Battle Strikers site up and running

Hey Everyone,

I know it's been a while since you've heard from me, but we've been working really hard on the launch of Battle Strikers in North America. We now have our 10 ambassadors who are currently in training getting ready for the Turbo Tour. I thought I'd let you all know that our site is now up and running. If you log on to battlestrikers.com you can check out all things Battle Strikers; we'd love to hear what you have to say about it. You'll notice on the website we have a tour section that showcases our tour dates and locations, if we're coming to a city near you, I'd love for you to come out and give Battle Strikers a try.
I'm still working on samples to send out to a few of you, don't think I haven't forgotten.

-Jess
Dropping what I said here also.
Let's not go there; the last topic degenerating into bashing for this. I would like to keep this thread civil.
Dropping my statements here since they've been covered in another thread.
I signed up on the site a few days ago, and I've been waiting to find out the specific location of the events. I assume that information will be released when the tour starts, or on the day of each event. I've got 2 questions-

First question- Is there an age restriction?

Second question- Even if I can't compete with the target market, I am still interested in the game and I'd like to know if any tops will be available for purchase through the Turbo Tour van, or where the events are being held.

Also- Gadget, drop it. We've already covered all of this in another thread.
(Jun. 18, 2009  2:47 PM)ambassador Wrote: Hey Everyone,

I know it's been a while since you've heard from me, but we've been working really hard on the launch of Battle Strikers in North America. We now have our 10 ambassadors who are currently in training getting ready for the Turbo Tour. I thought I'd let you all know that our site is now up and running. If you log on to battlestrikers.com you can check out all things Battle Strikers; we'd love to hear what you have to say about it. You'll notice on the website we have a tour section that showcases our tour dates and locations, if we're coming to a city near you, I'd love for you to come out and give Battle Strikers a try.
I'm still working on samples to send out to a few of you, don't think I haven't forgotten.

-Jess

Very cool, I see you're going to be in my city this upcoming Wednesday. If I'm not working that day, I'll be sure to check it out!
The website looks good. Also been playing the game you have on there, It's a pretty good. Would be cool if you could battle other members who have joined the fourm if that is possible.
You're right, I should give it a try before judging it, I have dropped all my statements until I have actually tried it myself.
I've got to say, looking at the product catalogue, the customisation possibilities are fairly intriguing.
There isn't much bad that can be said about the presentation of the product. It definitely doesn't feel like a "knockoff". The site is incredibly well done, all the product outwork is outstanding ... the group working on this project have done an incredible job. Takara-Tomy could learn a thing or two about presentation from this site!

That being said, I'm unconvinced that the different parts will offer noticeable differences, but I was fascinated by the tips. All of the cores and locks appear to be the same, and the armors only have noticeable differences. Plus, after playing with metal Beyblades, not sure I could go back to so much plastic ...

I'm genuinely worried this will take wind out of Beyblade's sails when it launches next year, which is good news for you guys, but I guess bad for us. Grin Good work!
I may pick it up to try it out, I'll probably pick up the Dragon one first.
From what I’ve see these Battle Strikers are really big, and that usually makes for slower spinning and less active battling, compared to MFB that are smaller, faster, and hit harder, so it all comes down to what people are looking for more fighting, or more control. In my opinion MFB will be the better product and sell more with the older kids (us) but Battle Strikers will be more popular with younger kids. But Beyblades have been around for over 10 years, which will give them the sells advantage to MFB. We're looking at the future of Beyblades. Don’t think of this as a bad thing, if (and I don’t know if this is cool with Battle Strikers and Beyblades) they could somehow combine the 2 products into 1 super spinning battling tops that would be amazing.
Brad Wrote:playing with metal Beyblades, not sure I could go back to so much plastic ...

So much this. Nice product but I do not think once people play with BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion they will go back to Battle Strikers.
If I can make it to the event in Rochester on Wednesday, except a full report from me shortly thereafter. Personally, I'm kind of hoping this is as much fun as Beyblade, as I look forward to cultivating my skills in two similar, but significantly differing games.
Quick question for Ambassador/Jess; Are you going to be at this event?
To answer Minion's questions:

No, there is definitely no age restriction, this has definitely proved to fun for all ages, even our Sales Reps were having tournaments recently (no joke!)

The Tour Vans will not be selling any product but there will be opportunities to get free samples for participants.

Just as an FYI we have had to make some changes to the tour as we are now creating a Canadian tour. Once I have the final adjustments, I will post them up. As of right now, the Rochester, NY event will now be held on August 9th (Sunday), hope you are still able to make it, Spinster.
(Jun. 18, 2009  11:14 PM)ambassador Wrote: To answer Minion's questions:

No, there is definitely no age restriction, this has definitely proved to fun for all ages, even our Sales Reps were having tournaments recently (no joke!)

The Tour Vans will not be selling any product but there will be opportunities to get free samples for participants.

Just as an FYI we have had to make some changes to the tour as we are now creating a Canadian tour. Once I have the final adjustments, I will post them up. As of right now, the Rochester, NY event will now be held on August 9th (Sunday), hope you are still able to make it, Spinster.

This is all good news! I'll be in Rochester on the 9th too Grin
Awesome. I'm looking forward to this, and I'm glad I heard from you. I sent you an Email a couple weeks ago!

Also, check out the glitch I found in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXQW0n9MP-M

Give it a few minutes to process. It is a vid of a glitch where you can get a certain part early.
The site looks great. Congratz. I also can't wait to try these. I second Bey Brad's post as well, though. Haven't been able to try much on the site, as my computer doesn't work well with it (I've got an outdated laptop), but everything looks great. I may edit as I check it out. Smile
i played that flash game for way too long today
(Jun. 19, 2009  2:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i played that flash game for way too long today

So did I. If you just grab the top and swing it in circles the special bar goes up way to quick. Then under 20 secs the battle is done.
That flash game is fun!

This really puts that DS game to shame.
I love this game XD,The site game that is XD,when this comes out I want to build the Battle striker Im using
The flash game is pretty addicting, and challenging. Haha.
(Jun. 18, 2009  11:14 PM)ambassador Wrote: To answer Minion's questions:

Actually, that works better as I now have time to put in the request to have that afternoon off.
Man.I hate its not coming to Brooklyn New York XD (the turbo tour that is).Well I can hope I get some samples and be able to try them out then