Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

We are essentially in the final stages of the scanlation! Depending on the final edits needed, I am optimistic that we could launch the final product this weekend.
Download and read Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Rising manga Chapter 2 online!

Finally done! As far as we know, this is it for Beyblade: Rising so I hope you enjoy the read. Kai-V and I personally worked hard to make a professional looking high-quality reading experience for everyone. Plus as someone who's been a Beyblade fan quite literally since the beginning, I'm honored to be able to put so much work into getting these chapters to you guys in a timely fashion! Enjoy!

And as a fun bonus, here's some translation notes I never bothered to put in the chapters themselves but figured it'd give some insight into some things I didn't have space for.

http://imgur.com/a/oJRhm

For those of you who don't know how Japanese works, kanji (characters borrowed from Chinese) can have both a meaning and multiple ways to pronounce them. It's common practice in manga to completely mash together kanji with phonetic readings that are more in-line with English. It's a fun thing writers use to sometimes get extra meanings they may not want to entirely convey in English.
For sure I had found "Limited Release" to be a funny saying hah. Good thing you went for another translation, because even if Aoki Takao made an effort, it makes no sense in English hah.

I hope everyone enjoys this second (final) chapter of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising as much as we did. Clearly, our two-day record could never have been achieved if we were not such huge fans of this story and that this story and its characters were not so interesting.

Personally, I think Aoki Takao really made it his mission to address some of the fans' biggest questions and crazy reflections on the original Beyblade series: Are Rei and Mao together? Since when? What's with Max and his father? Is Kai's grandfather not involved anymore in his life? Etc.
Really awesome stuff, people! Thanks a bunch!

This would be a sad way to end the story, though...
Well, "Rivals Forever!" just sounds cheesy no matter what, so that is the weirdest ending line ever, but I think it ends how we would reasonably expect it to, right?
(Nov. 19, 2016  5:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, "Rivals Forever!" just sounds cheesy no matter what, so that is the weirdest ending line ever, but I think it ends how we would reasonably expect it to, right?

Hm... I was kinda expecting more, though. I wanted to see what happened to Daichi, Hilary, Hiro and the others.
With a limited time of only 2 chapters I imagine it must've been difficult to choose what actually gets focused on. I think it's kind of a waste that Max didn't battle at all, and Rei so unceremoniously left off-screen. So it seems like Aoki-sensei chose to really focus on this aspect of Takao and Kai's rivalry rather than anything else.

This kind of stuff is somewhat par for the course though. The manga moves at a much brisker pace compared to the anime, and tends to leave a lot to be desired when it comes to character development of side characters. And as a note, Hillary actually doesn't appear in the manga, period. Nowhere to be found!
(Nov. 19, 2016  5:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, "Rivals Forever!" just sounds cheesy no matter what, so that is the weirdest ending line ever, but I think it ends how we would reasonably expect it to, right?
Great chapter & loved the ending, 1st is just so epic, nostalgia Rocks!
Thank you all very much Siliva and Kai-V for translating this chapter, I enjoyed this very much I think Kai-V is right these chapters seemed to be more about tying up loose ends.

Im no manga expert but this is a VERY GOOD job man. Such a delight to read this.
(Nov. 19, 2016  9:30 AM)Killer-Kirsty Wrote: Thank you all very much Siliva and Kai-V for translating this chapter, I enjoyed this very much I think Kai-V is right these chapters seemed to be more about tying up loose ends.

Souichirou (Voltaire) was actually never that involved with Borg in the manga, so no reason to go to jail much there hah. From what I remember, we were just made aware of Hiwatari Enterprises a few times in the original manga and we knew that he kept Kai when the latter's father chose Beyblade instead of the company, which was a key flashback.

But yes, exactly, we just get confirmation that Kai's mother is just a damn accessory and there was really a reason for her not ever having a name hah. Useless woman.
So just to clarify... This is the last chapter then? I do Think it was nice seeing them again but I wish we could have had at least a volume Worth of chapters meaning 4-5 to get more of a story out or at least a more elaborate battle. But hey we got something at least. Certain things could have been skipped for example giving Max a battle like maybe giving the match Before Tyson showed up in chapter 1 to Max meaning Max vs Ray. Then the sister to max was a bit of a filler thing to throw in at the last moment. But hey I'm not gonna complain.

Just curious though is it 100% confirmed there are no more chapters?
Well, the end of the first chapter gave us a date to expect the next one. The end of the second just says "the end" so I think that's the best evidence that this is all wrapped up.

As another fun aside, I took a look at Kai's business card.

While a lot of the text is blocked off, I can read 東京(blocked off)代田区 ...
Tokyo is pretty easy to see but his hand blocks off a part of it. Educated guess is that it's in the Chiyoda ward of Tokyo, since it's the only one of them that has 代田 in it.

Putting it squarely here in the Tokyo metropolitan area.

In hindsight, I probably should have translated that. Oh well lol
(Nov. 19, 2016  7:36 PM)Siliva Wrote: Well, the end of the first chapter gave us a date to expect the next one. The end of the second just says "the end" so I think that's the best evidence that this is all wrapped up.

As another fun aside, I took a look at Kai's business card.

While a lot of the text is blocked off, I can read 東京(blocked off)代田区 ...
Tokyo is pretty easy to see but his hand blocks off a part of it. Educated guess is that it's in the Chiyoda ward of Tokyo, since it's the only one of them that has 代田 in it.

Putting it squarely here in the Tokyo metropolitan area.

In hindsight, I probably should have translated that. Oh well lol

Yes, By the way i've been meaning to ask you something. Kai's father Susumu Hiwatari was mentioned in episode 5 of v force. I am curious what exactly were said about him? Is there any info in the anime about Kai's fathers position/whereabouts in the show? I Think it'd be interesting to find out.
Thanks for the translation.

Thanks a lot for the translation! Grin
I just read and translated it to Portuguese, that was a pretty fun chapter. Smile
(Nov. 20, 2016  2:53 AM)BeyGa Wrote: Thanks a lot for the translation! Grin
I just read and translated it to Portuguese, that was a pretty fun chapter. Smile

Oh, @[BeyGa], do you want us to create an actual Portuguese .pdf? The Italian community worked on the Italian translation of the first chapter and will probably want to do it for the second as well, plus there may be interest for a French version. For sure we want to accomodate all communities.
(Nov. 20, 2016  3:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2016  2:53 AM)BeyGa Wrote: Thanks a lot for the translation! Grin

Oh, @[BeyGa], do you want us to create an actual Portuguese .pdf? The Italian community worked on the Italian translation of the first chapter and will probably want to do it for the second as well, plus there may be interest for a French version. For sure we want to accomodate all communities.

I already created it. Here's the link if it could help anyone. Smile
Thanks a lot! Grin
Ah, good that it got done in a way, but we could have made a much cleaner edit hah... Had you asked Siliva for permission? I do not know what his policy is, but even if it is completely appreciated that you did mention that you had done another version and that you did keep the credit page as part of the same .pdf, I sort of would have liked to be asked whether it was OK to do that first, hah.

By the way, @[Breedo], here is the exact script from episode 5 of 2002:
Quote:Driver: I wish you would treat your father with a little more kindness, Kai-sama.
Kai: ...
Driver: It was the first time in a long while that you left the school dormitory, not saying a word at home was just too cruel...
Driver: *sigh*

Wow, in comparison the dub has the driver/butler talking about packing Kai's stuff in his luggage and asking him if it was normal that he had not seen Dranzer in it... What a lack of depth.
Oh, I don't care at all whether or not people use my translation. Whatever gets it out to more members of the community!
(Nov. 19, 2016  5:10 AM)Siliva Wrote: Download and read Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Rising manga Chapter 2 online!

Finally done! As far as we know, this is it for Beyblade: Rising so I hope you enjoy the read. Kai-V and I personally worked hard to make a professional looking high-quality reading experience for everyone. Plus as someone who's been a Beyblade fan quite literally since the beginning, I'm honored to be able to put so much work into getting these chapters to you guys in a timely fashion! Enjoy!

And as a fun bonus, here's some translation notes I never bothered to put in the chapters themselves but figured it'd give some insight into some things I didn't have space for.

http://imgur.com/a/oJRhm

For those of you who don't know how Japanese works, kanji (characters borrowed from Chinese) can have both a meaning and multiple ways to pronounce them. It's common practice in manga to completely mash together kanji with phonetic readings that are more in-line with English. It's a fun thing writers use to sometimes get extra meanings they may not want to entirely convey in English.

That's a pretty good ending actually. Alright so are they perhaps on summer break? If not then is it school and then work for Kai? Damn.
I was wondering, do you guys have the raws of the business card? I'd be interested to see Hiwatari's handwriting.
(Nov. 20, 2016  5:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, @[Breedo], here is the exact script from episode 5 of 2002:
Quote:Driver: I wish you would treat your father with a little more kindness, Kai-sama.
Driver: It was the first time in a long while that you left the school dormitory, not saying a word at home was just too cruel...

That's really interesting so Kai had a bad relationship with his father in the anime as well. I am kinda curious if the v force team originally had some sort of intention of including him or a reason for why Kai felt that way. I overall wish we knew more about Kai's family history in the anime cause it just seem so cruel for someone to leave their Child in the enviorment he was in. I Always assumed Kai's parents were dead in the anime due to the situation but knowing he still had a father when all of this Went down with Voltaire raises a lot of questions. I wonder if he's mentioned at any other part that we have overlooked. Thanks a lot for sharing the script.
(Nov. 20, 2016  2:12 PM)Breedo Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2016  5:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, @[Breedo], here is the exact script from episode 5 of 2002:

That's really interesting so Kai had a bad relationship with his father in the anime as well. I am kinda curious if the v force team originally had some sort of intention of including him or a reason for why Kai felt that way. I overall wish we knew more about Kai's family history in the anime cause it just seem so cruel for someone to leave their Child in the enviorment he was in. I Always assumed Kai's parents were dead in the anime due to the situation but knowing he still had a father when all of this Went down with Voltaire raises a lot of questions. I wonder if he's mentioned at any other part that we have overlooked. Thanks a lot for sharing the script.

It is definitely one of the most interesting facts in Beyblade in a while, especially if you ignore Rising hah. Thank you for pointing out that there was something said about Kai's father in that episode, it would have taken me a while to go check that specific scene. Actually the script comes from someone who already translated both first and second seasons of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and the first twenty of G Revolution, but I know that Siliva is working on a more accurate and professional translation simultaneously, so I am not certain if I should just post the link hah. I sure hope that the script I got is not too horribly inaccurate, but that would surprise me.

It is sort of becoming off-topic by now, but do you have other scenes like that in mind hah?
(Nov. 20, 2016  12:29 PM)TBB Wrote: I was wondering, do you guys have the raws of the business card? I'd be interested to see Hiwatari's handwriting.

Gotcha covered.
(Nov. 20, 2016  4:56 PM)Siliva Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2016  12:29 PM)TBB Wrote: I was wondering, do you guys have the raws of the business card? I'd be interested to see Hiwatari's handwriting.

Gotcha covered.

Woohoo! Thanks, man.

(Nov. 20, 2016  4:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is definitely one of the most interesting facts in Beyblade in a while, especially if you ignore Rising hah. Thank you for pointing out that there was something said about Kai's father in that episode, it would have taken me a while to go check that specific scene. Actually the script comes from someone who already translated both first and second seasons of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and the first twenty of G Revolution, but I know that Siliva is working on a more accurate and professional translation simultaneously, so I am not certain if I should just post the link hah. I sure hope that the script I got is not too horribly inaccurate, but that would surprise me.

It is sort of becoming off-topic by now, but do you have other scenes like that in mind hah?

I recall some, but not the specific scenes. But then again. That scene in the car was not translated accurately in my country. It went something like

TBB isnt a good translator Wrote:Butler: "You shouldn't burden your father, Kai-sama. Don't forget it was the first time in a long time you returned home. Don't say mean things to him to appease your anger. Even you know he doesn't deserve that much."
Kai: "Sigh".

So, it doesn't match with the Japanese translation and one can sense where it went wrong. I believe, I wrote some scenes down somewhere a long time ago, however I'll cross-check if they match with straight-from-Japanese translations first.