BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008

I wouldn't hold your breath for a 2009 event, but hey, anything can happen I guess.
Tamer Brad Wrote:BTW, no, your girlfriend's birthday is NOT more important, shut up guys.

The funny thing is I can't tell if he's being sarcastic, or an carp. Tongue_out
My girlfriend's coming with me, so I guess I can't really make a decision on this situation. Smile
Mine'll be there too. I should teach her and get her to play too.
I plan on coming, but I doubt I'll play. XD I suck too much.

BUY BLADES FROM ME SO I CAN HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GO, GUYS ;____;
ultima55 Wrote:I plan on coming, but I doubt I'll play. XD I suck too much.

Post your collection list. I'm sure you can unload them.
ill be goin too! cant wait. this'll really get the community goin again.

oh and everyone check the anime north website www.animenorth.com they have started the discount hotel prices and i suggest you book now cause the discount rooms fill up fast. last year the doubletree filled up in 3 days
Fleetscut Wrote:ill be goin too! cant wait. this'll really get the community goin again.

oh and everyone check the anime north website www.animenorth.com they have started the discount hotel prices and i suggest you book now cause the discount rooms fill up fast. last year the doubletree filled up in 3 days

I'll book ASAP. I am sure some of you guys will be splitting a room, huh? Smile
i just got a room booked in the doubletree myself. and ill be rooming with a few others i know who might be participating. anyone else planning on staying there? we could have late night blading sessions!
Fleetscut Wrote:i just got a room booked in the doubletree myself. and ill be rooming with a few others i know who might be participating. anyone else planning on staying there? we could have late night blading sessions!

I am, but if Anne's coming of course we'll have our own room. I want to book it in the Doubletree so we can come visit you guys easily.

How much time do you think before it sells out?
well it went up a few days ago. last year they were late thought and put it up in december and when i checked back a few days later there was a news post saying that the doubltree booked out. if the convention rates do book out it may be possible to get a room in the non-convention block. though those would be more expensive
My girlfriend's getting a room, so I'm gonna pool in to stay with her.
I'll be going if I can get a place to stay for the weekend.

I wasn't able to go to AN'07 because I had no place to stay (I was originally going to room with a friend, but they decided to tell me they wanted to room with another friend more....)

So, if the chance happens that I can either
A) stay at someones house
B) Room up with someone at a hotel

I'll 100% be there.
Fleetscut Wrote:well it went up a few days ago. last year they were late thought and put it up in december and when i checked back a few days later there was a news post saying that the doubltree booked out. if the convention rates do book out it may be possible to get a room in the non-convention block. though those would be more expensive

You think I'll be OK as long as I do it this week?
you might be. i havent been able to find any past posts about the doubletree on the AN update page so i dont really have anything to compare with. my guess is because its still so long to the con not many are checking the site yet so you should be good
I think I will book at this hotel very soon then.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I think I will book at this hotel very soon then.

You may want to consider splitting a room with other Bladers.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I think I will book at this hotel very soon then.

You may want to consider splitting a room with other Bladers.

Well a requirement for me coming all the way up there is that my mom also has to come. I must share my room with her.
o in case you guys dont know the doubletree is very strict around convention time. they post security around the stairs and elevators so only those with room keys can go up. its to discourage room parties because they've had messes in the past. its easy to get past but thought you guys might wanna know
I should book my room by Friday or Saturday.
Fleetscut Wrote:o in case you guys dont know the doubletree is very strict around convention time. they post security around the stairs and elevators so only those with room keys can go up. its to discourage room parties because they've had messes in the past. its easy to get past but thought you guys might wanna know

Like that'll stop us. Those with keys can still have room parties, XD.
I think that's nonsense. There's a difference between hanging out with friends in your room and wrecking the place.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
ultima55 Wrote:I plan on coming, but I doubt I'll play. XD I suck too much.

Post your collection list. I'm sure you can unload them.

I'm gonna make a huge sales post after I go home for Christmas. I'd do it sooner, but it's hard when your blades aren't in the same country as you anymore. Tongue_out

I don't know where I'd be staying if I went to AN. There's a group thing on Nexopia where it's discounted flights and hotel, but that's a large group, and I think I'd be stuck rooming with those folks. It all depends on how I get there in the end. I may be looking for roommates for the weekend. O:
Well, there are plenty of people here still looking for a roommate.
I'll be out of school by then, so we'll see.

I have some big expenses (new instrument, orchestra et-cetera) that spring, so it'll depend on finances.