[Baltimore, Maryland] Otakon Convention 2011 July 29-31

Poll: Are you attending otakon this year?

Yes
53.85%
No
46.15%
Total: 100% 13 vote(s)
www.otakon.com
Anime & gaming convention.

Seeing all those that willl be attending for some beyblading action. Ill be there. Will you?
Might go but on the site saw no Beyblade attractions
on the list and stuff i see nothing on blading
Otakon is in three weeks! who's going? asking not just for beyblading but for meetup etc. whatever.

anyone that is interested but hasn't registered yet, the pre-registration date is july 16th. I cannot recommend and urge people enough to pre-reg if you can. waiting in line to buy tickets "at the door" is ungodly long, 3-4 hours.

if you pre-reg, you can pick up your ticket on thursday night and you'll be waiting 30 mins max if you're early. show up later and you'll be in and out within minutes. so when friday rolls around, you'll already have your badge and can just roll right on in.
I might go Eee giggety giggety goo! Lets hope I see some cool new animes that'll come out Eee
I was supposed to go. I tried getting in touch with the con for a tournament. They never responded. Jerks.

Although, Otsu, we should go together to talk to the director on Friday and see if they can't do something for us on Sunday. That should be enough time to get us a space. Even if it's late in the day, you know how Beybladers are. They will flock.
Ohhh I'll meet you again! It'll be nice to battle you again. ;]. If I may suggest? Gather some people for Otakon. Im going for sure. I hope they have Afro Samurai and beyblade stuff at Otakon.

EDITE: Mother is ordering tickets! Seeya there! July 31st!
I've helped out at Anime North enough times to understand the ways of Beyblade promotion lol. Still, it would probably be a good idea to promote this for that Sunday with a tentative time, throw it into proposals, and then switch the time when we get the appropriate area. Even if we can't get a space for it, we can always just have a flash flood of bladers in some area of the con like on a patch of grass or something just to say we did something.

And even if that doesn't work out, I would assume we can just use Xanadu as a back-up plan.
trying to organize a beyblading event at the last minute during otakon would be way too hectic. the convention is huge and there is plenty of space where we can just loiter and play on the floor.

fyi, the convention ends early on sunday. like 2 or 3 o clock.
(Jul. 08, 2011  3:55 PM)Otsu Wrote: trying to organize a beyblading event at the last minute during otakon would be way too hectic. the convention is huge and there is plenty of space where we can just loiter and play on the floor.

fyi, the convention ends early on sunday. like 2 or 3 o clock.
I'm game for hectic.
otakon is here! doubt anyone will be playing beyblades though . . . Pinching_eyes_2
When are you guys going? I might be able to go tomorrow or Sunday, but not entirely sure yet.
carp i forgot and my bros animme club is now a liar they said they would ttake us to otakon