Bearing vs Drift vs Dimension-S: Defense Test

These are the most well known max LAD Drivers in Limited, so on the right combo they should be able to OS anything opposite spin besides another max LAD combo. Due to the nature of the Burst mechanic, they are also very difficult to burst for an opposite spin opponent, especially when weak launched. Therefore, the most consistent way, at least in terms of player agency, to defeat them in opposite spin is by KO.

I used dF and F3 for these since they are a lot closer performance wise than dC and C3 are, imo. hK is the best right spin Attacker to use against left spin, so that's what I used to try and make the combos as similar as possible. Unfortunately, my X' is slowing down in its old age, and it seems like all of my launchers are starting to wear out. The one I used is some technically illegal abomination that I had to combine a few days ago - it uses parts from a B-88 LR, Long LR from Cho-Z Achilles, and a Dual Threat, and at best cannot launch harder than a stock long LR (and even then, it still felt underpowered), so maybe I should look into getting one of the DB Launchers.

Hazard Kerbeus 7Dagger Xtreme' vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
hK.7D.X': 10 wins (all KO)
dF.00W.Br: 10 wins (all OS)
dF.00W.Br win rate: 50%

Hazard Kerbeus 7Dagger Xtreme' vs Fafnir F3 00Wall Dimension-S
hK.7D.X': 11 wins (9 KO, 2 0S)
F3.00W.Dm-S: 9 wins (all OS)
F3.00W.Dm-S win rate: 45%

Hazard Kerbeus 7Dagger Xtreme' vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Drift
hK.7D.X': 8 wins (all KO)
dF.00W.Dr: 12 wins (all OS)
dF.00W.Dr win rate: 60%

Overall, they seemed to be pretty similar at resisting KOs - on the rare occasion that I got the launch angle right with hK and my launcher didn't skip, it would violently kick them out of the stadium in one hit. Drift seemed slightly better at surviving mid-game hits than the others, one of the Bearing KOs was mid-game, whereas Drift tended to move back less in general. I also had a more difficult time sending Drift into "death orbit" compared to Dm-S, which actually scraped out a few times, though my Drift is on the more passive side to begin with (I did not have many issues with nL Drift going into death orbit when I tested it).

With two questionable ways to defeat them in opposite spin, another hallmark of these max LAD combos is that they have poor stamina or burst resistance, to make them unappealing to play in same spin and balance out their theoretical advantage against opposite spin. Bearing is known for its weak spring, Dm-S and Drift are known to have poor same spin Stamina and a tendency to self-KO or scrape out. I decided to test them against an all-around left spin Attacker, bL.Ω.Hn'.

LC Bloody Longinus Ωuter Hunter' vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
bL.Ω.Hn': 17 wins (3 KO, 13 Burst, 1 OS)
dF.00W.Br: 3 wins (all OS)
dF.00W.Br win rate: 15%

LC Bloody Longinus Ωuter Hunter' vs Fafnir F3 00Wall Dimension-S
bL.Ω.Hn': 15 wins (4 KO, 5 Burst, 6 0S)
F3.00W.Dm-S: 5 wins (1 KO, 4 OS)
F3.00W.Dm-S win rate: 25%

LC Bloody Longinus Ωuter Hunter' vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Drift
bL.Ω.Hn': 10 wins (2 KO, 3 Burst, 5 OS)
dF.00W.Dr: 10 wins (1 KO, 9 OS)
dF.00W.Dr win rate: 50%

Drift once again performed the best. Its burst resistance was significantly better than Bearing's, even when hard launched, and once again it had a lower chance of going into death orbit than Dimension-S. The times it did, though, neither of them were able to recover from it as bL is also left spin.
Seems like drift has a bit better defense than bearing, bearing has better defense than dimension-s, and dimension-s has decent defense. Which honestly makes sense to me. Nice to see bearings defense is still solid, just like the good ol’ days. Could you do another test with these 3 drivers but a LAD test? I know drift will win but I’d like to see bearing vs dimension-s and how close those 2 can get to drift.
add rise too

It has great LAD and its plate can probably (?) resist KOs.

Also which bearing mold is the best?

I've heard that the red one is better than the yellow one
(Sep. 12, 2021  5:35 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: add rise too

I have a Rise, but it would take me a long time to awaken it. I've heard that the red one has a tighter spring, but I don't know how much that will matter now that Br' is a thing. I haven't heard anything overwhelmingly in favor of or against a certain color or release of Br outside of that though, so it's probably just luck of the draw. I have the gold Br from dC and the blue Br from Wolborg, and they both perform about the same for me.

(Sep. 08, 2021  2:01 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Seems like drift has a bit better defense than bearing, bearing has better defense than dimension-s, and dimension-s has decent defense. Which honestly makes sense to me. Nice to see bearings defense is still solid, just like the good ol’ days. Could you do another test with these 3 drivers but a LAD test? I know drift will win but I’d like to see bearing vs dimension-s and how close those 2 can get to drift.

I wouldn't say that Bearing's defense is solid - I wouldn't say that about any of these Drivers, to be honest. The only part I find worrying is Drift's burst resistance, I feel like that allows it to overshadow both Br and Dm-S despite not being definitively better at doing what they do.

I did some LAD testing as well, but it's going to be in a weird format since I was trying out some of the new tie rules to speed things up. I did a very non-standard amount of rounds for each of these, counting each separate best 3 of 5 match that would be cut short by the tie rules and playing a complete unit of those matches until it reached over ten total rounds.

Fafnir F3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Deep Chaos 00Wall Bearing
F3.00W.Dm-S: 1 win (1 OS)
dC.00W.Br: 2 wins (2 OS)
10 ties redone

Caynox C3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
C3.00W.Dm-S: 0 wins (2 OS)
dF.00W.Br: 1 win (3 OS)
14 ties redone

Caynox C3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Drift
C3.00W.Dm-S: 2 wins (4 OS)
dF.00W.Dr: 1 win (1 OS)
9 ties redone

Fafnir F3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Deep Chaos 00Wall Drift
F3.00W.Dm-S: 2 wins (4 OS)
dC.00W.Dr: 0 wins (1 OS)
5 ties redone

Drain Fafnir 00Wall Drift vs Deep Chaos 00Wall Bearing
dC.00W.Br: 2 wins (4 OS)
8 ties redone

Deep Chaos 00Wall Drift vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
dC.00W.Dr: 2 wins (6 OS)
dF.00W.Br: 0 wins (2 OS)
4 ties redone
Overall

Bearing: 5 wins (11 OS) 4 losses (10 OS)
Dimension-S: 5 wins (11 OS) 4 losses (7 OS)
Drift: 4 wins (9 OS) 6 losses (14 OS)

Needless to say they were all very close, and I'm not going to list any winners because no one wins in this situation. I was surprised to see Dm-S perform so well overall against Dr, but I have a feeling that could be very easy to change using different parts with different balances and wear states. In this sense, these tests represent the futility of man.
(Sep. 14, 2021  5:29 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  5:35 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: add rise too

I have a Rise, but it would take me a long time to awaken it. I've heard that the red one has a tighter spring, but I don't know how much that will matter now that Br' is a thing. I haven't heard anything overwhelmingly in favor of or against a certain color or release of Br outside of that though, so it's probably just luck of the draw. I have the gold Br from dC and the blue Br from Wolborg, and they both perform about the same for me.

(Sep. 08, 2021  2:01 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Seems like drift has a bit better defense than bearing, bearing has better defense than dimension-s, and dimension-s has decent defense. Which honestly makes sense to me. Nice to see bearings defense is still solid, just like the good ol’ days. Could you do another test with these 3 drivers but a LAD test? I know drift will win but I’d like to see bearing vs dimension-s and how close those 2 can get to drift.

I wouldn't say that Bearing's defense is solid - I wouldn't say that about any of these Drivers, to be honest. The only part I find worrying is Drift's burst resistance, I feel like that allows it to overshadow both Br and Dm-S despite not being definitively better at doing what they do.

I did some LAD testing as well, but it's going to be in a weird format since I was trying out some of the new tie rules to speed things up. I did a very non-standard amount of rounds for each of these, counting each separate best 3 of 5 match that would be cut short by the tie rules and playing a complete unit of those matches until it reached over ten total rounds.

Fafnir F3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Deep Chaos 00Wall Bearing
F3.00W.Dm-S: 1 win (1 OS)
dC.00W.Br: 2 wins (2 OS)
10 ties redone

Caynox C3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
C3.00W.Dm-S: 0 wins (2 OS)
dF.00W.Br: 1 win (3 OS)
14 ties redone

Caynox C3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Drift
C3.00W.Dm-S: 2 wins (4 OS)
9 ties redone

Fafnir F3 00Wall Dimension-S vs Deep Chaos 00Wall Drift
F3.00W.Dm-S: 2 wins (4 OS)
dC.00W.Dr: 0 wins (1 OS)
5 ties redone

Drain Fafnir 00Wall Drift vs Deep Chaos 00Wall Bearing
dC.00W.Br: 2 wins (4 OS)
8 ties redone

Deep Chaos 00Wall Drift vs Drain Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
dC.00W.Dr: 2 wins (6 OS)
dF.00W.Br: 0 wins (2 OS)
4 ties redone
Overall

Bearing: 5 wins (11 OS) 4 losses (10 OS)
Dimension-S: 5 wins (11  OS) 4 losses (7 OS)
Drift: 4 wins (9 OS) 6 losses (14 OS)

Needless to say they were all very close, and I'm not going to list any winners because no one wins in this situation. I was surprised to see Dm-S perform so well overall against Dr, but I have a feeling that could be very easy to change using different parts with different balances and wear states. In this sense, these tests represent the futility of man.
Your testing was nice, but 00 wall is only good on bearing and dimension-s. On drift, wall scrapes decreasing its lad, so that made drift worse than it is in this test. But it was accurate for br vs dm-s