Bakugan, Who Wants it to Return?

I wanted to create this thread for those who want to talk about a reboot for bakugan. sure they talked about it on the bakuten thread (including myself) but i felt it best to make a thread where that talk is best fitted to this type of subject.
Bakugan will be rebooted soon.
Didn't like the original series after the second season but no, a come back will not be welcomed but on the topic of bakugan...these were my favorite ones.

[Image: helios-vs-iron-man-extremis-armor.jpg]
They're okay, though I never found the game as good as many fans, I liked their looks though Smile
I have been a fann from the begining. as long as the dont ad a lot of weird extra stuff like battle gear and mechtogan, then a reboot is soooo necessary. im in
I was really into Bakugan. Even started a forum for it that got somewhat popular, but I would be happy for a reboot.
I never really got the appeal to be honest, but I'd be willing to give the next release a try!
meta madness, how wont the reboot be welcomed? i can get it from past fans might not welcome it from their experience in their opinion wasnt good after season two. but as for newcomers thats a different story
They technically had one, it was Bakutech. Not saying it was a good series, but the Bakugan was awesome.
Actually bakutech was the alternative for mechenium surge since mechenium surge wasn't as popular in japan as the rest of the world so bakutech was used instead
lol i love how i confirmed the reboot of the property and nobody even bothered to acknowledge it
Lol sorry bey brad I. Sorta knew about your comment but then didn't for a while. Because I got focused on the other comments while trying to reply but I manaaged to reply to others instead
Well maybe No body cares, that series will get a reboot. Still won't be on the same scale as the original if not will be either better or inferior. Only time will tell...or when we get to know the writers.
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:49 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Well maybe No body cares, that series will get a reboot. Still won't be on the same scale as the original if not will be either better or inferior. Only time will tell...or when we get to know the writers.

Uh, wouldn't you be more concerned with the game designers?
Meta madness, itsalways worth a try
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol i love how i confirmed the reboot of the property and nobody even bothered to acknowledge it

Well thank you!

Starting to take interest to a reboot... Do you have any details on it?

Either way; can't wait to see the reboot Smile

Also, reminds me; when Bakugan first came out, they gave out free ones at Celebration Square! I still have mine :')
I don't know anything, my friend asked me if I wanted to try it out when it was ready and I said sure. :')
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:49 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Well maybe No body cares, that series will get a reboot. Still won't be on the same scale as the original if not will be either better or inferior. Only time will tell...or when we get to know the writers.

Honestly speaking, no not really.

After the first season they seemed to drop the game style and while the play increased with battle gear and traps and dumb cards and dumb rules (+500 points takes all). I still feel that as much as they developed the cards and the gear...they never really improved on the battlefield since as the series progressed the way the game was played could've been adapted greatly in terms of setting cards and traps and etc...though it really didn't.
It must be pretty awesome to have a friend at spinmaster
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:58 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Honestly speaking, no not really.

After the first season they seemed to drop the game style and while the play increased with battle gear and traps and dumb cards and dumb rules (+500 points takes all). I still feel that as much as they developed the cards and the gear...they never really improved on the battlefield since as the series progressed the way the game was played could've been adapted greatly in terms of setting cards and traps and etc...though it really didn't.

... OK? Wouldn't a better game designer alleviate all these issues?
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol i love how i confirmed the reboot of the property and nobody even bothered to acknowledge it

I know that you have way more credibility than probably anyone else here when you say that but I'm still kinda skeptical of the reboot until there is some official source. From the few quick google searches I've done since seeing the topic this is the only mention I've seen of it. I don't mean this in an offensive way at all (and I've read enough of your older posts to know that doesn't stop it from coming off as offensive) but I would still want official confirmation. I understand if it's still too early in the stages/insider information that isn't allowed to leak yet though.

While I'm not really a Bakugan fan anymore, I can remember what originally drew me in was the concept behind the toys: I thought the whole popping-open thing was neat, especially with how the figures were all built into spheres (at least originally) and rolling them was part of the game. If this reboot happens I'll probably buy a few just to see how they are compared to the old ones but I don't think I'll get back into it. Part of what kept me interested in Beyblade but not Bakugan was that Beyblade had an active community (the WBO) while Bakugan never really seemed to have that.

(Aug. 17, 2015  1:58 AM)Meta madness Wrote: After the first season they seemed to drop the game style and while the play increased with battle gear and traps and dumb cards and dumb rules (+500 points takes all). I still feel that as much as they developed the cards and the gear...they never really improved on the battlefield since as the series progressed the way the game was played could've been adapted greatly in terms of setting cards and traps and etc...though it really didn't.

The series "jumped the shark" when it introduced the Mechtogan, as they weren't really Bakugan at all... The toyline also suffered a pretty bad weight creep starting near the end of New Vestroia similar to that of MFB's, but some gimmicky things (lowest G-Power wins cards, etc.) kept older things from becoming completely useless. The Bakugan Traps added another layer to gameplay without feeling too out of place or being too overpowered, Battle Gear slightly less so (not counting the Japanese ones that give you +200 from the figure and another +200 from the card) since they were only compatible with certain figures (usually the ones that already had a higher power level). Then again I'd assume there's a weight creep present in most toys/games of this nature; the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is the Pokemon video games.

Anime wise, New Vestroia was the best season hands down. Gundalian Invaders felt rushed near the end, and they also got rid of the G-Power halfway through it. Conversely the first season had too slow of a pace, and had stuff that wasn't really explained/necessary (HSP) so New Vestroia seemed to be the balance between the two. Not to mention the New Vestroia characters were by far the most memorable, and the story was the best of the four seasons. They were able to bring back enough of the older characters so it didn't feel "isolated" (one of people's more common complaints about V-Force). The cards and powers didn't really start getting bad until the end of season 2/beginning of season 3. There was a lot more "abstract" stuff (Time Warp) but the robotic Bakugan were a cool concept I was surprised they never revisited. As a whole the series was really inconsistent rule wise though, they invented the "+500 takes all" rule in the beginning of season 2 only to completely forget about it until episode 11 of season 3 and they had a bunch of other stuff that was only used once and then forgotten (Gate Card close).

TL;DR: As much as Battle Gear was my favorite feature, Season 2 was the best anime wise and game wise (at least IMO).
Everyone used to play with these annoying little things at my elementary school like 10 years ago, they were so annoying.

We literally make fun of Bakugan at every Toronto tournament, it's so funny.
Yeah, it seems like maybe I mentioned it here before it's been officially announced ... woops.

No skin off my back if nobody believes me; I'm not Baku Brad. :')
But come on guys

Apollonir was the best.
Lmao, this is a place to talk about the possible reboot of bakugan, not to put it down

Lmao, its. Fine to have something against bakugan but that's not the reason why I created this thread, not so people can put it down or make fun of it. What it says in the first post is what this thread is about and id appreciate if comments were on topic. If you want to make fun of bakugan then by all means make your own thread for that. That will be where posts like yours will be fine because they will be expected. In here, just like in any positive thread, everyone's general expectation is to talk about what they love and get positive feedback in return, comments like yours would be a killjoy and cause the conversation to get off topic (at least in this case)