BeyStadium Balance Type.

Let me know how this is. I had to add several more measurements.

Dimensions
Diameter: 48,3 cm; 39 cm
Slope Diameter: 23 cm
Flat Center Length: 8,8 cm
Wall Length: 19 cm
Exit Length: ~12 cm
Depth: 3 cm
Pocket Width: 4,5 cm
Pocket Length: 10 cm
Pocket Depth: 1,5 cm
Slope: ~30°

Available Products
BB-14 BeyStadium Balance Type (Red)
BB-20 Beybattle Try Set (Red)

Gallery

Overall
Formed almost like an oval, the BeyStadium Balance Type generally resembles a larger BeyStadium Attack Type, even though its design has many considerable differences. Firstly, the oval shape is due to two pockets located at opposite sides of the Stadium: one that is present for half the length of one of the three exits, and another which is positioned right behind one of the three walls. Despite only one of the two pockets being realistically accessible, both are considered legal play area under TAKARA-TOMY's rules. Within the World Beyblade Organization's rules however, since it is almost always impossible for a Beyblade to bounce back inside the actual stadium's area, as soon as the Beyblade enters the pocket, it is considered knocked out.

Secondly, the BeyStadium Balance Type possesses no Tornado Ridge, and there are no ridges around the Stadium close to the exits either. This feature is probably meant to facilitate the access to the one pocket that can be entered, however this of course leaves two relatively big exits unrestrained, which greatly hinders Beyblades' performances in this Stadium.

Thirdly, this Stadium actually has a flat center, unlike the BeyStadium Attack Type. Attack combinations are consequently halted in their aggressive pattern, and they have difficulty gaining the momentum back to climb up the slope again, like in a Sliding Shoot's flower pattern. It therefore advantages both calm Defense and Stamina customizations by providing them a haven in which Attack customizations are momentarily destabilised. However, fortunately, this flat center is not nearly as wide as the BeyStadium Stamina Type's.

Overall, with the exception of the BeyStadium Triple Battle Type which is, in essence, extremely similar in design to the BeyStadium Attack Type, the Super Control BeyStadium and HMS' Tornado Attack Stadium, the BeyStadium Balance Type is still considered among the fairest BeyStadiums for competitive Beyblade play, especially in Metal Fight Beyblade. '''It should however only be purchased if all better options are unavailable.'''

A more easily accessible 'version' of the BeyStadium Balance Type was made within the BeyStadium Standard Type: in fact, the red floor included in this product is meant to be a portable and cheaper way of playing in a 'Balance Type' arena. The pockets, though, are not included in its design, and the set of walls can be changed to make the exits wider or smaller. In other words, it is only the inner portion within the walls of the BeyStadium Balance Type that TAKARA-TOMY looked to reproduce.
I have bought the stadium and I am pretty happy I bought it. Although..... it doesnt really give balance type beys an advantage.:\
(May. 30, 2012  2:44 AM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: I have bought the stadium and I am pretty happy I bought it. Although..... it doesnt really give balance type beys an advantage.:\

Do I say anything about that in the description ? Not at all. If you want to comment on this draft and add your own suggestions for it, then at least read it.

BeyStadium names have always been misleading anyway : the BeyStadium Attack Type is the fairest for all types, it is not unfair towards everything but Attack types ...
Yeah that's gorgeous, I wouldn't change a thing.
I changed "reasonably" to "realistically", and I added a possessive 's somewhere, but otherwise I do not really know what could be added, hah.
IMO...

The colon after
"located at opposite sides of the stadium" should be changed to a semi-colon.

Other than that,beautiful.
Hm, with my French knowledge, I would say that it should remain a colon, but if anybody could appear to infirm or confirm all of this, it would be appreciated.
But it doesn't even make a difference...so yeah.

Anyways,I was wondering why they write it as "BeyStadium Attack Type" and not "Attack-Type BeyStadium".

Only thing I can think to add is that it came in BB-20. Also i've got a slightly beaten up one if you want pics.
(May. 31, 2012  3:32 AM)Vortex-S Wrote: Anyways,I was wondering why they write it as "BeyStadium Attack Type" and not "Attack-Type BeyStadium".

Japanese's bad English.

They wrote "Revizer" and "Saramanda". It should not even be questioned anymore, just expected, hah.

(May. 31, 2012  3:35 AM)Ultra Wrote: Only thing I can think to add is that it came in BB-20. Also i've got a slightly beaten up one if you want pics.

Ah, yes, I remember that set now.

No thank you, I have one too (Valentin's actually). It should be fine for photographs.

Since you actually own one as well, is there anything at all in terms of performance that you would add ?
(May. 31, 2012  3:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 31, 2012  3:32 AM)Vortex-S Wrote: Anyways,I was wondering why they write it as "BeyStadium Attack Type" and not "Attack-Type BeyStadium".

Japanese's bad English.

They wrote "Revizer" and "Saramanda". It should not even be questioned anymore, just expected, hah.

(May. 31, 2012  3:35 AM)Ultra Wrote: Only thing I can think to add is that it came in BB-20. Also i've got a slightly beaten up one if you want pics.

Ah, yes, I remember that set now.

No thank you, I have one too (Valentin's actually). It should be fine for photographs.

Since you actually own one as well, is there anything at all in terms of performance that you would add ?

Nope. I haven't used it in a long time. Ever since I got my attack stadium.
(May. 31, 2012  3:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, with my French knowledge, I would say that it should remain a colon, but if anybody could appear to infirm or confirm all of this, it would be appreciated.

Colin is correct.

Beystadiums for 500.
The description makes it sound like a really unfair stadium, especially the pockets being legal play areas, and in terms of the second fairest beyblade stadium, other than the triple battle type, there was that RC stadium that we were looking into, and the Standard Type Balance Floor is also fairer, no (just by virtue of lacking the pockets)? That's also excluding Tornado Attack, which would be significantly fairer than this from the description and everything I've seen of it, especially that flat middle section part.... To be honest, from the description, I'm pretty uncomfortable with it being legal at all (though no one actually has hosted tournaments in one other than for kicks a couple times, right?)...

So, perhaps fairest isn't the right word, seeing as there are fairer, but not legalised for various reasons, stadiums...

And yes, ":" is correct.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've seen in a lot of photos a yellow version of the stadium, was one not released or a highly unavailable one or something? It may not exist, and I might just be thinking of something else, but yeah.
(May. 31, 2012  7:59 AM)th!nk Wrote: The description makes it sound like a really unfair stadium, especially the pockets being legal play areas, and in terms of the second fairest beyblade stadium, other than the triple battle type, there was that RC stadium that we were looking into, and the Standard Type Balance Floor is also fairer, no (just by virtue of lacking the pockets)? That's also excluding Tornado Attack, which would be significantly fairer than this from the description and everything I've seen of it, especially that flat middle section part.... To be honest, from the description, I'm pretty uncomfortable with it being legal at all (though no one actually has hosted tournaments in one other than for kicks a couple times, right?)...

So, perhaps fairest isn't the right word, seeing as there are fairer, but not legalised for various reasons, stadiums...

And yes, ":" is correct.

If we have to drop one in the future, it would definitely be the BeyStadium Balance Type, to be honest. The Standard Type version is not really better since it also has no Tornado Ridge, and the wall lengths can be changed. That is probably something we should look into in the near future, but it is still partially good enough to be recommended right after the 'top' stadiums.

Hm, I suppose I could add a note about HMS stadiums being better on top of that ... Is there only the Tornado Attack one though ?
I am more concerned about the pockets, but having stadiums without tornado ridges legal in general concerns me, because it really does change the game a fair bit.

From what I've heard, Tornado Attack would be the only suitable one (though it's actually a G-Rev stadium IIRC), though it's the only one I own, so I can't say how Tornado Balance would compare but I doubt the small exits would make it all that good, and TBTS would certainly be too small. There's also the possibility some of the older plastics stadiums might be better, but we know very little about most of them, and nothing before tornado attack has a tornado ridge anyway.
The pockets are not legal within our rules though, because you have to be able to realistically get back in the stadium. If the Beyblade goes in it but gets stuck and spins inside the pocket, it is out.
Ahh, that's not so bad then, (though I really want to find out more about that RC Stadium) though it definitely needs to be made clear(er?) in the article.
OK, I slightly rewrote the fourth paragraph, and I added a sentence to clarify that the pockets were considered illegal area in our rules.

Is the official name just "Tornado Attack Stadium" ? Or "Stadium Tornado Attack", hah ...
(May. 31, 2012  6:27 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(May. 31, 2012  3:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, with my French knowledge, I would say that it should remain a colon, but if anybody could appear to infirm or confirm all of this, it would be appreciated.

Colin is correct.

Beystadiums for 500.

Colon Serious

(May. 31, 2012  11:49 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Haha, iPad spellcheck, sorry.

I felt like being a grammar Nazi today,lol.

Dammit, Colin.

(May. 31, 2012  4:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK, I slightly rewrote the fourth paragraph, and I added a sentence to clarify that the pockets were considered illegal area in our rules.

Is the official name just "Tornado Attack Stadium" ? Or "Stadium Tornado Attack", hah ...

Well, according to the product list it's this mess: A-93 BeyStadium Attack Type (Tornado Type)

But everyone has always called it the Tornado Attack Stadium, really.
I suppose that, once someone has written the article for that stadium, at least we could redirect to the proper name.
There's some info on it in vol 5 of the spin up guide book, as well as the name in Japanese. I'll scan the page later on and PM it to you?