BWD Discussion

Sorry for the double post, but here are those tests Thunder.

Duo Cancer SA165 BWD vs. MSF-M Gargole Dragooon BGrin (4 min mold)

Duo: 10 wins, all OS
Dragooon: 0 wins
Duo win rate: 100%
Ties: 8

That is all I could do before my BWD turned aggro.

The battles were more or less the same. Both seemed equal, but Duo destabilizes at the end, and wins or ties.
Nice results! It's been known for a while that Duo Cancer SA165BWD performs well against Dragooon B:D, but I'm glad we have some tangible results now.

What I'm wondering now is how Killerken Killerken, or something like that, would do in the place of Duo. I believe I tried it out a few months ago at a tournament and it ended up winning, but I haven't done any formal testing.
A synchrome can do better than Duo on this. It doesn't get swayed out as easy. I tried it at one tournament before. It worked pretty good. I can't test right now (My string launcher is broken and I'm waiting for the next one to arrive), but if someone else did that would be cool.
(Jan. 13, 2013  7:57 PM)Kei Wrote: Nice results! It's been known for a while that Duo Cancer SA165BWD performs well against Dragooon BGrin, but I'm glad we have some tangible results now.

What I'm wondering now is how Killerken Killerken, or something like that, would do in the place of Duo. I believe I tried it out a few months ago at a tournament and it ended up winning, but I haven't done any formal testing.

If I get some time between work and my new baby, then I will try Killerken x2, Genbull x2, and Gargole x2.
Does Genbull x2 have good balance?
Yes it does, but unfortunately I didn't have time to get to Genbull tonight.

Gargole Gargole SA165(normal)BWD vs. MSF-H-Dragooon Dragooon B:D(6.5min mold)
Dragooon launched first on even launches, Gargole launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Gargole: 9 (9 OS, 0 KO)
Dragooon: 1 (1 OS, 0 KO)
Gargole Win %: 90.0%
2 Ties, both redone

Killerken Killerken SA165(normal)BWD vs. MSF-H-Dragooon Dragooon B:D(6.5min)
Dragooon launched first on even launches, Killerken launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Killerken: 7 (7 OS, 0 KO)
Dragooon: 3 (3 OS, 0 KO)
Killerken Win %: 70.0%
7 Ties, all redone

Gargole really had the fly wheel thing going for it here. It won by 2 or 3 rotations. What hurt Killerken the most was all its gaps that usually grind on opponents seemed to keep pushing it away, and sometimes it would get pushed away right at the end. However, when it did win it was by more than 2 or 3 rotations.
Awesome tests! Thanks for doing those! Maybe I should get BWD now...
Interesting! I'm surprised with how well Gargole did; it's never struck me as a Wheel that would have good Stamina (mostly due to the shape). I'll try to corroborate these myself in the next day or two whenever I get time.
Guys I think we should try Sway Attack against SA165 BWD. We proved that beats Dragooon, but that's not the only thing out there.
I can contribute to both against Sway and Dragooon using Gargole^2.
(Jan. 15, 2013  5:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Interesting! I'm surprised with how well Gargole did; it's never struck me as a Wheel that would have good Stamina (mostly due to the shape). I'll try to corroborate these myself in the next day or two whenever I get time.

I think it's just the SA165BWD doing all the work.
(Jan. 15, 2013  5:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Interesting! I'm surprised with how well Gargole did; it's never struck me as a Wheel that would have good Stamina (mostly due to the shape). I'll try to corroborate these myself in the next day or two whenever I get time.

Ultra Wrote:I think it's just the SA165BWD doing all the work.

SA165BWD does have a lot to do with it, but Gargole is almost on par with Killerken stamina wise.
A few slightly off topic notes: (Click to View)

When it is Synchromed with itself it has Phantom like weight distro (obviously not as good as Phantom, but it is very much outwardly distributed). IMO, Killerken usually performs better because of its grinding. In this case that quality just happen to hinder it somewhat.

I am willing to bet if I had tested against Reviser Dragooon instead, that Killerken would have been able to keep contact a lot more because of Reviser being much more round and smooth than Dragooon.

As a side note, I edited my previous post with a little more detail. I posted that from my phone last night and forgot to add a few things.
(Jan. 15, 2013  1:12 PM)Ultra Wrote: I think it's just the SA165BWD doing all the work.

You might be right, but because Killerken Killerken was using the same parts, any work they did becomes irrelevant. The only difference between the two combos was the Wheels, so that allows us to compare the two. Does that mean Gargole Gargole will be better than Killerken Killerken in all situations? Maybe not–we need more varied testing to determine that–but it does tell us that it can perform just as well, or better, in some situations.
I'll just confirm those tests for you:

Gargole Gargole SA165BWD vs. MSF-M Revizer Dragooon B:D (4 min mold)

Alternate shot, starting w/ Dragooon. I found out that if I launch at about 20%, Gargole can win pretty consistantly.

Dragooon: 3 wins, all OS
Gargole: 7 wins, all OS
Gargole Win Rate: 70%
Ties: 3

Kinda surprised about results 6, 7, and 8, but oh well.
Is that the only b:d you have or did you use a low-spin time one on purpose?
You could have PMed me, but I'll answer here.

Why would I use the worst B:D I have? To make my results seem better? I would never do that, obviously I would use the best B:D I have.

I only have one B:D anyway.
Could someone Test F230BWD VS. BGrin? I was thinking of what would be most like BGrin and this is the closest I have gotten.