BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008

Blade12, this has already been decided. There is no point in further arguing the matter.
Blade12 Wrote:No, but after losing you get to decide weather to use rock paper or scissors for the next round…just like switching beybades.

The rock paper scissors analogy is completely inappropriate anyway. Give it up, already. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this format. Stop trying to find a flaw where there isn't one just so you can use plastics.
Ichida Wrote:Because he said so, and it's probably not going to happen. No way I'm using any plastics in an open tourney.

I’m suggesting this doesn’t have to be an open tourney.
Blade12 Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:Because he said so, and it's probably not going to happen. No way I'm using any plastics in an open tourney.

I’m suggesting this doesn’t have to be an open tourney.

And I am TELLING YOU, as manager of the event, that it is.
Please remember that this tournament is mostly being organized by one person who would like to have time to play a few matches.
I haven't read any of the arguments, but I'm going to say this:

Just drop it, Blade12, everything has been decided. It's not as if you're the one organizing the Beyblade tourney. If you want a plastic blade tourney, host one yourself.
[/quote]

This is legal, but if someone sees you doing this they're going to wait for you to finish. I'm also designing a clause to cover what happens if both players refuse to attach before the other.[/quote]

Cover the blade once it’s attatched.

Quote:Nobody but you thinks this is a good idea.

I wouldn't say that the plastic tournament idea is 100% dead yet, but for the time being, I don't have any plans to do it.

Hey, it’s just a suggestion so the whole thing won’t be HMS…I guess you can just do non-tourney plastic rounds then.
I hope it’s not dead, but I also don’t want you to have no fun…
Plastics are permitted in free play.

WHICH IS WHY IT IS CALLED FREE PLAY
Quote:Cover the blade once it’s attatched.

They're just going to wait for you to uncover it (and the judge WILL tell you to uncover it).
Blade12 Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:why do they HAVE to?

Why do they HAVE to use plastic for plastic tourneys? This can be two in one.

what are you gunna use otherwise? paper mache?
There is no flaw, it was a suggestion.
I didn’t know about the strategy so you guys explained it and I get it now.
So I came up with a new suggestion.
If only I was pro and knew about strategies…then my first suggestion would have been my last and there will be no argument…Didn’t read the drop it stuff till now so sure. I’ll drop it.
Smile
Quote:They're just going to wait for you to uncover it (and the judge WILL tell you to uncover it).

Maybe a rule that the blade has to be chosen at the same time?

Quote:what are you gunna use otherwise? paper mache?
Meaning you have to use plastics, just like you have to...blah blah blah in whatever I was talking about. Just pretend I never said anyting about whatever I was talking about.
Blade12 Wrote:Maybe a rule that the blade has to be chosen at the same time?

Mind tactics and battle preparation are very essential Beyblade strategies. We can't do anything to eliminate them.
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Mind tactics and battle preparation are very essential Beyblade strategies. We can't do anything to eliminate them.

Right...what did you do in past tournaments?
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Wonder how many people agree that is fair just out of curiousity.. like honestly.. I know they've been with the game forever and all, but it never seemed quite right to me.
Blade12 Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Right...what did you do in past tournaments?

Case by case basis.

Ozuma Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Wonder how many people agree that is fair just out of curiousity.. like honestly.. I know they've been with the game forever and all, but it never seemed quite right to me.

How is it not right? Would you prefer we just pick our Beyblades out of a hat?
Tamer Brad Wrote:How is it not right? Would you prefer we just pick our Beyblades out of a hat?

AWESOME IDEA
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

No the whole mental carp and how people didn't know that once a beyblade is on a launcher you must use it and all. I thought a lot of it was a bit unfair. Of course a lot of it boils down to skill and launching technique. Although most players that weren't serious basically just matched types and didn't bother with the technique so it didn't seem right to me. It's only my opinion.
Quote:No the whole mental carp and how people didn't know that once a beyblade is on a launcher you must use it and all. I thought a lot of it was a bit unfair. Of course a lot of it boils down to skill and launching technique. Although most players that weren't serious basically just matched types and didn't bother with the technique so it didn't seem right to me. It's only my opinion.

It's in the rules. We'll be explaining the rules before the event.
Ozuma Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

A lot of people. People like tricking others to have the upper hand:K, and the tricking part isn't part of the battle. Everyone is so evil. Haha.

Tricking won't be needed though, if everyone agrees not to. It saves time too.
What do you think about the beyblade show? Each person using their all powerful blade. I don't see Kai making Tyson think he's going to use Ultimate Frostic Dranzer and then uses Dranzer F.

Except for the black dranzer bit beast...
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Quote:No the whole mental carp and how people didn't know that once a beyblade is on a launcher you must use it and all. I thought a lot of it was a bit unfair. Of course a lot of it boils down to skill and launching technique. Although most players that weren't serious basically just matched types and didn't bother with the technique so it didn't seem right to me. It's only my opinion.

It's in the rules. We'll be explaining the rules before the event.

Okay fair enough then I have no complaints with it being explained and all.
Ozuma Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

No the whole mental carp and how people didn't know that once a beyblade is on a launcher you must use it and all. I thought a lot of it was a bit unfair. Of course a lot of it boils down to skill and launching technique. Although most players that weren't serious basically just matched types and didn't bother with the technique so it didn't seem right to me. It's only my opinion.

I didn't know that.
Definitely would have fallen for it.
I used to just match types and not bother with technique and will continue to be like this until I figure things out.
Trying to trick the opponent by leading them down the wrong path is a part of EVERY COMPETITIVE HOBBY EVER.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Trying to trick the opponent by leading them down the wrong path is a part of EVERY COMPETITIVE HOBBY EVER.

also the basic strategy of any tactician outside of the world of sports and games
Why not just lay out three blades in front of you, then choose your blade at the last second, after your opponent chooses theirs? If your opponent's smart, though, you both could be waiting for some time. Or at least until whoever's refereeing their match gets pissed off.