[BST] Claw Discussion

[BST] Claw Discussion

Claw's been talked about briefly. While both Kei and ClaraM had success with Wyvern Heavy Claw at recent Burst tournaments they had attended, we still had zero official testings on it. Had.

Here are some tests I've done using Claw. I'll be sharing overall opinions and thoughts on Claw for both Defense and Stamina purpose.

Testings

Final Thoughts

[Image: Comparingdefensivedrivers.png]

Overall, Claw is very interesting. Good defense and good stamina. Would like to see it added on the list for both areas!

It seems on par with Survive for stamina, but is better for Defense than it. Even then, I still truly and strongly believe that aggressive defense is the best defense. But while I say that, as I mentioned in that amazing graphic up there, Accel can potentially toppled over. Being the biggest over-thinker on the planet and someone who's only starting to become good with aggressive combos, in a tournament match, I'd probably feel more comfortable using Claw.

As for Survive, I'd be fine with keeping it on the list for stamina and Valkyrie Heavy/Spread combo, but would probably like to see it removed from Defense.

What do you all think?
Thanks for the tests, always nice to see parts finally get some results on paper. Claw definitely seems like a great in-between, it can at least be another option at tournaments to shake things up. Hopefully we get some other users' tests soon to back this data up.

Also, top notch photography here.
Oh right, I totally forgot those other tests I had made and meant to post over a week ago hahah. I probably wanted to conduct additional tests to fill up each of those matchups to twenty rounds, and I was really just testing miscellaneous things in preparation for the Montréal Burst tournament.

Deathscyther Spread Claw VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Deathscyther : 6 (1 Burst, 5OS)
Wyvern : 4 (OS)

Deathscyther Armed Claw VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Deathscyther : 4 (OS)
Wyvern : 6 (OS)
At first, seemed like whoever was shot last won. I think I was trying to use the additional overhang of Armed with Claw, but obviously it aids in no way at all.

Deathscyther Spread Survive VS. Wyvern Heavy Accel
Deathscyther : 8 (1 Burst, 7 OS)
Wyvern : 2 (OS)

Deathscyther Spread Survive VS. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Deathscyther : 8 (7 OS, 1 KO)
Wyvern : 5 (1 Burst, 4 OS)

In any case though, I think it is wrong to talk about Life After Death with a part as simple as Claw. For instance, we never talked about Life After Death with C145 during Metal Fight Beyblade ...
What does LAD stand for again?
(Nov. 07, 2015  11:58 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: What does LAD stand for again?

I spelled it out in my post right above.
Kai=V Wrote:Oh right, I totally forgot those other tests I had made and meant to post over a week ago hahah. I probably wanted to conduct additional tests to fill up each of those matchups to twenty rounds, and I was really just testing miscellaneous things in preparation for the Montréal Burst tournament.

Nice tests! Thanks V!

Siⱺn Wrote:What does LAD stand for again?

LAD stands for Life After Death. Until we start seeing some left-spin in burst, though, it doesn't seem like it's going to be a vital role in the game. Smile
Nice, thanks for the tests. I was thinking about doing similar tests after I noticed that OAC was much harder to burst than OHS
(Nov. 08, 2015  12:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2015  11:58 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: What does LAD stand for again?

I spelled it out in my post right above.

Okay, thanks. I also noticed that claw also has the highest center of gravity of any part in the game so far, if anyone has noticed. I might try using a Valkyrie combination with claw; possibly Valkyrie central or Valkyrie armed claw? If it wears down, I may take a shot at bringing kerbeus back into the active metagame with kerbeus armed claw.
Life after death means a Beyblade that can continue spinning literally while rolling against the stadium floor, which Claw can't do at all, am I correct?
Exactly, nothing in Burst can do it so far.
It has very poor LAD and is no WD of Burst for sure, but think what I was trying to get at was that it topples over on it's claw and gets a really small spin afterwards whereas Survive would just fall right over.

But I don't know. It may just not be right to use the term LAD at all in this case.
Great thread, Mitsu! The use of the "LAD" terminology might indeed be inappropriate, but I appreciate how well you spelled out what Claw excels at and where it falls between Accel and Survive. Nice to see some official tests comparing the defensive power of each Driver.
[Image: Comparingdefensivedrivers.png]

Replacing that little graphic I made with this one. I agree that it probably wasn't right to use the term LAD.
So is there any reason to use Survive over Claw, by your judgement?
(Nov. 11, 2015  12:26 AM)Mitsu Wrote: [Image: Comparingdefensivedrivers.png]

Replacing that little graphic I made with this one. I agree that it probably wasn't right to use the term LAD.
(Nov. 11, 2015  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So is there any reason to use Survive over Claw, by your judgement?

I do not own Claw, but when using Spread, I've noticed that Survive actually manages LAD in a more *true* sense of the word than was discussed earlier in the thread, by rolling on the Disk. I would imagine Claw would scrape instead before the Disk came into contact with the floor and reduce Stamina, and as Kai-V stated the overhang of Armed doesn't help this.

Does Claw just remain upright longer than Survive due to the increased OWD of the claws, giving it more pure Stamina? Or is it a Defense/Stamina hybrid Driver?
My own reasons for using Claw were quite different from what's being discussed. When I first used it I realised that it was naturally very "wobbly" it tilted a lot on it's own axis but from what I observed it didn't seem to hinder it's performance endurance wise. It got me wondering if I could use that natural unstableness as a defence, so I put Wyvern on it and used Heavy and Central to "offset" the tilt and make it a tad more balanced. The thinking was that if I could get it tilting on it's axis naturally then the opposing beyblade would end up hitting mine at an angle, defending it from "unclicking" because the layer hadn't been hit at an angle that would normally separate it from the driver and it would stop a normally easy to burst layer from bursting. It worked so I tried it with a bunch of other layers too and it works wonderfully on them, Odin especially.

When Odin was released it said in the advertisement for it that Odin was a layer that was very unbalanced. It is and after a few tests later I found also that it's very susceptible to bursting when it's being hit with continuous blows from layers like Valkyrie and Deathscyther. I stuck it on a Claw with a Heavy to offset the fact that it bursts easily and it's a damn tank. I've only had success taking it down with one beybalde combo so far and am still trying to find it's weakness.

Sorry for the long as hell post but I just wanted to explain why I ended using Claw as my go to thing for stamina rather than Survive.
(Nov. 11, 2015  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So is there any reason to use Survive over Claw, by your judgement?

After these testings, it really doesn't seem like there is. In my mirror match testings, Survive did get more wins by outspins than Claw, but because of how close the results actually were, it's very hard to say which one is better for pure stamina.

An issue I have with Survive, as I mentioned in the graphic I made, is that Survive combos can very well be out-spun by those of which utilizing Accel. Survive can stalled out and then fall flat to the ground once after. From experience, with Accel, if you get a good hit of off Survive combos in the beginning of the match and then stall the rest, you have a pretty good chance at out-spinning. This isn't the case with Claw.
Yeah, I have also found that a bey with a Claw driver is usually much harder to burst than one with Survive. Not really sure why, but it is definitely the case. But now that Odin Heavy Defense seems to be the go-to stamina custom, Claw falls by the wayside again. Maybe it will find a top tier use with the new releases
(Nov. 13, 2015  3:02 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah, I have also found that a bey with a Claw driver is usually much harder to burst than one with Survive. Not really sure why, but it is definitely the case. But now that Odin Heavy Defense seems to be the go-to stamina custom, Claw falls by the wayside again. Maybe it will find a top tier use with the new releases

And claw is to easy to KO for immobile defense?
(Nov. 13, 2015  3:02 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah, I have also found that a bey with a Claw driver is usually much harder to burst than one with Survive. Not really sure why, but it is definitely the case. But now that Odin Heavy Defense seems to be the go-to stamina custom, Claw falls by the wayside again. Maybe it will find a top tier use with the new releases

Do the white tabs on top appear to be larger?