. If you don't want to be a part of that, fine. If you want to go your own way, and write things that are completely false with no backing, and do nothing to help rebuild the community -- just simply let it stagnate -- fine. But we're all here, doing our best, ruthlessly correcting, fact-checking, and sharing with all of our members to produce the best content possible because this game means a lot to us, and if we're going to do this, we're going to do it right.
As far as I have read, it only displays you insulting me and others. I wasn't whinning, if you want to see me whinning then I could show you...this however is nowhere close (I will not resort to whinning as it doesn't get anywhere).

Yes I'm pissed but not because someone prooving me wrong, the fact that they would rather link everything to a larger community to watch them suffer. It is insulting to find that someone of higher knowledge does this, this is not a way a "leader" as you put it should act. You should encourage people to correct content (starting with not putting them down and providing constructive criticism rather than insulting them).