BB-82 Grand Ketos T125/WD145RS Article attempt.

Grand KetosT125/WD145RS
Number:BB-82
System:Hybrid Wheel System
Type: Defense

Note: There are two versions of this Beyblade. One comes with the T125 Track and a light blue Clear Wheel, while the other version comes with the WD145 Track and a dark blue Clear Wheel.

Note:Grand Ketos T125/WD145RS were originally obtained through Random Booster Vol. 5 Grand Ketos, where they are the "prize" Beyblade. Sonokong released a starter of these Beyblades, which includes Light Launcher 2.

Face: Ketos
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Cetus, one of the 88 constellations in space. This face represents the Whale.

Clear Wheel: Ketos
Weight: 2.5 grams
This Clear Wheel is perfectly symmetrical. It shows two waves on each side, going in opposite directions, with white whale tails shown at the sides.

Note: There are two versions of this clear wheel. A dark blue version, and a light blue version. The color does not affect performance in anyway. It’s just to look aesthetically pleasing.

Metal Wheel: Grand
Weight:29.3 grams
Grand is an intriguing wheel. It’s thicker than even Earth at the thickest point on it’s four wings. It however is not as successful defensively, as it’s 3.5 grams lighter than the second mold of Earth. On the Grand wheel there are six “walls” and with every two walls there is a gap dividing them into three sections. Also, once every section there is a wall that small "indents" on the Metal Wheel. This creates recoil which is also why the Grand wheel is outclassed as opposed to Earth which generally has zero recoil.

Track: T125
Weight: 1.7 grams
T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect it produces; like DF145 is also negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120. T125 has found uses in Attack and Survival customizations, due to it being mid-range height.

Use in Attack Customization:
T125 is an excellent alternative to the 145 track in the attack combination: MF Pegasis T125R2F. T125 is also used in the Gravity Perseus attack combination: MF Gravity Perseus T125R2F They are both excellent Smash Attack customizations.

Track:WD145
Weight:3.6 grams
WD145 features three “wings”. The wings are similar to that of ED145, with the only difference being that it cannot spin freely. The defensive capabilities of this part are outclassed by the track C145, as it does not absorb hits as successfully. Furthermore, it is easy for the low attacker’s Wheel to be caught between the Wheel and WD145, causing a lot of recoil and spin reduction in the process.

Bottom: Rubber Sharp
Weight:0.8 grams
The purpose for purchasing this Beyblade should be this one part. The use of rubber and the friction it creates with the stadium floor does lower its Stamina, but RS is mainly used to counteract Attack customizations. It's high friction makes it difficult for the attack customization to knock it out, which results in RS being able to outlast it. It should be noted however, that even though RS is an amazing defence bottom it unfortunately like almost all of the other Sharp series bottoms has balance issues. However, it is still arguably the best legal defence bottom to date.

Use in Defence Customization:
RS can be put to use in the amazing top tier combination: MF-H Earth Bull 230RS.

Overall:The Grand wheel is decent, but is outclassed by Earth and Vulcan in Defense and Attack respectively. T125 is an interesting track, and should be chosen over the WD145 version. But the main reason for buying this Beyblade should be RS. It is perhaps one of the only reasons why defence is viable in the current metagame.

Every Beyblader should own at least one of this beyblade.

I used Zeox's article as a basic skeleton, then I fixed up some things I thought could use work on. Suggestions/comments/Criticism are welcome.
Loved It !!!
AnyWay In The Face Section, Change "The Whale" to "A Whale"
Though Sea Monster Maybe Much Better Option.
very detailed i like the bey also but all just keep my leone
Your defense combos are missing one vital part ... Metal Faces!
A Good try!

Your combos are pretty much missing Metal Faces. For the Attack Customizations, use Metal Face. For Defense, Use MF-H.

For the overall section.

Grand is a decent Defense type Wheel, and T125/WD145 does have its uses in the absence of CH120,C145,GB145 and 230 respectively, but RS is without a doubt what makes this an essential buy for every competitive Blader. RS has proven itself as one of, if not the best Defense tip released to date for the use in Defense customization. Every Blader should own multiples of this Beyblade.
More description on Grand wheel.
(Feb. 16, 2011  8:42 AM)Hero Wrote: Your defense combos are missing one vital part ... Metal Faces!

Ah, thanks, I completely forgot about those actually.

(Feb. 16, 2011  7:27 AM)â– Rock Leone Wrote: very detailed i like the bey also but all just keep my leone

Then why even post...?
This would count as SPAM.

(Feb. 16, 2011  10:48 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: More description on Grand wheel.

Please if possible add some details I could input then?

(Feb. 16, 2011  10:05 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: For the overall section.

Grand is a decent Defense type Wheel, and T125/WD145 does have its uses in the absence of CH120,C145,GB145 and 230 respectively, but RS is without a doubt what makes this an essential buy for every competitive Blader. RS has proven itself as one of, if not the best Defense tip released to date for the use in Defense customization. Every Blader should own multiples of this Beyblade.

I don't want to include WD145 as having uses, as it's outclassed even by C145, which is still outclassed. I'll wait for a more experience member to input their say about buying multiples or changing the overall section.
The scar things on the wheel that cause recoil, write about that like I did in my article.
(Feb. 17, 2011  12:06 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2011  10:05 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: For the overall section.

I don't want to include WD145 as having uses, as it's outclassed even by C145, which is still outclassed. I'll wait for a more experience member to input their say about buying multiples or changing the overall section.

It does if you lack the parts that i wrote.
WD145 does have one small use in MF Pegasis WD145RF. But otherwise it is really bad at defence and should only be used if you have nothing better.
Help what should i get out of these
1.Thermal Lacter......something forgot
2.Grand Ketos
3.Rock Girrafe
4.Ray Unicorno

Im only looking for your opinion, but im still gonna buy what yous like is awesome.
(Feb. 17, 2011  11:44 AM)EarthEpicRyan Wrote: Help what should i get out of these
1.Thermal Lacter......something forgot
2.Grand Ketos
3.Rock Girrafe
4.Ray Unicorno

Im only looking for your opinion, but im still gonna buy what yous like is awesome.
Why would you even post this in a thread of an article draft...

Use the Purchase Consultation thread.
Well, Beywiki is supposed to be the centre of all things competitively beyblade related, so I can't write down "You could use WD145 if C145 isn't available, and don't use C145 if you have a GB145." Basically I can't have any "If -insert part name here- is not available, use -insert worse part name here-"
You should write that Grand looks aesthetically similar to the Escolpio wheel.
(Feb. 16, 2011  5:44 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Note: There are two versions of this Beyblade. One comes with the T125 Track and a light blue Clear Wheel, while the other version comes with the WD145 Track and a dark blue Clear Wheel.

You put this under the Metal Wheel section, which I don't think is where you meant to put it.
^ Fixed the 2nd part. For the asthetics, I don't want to clutter up the article with useless facts. Most people don't care about the asthetics of a part anyways, they just want the information of how good it is.

Now i'm just waiting for Kei's opinion.
Remove the "Legal" Part, just seems, out of place. No other article has legal in it.
(Feb. 16, 2011  5:44 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Grand KetosT125/WD145RS

Note: There are two versions of this Beyblade. One comes with the T125 Track and a light blue Clear Wheel, while the other version comes with the WD145 Track and a dark blue Clear Wheel.

Note:Grand Ketos T125/WD145RS were originally obtained through Random Booster Vol. 5 Grand Ketos as the "prized" Beyblade(s). Sonokong released them as starters with the Light Launcher 2.

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Cetus, one of the 88 constellations in space. This face represents the Whale.

This Clear Wheel is perfectly symmetrical. It shows two waves on each side, going in opposite directions, with white whale tails shown on the sides.

Note: There are two versions of this clear wheel: dark blue and light blue. The color does not affect performance in anyway. It’s just to look aesthetically pleasing. (opinion)

Grand is an intriguing wheel. It’s thicker than even Earth at the thickest point on it’s four wings. It however is not as successful defensively, as it’s 3.5 grams lighter than the second mold of Earth. On the Grand wheel there are six “walls” and with every two walls there is a with gaps dividing them into three sections. Also, once every section there is a wall that small "indents" on the Metal Wheel. This creates recoil which is also why the Grand wheel is outclassed as opposed to Earth which generally has zero recoil. making it inferior to Earth who generally doesn't have any.

T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect it produces; like DF145 is also negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120. T125 has found uses in Attack and Survival customizations, due to it being mid-range height.

Use in Attack Customization:
T125 is an excellent alternative to the 145 track in the attack combination: MF Pegasis T125R2F. T125 is also used in the Gravity Perseus attack combination: MF Gravity Perseus T125R2F They are both excellent Smash Attack customizations.

WD145 features three “wings”. The wings are similar to that of ED145, with the only difference being that it cannot spin freely. The defensive capabilities of this part are outclassed by the track C145, as it does not absorb hits as successfully. Furthermore, it is easy for the low attacker’s Wheel to be caught between the Wheel and WD145, causing a lot of recoil and spin reduction in the process.

The purpose for purchasing this Beyblade should be this one part. The use of rubber and the friction it creates with the stadium floor does lower its Stamina, but RS is mainly used to counteract Attack customizations. It's high friction makes it difficult to be knocked out, making it excellent for defense. It should be noted however, that even though RS is an amazing defense bottom that like almost all of the other Sharp series bottoms, it has balance issues. However, it is still arguably the best legal defense bottom to date.

Use in Defense Customization:
RS can be put to use in the amazing top tier combination: MF-H Earth Bull 230RS.

Overall:The Grand wheel is decent, but is outclassed by Earth and Vulcan in Defense and Attack respectively. T125 is an interesting track, and should be chosen over the WD145 version. But the main reason for buying this Beyblade should be RS. It is perhaps one of the only reasons why defense is viable in the current metagame.

Every Beyblader should own at least one of this beyblade.

I used Zeox's article as a basic skeleton, then I fixed up some things I thought could use work on. Suggestions/comments/Criticism are welcome.

That's how I'd word it. Your call though.
The only edits of yours that I think were worthwhile were some of the ones in the RS section. Wasn't really diggin the other ones.
Just my opinion though. Smile
(Feb. 16, 2011  5:44 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Grand KetosT125/WD145RS

Note: Grand Ketos was originally obtained through Random Booster Vol. 5 Grand Ketos, where, instead of the conventional single "prize" Beyblade included in Random Boosters, TAKARA-TOMY included two versions. One came with T125 and a white Ketos, while the other version came with WD145 and a dark blue Ketos. Sonokong later released a starter of these Beyblades, which included a Light Launcher 2.

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Cetus, one of the 88 constellations in space. This Face represents the Whale.

This Clear Wheel is perfectly symmetrical. It shows two waves flowing on each side, going in opposite directions, with white whale tails shown on both ends.

Grand is an intriguing wheel; it's thicker than even Earth at the thickest point on its interconnected, smooth design. It however is not as successful defensively, as it is 3.5 grams lighter than the second mold of Earth. On the Grand wheel there are six “walls” and with every two walls there is a gap dividing them into three sections. In each section there is a wall with small textured indents; this creates some recoil which is never a plus for a Defensive oriented Wheel. Because of this, it does have some Smash Attack, but it is mediocre and is completely outclassed by the multitude of other great Attack-based Wheels available, such as Vulcan.

T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect it produces, like DF145, is also negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120 due to its versatility. T125 has use in Stamina customizations, and can also be used effectively in Attack customizations if CH120 is unavailable.

Use in Attack Customization

WD145 features three “wings”. The wings are similar to that of ED145, the only difference being that its wings cannot spin freely. The defensive capabilities of this part are outclassed in all areas by other Defensive Tracks, such as C145, GB145, and 230, as it does not absorb hits as successfully. Furthermore, it is easy for the low attacker’s Wheel to be caught between the Wheel and WD145, causing a lot of recoil and spin reduction in the process.

As its name suggests, RS is a sharp tip made of rubber, and with that, all of the problems sharp tips are known for, as well as the poor Stamina of rubber-based bottoms, are brought along with it. However, RS's primary purpose is to counteract Attack customizations. The high friction of the rubber, along with the lack of movement due to the sharp tip make it incredibly difficult to move, and thus, KO.

RS does seem to have difficulty sometimes outlasting left-spinning customs, but against right-spin Attack customs, despite it's poor balance and Stamina, it is able to effectively neutralize them.

Use in Defence Customization
RS can be put to use in the top-tier combination, MF-H Earth Bull 230RS.

Overall
Grand, while not a horrible Wheel, was still outclassed heavily by Earth and Vulcan in Defense and Attack respectively at the time of its release. T125 is an interesting Track, and should be chosen over the WD145 version. The main reason for buying this Beyblade should be for RS, arguably the best Defensive Bottom currently available. Every Beyblader should own at least one of this beyblade.

Made quite a few edits. This is good to go. Smile
Alright Kei, it's finished.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...25/WD145RS

Now it just needs to be on the "article updates" section on the main page.

EDIT: Also, sorry for the low quality of pictures, i'll be getting some from Pyro soon.
I edited the format of your article, like others in beywiki Joyful_2
(Feb. 19, 2011  5:28 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Alright Kei, it's finished.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...25/WD145RS

Now it just needs to be on the "article updates" section on the main page.

EDIT: Also, sorry for the low quality of pictures, i'll be getting some from Pyro soon.

All the pics except the Wheel ones are terrible, LOL. Probably better to have no pics at all than those anime ones, haha,
I know, ><
I'm just waiting on Pyro (or anybody else if they have a camera and would like to take pictures) to send me some.
Thanks Pocky!

Fixed a few more formatting issues, created a picture of both versions together for the BeyBox in the top right, and removed some of the gallery pictures. Hopefully someone can take some good pictures soon.