[BST] Overlooked Parts Discussion and Testing

Overlooked Parts Discussion and Testing

The point of this thread is to point out overlooked parts which have not been tested, simply not used or because of other popular wheels. The list is to show parts which have been overlooked for different reasons and to show why did should be tested. Look at Wyvern, it was overlooked, but now it is top tier.

Testings can be posted in this thread and would be very much appreciated.

Testings

Testings for:

Layers:
Ragnaruk-Just overlooked completely and needs more testing
Amaterios-Hasn't been tested at all yet

Disks:
Aero-Hasn't been tested at all yet
Armed-Its been overlooked
Oval-Hasn't been tested much
Central-Needs more testing
Wing-Its been overlooked

Drivers:
Massive-Its a bigger defense and was overlooked
Claw-Hasn't been tested yet
Fusion-Its been overlooked
Assault-Hasn't be tested yet
Defense-Needs more testings
Blow-Hasn't been tested yet

Please correct me if parts have been tested and are proved to have no potential, and please say if there are more parts that need to be tested more. Please try to test as many of these parts as soon as possible and post results in this thread!

Credit to Hato for helping me with this thread.
Rangarknyjuk looks faintly like Flash or Sprigan, with the 2 contact points. I hope someone tests it for attack for sure.
Eh, don't know about Armed being overlooked, I'm sure many others with it can agree that it outright sucks. I feel like there will be use for it once we see some more Stamina based Drivers as we can make an LAD type of combo, just like SA165EWD. As for Massive, it has like no Stamina at all, once a Bey with Massive sits in the middle of the stadium, it's bound to burst. It's only good use is the little bit of Defense it has, which let's it not be able to be KO'd often, but definitely Bursted often. With Wing, I personally really like it, others have shown no interest in it, but I think it has potential. I don't have Fusion yet, but it looks interesting and I would love to play around with it. As for Amaterios, Armed, and Assault, we'll just have to wait till someone is generous enough to use any of their parts for testing lol.

Ragnaruk definitely needs more testings, it's scary how prevalent it has been recently, winning in like every other region haha.

EDIT IN BOLD: Thanks Kai-V!
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:49 AM)LMAO Wrote: Eh, don't know about Armed being overlooked, I'm sure many others with it can agree that it outright sucks. I feel like there will be use for it once we see some more Stamina based Drivers as we can make an LAD type of combo, just like SA165EWD. As for Massive, it has like no Stamina at all, once a Bey with Massive sits in the middle of the stadium, it's bound to burst. It's only good use is the little bit of Defense it has, which let's it not be able to be KO'd often, but definitely Bursted often. With Wing, I personally really like it, others have shown no interest in it, but I think it has potential. I don't have Fusion yet, but it looks interesting and I would love to play around with it. As for Amaterios, Armed, and Assault, we'll just have to wait till someone is generous enough to use any of their parts for testing lol.

Ragnaruk definitely needs more testings, it's scary how prevalent it has been recently, winning in like every other region haha.

I think the list was done based on which parts have a testing topic yet or not, and it is true that even if a part 'sucks', there should be test results out there to prove it anyway.

Also, a surprise awaits you hah.
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:49 AM)LMAO Wrote: Eh, don't know about Armed being overlooked, I'm sure many others with it can agree that it outright sucks. I feel like there will be use for it once we see some more Stamina based Drivers as we can make an LAD type of combo, just like SA165EWD.

I find this inference interesting. I like the idea, and right now it might not be great, but with other drivers it can have potential?

(Oct. 27, 2015  2:49 AM)LMAO Wrote: As for Massive, it has like no Stamina at all, once a Bey with Massive sits in the middle of the stadium, it's bound to burst. It's only good use is the little bit of Defense it has, which let's it not be able to be KO'd often, but definitely Bursted often.

From what I've seen, I can kind of vote on that, but I feel that Testings would confirm. Definitely need some comparison tests with Massive and Defense or Survive.

(Oct. 27, 2015  2:49 AM)LMAO Wrote: With Wing, I personally really like it, others have shown no interest in it, but I think it has potential. I don't have Fusion yet, but it looks interesting and I would love to play around with it.

Wing really hasn't been tested yet.. It was just kind of ignored from the beginning. Also, Fusion is basically FS, which is probably why it might have been ignored, but I think that when it is worn enough (but still legal), it can do some counter attacks like a stamina and attack hybrid, which could be interesting.

(Oct. 27, 2015  2:49 AM)LMAO Wrote: As for Amaterios, Armed, and Assault, we'll just have to wait till someone is generous enough to use any of their parts for testing lol.

I think @[Bey Brad] might do some Testings, and I can let you guys test it when I get (since I don't have a Burst stadium..) Smile

(Oct. 27, 2015  2:49 AM)LMAO Wrote: Ragnaruk definitely needs more testings, it's scary how prevalent it has been recently, winning in like every other region haha.

I have done some play in my BB10 with it, and stamina isn't great, but might have some attack.

Thanks for the comment, LMAO!
I've been playing around with Massive and it seems like it might be able to go aggro for a short time when launched, kind of like a CS using the ridges on the outside as the "rubber". I've been trying to consistently pull it off but haven't been able to do so.
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:13 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I've been playing around with Massive and it seems like it might be able to go aggro for a short time when launched, kind of like a CS using the ridges on the outside as the "rubber". I've been trying to consistently pull it off but haven't been able to do so.

This is exactly what I've been doing. I find Massive works great for defensive types that are meant to "hit back" as it were. Best way to get the movement is to launch opposite to handedness. So if you're right handed tilt slightly left, if left handed tilt right. Kind of like a sliding shoot but keep the launcher stationary.
Thanks Kai-V for doing this, for someone that is very far from other people and have problems importing goods, this helps me badly because I make combos according to testings Grin (I made even my own, but because threads gave me some virtual knowledge and made it all easier to figure it out)

If I remember right on previous releases threads was recommended to look at:
Ragnaruk Oval Accel (was stated Oval allowed Ragnaruk to be less burstable and because of that more useful)
Central and Wing being less burstable than Spread or Heavy (it was a japanese video with a quick review of the disks)
Personal opinion: if Valkyrie is good in Accel AND Survive, it shouldn't (theorically) be good with fusion? (with the hits could become aggro to strike a powerful hit but when is not hitting it would tend to rest in the tip, giving more stamina, also it may be launchable in an aggressive pattern, then it would rest in the sharp part of the driver)
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:57 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Personal opinion: if Valkyrie is good in Accel AND Survive, it shouldn't (theorically) be good with fusion? (with the hits could become aggro to strike a powerful hit but when is not hitting it would tend to rest in the tip, giving more stamina, also it may be launchable in an aggressive pattern, then it would rest in the sharp part of the driver)

Accel and Survive are both good on their own. Fusion isn't, sadly.

I did try the combo you mention here, but Survive's shape is just nothing like Fusion. In particular, Fusion has way worse stamina because any time it isn't perfectly upright it has a huge flat tip that's draining its spin without really giving a gameplay advantage back in return.

The success of Valkyrie X Survive/Claw comes from maintaining a high spin speed for as long as possible — thereby maximizing your chances of triggering a Burst — and by wobbling late in the match, giving Valkyrie the opportunity to essentially uppercut the opposing Layer off.
(Oct. 27, 2015  3:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2015  2:57 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Personal opinion: if Valkyrie is good in Accel AND Survive, it shouldn't (theorically) be good with fusion? (with the hits could become aggro to strike a powerful hit but when is not hitting it would tend to rest in the tip, giving more stamina, also it may be launchable in an aggressive pattern, then it would rest in the sharp part of the driver)

I did try the combo you mention here, but Survive's shape is just nothing like Fusion. In particular, Fusion has way worse stamina because any time it isn't perfectly upright it has a huge flat tip that's draining its spin without really giving a gameplay advantage back in return.

The success of Valkyrie X Survive/Claw comes from maintaining a high spin speed for as long as possible — thereby maximizing your chances of triggering a Burst — and by wobbling late in the match, giving Valkyrie the opportunity to essentially uppercut the opposing Layer off.

Well, that's a shame, it would be nice the only real balance driver had some use
(Oct. 27, 2015  3:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Odin Heavy Fusion has KO'd everything I've thrown at it so far, sure it won't outspin anything but it's pretty good at keeping a good balance between defence and attack. I've even had OHF outspin "top tier" attack types like VHB and VHA. Not trying to be argumentative or anything, I just think it's a shame that Fusion is written off as useless because everyone banks on outspin. Take it's endurance (or lack of) out of the equation and it's actually a very decent driver.
I don't have Odin, so I can't comment on that. I would say that just because something can produce some kind of result doesn't necessarily make it particularly valuable. For example, it's great that Odin Heavy Fusion can outspin VHA. But does it win by a larger margin than say, Survive or Claw? And does it have versatility against other kinds of Beyblades? What's the advantage of Fusion over a different Driver here?
(Oct. 27, 2015  3:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't have Odin, so I can't comment on that. I would say that just because something can produce some kind of result doesn't necessarily make it particularly valuable. For example, it's great that Odin Heavy Fusion can outspin VHA. But does it win by a larger margin than say, Survive or Claw? And does it have versatility against other kinds of Beyblades? What's the advantage of Fusion over a different Driver here?

The fact that it defends as well as attacks to a good degree. Yes it does win by quite a large margin and it can also burst and stadium out DSS. Claw in itself is good for stamina and defense but my point was, using fusion, we're not looking for anything good at stamina. We're looking for something that can defend well and attack just as well as any accel or blow driver can. It can do both of these things well against all stationary type beyblades so I don't get why it's so disregarded because "it has bad stamina" it's lack of stamina is more than outweighed by its defensive and attacking versatility.
I don't understand what it means when you say that it defends as well as attacks. Does that mean it can beat top-tier Beyblades in both Defense and Stamina categories? A customization's competitive value is measured by whether or not it can beat other popular customizations.

It's not disregarded because it has bad stamina, but because it doesn't bring any real benefits in exchange for sacrificing that stamina.
(Oct. 27, 2015  3:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't understand what it means when you say that it defends as well as attacks. Does that mean it can beat top-tier Beyblades in both Defense and Stamina categories? A customization's competitive value is measured by whether or not it can beat other popular customizations.

It's not disregarded because it has bad stamina, but because it doesn't bring any real benefits in exchange for sacrificing that stamina.

I think she said that is good against attack and stamina because it has good defense (against attack) and good attack (against stamina). I won't argue in how good it is, because I still can't, but someone choose balance was because of its versatility, not because it excels a beyblade that's based in only one attribute, so if it's not better than valkyrie or wyvang to outclass them doesn't matter if it can be better alltogether (having more defense than valkyrie and more attack than wyvang)

That's what I understood of what she said
Right, I get that. Just wondering how those traits translate into victories.
(Oct. 27, 2015  4:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Right, I get that. Just wondering how those traits translate into victories.

Well, that's why I think Kai-V posted this thread, so people start posting and prooving that
(Oct. 27, 2015  4:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Right, I get that. Just wondering how those traits translate into victories.

Because it can take the hits aswell as dish them out too. Most attack types have poor defense so they end up bursting themselves, most pure defensive types can defend but can't dish out any attack power so they're basically left sitting ducks and very often it's a coin toss as to whether they'll burst or be KO'd. A good combo utilizing fusion makes up for those weaknesses and it leads to a bey that defends well and attacks back as strongly as the opponent's can.
OK, well please consider doing some tests versus some top-tier customizations so we can understand how it performs. I'll try to do the same once I have my Odin.
I can't contribute too much, due to my experience being quite limited. However, I've noticed that Oval has a strangely high rate of bursting the enemy beyblade. I don't know if its because it's movement or if something else is allowing it to "deal damage" to the opposing beyblade, but I have experienced it. When I get more beyblades I will test, but for now I would just like to point that out.
Guys, check out Odin Armed Claw. It has basically the same stamina as Odin Spread Survive, but much harder to burst. Credit to @[1234Beyblade] for noticing this suggested combo on the back of the Odin package and recommending it to me!
Could some-one test Spriggan Oval Blow,i hasn't been tested yet and has 2 parts that haven't been tested much
(Nov. 20, 2015  5:34 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Could some-one test Spriggan Oval Blow,i hasn't been tested yet and has 2 parts that haven't been tested much

Don't assume nobody has tried it just because there's been no tests. Tests exist to prove a hypothesis, but clearly nobody's observed enough promise in Oval for it to be considered worth testing.

Plus, what do you want it to be tested against?
(Nov. 20, 2015  5:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2015  5:34 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Could some-one test Spriggan Oval Blow,i hasn't been tested yet and has 2 parts that haven't been tested much

Don't assume nobody has tried it just because there's been no tests. Tests exist to prove a hypothesis, but clearly nobody's observed enough promise in Oval for it to be considered worth testing.

Plus, what do you want it to be tested against?

when i said it hasn't been tested i meant i haven't seen anyone test it
and i want it to be tested against WHC and MRA+my hypothesis about it is that it will be a long lasting attack type
Nothing is going to be long-lasting with Oval. :')