[Bethesda, MD] Sunday 02/24/13 - Paper or Plastic? (Zero-G and Plastics)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Paper or Plastic?

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our Febuary tournament being held Bethesda Marriott in Bethesda, MD on Sunday, February 24, 2013.

Paper or Plastic? will have 2 tournaments, and yes one of them will be plastics. The other one? A bit of false advertising as it obviously won't be a paper format. Instead we are back to Zero-G!

Did I mention that this tournament is on SUNDAY?

In addition to having Zero-G products for sale I will also have a limited selection of brand new Plastics for sale for those who are interested in playing in the 22nd tournament. Prices for the older beys are a bit more due to rarity, but will run between $25-40 on the low end. PM me for more details.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in the Norwood Room? Ask at the front desk as I'm not sure which room we are in now. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

MFB Start time: Noon-thirty on the dot
Plastics Start time: Approximately 3pm
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
MFB Stadiums: BBG-04 Attack, BBG-11 Defense, and BBG-18 Balance (Alternating rounds)
Plastics Stadium: Tornado Attack
Surface: Carpet with cardboard
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport) + a $5 room fee

Plastics Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

MFB Prizes: Plastics and Zero-G beys (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it - and for which tournament or tournaments you are confirmed!

MFB:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Stars
  4. Tech
  5. geetster99
  6. G-SHOCK
  7. Sonikkubey
  8. edesen smith123
  9. *Ginga*
  10. night wing 247
  11. beymaster15963
  12. repear12

Plastics:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Stars
  4. Tech
  5. geetster99
  6. beymaster15963
  7. *Ginga*
  8. Time

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I went 1-4 or 1-3 in Plastics with a stock Wolborg 4. It was all I had! XD

I am so disappointed with my performance today, I went 3-3 in ZG ...
In fact, I 'be been doing bad ever since I placed second ...
Coincidental?
Ginga that SG seems very worn which is why it couldn't perform zombie correctly besides that one round i saw actually zombie'd
Yeah, I've been noticing that too. It is odd though, I had never launched it ever before this morning, besides a bunch of hand spins at my house ...
Did Aru participate in zero-g?
Nope, only Plastics.

I had a really nice time today (despite a few losses and things of the sort) and I'll be seeing you all next month!
No, he didn't he such a wimp Wink i was gonna eat his BP like it was lunch for me.
February's MFB tournament was a little lighter on the turnout - but that was likely more my fault for posting the thread late than any long-term trend, so not to worry! My apologies to all!

Here are the results!

MFB
1st place: geetster99
2nd place: Stars
3rd place: Sonikkubey!
4th place: Beymaster

We didn't make it all the way to plastics last month, so we finished up this time in classic style!

Plastics
1st place: geetster99
2nd place: Tech
3rd place: Arupaeo
4th place: Stars

The next tournament is going to be in late March with our good friend Stars taking on the host's duties. I will be there too, but Stars is going to be running the show!

PS - With geetster winning 5 tournaments in a row, you'd think that maybe he would be the target, right? But no, even though I've stayed out of the MFB tournaments somehow I'm the bad guy... explain to me how that works again??? :p

See you next month at MLK Park!
I'll see to geester winning streak Wink I can't wait for next month now. And Stars and Geester Placing is only the rivals of Jakusha winning. By this I don't mean I will be beat geester just throwing out and empty claim I sure hope we would get to battle though.

Now just my string launcher issues again
I tossed Tech before the finals that Duo F230CF failed so hardcore Smug ya mad jakusha
That was my direct counter to Dragooon B:D, idk why it didn't work, hah.
Because Hasbro B:D spins more freely the TT one when i lose so much stamina from tilting
geeeez someone needs to knock geester off his throne lol
I Tried LOL he got lucky with that 2-3...
This event has now been processed. Congratulations!!