BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008

Blade12 Wrote:Switch between battles.
How does that defeat the strategy of Beyblade?
What is the strategy?

When I say battle, I mean the entire set. I use "rounds" to refer to individual battles.

Beyblade is a game of preparation. If you can switch Beyblades after you've decided, it completely unbalances the game.
I'm still not completely sure how these matches are ran. Both players choose a random beyblade and battle 2 out-of 3?

I think that allowing the loser to counterpick a beyblade after each battle would add more strategy. The winner would have to win by two battles of course.(meaning that the winner would have to win a match vs. a counterpick)
SexyMichael Wrote:I'm still not completely sure how these matches are ran. Both players choose a random beyblade and battle 2 out-of 3?

I think that allowing the loser to counterpick a beyblade after each battle would add more strategy. The winner would have to win by two battles of course.(meaning that the winner would have to win a match vs. a counterpick)

Theoretically, a match could last forever. I'm sticking with the standard 3-points system.
Quote:when one blader switches a blade the other is going to switch to a blade that will counter it, then the other will switch, and so on until they run out of time and one gets lucky. ive seen it

there is no strategy in who can swap blades out the fastest
I was wondering how people battle if they keep switching...Gasp

Tamer Brad Wrote:
What is the strategy?

When I say battle, I mean the entire set. I use "rounds" to refer to individual battles.

Beyblade is a game of preparation. If you can switch Beyblades after you've decided, it completely unbalances the game.

You choose a blade for the first round and can't switch anymore.
After first round, both players pick a blade again, it's the second round and you can't switch for round 2 as well.

If both players use plastic first round and both use HMS second, without switching during rounds...then it won't defeat the strategy...

All three rounds have to be played using the same blade? Cause if you happen to pick a bad one, you'll lose all three rounds for sure. The game is based on pure luck.
Blade12 Wrote:
Quote:when one blader switches a blade the other is going to switch to a blade that will counter it, then the other will switch, and so on until they run out of time and one gets lucky. ive seen it

the judge knocks em upside the head and tells em to get on with it or they're disqualified, thats how
Quote:All three rounds have to be played using the same blade? Cause if you happen to pick a bad one, you'll lose all three rounds for sure. The game is based on pure luck.

Solution: Don't pick a bad one. Honestly, it's a tournament, you want to be forgiven if you make a crappy choice?

It's not luck. There's ways to trick your opponent into thinking you're using a different strategy than you are.
Quote:Solution: Don't pick a bad one. Honestly, it's a tournament, you want to be forgiven if you make a crappy choice?

It's not luck. There's ways to trick your opponent into thinking you're using a different strategy than you are.

Say you pick a good attack blade and your opponent picks a good defence blade.

You mean strategy as in an attack blade beating defense?
Blade12 Wrote:
Quote:Solution: Don't pick a bad one. Honestly, it's a tournament, you want to be forgiven if you make a crappy choice?

Then you need to find a way to trick your opponent into not picking a defense Beyblade, or you need to think, "is Attack really the best option for me?"
Blade12 Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
What is the strategy?

You choose a blade for the first round and can't switch anymore.
After first round, both players pick a blade again, it's the second round and you can't switch for round 2 as well.

If both players use plastic first round and both use HMS second, without switching during rounds...then it won't defeat the strategy...

All three rounds have to be played using the same blade? Cause if you happen to pick a bad one, you'll lose all three rounds for sure. The game is based on pure luck.

oi buddy get your terminology right, you're confusing rounds with matches. thats where the whole misunderstandings coming from

each match consists of 3 rounds. for each round you cant switch your blade, but if you win your match (2 outta 3 rounds) you move to the next match where you can use a new blade
Then you need to find a way to trick your opponent into not picking a defense Beyblade, or you need to think, "is Attack really the best option for me?"

Tell them your using an attack blade and choose something else?
Blade12 Wrote:Then you need to find a way to trick your opponent into not picking a defense Beyblade, or you need to think, "is Attack really the best option for me?"

Tell them your using an attack blade and choose something else?

Um, no. How about place an Attack blade in front of you as a decoy? Most players will assume it's what you're using. But until it's attached to the shooter, you're free to choose. Once you've attached the Beyblade to the shooter, it's permanent. There's other options as well.

What if you went to, say, a TCG tournament and your deck wasn't a good matchup for your opponent's deck? Well, too bad. This is how tournaments work.
Blade12 Wrote:

who says attack always beats defense?
Quote:oi buddy get your terminology right, you're confusing rounds with matches. thats where the whole misunderstandings coming from

each match consists of 3 rounds. for each round you cant switch your blade, but if you win your match (2 outta 3 rounds) you move to the next match where you can use a new blade

Still, how does switching between rounds take away the strategy? You still have to trick the opponent again.
Fleetscut Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:

the judge knocks em upside the head and tells em to get on with it or they're disqualified, thats how

And knowing my temper, if anyone tries to pull anything against the rules, something like this could happen (only if I know the person though)!

Also, Blade12, could you please start using quote tags? it would make your posts a lot easier to read.
Blade12 Wrote:
Quote:oi buddy get your terminology right, you're confusing rounds with matches. thats where the whole misunderstandings coming from

Still, how does switching between rounds take away the strategy? You still have to trick the opponent again.

This needlessly lengthens the match and removes from the initial strategy. Once a player realizes he's been tricked, he'll stall and neither of you will pick a Beyblade.
Blade12 Wrote:

whats the point in having rounds then if your not going to compare the same blades in battle? you dont play rock paper scissors, lose, then switch out for your friend to play for you, do you?
What about attaching the blade behind your back?
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:

This needlessly lengthens the match and removes from the initial strategy. Once a player realizes he's been tricked, he'll stall and neither of you will pick a Beyblade.

Good point. But won't the player be aware of tricks for the next match and stall anyway?

If blades can be switched between matches, how about plastics for first match and HMS for second?
if you wanna do that go ahead. thats the whole point of an open tournament. doesnt mean your opponents going to feel the same way just to humor you
No, both players have to use plastic for first and HMS second.
why do they HAVE to?
Because he said so, and it's probably not going to happen. No way I'm using any plastics in an open tourney.
Blade12 Wrote:What about attaching the blade behind your back?

This is legal, but if someone sees you doing this they're going to wait for you to finish. I'm also designing a clause to cover what happens if both players refuse to attach before the other.

Blade12 Wrote:No, both players have to use plastic for first and HMS second.

Nobody but you thinks this is a good idea.

I wouldn't say that the plastic tournament idea is 100% dead yet, but for the time being, I don't have any plans to do it.
Fleetscut Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:

whats the point in having rounds then if your not going to compare the same blades in battle? you dont play rock paper scissors, lose, then switch out for your friend to play for you, do you?

No, but after losing you get to decide weather to use rock paper or scissors for the next round…just like switching beybades.
Fleetscut Wrote:why do they HAVE to?

Why do they HAVE to use plastic for plastic tourneys? This can be two in one.