Basalt Cancer F:D

ok when i get the chance i will be testing MF-H hell bull BD145 CS Vs Basalt Kerbecs FGrin and MF-L Hell Kerbecs BD145 CS Vs basalt Cancer FGrin (callums request)
i am posting in the comments because this is not my original combo, this is th!nks request:

Basalt Kerbecs F:D Vs MF-H Hell Bull BD145 CS

BK Banked and shot 2nd
BK WR: 10/20 (4 KO, 6 OS)
HB WR: 10/20 (6 KO, 4 OS)

as you can see the results arn't as good so i will stick with Cancer
may not be able to test for a while, sorry callum yours will come next
Hmm, only marginally worse. Are you sure you oriented Kerbecs correctly?
Also, how close were the outspins with cancer, and kerbecs?
yh i made sure on kerbecs that the chains started and ended over the dip in basalt. When i used cancer the OS's were good. sometimes it was still in SF mode
Someone wondered how this combo fares against a 230 combo, so I tested against my favorite!

My equipment/setup:
TT Attack Stadium
3 segment grip (black)
string launchers (red)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS vs. Basalt Cancer F/D
Alternating shots
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS 20/20 (20 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Cancer F/D 0/20 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Cancer wins 0%

230 appears to be kryptonite for Basalt Cancer F/D (like so many other 145-ish combos) but I find the other results to be interesting as its one of the few F/D combos that I've seen that shows promise. Thanks for the thread!
(Jun. 09, 2011  5:20 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Someone wondered how this combo fares against a 230 combo, so I tested against my favorite!

My equipment/setup:
TT Attack Stadium
3 segment grip (black)
string launchers (red)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS vs. Basalt Cancer F/D
Alternating shots
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS 20/20 (20 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Cancer F/D 0/20 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Cancer wins 0%

230 appears to be kryptonite for Basalt Cancer F/D (like so many other 145-ish combos) but I find the other results to be interesting as its one of the few F/D combos that I've seen that shows promise. Thanks for the thread!

Ok thanks LOOL O.o umm have to get a 230 for testing D:
Not much point. As I said, this thing can't do much to K.O. 230 based opponents. And with F : D it will surely be outspun by most staple 230 combos.
Somehow I find this combo to have a decent win rate against 230? It usually destabilizes 230 combos from what ive seen during informal testing. Or maybe it's because im tired. I will try to do some testing later on against other combo's other than basalt 230 since i don't have 2 basalts. maybe more attack types?

EDIT: sorry didn't see that testing against basalt 230 was already done. Will test against other attack types though.
(Jun. 16, 2011  12:34 PM)Boo Wrote: Somehow I find this combo to have a decent win rate against 230? It usually destabilizes 230 combos from what ive seen during informal testing. Or maybe it's because im tired. I will try to do some testing later on against other combo's other than basalt 230 since i don't have 2 basalts. maybe more attack types?

EDIT: sorry didn't see that testing against basalt 230 was already done. Will test against other attack types though.

Oh no it would be great if you could do some 230 testing aswell just so that we can see the results and comper them
(Jun. 06, 2011  9:04 PM)Thermal Blaze Wrote: OP

Well, you certainly have a good sample size.
could you test this against a attack combo using WF
(if you already did this,just ignore my post) THX
(Jun. 21, 2011  1:53 AM)sasuke41915 Wrote: could you test this against a attack combo using WF
(if you already did this,just ignore my post) THX

Sorry i dont have a WF
Use HF/S. It's just as wide, only taller.
(Jun. 22, 2011  8:41 PM)Raijin Wrote: Use HF/S. It's just as wide, only taller.

ok any suggestions on what combo to test using HF/S ?
MF Gravity Perseus BD145HF/S
I just felt like posting some results of the combo
Basalt Cancer F: D vs MF-H Beat Lynx R145RF
Basalt Cancer wins 2
Beat Lynx wins 8

basalt only won when it when into RHF mode and Koed Beat lynx Grin
Thanks for the testingStupid I actually like using this combo a lot but with a kerbecs wheel and a metal face for stronger hits while in RHF mode...I don't really see this combo to have much destabilizing qualities so cancer wouldn't help much in my opinion.:\
Yeah, plus you can orient kerbecs to help with Basalt's imbalance, so it's probably a better option, and it can still hurt higher stuff with it's bumpiness.
Uncertain oh well at least it was an idea Grin
Some comparative tests with an MF-H would be cool. For fast moving basalt combo's, MF-H gives you lots more momentum, IMO. I like it. That said, it might risk RHF stalling, so be careful. Try it out, though Cool
(Jun. 26, 2011  11:49 AM)th!nk Wrote: Some comparative tests with an MF-H would be cool. For fast moving basalt combo's, MF-H gives you lots more momentum, IMO. I like it. That said, it might risk RHF stalling, so be careful. Try it out, though Cool

ok when i get the chance ill try MF-H Vs some other beys
Thanks. Just try it against the same stuff if you could, for comparison Smile Probably just against a good attacker nad a good defence bey.

BTW, use Kerbecs on Hell, it's as heavy, if not heavier than bull, and has better balance, therefore, better defence and stamina. Just cos I saw bull in the OP Tongue_out
ok will do Smile
i will help test this combo , it is really fun as i personally think F: D is one of the funnest tips out. Anything specific you want it tested against?
(Jun. 26, 2011  12:02 PM)RustyXD Wrote: i will help test this combo , it is really fun as i personally think F: D is one of the funnest tips out. Anything specific you want it tested against?

Grin same! its fun to play with. Plus it looks cool with a Giraffe face... Umm yothanks for the help you could do testing with MF-H against combos in the OP