BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set

Just going to use the same format that Byser used, until we figure out a universal format.

Quote:Contents
  • MF-H Pegasis 85RF
  • Libra 100D
  • MF-F Burn Cancer 90WD

Overall
The Beyblade Super Deck Set's purpose was to release combos that frequently placed among TAKARA-TOMY tournaments at the time of release. As such, it contains all re-released parts, but also allows an easier way to find relatively rare, competitive parts; most importantly, Libra. Each Beyblade contains at least one top tier part: MF-H Pegasis 85RF, Libra 100D, and Burn Cancer 90WD. Pegasis is outclassed by most modern Attackers, but has served its time as a powerful Attack Wheel. Burn's Stamina does not compare to that of Scythe, Phantom, and Basalt.

The Beyblade Super Deck Set is readily available, and the variety of parts make it worthwhile for any Blader getting started with competitive battling, by providing a solid base for top tier Attack, Defense, and Stamina combos with minimal useless parts.

It does seem very short, so I think there should be a section for "Availability", "Rarity", or something along those lines that explains if it made parts more easily accessible, more difficult to obtain, if there's re-used parts, and if it's out of production.
All the parts there are either incredibly outclassed or have better alternatives with the exception of 85..
Basalt>Libra, any post-Vulcan wheel>Pegasis, God knows how much>Burn.
(Nov. 11, 2011  9:45 PM)Dan Wrote: All the parts there are either incredibly outclassed or have better alternatives with the exception of 85..
Basalt>Libra, any post-Vulcan wheel>Pegasis, God knows how much>Burn.

RF, WD, D...
RF goes without question in my exceptions list, perhaps I should have mentioned it to avoid a picky comment, haha.

WD and D are both trumped by EDS, and probably B:D as well. Prevalence is not what I was talking about, but straight out test results.
EDS is only better on certain types of combo - there are still several that WD/D are flat out better on, and B:D is just straight up niche. Less hanging-on ability than any other "D"-shaped tip, and a fixed height often make it a less attractive option, given how large of an impact tracks are.
(Nov. 11, 2011  10:04 PM)Hazel Wrote: EDS is only better on certain types of combo - there are still several that WD/D are flat out better on, and BGrin is just straight up niche. Less hanging-on ability than any other "D"-shaped tip, and a fixed height often make it a less attractive option, given how large of an impact tracks are.

This. It's foolish to suggest that WD/D are no longer of any use.

Anyways, this looks good. Although, it would be worth mentioning what the concept for this set originally was. Right now it does say "but allows an easier way to find relatively rare, competitive parts", but the fact that the concept was for it to be made up of combos/parts that were placing at TAKARA-TOMY tournaments at the time of release (I believe) should be made more explicit.
That's pretty cool, I didn't even know that. I added it in at the beginning.
Are the Top-Tier parts the ones that are bolded?
(Nov. 17, 2011  12:45 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: Are the Top-Tier parts the ones that are bolded?
As a matter of fact, they are.

Seeing as I don't own this set and I have nothing to suggest, I have but one thing to say: Nice job, Shabs.

Is it just a mistake or has 100 become Top-Tier and I never noticed?
(Nov. 17, 2011  12:47 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: Is it just a mistake or has 100 become Top-Tier and I never noticed?

When did it not become top tier?
(Nov. 17, 2011  12:48 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2011  12:47 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: Is it just a mistake or has 100 become Top-Tier and I never noticed?

When did it not become top tier?

Well going along with my own thinking and reading and BeyWiki, it is outclassed.
I think it's certainly not bad, and I get that 85 and 90 are better more often, but it's still a great part?
(Nov. 17, 2011  12:51 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I think it's certainly not bad, and I get that 85 and 90 are better more often, but it's still a great part?

Well if you are going for not bad then Pegasis and Burn should be bolded too.
Better than not bad, haha. Since 85, 90, and 100 are in this set, and each is situational, I'd say it's perfectly fine having it bolded

I'm having troubles explaining this, hahaha. I wouldn't say It's any worse than 85 and 90 actually. It's certainly the best option for low Track Attack, situational (yet very useful) in Stamina, and fantastic for low Track Defense.

The combos I can think of off the top of my head that are better than 85 and 90:

-[Attack Metal Wheel] 100RF/R2F/LRF
-Scythe 100EDS/CS/WD
-Earth 100WD
-possibly other low track stamina that I haven't tried
-Basalt 100CS/RS/RSF
-Earth 100CS/RS/RSF

Possibly more.
(Nov. 17, 2011  1:01 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Better than not bad, haha. Since 85, 90, and 100 are in this set, and each is situational, I'd say it's perfectly fine having it bolded

I'm having troubles explaining this, hahaha. I wouldn't say It's any worse than 85 and 90 actually. It's certainly the best option for low Track Attack, situational (yet very useful) in Stamina, and fantastic for low Track Defense.

The combos I can think of off the top of my head that are better than 85 and 90:

-[Attack Metal Wheel] 100RF/R2F/LRF
-Scythe 100EDS/CS/WD
-Earth 100WD
-possibly other low track stamina that I haven't tried
-Basalt 100CS/RS/RSF
-Earth 100CS/RS/RSF

Possibly more.

But it is still generally outclassed to many other tracks. Almost all of those combos have a track that would work better for it such as....
Scythe BD145EDS
Earth BD145/GB145
Basalt BD145/230CS

85 and 90 have wheels that work the best with that track such as Blitz and Vulcan.

Well I have put in my 2 cents. Now you do what you wish with the article.

Well, I wouldn't actually say those are better. They're different-better if that makes sense.

I think it's fine having it bolded, but I appreciate the input!
(Nov. 11, 2011  8:53 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Burn's Stamina does not compare to that of Scythe, Phantom, and Basalt, but has found small, niche uses in Attack.

I'm not sure this is worth mentioning any more. Maybe two years ago, but not now.

Also, here's an image of the contents (originally posted by Kai-V in the BB-96 thread):
[Image: mfbsuperdeckset1.jpg]

We still need an image of the package itself, though.
You all should know that I keep my packages as intact as possible, so let me know if you want me to take the photograph(s).
(Nov. 18, 2011  6:21 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You all should know that I keep my packages as intact as possible, so let me know if you want me to take the photograph(s).

Yes, please do. Smile
Hm, with or without the Beyblades inside the package ? I could seriously just put them back in, you would barely see the difference.
It would likely serve the purposes of the images better to have the Beyblades in the package, so people taking a quick look at the article for shopping references would have a better idea of what to look for in a legitimate product, rather than just the box itself.
(Nov. 18, 2011  7:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, with or without the Beyblades inside the package ? I could seriously just put them back in, you would barely see the difference.

Oh yeah; I wasn't even thinking about that (since it wouldn't be an issue with most of their packaging). Do put them back in the package before you take the photo.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3300/bb961.jpg
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1237/bb962.jpg

Obviously the quality would be even better if the pictures did not have to be kept large.