Basalt Cancer F:D

Hi, this is my first combo thread so hope this is a good combo lol.
So as the title says Basalt Cancer F:D is the combo. Sounds Carp right? It's acually quite decent. I came across this combo during beyday bonanza 2. I made it as a joke but it was doing good so decided to do some testing.
Why The Parts?
Basalt:we all know Basalt is a good anti-meta wheel. Plus it's heavy so wont get pushed around much.
Cancer: ok i chose this because of the destabilizing qualities.
F:D : I chose this because it has decent stamina at the beggining and if it doesnt knock the opponant out first it will go onto RHF for quick attacks. Also because of SF it can outspin some opponants as well.

This combo has no MF (Metal Face) because I tried the combo with a metal face and because of Basalts heavy weight it does not move around the stadium well.
Ok now to the results:

Equitment:
Launcher Grip + Standard Beylauncher
TT attack stadium (BB-107)
RF - New
CS- like new (very good condition)

Vs Stamina:
Basalt Cancer F:D Vs Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD (Boost Mode)
Hell Kerbecs Launched First
BC WR: 14/20 (14 KO)
HK WR: 4/20 (3 KO, 1 SKO)
2 Draws

Vs Attack:
Basalt Cancer F:D Vs MF Gravity Perseus D125 RF (Right Spin, Counter Mode)
Basalt Cancer Launched First
BC WR: 12/20 (10 OS, 2 KO)
GP WR: 8/20 (8 KO)

Basalt Cancer F:D Vs MF Meteo LDrago D125 XF
Launched At Same Time
MLD slide shot
BC Banked
BC WR: 13/20 (11 KO, 3 OS)
MLD WR: 7/20 (7 KO)

Basalt Cancer F:D Vs MF Lightning LDrago BD145 LRF

Launched at same time (with Raijin)
LLD Slide Shot
BC Banked
BC WR: 10/20 (5 KO, 5 OS)
LLD WR: 10/20 (10 KO)

Basalt Cancer F:D Vs MF Gravity Perseus D125 RF (Left Spin, Counter Mode)
Basalt Cancer Launched First - Both Banked
BC WR: 15/20 (14 OS, 1 KO)
GP WR: 5/20 (5 KO)
There were alot of draws

Vs Defence:
Basalt Cancer F:D Vs MF-H Hell Bull BD145 CS (Boost Mode)
Hell Bull Launched First
BC WR: 11/20 (7 OS, 4 KO)
HB WR: 9/10 (5 KO, 4 OS)

Basalt Cancer F:D Vs Earth Aquario BD145 CS
Earth Aquario Launched First
BC Banked
BC WR: 18/20 (16 OS, 3 KO)
EA WR: 2/20 (2 KO)

If other people could do some testing seeing as i don't have many tier parts that would be great :D
Hmmm... The Cancer's destabilizing abilities won't really affect this unless it was against 230. Can you test against any 230 combo and MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF(RF/R²F if you don't have LRF)?
(Jun. 06, 2011  9:07 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Hmmm... The Cancer's destabilizing abilities won't really affect this unless it was against 230. Can you test against any 230 combo and MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF(RF/R²F if you don't have LRF)?

umm sorry don't have a 230 if someone else could test that, that would be great and sure ill post results in the afternoon tomorrow Smile
Put Gravity in left-spin..
You mean "we all know Basalt is a good anti-meta wheel." :V
Well, I was at the tourney and it did work relatively well, however, when I did some informal testing against Basalt 230 combos and other top- tiers, it did not fair as well.

Maybe it was to do with the other combos people were using on the day / my combos / launches.
Looks good against Hell Kerbecs. If you can't do 230... try: Earth Aquario BD145CS.

Yes, I know Earth is outclassed, I just want to see the results.
Ok testing for LT, gravity in left spin and earth aquario will be up later today. Oh and thanks Dan, edited OP
Basalt isn't actually a "pretty good attack wheel". As Dan said, it's anti-meta, it's hard to KO with it unless the opponent has a fair bit of recoil.

Also, why do people keep using gravity in right spin? Unhappy Left spin is very useful, especially in cases like this Uncertain
Dunno why Basalt is anti-meta, it is so popular that it is meta.
We mean it works in anti-meta combo's. For example, Earth 85RF was anti meta, even though earth was popular.
(Jun. 07, 2011  7:59 AM)Thermal Blaze Wrote: Ok testing for LT, gravity in left spin and earth aquario will be up later today. Oh and thanks Dan, edited OP

Don't say "LT" or "MM" or any of the other made up names for beyblade combo's, just stick with the set-in-stone naming system for metal fight. That's a rule now, so you might get warned. Also, could you test this against an MF-based attack combo?
(Jun. 07, 2011  7:40 PM)xXKaiouyaXx Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2011  7:59 AM)Thermal Blaze Wrote: Ok testing for LT, gravity in left spin and earth aquario will be up later today. Oh and thanks Dan, edited OP

Don't say "LT" or "MM" or any of the other made up names for beyblade combo's, just stick with the set-in-stone naming system for metal fight. That's a rule now, so you might get warned. Also, could you test this against an MF-based attack combo?

ok sorry, thanks for the warning. And if you mean Metal Flat then yeah. what combos are you thinking of?
ok here are the tests ive done today....
The MF Meteo Ldrago D145 XF testing was done with Raijin, Others by myself

Basalt Cancer F:D Vs MF Meteo LDrago D125 XF

Launched At Same Time
MLD slide shot
BC Banked
BC WR: 13/20 (11 KO, 3 OS)
MLD WR: 7/20 (7 KO)

Basalt Cancer F:D Vs Earth Aquario BD145 CS

Earth Aquario Launched First
BC Banked
BC WR: 18/20 (16 OS, 3 KO)
EA WR: 2/20 (2 KO)

Basalt Cancer F:D Vs MF Gravity Perseus D125 RF (Left Spin, Counter Mode)
Basalt Cancer Launched First - Both Banked
BC WR: 15/20 (14 OS, 1 KO)
GP WR: 5/20 (5 KO)
There were alot of draws

MF LLD BD145 LRF testing should be up tomorrow
You're meant to add those to the OP.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think I Bull has slightly better destablizing abilities than Cancer.
I don't think so. Bull was considered the best clear wheel for Stamina and Defense as is one of the heaviest and has the most even weight distribution. However, Cancer's shape gives it better destabilizing ability than Bull, though Bull is rather good. I'm not too sure so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I think we should make the clear wheel an attack wheel so it can have an easy KO.
There's not really an Attack clear wheel. Not for Basalt at least since it's all round and has no space for clear wheels to get in the way. As th!nk would say, if it were a wheel like Screw, then a clear wheel like Pisces or Horogium that doesn't get in the way of the Screw's shape would be ideal. But this doesn't apply to Basalt as it has no protrusions.
If we add a very unbalanced clear wheel than it will be like a sledge hammer.
I have tried this combo but only with a aquario CW, i forgot the face though. FGrin really has some use in anti-metas this just gets pwned by Lightning L-Drago 85RF (MF).
Hehe, try against MF-L Hell Kerbecs BD145 CS Boost (balance tyrant) and with it can you do a sliding shoot.

Also this combo looks close to the one on the back of big bang Pegasis.
Ok Callum I'll try your combo Smile . Results will be posted in the op
Updated OP with LLD BD145 LRF testing. sorry callum wasn't able to test your request today. Will do ASAP
Might I suggest you give Kerbecs a shot. Orient it so that one "chain" starts and another ends over the staircase, as it helps balance basalt noticeably (at least in a combo I use). You won't really be destabilising anything at the ~145 height of F: D, so it shouldn't be a huge loss, and the extra weight might help a little too Smile
ok. so you want me to test Basalt kerbecs F:D . shall i test against the same combos??
I hardly expect you to re-test everything. Were the OS's by MF-H Hell Bull BD145 CS narrow? If so, it might help there. It only really shows when battles come down to equalising/spin steal and close stamina battles.

Also, generally, Kerbecs is also the best CW for hell for everything, Defence and Stamina Smile