0%
**** 4 stars
16.67%
***** 5 stars
66.67%
Total: 100% 12 vote(s)
Stone Face: Begirados

Weight: 1.2 grams
The sticker on this Stone Face represents a combination of a Behemoth and Pegira, an Ultraman monster similar to Godzilla with one horn on its forehead and two huge fangs. This is why the Beyblade is called Begirados: the 'b' comes from Behemoth.

Chrome Wheel: Begirados

Weight: 30.5 grams
Begirados illustrates a clear monster head in a profile view with the centre of the Beyblade right between its jaws. It has a huge fang and a few smaller sharp teeths creating relief on the top, as well as one horn forming one whole side with ragged edges. This same pattern also adorns the opposite side of the Chrome Wheel. Considering that the other sides are made of the bottom of the jaw and the top of the head, Begirados still has a relatively symetrical design. The hole where the Crystal Wheel's orb is supposed to protrude represents the eye, but it is too small to allow the whole orb to stick out.

When used as the top Chrome Wheel in a Synchrome:

When used in attack customs, paired with the right bottom Chrome Wheel, it can have decent smash attack. In defense combos, it has too much recoil to be used on the top, as well as poor stamina. Due to these factors, Begirados has decent use on the top of a Synchrom.

When used as the bottom Chrome Wheel in a Synchrome:

In attack combos, it has decent smash attack when paired with the correct Chrome Wheels. However, if two Balro's are not available, Begirados has use in the attack custom, MSF-H Begirados Balro CH120R2F.

When used in Synchrome with itself:

The Begirados Begirados Synchrome covers up most of the Chrome Wheel's contact points. When paired with itself it has decent smash. It also has considerable recoil compared to Metal Wheels such as Duo, as well as poor stamina. As such, Begirados does better when in synchrome with a different metal wheel.

Crystal Wheel: Berserker

Weight: 4.5 grams
With a mostly symmetrical design, Berserker represents lines of chains as well as segments that could represent gloves or much bigger sections of a chain. The Crystal Wheel's orb and its opposite side appear to be boulders in the chains.

Track: Stamina Ring 200

Weight: 3.3 gram Full Width: 26.5 mm Core Width: 10.0 mm Height: 20.00 mm
Similar to D125, SR200 possesses a wide and lengthy stamina ring around its core. This ring, while circular around the center, is completely straight vertically.

Use in stamina customizations:

Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) SR200TB
Genbull Genbull SR200 (TB/CS)

Bottom: Big Wide Defense

Weight: 1.0 gram Full Width: mm Tip Width: mm Full Height: mm Tip Height: mm Tip Angle: 30°
As its name suggests, BWD is simply a considerably bigger version of WD: while the latter has a clear width separation with its base that locks onto the Track, BWD takes up all this space, and extends lower too.

In the BB-10 attack stadium, because of Balance issues, this part shouldn't be chosen over WD or EWD for Stamina combos. In the Zero-G stadium, it offers decent resistance to sway, as well as decent Stamina.

Overall:

This Beyblade consits of decent parts, the exclusion being SR200, which has found use in competitive stamina combos. This beyblade isn't a must have, but it is a welcome addition to anyone's collection.
I swore I saw Begirados^2 used in a couple of tournaments. Are you sure it's useless?
Hey, I thought u changed that part?
It covers up a lot of its own attack points. I think I shoukd mention it's better with Balro instead.
But Begirados^2 is not completely useless, correct?
Correct, but it will be pretty inconsistent when you use it.
Where did you get that from? Begirados^2 is a great Smash Attacker from like 2 months back at least, and it is fairly consistent, (definetly would destroy in Chicago metagame).
Eh... not nearly as good as Balro, Wyvang, Flash, etc. It only has 2 major contact points when in synchrome with itself. With Gryph, it has all of them. With Balro it has four I do believe.
Eh... no. Gryph has 2, Flash also has 2, Balro has 4, and wyvang has 4. You're getting your chrome wheels mixed up lol. Just because it seems it's not good, it is great in different metagames. And in my tests from a long time ago, it does great.
Don't you have to have it in proper Wiki format as well?
(Jun. 27, 2014  5:25 PM)Snoop Dog MS Wrote: Eh... no. Gryph has 2, Flash also has 2, Balro has 4, and wyvang has 4. You're getting your chrome wheels mixed up lol. Just because it seems it's not good, it is great in different metagames. And in my tests from a long time ago, it does great.

No I meant that Gryph and Balro expose Behirados' contact points. And Balro has like 8 and Wyvang has like 12...

(Jun. 27, 2014  5:28 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Don't you have to have it in proper Wiki format as well?

Not yet I don't think, most of the other ones aren't in the format.
Do you own two begirados? If you did, you'd know that it lines up perfectly when synchromed with itself. It actually has more usable attack points than balro or Wyvang, but because it has such extreme recoil it's not a reliable attack custom, it has nothing to do with not lining up well.
I used to. I now own one. But I do own a Berserker. From how I looked at it, it only allows for 2 contact points to be exposed. If someone has pictures, I'd like to see them.
Begirados^2 fits perfectly. As a matter of fact, Balro fits incredibly poorly with Begirados. However, I actually use Balro Begirados (which I assume, is what you meant instead of Begirados Balro) because it gives Begirados a significant amount of Stamina. Begirados is also notable for having a ridiculous amount of Upper Smash - I even once snapped the top half of a Beyblade completely off after it delivered a massive hit. Conversely, it is usable for Force Smash on the underside of a tall Synchrome.

Begirados^2 has use in the Anti-Attack combo Begirados Begirados BD145RF. Testing:
There was a thread for this, I thought, but I checked and it isn't there...
There wasn't a thread for it.

Sorry for the quality, but it was from a video. As you can see, there not totally exposed on that one. And it only has 5 contact points.
Quote:Sorry for the quality, but it was from a video. As you can see, there not totally exposed on that one. And it only has 5 contact points.

As in 5 is a small number of contact points? Compared to the 4 of flash or the 1.5 of Wyvang or the 3 of blitz when it was popular?
1.5 of Wyvang....? No, compared to the 7 of Balro and 10 of Wyvang.
(Jun. 27, 2014  9:23 PM)Echizen Wrote: 1.5 of Wyvang....? No, compared to the 7 of Balro and 10 of Wyvang.

Wyvang has 3 contact points, max. At the head there is one, maybe two, and the tail is another one. I have no idea where you are getting this "10" number lol

Though I do agree on Balro having about 7 points. However, Begirados has six contact points, I'm not sure how you count five... There is one that's smaller than the rest, but it's still there.

Regardless, Begirados' Upper Smash and Smash Attack means that it can toss Beyblades up and out, which makes it quite effective. It doesn't have quite as much Smash Attack as either Balro or Wyvang does, but when it tosses things up, the opponent is momentarily in midair. Not touching the ground is generally not good for grip, so when it hits things up and out, it is nullifying the grip of the opponent, which will make up for its lack of regular Smash Attack as long as the opponent remains in midair. This does require Begirados to get under the opponent, which makes it most effective on LTACs. TBD made a thread for Gryph Begirados 105RF, which did pretty well, though personally I use Balro Begirados (for more Stamina than Gryph) 100RF.
What? Look at the edge of the metal wheel, haha. It small pointy contact points all over it.

Yeah it's 6 my bad.
Those do not protrude near enough to be considered points of contact. They're almost as small as Orojiya's. So Wyvang really does have 1 or 2, or somehwere in between maybe.
If it only had two small ones, how would it be so useful for attack? I'm sorry, but I consider those contact points. Uncertain
The number of contact points has nothing to do with Attack power.

They are pretty clearly not contact points; except for the areas at the head and tail, Wyvang is almost entirely round.

But this is getting off-topic from what this thread is for - the Begirados article.
(Jun. 28, 2014  12:38 AM)Tr! Wrote: Those do not protrude near enough to be considered points of contact. They're almost as small as Orojiya's. So Wyvang really does have 1 or 2, or somehwere in between maybe.

Thus 1.5. But yeah, begirados is definitely a useful wheel for attack which was the main point of this discussion.
NECRO TIMEEEE

doin mah part for teh beywikis

(Jun. 27, 2014  4:39 PM)6 God Wrote: Stone Face: Begirados

Weight: 1.2 grams
The sticker on this Stone Face represents a combination of a Behemoth and Pegira, an Ultraman monster similar to Godzilla with one horn on its forehead and two huge fangs. This is why the Beyblade is called Begirados: the 'b' comes from Behemoth.

Chrome Wheel: Begirados

Weight: 30.5 grams
Begirados clearly illustrates a profile view of the head of a monster, with the centre of the Beyblade right between its jaws. It has a huge fang and several smaller sharp teeth, as well as a horn along one side with a jagged profile. A similar pattern is formed along the opposite side of the Chrome Wheel. This pattern and the similar shape of the jaw and head make Begirados a somewhat symmetrical Chrome Wheel. The Crystal Wheel's orb fills a small hole where the monster's eye should be; it is partially obscured by the hole's irregular shape.

When used as the top Chrome Wheel in a Synchrome:

Begirados' rough shape and jagged texture give it strong Smash Attack. Although it is not as strong as top-tier Attack wheels like Balro and Wyvang, Begirados still is a powerful Attacker, especially when paired with Chrome Wheels like Gryph which expose its aggressive shape well. Begirados can be put to good use in the Attack custom MSF-H Gryph Begirados 105R2F.

When used as the bottom Chrome Wheel in a Synchrome:

Begirados generally should not be used as the bottom Chrome Wheel in a Synchrome, because the large contact points on its "horn" generate a significant amount of Upper Smash when on top. If Begirados is put on the bottom, this force is mostly wasted, causing significant recoil. However, Begirados can be used with Dragooon to make a left-spin Attack combo, MSF-H Begirados Dragooon BD145RF.

When used in Synchrome with itself:

When Synchromed with itself, the contact points near Begirados' horn line up, exposing both Begirados' Attack potential. Although its Smash Attack is still not as strong as Balro Balro or Wyvang Wyvang, Begirados Begirados has some use in Smash Attack and Anti-Attack with the combo MSF-H Begirados Begirados TR145RF.

Crystal Wheel: Berserker

Weight: 4.5 grams
With a mostly symmetrical design, Berserker represents lines of chains as well as segments that could represent gloves or much bigger sections of a chain. The Crystal Wheel's orb and its opposite side appear to be boulders in the chains.

Note: It looks to me like there are several chain weapons shown; the orb and the elemental symbol appear to form spiked balls of some kind, like a flail or meteor hammer. There are also at least one pair of blades, as well as what are either stylized grips/handles for the weapons or another set of blades. There are three separate chains on each side of the Crystal Wheel.

Track: Stamina Ring 200

Weight: 3.3 gram Full Width: 26.5 mm Core Width: 10.0 mm Height: 20.00 mm
Similar to D125, SR200 possesses a wide vertical ring around its core. SR200's ring is significantly taller than D125's is, though its diameter is the same.

Use in Stamina customizations:

SR200 has been found to work well with TB, and may be used in the combos Duo Cygnus SR200TB or Genbull Genbull SR200TB.

Bottom: Big Wide Defense

Weight: 1.0 gram Full Width: mm Tip Width: mm Full Height: mm Tip Height: mm Tip Angle: 30°
As its name suggests, BWD is simply a considerably bigger version of WD; WD's width almost takes up the entire base of the Tip, while BWD is larger still, requiring a series of grooves along its edge to permit the use of the assembly tool. It is also taller than WD, with a more steeply angled point.

In Zero-G stadiums, BWD's taller, sharper shape makes it more resistant to Sway Attack while still giving it decent Stamina. In non-swaying Stadiums like the Beystadium Attack Type, BWD's shape is more of a liability than an asset, causing balance issues and making it a poor substitute for WD or EWD.

Overall:
Although SR200 is top-tier for Stamina, Begirados is moderately useful for Attack, and BWD has found use in Zero-G, Berserker Begirados' parts are not particularly powerful competitively. This beyblade isn't a must have, but it is a welcome addition to anyone's collection.

I made a bunch of changes (a lot of rewording, but also some significant changes to content). Be aware that I am something of a Begirados fanboy, so I may not be 100% unbiased here...
Blader DJ