Best Amusement Park Ride you've been on!

I searched it up, and couldn't find a thread like this, and I wanted to see what amusement park rides everyone has gone on!

What is the greatest Amusement Park Ride you have ever been on? (It could also be a theme park or a Haunted House, and things like that)

The best one I've ever went on, was this scary house in Niagara Falls, called the Nightmare Fear Factory, and it is probably the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. Search it up!

So, tell me what the best amusement park ride you have ever been on! Smile

You could even tell me, which ones you want to be on!
Um...the Ferris wheel? I'm deathly afraid of roller coasters, so that doesn't leave much, hah.
X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain is one of the best roller coaster experiences you could ever have.

Heck, I could give you a list of like 100 roller coasters you NEED to ride, ahahaha.

For non-roller coasters, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal Studios takes the cake for me, at least.
The voyage at Holiday World in Santa Clause Indiana is exhilarating! It's the most amazing roller coaster I've been on.
In Hong Kong Disneyland, the minecart roller coaster, I forgot its name, is really fun, TNT, Bears, etc. Really fun, revese drops, it's awesome.
About two years ago, when I went to Chicago to see my family, we went on a road trip to Cedar Point which has won the 'best amusement park' award from Amusement Today for the past 15 years. It's basically the best theme park in the world for thrill seekers! I can't decide which ride was my favourite but it was either Millenium Force (300 ft drop, 80+ mph) or Top Thrill Dragster (400 ft drop, 120 mph).

Millenium force lasted a while and had a lot of drops which was great but Top Thrill Dragster was insane. It powered from 0-120 in what felt like a second, only bad thing was the tiny bugs in the air hit my face so hard cos of the speed that it really stung. My lips were flapping everywhere too LOL and it's pretty terrifying being at the top of a 420 foot hill!
Ferris Wheel, The Boat Ride ( Not The One That Goes Up And Down But The One That Rotates Very Fast).
The Haunted House
Haunted houses have to be the scariest things in the world. Things pop out of you out of nowhere and have the scariest sounds in the world. And, haha, I've actually never went on a proper roller-coaster ride before. I just went on those slow little ones as a kid :p
Same here, and I was even scared of those XD
(Mar. 15, 2013  4:04 PM)3-Dog Wrote: snip
Dude, Cedar Point is insane. Though I find Six Flags Magic Mountain far better when it comes to thrills, but that's only because it has more roller coasters as of now, something Cedar Point has held the record for for AGES. The new ride CP is getting, though, looks AMAZING, the GateKeeper is going to be the largest winged-coaster in the world.

Millenium Force, in my opinion, is better than Dragster. Sure, Dragster's the second tallest in the world, but Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure is taller and faster, haha. However, Millenium Force just has a better overall ride to it, the insane amount of air time, the monstrous height, overall a smooth track design, something pretty common for most Intamin AG rides. Probably Intamin's (who also built Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka) best ride when it comes to the overall experience.

Also, you went to Chicago, but DIDN'T go to Six Flags Great America? That's like twenty minutes from Chicago, lol. Great overall park, though the rides pale in comparison to the likes of Cedar Point and other Six Flags parks. If you ever hit up Chicago again, I'd recommend going there if you haven't already, haha.
Haha, Outnumbered, even those little ones?? Where you ride moving caterpillars, hahah xD

Oh, also, once I went to Canada's wonderland, and I went on this ride where you spin in circles. Everyone who came off of the ride, vomited EVERYWHERE!
oh god i love roller coasters

SkyRush at Hershey Park is OK, too shot, not enough drops, etc.

Six Flags always has good roller coasters. I personally have only been to the one near Baltimore.
I hope to go to Ceder Point this summer.
Kings Dominion is pretty good as well, but not great. The g-force on the Superman after the drop is crazy, all I saw was white. XD

Busch Gardens is OK, but definitely not enough roller coasters. The Griffon though, is awesome. If you have not been on it, before the drop, instead of having you look at the skyline, they stop you looking down the drop. The drop is almost 90 degrees, IIRC, at 72 (?) MPH.

So yeah, I LOVE roller coasters.
(Mar. 15, 2013  9:40 PM)LMAO Wrote: Haha, Outnumbered, even those little ones?? Where you ride moving caterpillars, hahah xD
Yah, I don't know what about them, they scared me to death. I was a fragile little child XD
(Mar. 15, 2013  9:51 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: oh god i love roller coasters

SkyRush at Hershey Park is OK, too shot, not enough drops, etc.

Six Flags always has good roller coasters. I personally have only been to the one near Baltimore.
I hope to go to Ceder Point this summer.
Kings Dominion is pretty good as well, but not great. The g-force on the Superman after the drop is crazy, all I saw was white. XD

Busch Gardens is OK, but definitely not enough roller coasters. The Griffin though, is awesome. If you have not been on it, before the drop, instead of having you look at the skyline, they stop you looking down the drop. The drop is almost 90 degrees, IIRC, at 272 (?) MPH.

So yeah, I LOVE roller coasters.
Aaaah you gotta get to Cedar Point. It makes Six Flags America and Kings Dominion (actually Cedar Fair's KD is pretty good, nice overall family park with some big rides like I think the Dominator) look terrible when it comes to roller coasters. Also, Superman at Six Flags New England (well, Bizarro now)>>>Superman at Six Flags America.

Griffon contains a 90 degree drop (being the largest Bolliger and Mabillard Diving Machine in existence) and only goes 71 MPH. No ride in the world goes faster than Formula Rossa in Ferrari World Abu Dubai at 149 MPH. Dive machines have great gimmicks, putting that brake right before the signature 90 degree drop is pure genius on the part of B&M.

As probably some can tell, I know a fair bit about this roller coaster biz, haha.

EDIT: btw, when I was obsessed with roller coasters back in '09, I used this website for most of my info:
http://rcdb.com/

Complete with pictures and stats of almost every roller coaster, lol.

OH, and for front-seat Point Of Views of some of the greatest roller coasters in the world:
http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwCOASTERFO...eos?view=0

Have fun and enjoy your ride.
Thanks, haha.

What was I thinking, 272 MPH ...
Six flags magic mountain tatsu I think that's how its spelled
BATMAN’s Batwing Coaster near baltimore is awsome it holds you like your in a paraglider (but i got stuck in it upsidedown for 20 min with blood rushing to my head because sombodys leg was sticking out it drove me insane) still A fun ride
(Mar. 15, 2013  9:37 PM)Mino Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2013  4:04 PM)3-Dog Wrote: snip
Dude, Cedar Point is insane. Though I find Six Flags Magic Mountain far better when it comes to thrills, but that's only because it has more roller coasters as of now, something Cedar Point has held the record for for AGES. The new ride CP is getting, though, looks AMAZING, the GateKeeper is going to be the largest winged-coaster in the world.

Millenium Force, in my opinion, is better than Dragster. Sure, Dragster's the second tallest in the world, but Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure is taller and faster, haha. However, Millenium Force just has a better overall ride to it, the insane amount of air time, the monstrous height, overall a smooth track design, something pretty common for most Intamin AG rides. Probably Intamin's (who also built Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka) best ride when it comes to the overall experience.

Also, you went to Chicago, but DIDN'T go to Six Flags Great America? That's like twenty minutes from Chicago, lol. Great overall park, though the rides pale in comparison to the likes of Cedar Point and other Six Flags parks. If you ever hit up Chicago again, I'd recommend going there if you haven't already, haha.

I've actually been to Six Flags Great America twice, once with the family and once on an amazing date with my girlfriend haha it was fun but I doubt I'd enjoy it again after going to Cedar Point! Cedar Point has ruined all other theme parks for me! Unhappy We have decent theme parks in England, I've been to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers, still need to go to Thorpe Park but don't really know anyone willing to make the journey. The rides over here are all miniature versions of what you guys get, though, so it's pretty boring. Going on the Pepsi Max after having experienced Millenium Force is just lame.
(Mar. 17, 2013  3:33 AM)3-Dog Wrote: I've actually been to Six Flags Great America twice, once with the family and once on an amazing date with my girlfriend haha it was fun but I doubt I'd enjoy it again after going to Cedar Point! Cedar Point has ruined all other theme parks for me! Unhappy We have decent theme parks in England, I've been to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers, still need to go to Thorpe Park but don't really know anyone willing to make the journey. The rides over here are all miniature versions of what you guys get, though, so it's pretty boring. Going on the Pepsi Max after having experienced Millenium Force is just lame.
Thorpe Park would definitely be worth the journey, you MUST fine someone! Just a chance to ride Colossus in general (former record holder for most inversions on a single ride, currently is tied for second highest amount with 10) would be absolutely amazing. Nemesis Inferno, Stealth, and Saw are all pretty amazing rides, too. If I could ever afford to go to England, all three places you mentioned would most definitely be on top priority, just to experience the rides!

Oh, I bet. I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain (I think I talk about this place too much, haha) and the roller coasters I went on there can never compare to the ones I've rode in the past at places like Carowinds and Six Flags Great America. If I ever go to Cedar Point pretty sure the same thing would happen ahahaha.
I went to the leviathan in Canada's wonderland.
Cedar Point. The best one I went on was the Dragster. Scary. As. F&#K! I also went on the Meanstreak, the gemini, the raptor, witches wheel, the gatekeeper, the Melinium force, the power tower, and the raptor
Probably The Leviathan In Canada's Wonderland Grin
The magnum (I think that's how it's spelled) at cedar point, voted best roller costar in the US, this ride takes like 2min to get done! Nuff said bro.
(Jun. 04, 2013  2:47 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: The magnum (I think that's how it's spelled) at cedar point, voted best roller costar in the US, this ride takes like 2min to get done! Nuff said bro.
I was gonna go on that one but my friend said it was bad