BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008

Oh, there's more coming. For sure.

Not so sure about plastic prizes, though. They may not be so decadent.
I mean what do you think of trophies or medals?
Why quote that? I saw it. :-\
this sounds awesome but how much will it cost 2 get in?
You only pay the convention membership fee.
So, I'm scrapping the plastics tournament. I've sunk my entire budget into HMS prizes, and I'd really rather not spend a lot of time running things this time around (if you recall, last time I didn't even play a single match because I was so busy running things).

Of course, we can all play plastics anyway Smile
Aww, that sucks.

I'm sure someone will set up some sort of plastic mini-tournament anyways. (:
Does it really suck that much?

I mean, if you guys want to use plastics, there's really nothing stopping you. Gasp
Tamer Brad Wrote:Does it really suck that much?

I mean, if you guys want to use plastics, there's really nothing stopping you. Gasp
I just love plastics. xD No big deal though, we can still battle whenever we want with them.
For some reason I thought it's plastic only and open format.
Tamer Brad Wrote:So, I'm scrapping the plastics tournament. I've sunk my entire budget into HMS prizes, and I'd really rather not spend a lot of time running things this time around (if you recall, last time I didn't even play a single match because I was so busy running things).

Of course, we can all play plastics anyway Smile

Oh, your scrapping plastics. Unhappy That does suck. I don't know anything about HMS. Even if plastics are allowed there's no point because there's no way one can win with a plastic vs HMS.Unhappy
Kei Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Does it really suck that much?

I just love plastics. xD No big deal though, we can still battle whenever we want with them.

Same here. What do you mean by we can still battle?
Blade12 Wrote:For some reason I thought it's plastic only and open format.

That was the idea, but I honestly don't have the budget for plastic prizes. I wanted to focus on getting great HMS for everyone.
That was the idea, but I honestly don't have the budget for plastic prizes. I wanted to focus on getting great HMS for everyone.

Only the winner gets prizes or everyone? xD
What about plastic only and HMS prizes?
Or plastic for first game, HMS second,etc... and then HMS prizes?
You can still hold a bunch of exhibition plastic-gen battles, yeah. I'll probably get in on some of that action in addition to the HMS tourney.
Blade12 Wrote:Only the winner gets prizes or everyone? xD

What are you talking about?

1st, 2nd and 3rd place will all receive prizes. If I can do it, there will be door prizes as well.

Ichida Wrote:You can still hold a bunch of exhibition plastic-gen battles, yeah. I'll probably get in on some of that action in addition to the HMS tourney.

Yeah, exactly. Plus, I wanna play too!
Tamer Brad Wrote:[quote=Blade12]
Only the winner gets prizes or everyone? xD

What are you talking about?

1st, 2nd and 3rd place will all receive prizes. If I can do it, there will be door prizes as well.

In the instructions, you play three rounds and that counts as a match. So plastic for the first round, HMS second, any the third.
With HMS prizes.
Or the whole tournament plastic with HMS prizes.

Or whole tournament HMS with HMS prizes.
And exhibition plastic-gen battles.
its open. you can use any gen of blade you want. though most will be using HMS
Fleetscut Wrote:its open. you can use any gen of blade you want. though most will be using HMS

Yeah, but plastic against HMS, plastic will lose for sure.

I'm saying first round everyone uses plastic and second round HMS.
we already had planned a separate division for plastics but it was scrapped to make the event easier to run (and so brad could have a chance to play too). and the reason its open so anyone can choose to use what they want and so that everyone can participate. yes plastics may have a slim chance against HMS you never know what'll happen. the HMS might ko itself
Blade12 Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:its open. you can use any gen of blade you want. though most will be using HMS

It completely defeats the strategy of Beyblade if you switch Beyblades during the middle of the battle.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:

It completely defeats the strategy of Beyblade if you switch Beyblades during the middle of the battle.

reminds me of the YTV tournament way back when
ichida, we're looking at you

(jkjk)
Fleetscut Wrote:we already had planned a separate division for plastics but it was scrapped to make the event easier to run (and so brad could have a chance to play too). and the reason its open so anyone can choose to use what they want and so that everyone can participate. yes plastics may have a slim chance against HMS you never know what'll happen. the HMS might ko itself

I don't mean round as in two separate tournaments...

Quote:It completely defeats the strategy of Beyblade if you switch Beyblades during the middle of the battle.

It wouldn't work if you plucked the blade outta the stadium in the middle of battle.

Switch between battles.
How does that defeat the strategy of Beyblade?
What is the strategy?
Blade12 Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:we already had planned a separate division for plastics but it was scrapped to make the event easier to run (and so brad could have a chance to play too). and the reason its open so anyone can choose to use what they want and so that everyone can participate. yes plastics may have a slim chance against HMS you never know what'll happen. the HMS might ko itself

I don't mean round as in two separate tournaments...

Quote:It completely defeats the strategy of Beyblade if you switch Beyblades during the middle of the battle.

It wouldn't work if you plucked the blade outta the stadium in the middle of battle.

Switch between battles.
How does that defeat the strategy of Beyblade?
What is the strategy?

when one blader switches a blade the other is going to switch to a blade that will counter it, then the other will switch, and so on until they run out of time and one gets lucky. ive seen it

there is no strategy in who can swap blades out the fastest