BeyDays 2014: 6th Edition!

Cross posting my report from the WBO Organizers forum. This is for "Naijalak's Early 33rd 'BeyDay' Celebration"

"We had a great tournament overall yesterday, even if turnout was small.

The day started off not looking so well. By the time the tournament was supposed to start we only had 6 players. I started to explain to everyone that while we could still play, it wouldn't be an official WBO tournament. Then daddybey, charliebey's dad, and kami, jch's babysitter, decided to register and play so we could have 8!

The tournament was very laid back, with everyone swapping tips, combo suggestions, and even some parts. We wrapped everything up in an hour in a half doing a full round robin, and saw charliebey place 1st, daddybey 2nd, and akalajian 3rd. New blader kami did exceptionally well considering her last minute participation.

In the end we got to keep the tournament in an offical status, got 3 new registrations, and have 2 new players that have stated their intention to return and compete. I even got a chance to go up against daddybey, a dad who's been with CT tournaments since the beginning as an observer Smile

One great sidenote comes from a battle that I judged between daddybey and kami. Here's 3 adults in the room crowded around a Zero-G attack stadium while every kid in the room is off somewhere else participating in free play. I wish someone had snagged a picture Smile"
Thought I'd just share my experience being able to attend Grand Battle Prelude:

After getting our passes at the Congress Centre, my dad and I headed out to Sheraton.

As soon as I arrived to the Halliburton Room, I saw almost everyone who was attending the two events that night. With that being said, I unpacked my stuff and started to battle both Sniper, as well as this one other member.

Anyways, when it did begin, we were assigned our blocks. I was put with the following: JesseObre, Geetster99, The Sponge, Arupaeo, Kai-V, Yuko Ray14, as well as this one other member who's name I forgot. I was able to beat Geetster99, The Sponge, Kai-V, Yuko Ray14, and that one newer member who's name I forgot. I also lost against both JesseObre as well as Arupaeo. I advanced with Geetster99 and Arupaeo. We all had scores of 5-2.

In the semi-finals, everyone who made it all had five battles. I went 2-3, winning against Kei and LMAO, and lost against OnTheDL (Geetster99's mom), Arupaeo, as well as Geetster99 himself. Because of me going 2-3, I was lead with a position of fourth place.
Alright i got some time to post a report on Summer BeyDays Bash, Mumbai,India

I arrived at the national park at around 10:30am. oh well ! there was a huge queue at the ticket counter, had to stand in the sun and get all sweaty
The tourney began late at ~11:45. I guess all participants were present by that time
Again same thing, met 4 newbies.. the rest were old members

We had a free play and then began the tournament.......
Didn't see much competitive combos. All were stuck with 4D, no one had zero G didnt get to face synchromes. Jay mahadik had, but he forgot to bring them, AFAIK AdityaTheblader had a few too, but he traded them. India is still with metal fury on air, they might probably start with zero G this winter
Honestly, miss those old tourneys when i used to battle synchromes !
All were quite excited, the only person i lost against was jay mahadik. There was but one newbie who was very knowledgeable in beyblade, he was quite interesting

We had the plastic format cancelled due to time constraints and other issues too .. Maybe next time we will have one
Overall we all had fun, they want another tourney.. so yeah we have some future plans
Nice to hear that WBO had some BeyDays events this year too.
We are not too much here in Italy... That's why I couldn't organize!
I'm trying to organize a new group, but it's not so simple. I miss those great events! BeyDays were always great here!
Hope to organize something for the Plastic Remembrance Day if this year WBO will organize one as for the past years!

Bye!
When do u think the beylotto results will be posted?
(Jun. 14, 2014  12:23 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: When do u think the beylotto results will be posted?

Probably once the Photo contest closes. Tongue_out
Hello bladers,

So my report is on GRAND BATTLE ENCORE: ZERO-G,
So my first battle was against kei, I remember him using a sway combo I’m pretty sure, I used a combo I should of never of used, MSF-L killerken dragoon bd145 rdf, I won the first round by sway, so it became 1-0 then he won the rest due to bd145 scraping.

My second battle I was versing a right spin sway combo which I believe was bahamdia ifraid, Have no idea what the track is, and he almost beat me and I managed to beat him and I was using MSF-L killerken dragoon b:d, I think he won the first two or first battle{s} then I won the rest.

My third battle, I was versing a younger blader, he was using ifraid golem, I don’t know what the track or tip was, but he knocked me out of the stadium, so it became 1-0, but I managed to win the rest by sleep out.

My final battle was me and jesse, he was using a dragoon f230 combo, and I was using genbull genbull f230{Hasbro} gcf, I won the first battle by KO, then he won the next battle by sleep out, the next one I one was by KO, then I won the last battle by KO.

So now, my record is 3-1, and I advanced to the finals.

I can tell you right now, there were so many tiebreakers it was crazy, but when me and sniper battled for 1st place, I lost 3-1, and I thought I was second, but for some reason, I wasn’t and they said we has a tiebreaker between me, kei, and geester99, and I had to fight through them to get second place, it was hard, but I managed to defend my title 2nd place of the ternament, that’s how I was second in the ternament.
(Jun. 21, 2014  7:18 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: I can tell you right now, there were so many tiebreakers it was crazy, but when me and sniper battled for 1st place, I lost 3-1, and I thought I was second, but for some reason, I wasn’t and they said we has a tiebreaker between me, kei, and geester99, and I had to fight through them to get second place, it was hard, but I managed to defend my title 2nd place of the ternament, that’s how I was second in the ternament.

That was because going into that battle you and Sniper were both 2-1. His win put him at 3-1 which was the best record in the finals, and your loss put you at 2-2, tied with geetster99 and I.

There was three tiebreakers between us after that ... crazy, indeed. Can't recall the last time that happened at a Toronto tournament, if ever.
did that ever happen in wbo history? cause that was crazy, it was like a extra 2-3 hours of the tiebreaker
I cannot say it never happened before, but damn, I wanted to leave as soon as possible so I did not spend too much time with my makeup, however that ended up making me stay for at least one more hour, hah.