Balro Begirados S130RF

I was thinking of a good right spin attack combo and came up with this.

My choice to use Balro and Begirados together is because the contact points are exposed pretty nicely. Begirados is on top because of the larger gaps. I chose S130 because it's a good middle height for attack beys and can make metal contact on a lot of heights, I'll have to do some E230 testing later. I chose RF because well, it's RF! R2F could be substituted but a lot of mine are worn.

Equipment Used
Launcher Grip
Beylauncher L/R
Attack type stadium

Bottoms were swapped every 10 rounds.

Tests
Balro Begirados S130RF vs. Reviser Reviser BD145CS
BB: 12 wins (all KO)
RR: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 SKO)
Win rate: 60%

Benchmark
Flash Orion S130RF vs. Reviser BD145CS
Flash: 9 wins (all KO)
RR: 11 wins (9 OS, 2 SKO)
Win rate: 45%

I'll be adding tests against E230. Help with testing would be appreciated.
I don't have a BB-10, but from my informal testing in Zero-G, Balro and Begirados combined is amazing. It can handle Synchromes because it is one, unlike Flash.
Hah, Tri, I saw this combo's photo in your profile just time ago and was thinking what a beast it would be. I hope to see more results
Any requests besides to battle against E230?
How about posting tests against Spin Steal? Considering how Spin Steal played a dominating role (or is still playing a dominating role) in the meta, it'd be good to see if this beats that or not?
According to the Beyblade rock-paper-scissors concept, Attack should be able to beat spin steal. So the test may not be that important anyway...
Yeah sure thing. I might as well Grin. I'll test against Killerken Dragooon SA165EWD.
These were done in the BB-10 Attack Stadium right? I ask that because you said some of the wins were by Sway KO.

And, what do you mean bottoms were swapped every 10 rounds?

Also, I can understand the combination of Barlo Begirados somewhat in the Zero G stadium because with all the movement going on there is a good chance both wheels can make contact with the opponent. However, it doesn't seems that Balro is doing much of anything in this combo because Begirados is wider than Balro and at a height of 130 Begirados will completely cover it up. Have you tried other heights? Not only to possibly get more use out of Balro, but also to have a better chance against E230(boost) and SP230 opponents.
I think SKO means Self KO Kain.. Just my guess though..
Yes, I meant self KO.

KainHighwind, I didn't try high heights over 130. I think I'll try AD145 against E230 if you think thatd be better.

By bottoms swapped, I mean I used a different one of the same bottom after 10 battles.
(Mar. 26, 2013  8:24 PM)Tri Wrote: Yes, I meant self KO.

KainHighwind, I didn't try high heights over 130. I think I'll try AD145 against E230 if you think thatd be better.

By bottoms swapped, I mean I used a different one of the same bottom after 10 battles.

That is really confusing. It is better to count them as regular KOs and list what KOs were self KOs seperately or in your Detailed Results.

I also would not suggest swapping bottoms unless both combos are using the same bottom, and even then you would swap the bottoms between the two combos. Introducing an entirely different bottom into a set of tests could drastically affect results depending on the differing conditions of the bottoms (especially with rubber). This might explain why I am getting much different results.
I'm gonna try this combo a little bit later. Seems interesting and worth testing. If nobody had yet I can test against Killerken Dragooon SA165 EWD.
Thanks for the advice KainHighwind. This is my first testing thread XD I'll make it more clear later.
Why did you count self KOs in a BB-10? I always considered them miss-launches and should be redone...well...unless you are using a combo like M145GF that regularly self KOs.
I don't see how it would be considered a miss launch. When it made contact it self KOed, not when launching. When I miss launched and it went out I just redid it.
Then it is a KO.
Just to clarify what ShinobuXD said, a self KO is usually defined as a beyblade KOing itself at the start of the match due to a miss-launch or whatever. A defense type KOing an opposing Attacker is just considered a KO.
Okay, thank you Meow! I appreciate the help.
To add on to what everyone else has said, usually if I'm testing attackers and the attacker ends up outside the stadium after contact with the opponent, I list that as a KO in the other Beyblade's favor. If the attacker doesn't even make contact and it's obviously the fault of my launch, I usually re-do that round.

Like Kain said, you don't need to swap bottoms, and doing so is actually not a great idea. It's only done during mirror matches where you're testing, say, how a track does in a custom and where every other part is the same. You swap all the parts halfway through (as in, each track gets the other custom's other parts and vice versa) to make sure that one of the tracks isn't winning because of abnormalities in the mirrored parts. Switching tips when it's not a mirror match is not only unnecessary, but it throws in an non-required extra variable to the test results that really shouldn't be there. I hate to say this, but you should probably re-do those tests just in case.

Any chance we could get a video? I always like to literally see a new attack custom work if it's not too much of a hassle.
I'm sorry everyone. I'll do better next time. I appreciate the advice Ingulit, KainHighwind, and ShinobuXD.

EDIT, and Meow! :3

As for the video, I'll try.
Don't feel bad about it! It was you first testing thread. I'll see if I can help test after I finish prep'ing a new anti-meta combo I created.