Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

... and having an early plastic gen Beyblade going up against a Burst top makes sense? Or the various times in both the anime and the manga where HMS tops are pitted against plastics? They've never cared about that with the Bakuten series. Just because the Bladebreakers are using something that looks like the S series, doesn't mean they're actually using the S series. Every shot of the weight disk and base are clearly Burst parts. Those two systems aren't compatible with one another.

Wolborg Burst is pretty much confirmed when the manga chapter ends in a teaser for a battle between Tala and Tyson. If Tala's OG Wolborg is broken, what is he going to do? Remember that he should be using MS?
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:59 AM)To Wrote: ... and having an early plastic gen Beyblade going up against a Burst top makes sense? Or the various times in both the anime and the manga where HMS tops are pitted against plastics? They've never cared about that with the Bakuten series. Just because the Bladebreakers are using something that looks like the S series, doesn't mean they're actually using the S series. Every shot of the weight disk and base are clearly Burst parts. Those two systems aren't compatible with one another.

Wolborg Burst is pretty much confirmed when the manga chapter ends in a teaser for a battle between Tala and Tyson.  If Tala's OG Wolborg is broken, what is he going to do? Remember that he should be using MS?

Yeah the continuity of BSB: Rising really does suck, which is a big reason I don't like the manga. It's like the creators suddenly wanted to add the logic of HMS being much more powerful than Plastics or Burst and added old Wolborg just so his defeat made sense. Let's face it, if they didn't use that logic, they could've made Burst beyblades beat a HMS without question just for advertising purposes. There's a reason why this should've just been a reboot.
You guys act like there was never ridiculous forced introductions of beyblades in the og series. Lol remember when dragoon f broke in the middle of a battle and pieced itself back together into dragoon v because of a magnacore xD. I think you guys are taking this to seriously. Enjoy it for what it is. It isn't any more ridiculous than it ever was.

(Jun. 26, 2017  1:59 AM)To Wrote: ... and having an early plastic gen Beyblade going up against a Burst top makes sense? Or the various times in both the anime and the manga where HMS tops are pitted against plastics? They've never cared about that with the Bakuten series. Just because the Bladebreakers are using something that looks like the S series, doesn't mean they're actually using the S series. Every shot of the weight disk and base are clearly Burst parts. Those two systems aren't compatible with one another.

Wolborg Burst is pretty much confirmed when the manga chapter ends in a teaser for a battle between Tala and Tyson.  If Tala's OG Wolborg is broken, what is he going to do? Remember that he should be using MS?

I expect we will see a lot of remakes, I don't necessarily think it will be wolborg next (unless the voting goes that way) but i have no doubt we will see "it" and many plastic gen burst. They sell well, people want more of them including me. Personally i would much rather have wolborg 1 over wolborg ms any day, I never cared for hms as much.
(Jun. 26, 2017  2:20 AM)mechahate Wrote: You guys act like there was never ridiculous forced introductions of beyblades in the og series. Lol remember when dragoon f broke in the middle of a battle and pieced itself back together into dragoon v because of a magnacore xD. I think you guys are taking this to seriously. Enjoy it for what it is. It isn't any more ridiculous than it ever was.

Well I didn't like this manga very much... so no.

There's a difference between having ridiculous ways of evolving and for no reason going back to a previous incarnation.
(Jun. 25, 2017  7:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Finally....the waiting was worth it.....thanx...what an amazing surprize...
(Jun. 26, 2017  2:49 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  2:20 AM)mechahate Wrote: You guys act like there was never ridiculous forced introductions of beyblades in the og series. Lol remember when dragoon f broke in the middle of a battle and pieced itself back together into dragoon v because of a magnacore xD. I think you guys are taking this to seriously. Enjoy it for what it is. It isn't any more ridiculous than it ever was.

Well I didn't like this manga very much... so no.

There's a difference between having ridiculous ways of evolving and for no reason going back to a previous incarnation.
I think from a marketing standpoint its a good idea, hms didn't do very well.
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:07 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  2:54 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The thing is that the revival was only meant to last two chapters, and those two were good enough that they showed exactly some answers or continuations that the majority of fans were looking for. But then, they saw that it was of course highly popular, and they decided to renew the contract, and basically the contract probably only gets renewed one chapter at a time, it seems. There is no way a good plot can be written at all in those conditions. And of course TAKARA-TOMY wants to make money, but if what marutti posts and that Dragoon and Draciel (or was it Driger?) are included in the next Random Booster, even if there is no proof, then I agree that they are just milking it too far... Itroducing Burst versions of old Beyblades is good only if you keep introducing more, new ones, with their proper Bases instead of rehashed Drivers that already exist. 

Despite the lack of a storyline due to all of those reasons, I think a lot of people still prefer the Rising manga to the Burst manga though hah.

Yeah, I know it's popular and I know they originally wanted to keep the series to two chapters, and while it is understandable that a good story couldn't be properly planned unless they wrote mini two chapter stories or something at a time or planned ahead or gambled, the fact is, the manga still feels like an extremely weak follow up to G-Revolution, my favourite beyblade series. If it makes money, then that's fine and if the fans like this more than the actual Burst manga, that's fine too, but this is honestly not my cup of tea. I was going to accept one more BSB Burst (Galux) and that would be it but I don't think they planned Galux to be made. Maybe it is the fact they reused drivers and that the only new thing is the Layers, though it is sort of understandable since these were meant to be callbacks and that was all. Maybe when the thing becomes a huge focus will new parts come and could become a little bit better, but that would leave my personal problem with them focusing with these over Burst. While the Burst manga isn't really always interesting, it didn't ruin anything for me, BSB Rising for me feels like a bad follow up. Of course my opinions won't stop them from making more of these, I'm just here to give my honest opinions. I think I prefer even V-Force over the manga.

The original '99 manga? Or Rising?
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:02 AM)mechahate Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  2:49 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well I didn't like this manga very much... so no.

I think from a marketing standpoint its a good idea, hms didn't do very well.

I wouldn't mind if it was just Wolborg again if this manga wasn't a continuation from the original manga series. As I said, this should've been a spin off.
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:24 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:02 AM)mechahate Wrote: I think from a marketing standpoint its a good idea, hms didn't do very well.

I wouldn't mind if it was just Wolborg again if this manga wasn't a continuation from the original manga series. As I said, this should've been a spin off.

It feels about the same to me, whether its a spin off of a continuation i think i would feel the same about it, it's not like there was a whole lot going on in the original manga either. Get a beyblade, break the beyblade, get a new beyblade, insert short lived plot line with minimal closure. Rinse and repeat. Don't get me wrong i grew up with bakuten shoot but honestly the anime was more fleshed out. I enjoy the manga for what it is because i like seeing these characters again. I think that's all anyone can expect out of it. No one even expected to get 4 chapters out of it.
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:32 AM)mechahate Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:24 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I wouldn't mind if it was just Wolborg again if this manga wasn't a continuation from the original manga series. As I said, this should've been a spin off.

It feels about the same to me, whether its a spin off of a continuation i think i would feel the same about it, it's not like there was a whole lot going on in the original manga either. Get a beyblade, break the beyblade, get a new beyblade, insert short lived plot line with minimal closure. Rinse and repeat. Don't get me wrong i grew up with bakuten shoot but honestly the anime was more fleshed out. I enjoy the manga for what it is because i like seeing these characters again. I think that's all anyone can expect out of it. No one even expected to get 4 chapters out of it.

I too enjoyed the anime more than the manga, but regardless of how much I enjoyed the manga, it still doesn't change that they screwed up the continuity, and it's not even some minor thing and it bothers me. Even ignoring the continuity errors, the manga is just plain boring.

@[burapikun] the one I'm criticizing? The Rising one.
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:39 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:32 AM)mechahate Wrote: It feels about the same to me, whether its a spin off of a continuation i think i would feel the same about it, it's not like there was a whole lot going on in the original manga either. Get a beyblade, break the beyblade, get a new beyblade, insert short lived plot line with minimal closure. Rinse and repeat. Don't get me wrong i grew up with bakuten shoot but honestly the anime was more fleshed out. I enjoy the manga for what it is because i like seeing these characters again. I think that's all anyone can expect out of it. No one even expected to get 4 chapters out of it.

I too enjoyed the anime more than the manga, but regardless of how much I enjoyed the manga, it still doesn't change that they screwed up the continuity, and it's not even some minor thing and it bothers me. Even ignoring the continuity errors, the manga is just plain boring.

Also, what do you think of the '99 manga compared to the anime (the JP versions of them both)?
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:52 AM)burapikun Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:39 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I too enjoyed the anime more than the manga, but regardless of how much I enjoyed the manga, it still doesn't change that they screwed up the continuity, and it's not even some minor thing and it bothers me. Even ignoring the continuity errors, the manga is just plain boring.

Also, what do you think of the '99 manga compared to the anime (the JP versions of them both)?

Admittedly I haven't finished the manga series and I haven't read it in a while but I prefer the anime over it, just a bit more fun and fleshed out. The Japanese dialogue for the anime is actually pretty interesting and even I admit it's better than the dub dialogue, and I grew up with the dub!
My point was about Rising being a "forced advertisement." It clearly is. Various story beats exist solely to be an advertisement. The Bladebreakers all got Burst upgrades offscreen so they could spend all of the originally planned 2 chapters promoting the new line. Daichi is missing because Takara Tomy planned on making Bakuten Burst Beys based on just the original four. Tala got an unacknowledged downgrade from Wolborg MS to the first as a way for Takara Tomy to pray on nostalgia for the design they plan on recycling for Wolborg Burst.

I guarantee the competitiveness of HMS vs. Burst was never taken into consideration. The Beyblade fiction has shown no interest in reflecting real life performance. That is solely a"No one remembers HMS, so let's use the look they do" move.

I guess you can take Rising as a story set in a world where none of Bakuten's failures happened. No annoying dweeb Daichi. Engine Gear retconned out of existence for being trash. HMS retconned out of existence for selling like trash. The only problem is, even with that angle, you're still left with an unsatisfying and predictable collection of loosely connected stories. At least this chapter ends with a hint of a bigger story.
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:59 AM)To Wrote: My point was about Rising being a "forced advertisement." It clearly is. Various story beats exist solely to be an advertisement. The Bladebreakers all got Burst upgrades offscreen so they could spend all of the originally planned 2 chapters promoting the new line. Daichi is missing because Takara Tomy planned on making Bakuten Burst Beys based on just the original four. Tala got an unacknowledged downgrade from Wolborg MS to the first as a way for Takara Tomy to pray on nostalgia for the design they plan on recycling for Wolborg Burst.

I guarantee the competitiveness of HMS vs. Burst was never taken into consideration. The Beyblade fiction has shown no interest in reflecting real life performance. That is solely a"No one remembers HMS, so let's use the look they do" move.

I guess you can take Rising as a story set in a world where none of Bakuten's failures happened. No annoying dweeb Daichi. Engine Gear retconned out of existence for being trash. HMS retconned out of existence for selling like trash. The only problem is, even with that angle, you're still left with an unsatisfying and predictable collection of loosely connected stories. At least this chapter ends with a hint of a bigger story.

This is why at this point the burst manga is my favorite of the 3 generations. It makes an effort to try to portray the game realistically
I have a confusion....why are the chapters in manga 4 not related to each other....in g revolution we see the third world championships and then the uprise of BEGA...in second series we saw the similar relationship in all the chapters....but in this series....there is no relation in the four uploaded chapters....does that mean that Takao Aoki has a different surprize waiting for us??? Is any big event yet to come in the upcomming chapters???
Thank you so Much Kai V !!!! It's a Nice surprise !!!!!!! Grin
I'm just happy to be getting some new content after over a decade of nothing. What Beyblades they're using doesn't affect my enjoyment of the series whatsoever. I'm here for the characters, anyways. Speaking of which, this Yuiry-centric chapter was pretty good. I liked that Aoki touched on Yuiry's already established backstory a bit. Really gave the chapter some depth.
(Jun. 25, 2017  8:48 PM)TBB Wrote: YES! YES! YEEEES! THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE! 
And YES of all the things Kai could be yelling about telling them to beat it because they are distracting him from his training is the best! Haha, they just gather around while the guy is hard at work that's so funny. And that look he shoots them when they return "Oh they are here again?!"

Thank you to you.

And just to say, in case anyone did not understand it like that: from what I gathered, yes it is indeed in-character for Kai to say that, but I think that he actually figured out that Yuriy was nearby and just yelled that as an excuse to get his friends (not team anymore, really) away so that they would not be caught up. So he was trying to protect them. It makes a lot of sense because he reacted as soon as he learned that Yuriy had essentially gone through all the other teams they knew the day before, so the only logical followup to that is: Yuriy is coming to get you next, very possibly not wasting any time. Which is why he then says to Yuriy that he knew he was coming.

All in all, not sure he was actually really bothered by them until it became clear that there was a threat coming soon.
Tell me one thing.....what is the actual colour of Tyson's hair??? And what is the actual colour of the eyes of both Tyson and kai???
(Jun. 26, 2017  4:48 PM)Eleanor Wrote: Tell me one thing.....what is the actual colour of Tyson's hair??? And what is the actual colour of the eyes of both Tyson and kai???

Takao's hair is somewhat dark blue-blackish. Both Tak and Kai have somewhat reddish eyes.
(Jun. 26, 2017  4:48 PM)Eleanor Wrote: Tell me one thing.....what is the actual colour of Tyson's hair??? And what is the actual colour of the eyes of both Tyson and kai???

Kai's eyes are renowned for changing colour depending on the season hah. You should really not pay too much attention to that, seeing as it just keeps varying.
(Jun. 26, 2017  4:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Kai's eyes are renowned for changing colour depending on the season hah. You should really not pay too much attention to that, seeing as it just keeps varying.

Ha ha ha....yeah it varies like a chamelion with time....but tell me one thing why doesnt the animation company keep the same eye colour of tyson and kai given by Takao Aoki but rather change it???
Just asking...plse do tell me
(Jun. 26, 2017  2:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Thank you to you.

And just to say, in case anyone did not understand it like that: from what I gathered, yes it is indeed in-character for Kai to say that, but I think that he actually figured out that Yuriy was nearby and just yelled that as an excuse to get his friends (not team anymore, really) away so that they would not be caught up. So he was trying to protect them. It makes a lot of sense because he reacted as soon as he learned that Yuriy had essentially gone through all the other teams they knew the day before, so the only logical followup to that is: Yuriy is coming to get you next, very possibly not wasting any time. Which is why he then says to Yuriy that he knew he was coming.

All in all, not sure he was actually really bothered by them until it became clear that there was a threat coming soon.

That sounds about right. I underestimated his intuition regarding his former teammate.
(Jun. 26, 2017  8:00 PM)TBB Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  2:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Thank you to you.

That sounds about right. I underestimated his intuition regarding his former teammate.

I was telling someone recently about Kai's honour, like when he wore himself out against Sergei and Boris just before his battle against Takao in G Revolution, since Takao was already tired from a recent battle, and when you think about it, there are certainly a few values to take from Kai hahah.
I gotta say about the latest chapter... I know rising is mostly repeated challenges and fanservice thus far... but I really liked this chapter... No I love this chapter... I was waiting to see old Tala back and he did not dissappoint! But even this rising stuff gotta end sometime, it cannot go on forever repeating the old battles again and again, it'll only get less interesting from here unless he has something in mind. If Tyson vs Tala is the final chapter then that'd be a good note to end on.