[BST] Overlooked Parts Discussion and Testing

(Nov. 20, 2015  7:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nothing is going to be long-lasting with Oval. :')

could you at least tell me what's wrong with oval?
It's too light. It's the lightest of all of the Disks. This robs the shape of any impact it might have, sadly.
(Nov. 20, 2015  7:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's too light. It's the lightest of all of the Disks.

that's why i chose oval,because it was light
oval might have a hidden potential you know
(Nov. 20, 2015  7:44 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: that's why i chose oval,because it was light

Do you think I've never used it or something?
(Nov. 20, 2015  7:44 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2015  7:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's too light. It's the lightest of all of the Disks.

that's why i chose oval,because it was light

It could have. But no. Way too light. It's carp.
(Nov. 20, 2015  7:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2015  7:44 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: that's why i chose oval,because it was light

Do you think I've never used it or something?

well you had to least try it once
I've used it in a bunch of different kinds of combos. I haven't done any tests because I haven't found a single combo worth doing a formal test for.
Ok so I was intrigued so I did a couple tests. I don't own blow or claw so I got as close as possible, and i lunched spriggan 2nd every round. I really want oval to be good too but they just didn't make it heavy enough, I think. Maybe it will have a use one day, especially if there is ever a limited burst format. However...

Spriggan Oval fusion vs wyvern heavy survive:
wyvern: 9 wins, all os.
spriggan: 1 win, bf.

Spriggan Oval accel vs wyvern heavy survive:
wyvern: 10 wins, 9 os 1 bf.
Spriggan: 0 wins.

Spriggan Oval massive vs ragnaruk armed massive:
ragnaruk: 8 wins, 7os 1bf.
Spriggan: 2 wins, 1 os 1 bf.
I agree with Brad on this one, I was curious about Oval so I did a bunch of tests. It lost on everything I tried it on, furthermore from my testings it seemed as if Oval made the beyblade more prone to bursting (I haven't yet figured out why) with no positive to outweigh that huge negative it's rather pointless.
(Nov. 20, 2015  9:52 AM)ClaraM Wrote: I agree with Brad on this one, I was curious about Oval so I did a bunch of tests. It lost on everything I tried it on, furthermore from my testings it seemed as if Oval made the beyblade more prone to bursting (I haven't yet figured out why) with no positive to outweigh that huge negative it's rather pointless.

In my opinion, people will still ask for you (the ones that already have burst) to test this kind of parts, because they are not officially tested, meaning that's a knowledge restricted only for those who have the parts, and even if you are trustworthy, that doesn't mean is not your word against their word, so doubts keep piling up for the ones that don't have the parts. This would stop (in mayority) if actual testing was recorded in the forum
Izhkoort is correct : at this stage of Beyblade Burst, tests do not exist only to prove great combinations.
Well, OK. I've played hundreds of rounds with Oval and really just don't want to do a formalized 20 round test for multiple kinds of combos that people guess Oval might be useful in. I'd rather test hypotheses that appear to have some hope of being true!
I don't have Claw so I substituted with Survive.

Wyvern Heavy Survive vs Spriggan Oval Blow:

WHS: 9 wins (2 Burst Finish, 7 Over Finish)
SOB: 1 win (1 Burst Finish)

Really not a great combo... Poor stamina and not enough spin time to get a solid hit.
(Nov. 20, 2015  10:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, OK. I've played hundreds of rounds with Oval and really just don't want to do a formalized 20 round test for multiple kinds of combos that people guess Oval might be useful in. I'd rather test hypotheses that appear to have some hope of being true!

I agree with this, as much as I'm always trying to champion and find good use in "useless" parts. It seems as if doing formal tests are being done just for the sake of it, it proves and simultaneously disproves nothing we don't already know.

I'm alot more lenient with other parts (besides Trident) because as new parts are released older parts may find their footing. I've been trying to find use for Oval since it came out and I still can't. I'm usually the one banging on about people unfairly writing off Fusion because it does have use, if even I've given up on Oval it's probably because it genuinely is just one of the handful of parts out there that's useless.
Haha Clara, I've been trying Fusion so much lately and I think it's really fun but I just haven't found a combo that uses it that's really competitive. Unhappy I had high hopes for Deathscyther Spread Fusion Vs. OHD, too. Lemme know if you find something good!
(Nov. 20, 2015  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Haha Clara, I've been trying Fusion so much lately and I think it's really fun but I just haven't found a combo that uses it that's really competitive. Unhappy I had high hopes for Deathscyther Spread Fusion Vs. OHD, too. Lemme know if you find something good!

Valkyrie Heavy Fusion and in some parts Odin Heavy Fusion are both good for dealing out and resisting attacks from "stamina" types (the top stamina types we've seen anyway.) I've not tested it too vigorously though because I had tons of other combos I wanted to try so I'll definitely have to get to that and see if they're genuinely good or if it was just a good day lol
welp i've learned that oval only has one use, as a ego booster against children

now lets try SRB against WHC
i hypothesize it will be a light long lasting attack type
(Nov. 21, 2015  5:26 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: welp i've learned that oval only has one use, as a ego booster against children

What's the "overlooked part" here? Blow? The best combo with Blow I've found is Deathscyther Spread Blow, but it's not amazing.

Nobody is really using Wyvern Heavy Claw anyway – Odin Heavy Defense is a better choice in every way., so there's no value in beating WHC. But since I don't have Ring yet, I tried SSB against WHC and SSB lost every round, usually by bursting.
(Nov. 21, 2015  5:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2015  5:26 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: welp i've learned that oval only has one use, as a ego booster against children

What's the "overlooked part" here? Blow? The best combo with Blow I've found is Deathscyther Spread Blow, but it's not amazing.

Nobody is really using Wyvern Heavy Claw anyway – Odin Heavy Defense is a better choice in every way., so there's no value in beating WHC. But since I don't have Ring yet, I tried SSB against WHC and SSB lost every round, usually by bursting.
are you using a worn spriggan?
It's been used, but not extremely and not more than Wyvern. I'm surprised that's the first thing you would think than maybe the combo just not being very good ...?
(Nov. 21, 2015  6:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's been used, but not extremely and not more than Wyvern. I'm surprised that's the first thing you would think than maybe the combo just not being very good ...?

sorry i can't think straight, I'm literally turning 13 in 2 hours and 18 minutes as i am writing this
when i mean turning 13 i am hyped to get more beys and hormones are flooding my body
DSB works pretty well IMO first time I tried it yesterday and became my first lead beyblade at the tournament. I beat everyone I face but Brad :\

Now I got Oval so I figured to make some extended test with it.
Got Needle too so other extended test to do.

Later This Week I will get Neptune and Yggdrasil so other extended test! a lot of work to do!

I will post my results as soon as it done in their respective thread or new thread if they don't have their own hah!
Sorry double post! I have test Wyvern Oval Needle against VHA. I have to done a benchmark with Wyvern Heavy Needle to compare but its seems interesting. my results are so so for Wyvern on Oval and Needle but it could be interesting to get more results.

Valkyrie Heavy Accel VS Wyvern Oval Needle
WON: 8wins (1 BF, 7 SF)
VHA: 12 wins (2 Burst, 2 OF, 8 SF)

WON: 40% wins
VHA: 60% wins

6 Ties redone(5 DSF, 1 DBF)

its hard to burst it and KO it but could be easily Outspin... May Be with Defense it could have more stamina but it can probably increase its chance to be KOed.
(Mar. 28, 2016  8:09 PM)loyd87 Wrote: Sorry double post! I have test Wyvern Oval Needle against VHA. I have to done a benchmark with Wyvern Heavy Needle to compare but its seems interesting. my results are so so for Wyvern on Oval and Needle but it could be interesting to get more results.

Valkyrie Heavy Accel VS Wyvern Oval Needle
WON: 8wins (1 BF, 7 SF)
VHA: 12 wins (2 Burst, 2 OF, 8 SF)

WON: 40% wins
VHA: 60% wins

6 Ties redone(5 DSF, 1 DBF)

its hard to burst it and KO it but could be easily Outspin... May Be with Defense it could have more stamina but it can probably increase its chance to be KOed.

I don't think there's a reason to use this over WHN.
(Jan. 23, 2016  7:16 AM)Half Nail Wrote: Wyvern Heavy Needle v Valkyrie Heavy Accel
WHN: 16/20, 10 OS, 3 KO, 3 Burst - 80%
VHA: 4/20, 4 Burst - 20%
In your test, WON got outspun 8 times, but in Half Nail's test, VHA didn't outspin WHN a single time.
that I said to used it over then Heavy?! I think we need to test Oval to really know what is I do not seen many test with oval so far... and I think its in the OP list :\