[BST] Kerbeus Heavy Accel

Kerbeus Heavy Accel

This combo had been tested briefly in 1234beyblade's Valkyrie/Spriggan/Ragnaruk/Kerbeous Heavy Accel Testing thread, though after usage from @[Kei] at Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene: Toronto and testings of my own, I felt as this deserved its own. With that, this is Kerbeus Heavy Accel. Smile

Concept

Part Choice

Equipment Used

Testings

Battle Statistics

Conclusions

Overall, Kerbeus Heavy Accel seems to be a very impressive, versatile option as a Defender. Put aside Accel unlike Defense having LAD and generally a more guaranteed chance of out-spinning attack, I do feel as Kerbeus Heavy Accel still has the upper-hand over Kerbeus Heavy Defense.

I think that the tests would change a little significantly if Spriggan or Valkyrie had Heavy. If anyone has two Kerbeus's can you test this against Kerbeus Heavy Defense?

Thanks for the testings!

EDIT: LOL AT THE GIGA PUDDING.
Nice! Thanks for taking the time to make a thread for this. I honestly think it might be the best "Defense" combo right now. It's highly specialized and does poorly against anything other than Attack, but it does what it is supposed to do well.

Now that I think about it however, I'd like to try out Deathscyther Heavy Accel; it might have similar (but slightly worse) defensive power to Kerbeus but also be capable of some (probably inconsistent) KOs because of the slight aggression that it does have.
Here's this from 1234beyblade's thread.

Quote:Kerbeous Heavy Accel Vs. Kerbeous Heavy Defense
Kerbeous Accel: Wins 4/20 (All BF's)
Kerbeous Defense: Wins 16/20 (14 SF's, 2 BF's)
Kerbeous Accel 20% Win Rate
Two draws (All DBF's)

Its sole use is against attack; it really shouldn't be beating defense with more stamina.

Kei Wrote:Nice! Thanks for taking the time to make a thread for this. I honestly think it might be the best "Defense" combo right now. It's highly specialized and does poorly against anything other than Attack, but it does what it is supposed to do well.

Now that I think about it however, I'd like to try out Deathscyther Heavy Accel; it might have similar (but slightly worse) defensive power to Kerbeus but also be capable of some (probably inconsistent) KOs because of the slight aggression that it does have.

Thanks Scott, I appreciate it! Funny story though- I had meant to sent this to you on Facebook but accidentally did another friend. It was kind of awkward, haha.

It would definitely be interesting to test, I agree. I should hopefully recieveing my Deathscyther in the next while. If the difference in aggression is pretty significant, I'd probably want to consider it as anti-attack, rather.

LMAO Wrote:EDIT: LOL AT THE GIGA PUDDING.

DJ - Yeah!
Seems like a good combo, i've currently got one in the works and would love if anyone had any advice on it as well if that's okay of course.
LayerConfusedpriggan
DiskGaspval
Driver:Fusion

Thanks in advance.
Ds.
(Aug. 20, 2015  4:05 AM)Deathscyther Wrote: Seems like a good combo, i've currently got one in the works and would love if anyone had any advice on it as well if that's okay of course.
LayerConfusedpriggan
DiskGaspval
Driver:Fusion

Thanks in advance.
Ds.

Please don't interrupt other people's customization topics. Thanks!
Thanks for the tests! This is definitely a really good combo that I never thought to test in my initial tests
Kerbeus Heavy Accel vs. Deathscyther Spread Survive
KHA: 6/20 (2 SF, 4 BF) 30% win rate.
DSS: 14/20 (13 SF, 1 BF) 70% win rate.
Ties: 3 (2 DBF, 1 DSF)

Even though this combo isn't designed to do well against Stamina, I figured I'd go do testings against one anyways. The results weren't that surprising, but because of how of wobbly Deathscyther was, Kerbeus did get some lucky Burst and Spin Finishes.
I can confirm that this combo is an absolute beast. Won the London Burst tournament with it Grin
Once my Deathscyther arrives, I'll try some testing with that too, although my Spread is still lost in Toronto...
I decided to attempt to find out which was better on this combo, Kerbeus, or Deathscyther:

Equipment:

Valkyrie Heavy Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Accel
*Valkyrie launched first on odd rounds, Kerbeus launched first on even rounds*
*Parts (heavy and accel) switched after 10 rounds*
Valkyrie Heavy Accel: 7 wins (4 BF, 1 OS, 2 KO)
Kerbeus Heavy Accel: 13 wins (2 BF, 10 SF, 1 KO)
6 draws (2 DBF, 4 DSF)
Kerbeus win percentage: 65%
Average clicks lost per round:
Valkyrie: 1.65
Kerbeus: 2
Round by Round

Valkyrie Heavy Accel vs. Deathscyther Heavy Accel
*Valkyrie launched first on odd rounds, Deathscyther launched first on even rounds*
Valkyrie Heavy Accel: 6 wins (2 BF, 4 OS)
Deathscyther Heavy Accel: 14 wins (2 BF, 10 SF, 2 KO)
4 draws (3 DBF, 1 DSF)
Deathscyther win percentage: 70%
Valkyrie: 1.35
Deathscyther: 1.45
Round by Round

Spriggan Heavy Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Accel
*Spriggan launched first on odd rounds, Kerbeus launched first on even rounds*
Spriggan Heavy Accel: 5 wins (3 BF, 2 OS)
Kerbeus Heavy Accel: 15 wins (4 BF, 8 SF, 3 KO)
5 draws (3 DBF, 2 DSF)
Kerbeus win percentage: 75%
Spriggan: 1.8
Kerbeus: 1.8
Round by Round

Spriggan Heavy Accel vs. Deathscyther Heavy Accel
*Spriggan launched first on odd rounds, Deathscyther launched first on even rounds*
Spriggan Heavy Accel: 7 wins (4 BF, 1 OS, 2 KO)
Deathscyther Heavy Accel: 13 wins (1 BF, 11 SF, 1 KO)
4 draws (2 DBF, 2 DSF)
Deathscyther win percentage: 65%
Spriggan: .9
Deathscyther: 1.55
Round by Round

Seems pretty close, definitely too close to really call with that small of a sample set. It's safe to say that they are both pretty good though and it may be that Deathscyther is better against Valkyrie and Kerbeus is better against Spriggan. Thoughts?
Thanks for the tests! Deathscyther is certainly a fine substitute, but my thinking has been that Kerbeus would have the edge because of the slight recoil that Deathscyther can suffer from sometimes.

We'd need even more comprehensive tests before we could definitively say whether each one is better against a different Layer.
Yeah I feel like you may be right. I was thinking that Deathscyther would be better at OSing, but now i realize that doesn't really matter since Kerbeus is going to OS an attack type anyway. I was also thinking that maybe Deathscyther would be better at bursting an attack type, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Figured I might as well test it out though. Nothing else really left to test with this ungodly long period between August and September releases. It's getting close to being here though!!!
Using a Kerbeus, Heavy, Accel has always seemed like using a Dark, Libra, 125, F, to me.
(Sep. 12, 2015  9:28 PM)BAWB18 Wrote: Using a Kerbeus, Heavy, Accel has always seemed like using a Dark, Libra, 125, F, to me.

I think you should consider what Mitsu's tests show instead of what they look like Smile
(Sep. 12, 2015  9:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2015  9:28 PM)BAWB18 Wrote: Using a Kerbeus, Heavy, Accel has always seemed like using a Dark, Libra, 125, F, to me.

I think you should consider what Mitsu's tests show instead of what they look like Smile

I know! I'm not saying it"s a bad combo! It's just always seemed like a burst version of that combo to me!
(Sep. 12, 2015  3:27 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: I decided to attempt to find out which was better on this combo, Kerbeus, or Deathscyther:

Thanks for the tests dude. I really appreciate them! Smile

Deathscyther Heavy/Spread Accel are very interesting. I wouldn't say on par with Kerbeus as a Defender, but probably is more Anti-Attack (Anti-Striker, rather) than it is an aggressive Defender. Deathscyther Spread Accel had success against Valkyrie Heavy Accel and at the same time, against Kerbeus Heavy Survive (don't own a second Deathscyther to test with), it seemed to do Over/Burst Finish it quite frequently too.
(Sep. 13, 2015  2:31 AM)Mitsu Wrote: (don't own a second Deathscyther to test with)

No prob dude. I have 2 Deathscythers (actually 3 and another one in the mail. Lol) What test are your suggesting? Deathscyther Heavy Accel vs Deathscyther Spread Accel? I can do that up if you want. Maybe the better test would be DHA v VHA vs DSA v VHA. Since it may be different how they do against each other relative to how they each do against Valkyrie. Lemme know what you guys wanna see and I'lI do some up
To test out the attack portion of Deathscyther Accel, It'd be cool if you can test Deathscyther Spread or Heavy Accel against Deathscyther Spread Survive. It'd be better if you can post them in the Deathscyther Discussion thread, rather, because it wouldn't really relate to Kerbeus Heavy Accel anymore.

thanks again!
O I c, I already tested it against Kerbeus. It seems to suck pretty bad on attack against defense. It's just not aggressive enough
www.worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Deathscyther-testing