Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

Neato

Does it say anything new or is it just "Wowzers, we're doing more BSB rising, yuriy may or may not appear, buy the comic"?
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:32 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Neato

Does it say anything new or is it just "Wowzers, we're doing more BSB rising, yuriy may or may not appear, buy the comic"?
It does confirm that Yuriy will be there, as well as Kai and Rei (and Takao with his Dragoon S, of course). And just that Bakuten Shoot Beyblade is really popular, probably to explain why they are renewing Rising for yet another chapter. Nothing much besides that, from what I understand.
Yuriy/Tala is gonna be back? Brilliant! Maybe this will actually add a bit of razzle dazzle to the (so far) mediocre Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising manga.

Also prepared to hide from the crazy Bearing Core 2 fanboys lol XD
Thanks @[BeyGa]! So the drawings are really cool, all of them look great all except for Enrique, there's something about him that puts me off.

It's also cool that Yuriy is returning and I'm guessing he'll have Wolborg Ring Gyro or something. To be honest, I'm really not a big fan of BSB: Rising, I don't like the manga at all. If they are making a Wolborg for Burst, then it's likely they'll keep doing this and I understand that it's popular, but for goodness sakes it feels like the whole BSB Rising thing lasting longer than it should is starting to taint Burst. I want the real Burst series to be focused on, this just feels like pandering, from what was meant to be special releases and a quick wink to the old series now feels like it's honest to God tainting the Burst franchise. Maybe they won't make Wolborg or any others but if they do, I would rather they just focused on the real Burst series TBH. These BSB Burst beyblades look cool but to me... God Series > BSB Burst beyblades. I'd rather new and interesting parts rather than beyblades that only have a selling point of looking like Beyblades 17 years prior. I guess it doesn't help that I don't like the BSB Rising manga at all.
(Jun. 09, 2017  2:34 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Thanks @[BeyGa]! So the drawings are really cool, all of them look great all except for Enrique, there's something about him that puts me off.

It's also cool that Yuriy is returning and I'm guessing he'll have Wolborg Ring Gyro or something. To be honest, I'm really not a big fan of BSB: Rising, I don't like the manga at all. If they are making a Wolborg for Burst, then it's likely they'll keep doing this and I understand that it's popular, but for goodness sakes it feels like the whole BSB Rising thing lasting longer than it should is starting to taint Burst. I want the real Burst series to be focused on, this just feels like pandering, from what was meant to be special releases and a quick wink to the old series now feels like it's honest to God tainting the Burst franchise. Maybe they won't make Wolborg or any others but if they do, I would rather they just focused on the real Burst series TBH. These BSB Burst beyblades look cool but to me... God Series > BSB Burst beyblades. I'd rather new and interesting parts rather than beyblades that only have a selling point of looking like Beyblades 17 years prior. I guess it doesn't help that I don't like the BSB Rising manga at all.

The thing is that the revival was only meant to last two chapters, and those two were good enough that they showed exactly some answers or continuations that the majority of fans were looking for. But then, they saw that it was of course highly popular, and they decided to renew the contract, and basically the contract probably only gets renewed one chapter at a time, it seems. There is no way a good plot can be written at all in those conditions. And of course TAKARA-TOMY wants to make money, but if what marutti posts and that Dragoon and Draciel (or was it Driger?) are included in the next Random Booster, even if there is no proof, then I agree that they are just milking it too far... Itroducing Burst versions of old Beyblades is good only if you keep introducing more, new ones, with their proper Bases instead of rehashed Drivers that already exist. 

Despite the lack of a storyline due to all of those reasons, I think a lot of people still prefer the Rising manga to the Burst manga though hah.
(Jun. 09, 2017  2:54 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The thing is that the revival was only meant to last two chapters, and those two were good enough that they showed exactly some answers or continuations that the majority of fans were looking for. But then, they saw that it was of course highly popular, and they decided to renew the contract, and basically the contract probably only gets renewed one chapter at a time, it seems. There is no way a good plot can be written at all in those conditions. And of course TAKARA-TOMY wants to make money, but if what marutti posts and that Dragoon and Draciel (or was it Driger?) are included in the next Random Booster, even if there is no proof, then I agree that they are just milking it too far... Itroducing Burst versions of old Beyblades is good only if you keep introducing more, new ones, with their proper Bases instead of rehashed Drivers that already exist. 

Despite the lack of a storyline due to all of those reasons, I think a lot of people still prefer the Rising manga to the Burst manga though hah.

Yeah, I know it's popular and I know they originally wanted to keep the series to two chapters, and while it is understandable that a good story couldn't be properly planned unless they wrote mini two chapter stories or something at a time or planned ahead or gambled, the fact is, the manga still feels like an extremely weak follow up to G-Revolution, my favourite beyblade series. If it makes money, then that's fine and if the fans like this more than the actual Burst manga, that's fine too, but this is honestly not my cup of tea. I was going to accept one more BSB Burst (Galux) and that would be it but I don't think they planned Galux to be made. Maybe it is the fact they reused drivers and that the only new thing is the Layers, though it is sort of understandable since these were meant to be callbacks and that was all. Maybe when the thing becomes a huge focus will new parts come and could become a little bit better, but that would leave my personal problem with them focusing with these over Burst. While the Burst manga isn't really always interesting, it didn't ruin anything for me, BSB Rising for me feels like a bad follow up. Of course my opinions won't stop them from making more of these, I'm just here to give my honest opinions. I think I prefer even V-Force over the manga.
Honestly, I would have to refresh my memory, but from what I remember the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G Revolution part of the manga was way not as awesome as the anime was, so you might be holding hopes for the wrong guy(s) hah. At that point, the manga and anime had split to completely different storylines almost. BEGA team was literally not involved, for instance. So, the original manga was great, but do not expect anything similar to what the anime was if you did not read the manga back then hahah.
All this talk about the original, 1999 manga makes me want to see it translated someday. We could compare and see if the anime truly *does* beat the manga (no, not the Viz manga. The *Japanese*, unedited manga. Because I feel that the most reliable sources are not edited, if you know what I mean.)
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Honestly, I would have to refresh my memory, but from what I remember the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G Revolution part of the manga was way not as awesome as the anime was, so you might be holding hopes for the wrong guy(s) hah. At that point, the manga and anime had split to completely different storylines almost. BEGA team was literally not involved, for instance. So, the original manga was great, but do not expect anything similar to what the anime was if you did not read the manga back then hahah.

Yes, you are partially right, the manga and anime had split to completely different storylines almost (for example...in the manga Takao and Kai owns in chapter 14, for their last battle, Dragoon MF and Dranzer MF, and then in the Next Generation chapter they re-use Dragoon MSUV and Dranzer MS, so they probably got destroyed. because don't seem that Makoto and Goh inherited them. Anyway in the anime they not use Dragoon MF and Dranzer MF at all from what we know. Proof: CLICK1 and CLICK2) and BEGA was never involved.
However, BEGA team was anyway in the manga :P They appear as a bonus sketch at the end of the volume 12.
Proof:

[Image: OdpNhZJ.jpg]
I know that... But they just show up like that, they do nothing and we know nothing about them in the manga at all.
(Jun. 09, 2017  4:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I know that... But they just show up like that, they do nothing and we know nothing about them in the manga at all.

Yes, sure, this is just a cameo :) unfortunately haha it would have been definitely cool to see them also in the manga.
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Honestly, I would have to refresh my memory, but from what I remember the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G Revolution part of the manga was way not as awesome as the anime was, so you might be holding hopes for the wrong guy(s) hah. At that point, the manga and anime had split to completely different storylines almost. BEGA team was literally not involved, for instance. So, the original manga was great, but do not expect anything similar to what the anime was if you did not read the manga back then hahah.

I guess that's a good point since I've only seen a few chapters of the manga. However, as a stand alone manga, BSB: Rising is still pretty bad in my eyes, and while there is reasons for it, I am not giving it pity points for what it could've been. If this had been a reboot, like I imagined, it would've been a little better but still be a boring manga.

EDIT: The BEGA designs for the manga are awful lol, or at least inferior IMO. Only Mystel looks okay, Brooklyn looks like a lamer Ozuma.

EDIT 2: Seeing as I love HMS, seeing the HMS beyblades in the anime more would've been so awesome. More HMS in the anime would've been cool too.
I just read the three chapters, and I thought that they were awesome!
(Jun. 09, 2017  8:16 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

I guess that's a good point since I've only seen a few chapters of the manga. However, as a stand alone manga, BSB: Rising is still pretty bad in my eyes, and while there is reasons for it, I am not giving it pity points for what it could've been. If this had been a reboot, like I imagined, it would've been a little better but still be a boring manga.

EDIT: The BEGA designs for the manga are awful lol, or at least inferior IMO. Only Mystel looks okay, Brooklyn looks like a lamer Ozuma.

EDIT 2: Seeing as I love HMS, seeing the HMS beyblades in the anime more would've been so awesome. More HMS in the anime would've been cool too.

I undertand your point of view, I am one of those that dislike Rising. I can't see Rising as a part of the same continuum temporal space, it just doesn't work at all in that way. However I can accept it as celebrative/commercial result (forcing me lol), so I don't give too much weight to the Rising storyline and beyblades, I just see it as an applaud to Bakuten Shoot.
Hey do you think maybe Beyblade rising will meet Beyblade burst god in a crossover somedays in the future what you will see in it?
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:22 PM)s213876 Wrote: Hey do you think maybe Beyblade rising will meet Beyblade burst god in a crossover somedays in the future what you will see in it?

I think that if it comes to that point, then it means that Burst is a failure on its own and they are desperate to combine both generations of fans together.
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:22 PM)s213876 Wrote: Hey do you think maybe Beyblade rising will meet Beyblade burst god in a crossover somedays in the future what you will see in it?

I think that if it comes to that point, then it means that Burst is a failure on its own and they are desperate to combine both generations of fans together.

If they didn't come out with this whole Rising thing, Burst probably wouldn't be a failure to begin with... but they have different plans. For now.
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:56 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think that if it comes to that point, then it means that Burst is a failure on its own and they are desperate to combine both generations of fans together.

If they didn't come out with this whole Rising thing, Burst probably wouldn't be a failure to begin with... but they have different plans. For now.
Hahah you think Rising, developping almost entirely separately from the kids' Burst series, is the reason for Burst being a failure? You have not been following Burst that closely then.
From my personal point of view  a merge of the two projects into a crossover is rather unlikely. (At least, I hope so! otherwise they will have a big problem with the fanbase...)

/controversial discourse start/
Well, I don't want to be off-topic but, for some reasons, Burst can be already considered something close to a failure (take this statement with caution, I am not actually saying that it is already a failure), even if they could sell quite regularly in Japan.
For example:
-Out of Japan they don't have the same "commercial strenght" of their predecessor. This is quite easy to explain. Bakuten Shoot progressively led to the construction of a solid fanbase globally and the Metal Fight had a big bump partly because of the big Bakuten Shoot fanbase return, Burst instead hasn't had such a boost or at least not so big.
-They are something that for many purists is difficult to call beyblades, so they are not interested in them.
-The anime/manga changed its connotations too much, not everyone like this.

Anyway every brand has changes during its lifetime, we have to face it.
Evaluating the numbers we can't actually mark it as a failure, but for other aspects it could be considered a failure in a future global optics (compared to Bakuten Shoot and Metal Fight). This kind of analysis are always better if considered in a long term period instead of a restricted time window, and morover on a larger scale than just Japan, the same goes with Rising, obviously.
Rising isn't a failure, it is just...Rising lol whatever it is.
I know that reading "Bakuten Shoot" before "Beyblade Rising" is  like putting a knife straight in the heart but...people needs to perceive this kind of things less seriously, it needs to be considered just as something celebrative, not a new start point for Bakuten Shoot.
/controversial discourse end/

So, anyway, returning in-topic, a crossover could still be an unlucky possibility if they see that is necessary. IMHO I think that a crossover to gain more popularity and increase the user base could work in Japan but outside...I don't know, I think that would be less effective, they have a different culture and a different mental conformation/approach to anime and manga. They can't repeat the Metal Fight global boost again, are totally different cases.
These are just my opinions, don't kill me guys.
(Jun. 10, 2017  2:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:56 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: If they didn't come out with this whole Rising thing, Burst probably wouldn't be a failure to begin with... but they have different plans. For now.

Hahah you think Rising, developping almost entirely separately from the kids' Burst series, is the reason for Burst being a failure? You have not been following Burst that closely then.

No, I think that if they didn't offer an "alternative", Burst may have had more opportunities to develop in an interesting way. It's a low blow towards Morita sensei.
It's nice to see you're laughing, guess it means you're in a good mood?

Japan definitely has a different POV concerning Burst.
Don't you worry on how close I've been following Burst, there is a reason why people enjoy it, one of them being they just don't compare seasons. 'Sides, kids just love it, and ladies are head over heels for a lot of characters! They're teens, of course... maybe because people our age are starting their own families? Who knows.
(Jun. 10, 2017  11:07 AM)C a o S³ Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  8:16 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I guess that's a good point since I've only seen a few chapters of the manga. However, as a stand alone manga, BSB: Rising is still pretty bad in my eyes, and while there is reasons for it, I am not giving it pity points for what it could've been. If this had been a reboot, like I imagined, it would've been a little better but still be a boring manga.

I undertand your point of view, I am one of those that dislike Rising. I can't see Rising as a part of the same continuum temporal space, it just doesn't work at all in that way. However I can accept it as celebrative/commercial result (forcing me lol), so I don't give too much weight to the Rising storyline and beyblades, I just see it as an applaud to Bakuten Shoot.

Yeah I always try to treat this as a spin off or not canon to the other three series, even if it's labelled as such. Even then, it is a bad manga getting past the fact it's meant to be the fourth installment to BSB. Yeah, the only credit it has is remembering BSB but as something that's meant to celebrate that, it's just something that was made for show rather than both that and to make a good commemoration for the previous three BSB manga series, that's what I think anyway. As a stand alone series, I much prefer the Burst manga over this so far TBH.
I perfectly know what you are talking about, I understand your feelings.
Among other things I found absurd the story behind Darkness Driger, I don't understand their stylistic choices. We really required a Darkness Driger? That in fact it is no more than a recolor of a celebrative Driger S...and it definitely don't deserve a full chapter of the manga.
In fact Rising has many defects, but it still has few merits, for example the celebrative version of the S series, someone could appreciate them even if I don't appreciated them so much.
(Jun. 10, 2017  4:05 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: I perfectly know what you are talking about, I understand your feelings.
Among other things I found absurd the story behind Darkness Driger, I don't understand their stylistic choices. We really required a Darkness Driger? That in fact it is no more than a recolor of a celebrative Driger S...and it definitely don't deserve a full chapter of the manga.
In fact Rising has many defects, but it still has few merits, for example the celebrative version of the S series, someone could appreciate them even if I don't appreciated them so much.

This is just a story, why u all r going so serious with the colour of dark Driger. Enjoy, Takao Aoki's creation.
In new series all beybladers got some changes in their blade, so why not it could be dark driger, 
After all these stories r not based on real life.
(Jun. 10, 2017  4:47 PM)Lola Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  4:05 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: I perfectly know what you are talking about, I understand your feelings.

This is just a story, why u all r going so serious with the colour of dark Driger. Enjoy, Takao Aoki's creation.
In new series all beybladers got some changes in their blade, so why not it could be dark driger, 
After all these stories r not based on real life.

I am the first one to say to take things about the manga/anime less seriously. I am just criticizing a choice, you clearly didn't understand the point in my post. Enjoy something also mean criticize it, positive or negative critics really doesn't matter, everyone can and must express their opinion, it's the meaning of a forum.
I said that I dislike Rising but I explained why and I also said what I think is good about Rising.

Lola Wrote:In new series all beybladers got some changes in their blade, so why not it could be dark driger
Actually...not at all, they are just a copy and paste version of the S series ported into the Burst series. Are celebrative beys, not properly new beys, it is kinda different.