BB-113 Scythe Kronos T125EDS Draft

Fix whatever you see fit Smile
Quote:Face: Kronos

This Face depicts Kronos, the Greek God/Titan of agriculture and time, or Saturn in Roman terms, which was believed to be dwelling in the depths of Tartarus.

Clear Wheel: Kronos
-Weight: 2.63 Grams
-Diameter: 3.7 cm

Kronos was believed to carry a scythe, which explains the two scythe-shaped sides on the Clear Wheel. It is a translucent, dark-grey color. It was built for Stamina and performs relatively well in this domain, though slightly outclassed by other Clear Wheels such as Cancer and Cygnus.

Metal Wheel: Scythe

-Weight: 37.33 Grams
-Diameter: 4.9 cm

As a 4D Metal Wheel, Scythe has a mode-changing gimmick and has two pieces in its composition : a Core, which is the main piece of the Metal Wheel made of metal, and a PC Frame, which is positioned on top of the Core.

===PC Frame===
-Weight: 2.39 Grams

The color of this PC Frame is a translucent pale purple. Being able to counter opponents' attacks, this PC Frame is quite light. It is round and contains two small protruding wings on the side. In an overview, there are two tabs on the center of each wing that fit into the two slots on the Core’s top side. When this part is flipped, Scythe's mode is changed.

===Core===
Scythe is also comprised of a Core, which is very thin and wide. It is almost perfectly circular and has some sharp, square-shaped bumps on the top. There are rectangular-shaped slots to keep the PC frame fixed while in Attack Mode on top of its structure as well. Due to how round and relatively heavy this Metal Wheel is, its Stamina is nearly comparable to Wheels such as Phantom and Duo. In the shape of a disk, it is very thin, leading it to have minimum Metal Wheel contact, which helps to preserve Spin Velocity.

----
*'''Attack Mode:''' In this mode, the PC Frame is fixed and therefore serves to attack more than absorb shocks, since it is very accessible on top of the Core's flat, disk-like shape.
*'''Stamina Mode:''' When flipped, the PC Frame's tabs are not stuck in the Core’s holes anymore, so the only thing keeping it in place is the Clear Wheel, which only stops it from coming off the Beyblade entirely. Consequently, the PC Frame becomes free-spinning in this mode. Stickers applied on the small wings of the PC Frame also help identifying the different modes, just like with [[Poison Serpent SW145SD|SW145]].
----
The free-spinning Stamina Mode is superior to the Attack Mode, because the PC Frame, once shifted into Stamina Mode, is able to counter another Beyblade's attacks during a battle by absorbing a portion of the impact. Thus, it will have more high-speed spin velocity, and it could even steal spin from an opposing Beyblade to an extent, although never as well as Meteo L Drago with its rubber. However, those abilities are not quite comparable to Phantom and Duo's Defensive and Stamina skills, so Scythe should only be used if Synchrom Wheels and those two Metal Wheels are unavailable, as it is very outclassed.

===Use in Defense Combination===
With its wide and circular circumference, the BD145 Track is able to fit underneath Scythe snuggly. Matched with high Defense Bottoms, combos such as '''MF Scythe Kronos BD145CS''' can overcome some decent Attack customizations, but struggles to a large degree against top-tier Attack combos.

===Use In Stamina Customizations===
Scythe's round and wide shape, as well as its thinness, gives it impressive endurance, even against some Attack combinations. Customizations like '''MF Scythe Kronos BD145EDS''' are very close to being top-tier.

==Track: Tornado 125==
*'''Weight:''' 1.7 grams

T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect of downward force produced by this Track is highly negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120.

===Use in Attack Customization===
Although CH120 is considerably more versatile than T125, T125 can still be used to a moderate degree of effectiveness in '''MF Gravity Perseus T125R²F''' (Attack Version, Counter Mode). Metal Wheels that were released subsequently to Gravity and that do better in Attack, like VariAres and Blitz, can also perform well with T125 and other 125-height Tracks, however, the combination of Gravity and T125 is notable because Gravity cannot perform as well at any other height.

Bottom: Eternal Defense Sharp

-Weight: 1.13

EDS possesses notable Balance and Stamina thanks to the free-spinning Defense Sharp tip it has. This Bottom is extremely helpful for Stamina combos with a BD145 in Normal Mode. The interior of this Bottom consists of a small, metal bar that makes a sonic-like sound when it makes contact with the stadium floor because of the double friction created: the normal friction of the tip with the stadium floor, but also the slight friction of the metal rod with its plastic casing. With such contact and hover-like feature, it is able to keep great Balance, while preserving a high amount of Stamina during battle, which helps BD145 to avoid scraping the stadium floor. EDS is also taller than WD, but it wears down easily.

EDS' great Stamina and affinities with Tracks like BD145 make it a perfect Bottom for such top-tier Stamina combinations as '''MF Scythe Kronos BD145EDS'''.

===Faulty Productions===
EDS is notably known to have more faulty production molds compared to other Bottoms which incorporate similar free-spinning systems. There have been numerous reports which indicate that the metal shaft inside the casing was off-centered to a highly visible degree. These irregularities directly and noticeably affect its stamina performance. Some extreme cases will yield up to one to two minutes less in terms of Solo Spin tests. A sudden and mildly aggressive evasive movement upon contact before balancing itself is also a good indicator of the off-centered metal shaft.

Other Versions:
*Scythe Kronos T125EDS - Hasbro Metal Fury (Printed Face, blue Track and Bottom)
*Scythe Kronos T125EDS - Faceoff: Great Ring of Destruction (Blue Clear Wheel with silver highlights, blue Track and Bottom)

Overall:
Scythe Kronos is a Beyblade with an abundance of useful Stamina parts. The wide Metal Wheel, free-spinning PC frame and the function of the EDS Bottom are all great assets for a Stamina customization. Scythe Kronos can also endure Attacks well, but other Metal Wheels are much more decent at it. In general, Scythe Kronos T125EDS is, however, a second-tier choice, since it is outclassed by a couple of Metal Wheels, notably most Synchrom Wheels from Beyblade Zero-G, and [[Duo Uranus 230WD|Duo]]. Despite the considerable potential of Stamina in almost all of its parts, unfortunately '''there is little to no reason to own this Beyblade outside of collection purposes'''.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first edit was unnecessary in my opinion, since it was talking about the uncustomized combo itself.

But it can be talked about in a different sentence.
Quote:Mold Variation: Hasbro Metal Fury Version

Hasbro's Scythe in their Metal Fury release has, instead of a PC Frame, two sloped metal scythes molded onto the Metal Wheel. Similar to all other Metal Fury releases Scythe is hollowed out at the bottom, reducing its weight significantly. This weight reduction and the recoil formed from the scythes on the Metal Wheel weaken its use in Stamina and Defense purposes. As a result, it is outclassed by Metal Wheels like Duo and Phantom and not even useful for Hasbro bladers, other than for the EDS in this release, because of Hasbro's release of Hyperblades.

How would this be for a Hasbro section? Feel free to edit.
Quote:Mold Variation: Hasbro Metal Fury Version

Hasbro's Scythe in their Metal Fury release has two sloped metal scythes molded onto the Metal Wheel instead of a PC Frame. Similar to all other Metal Fury releases, Scythe is hollowed out at its bottom, reducing its weight significantly. This weight reduction and the recoil formed from the scythes on the Metal Wheel weaken its use for Stamina and Defense purposes. As a result, it is severely outclassed by Metal Wheels like Duo and Phantom, and not even particularly useful for bladers that only have access to Hasbro parts, excluding the EDS in this release, due to Hasbro's release of Hyperblades.
Fix whatever you think should be fixed Smile

Also, I'm American and I'm pretty sure in other areas, Kronos is also death, grim reaper, ect.
This becomes obvious when watching the tv episodes, but still... Just saying. Also, i'm a bit sketchy about him having to do with agriculture, cause aren't titans pretty bad in Greek/roman mythology? In that case idk why that if he helps with crops then why he's a Titan... Of course though I need to study more into this... But I'm pretty sure Kronos is death...

EDIT: About the hasbro version, you might want to include that hasbro is rereleasing it with 4d metal wheel, I know that it isn't confirmed yet but I might prepare to add that in, cause there's a good chance.
If it isn't confimed, then we really shouldn't add it. Although there's a good chance, Hasbro hasn't confirmed it yet.
Well, I'm just saying that you shouldn't add this to the Beywiki until we know everything about this beyblade. Scythe Kronos is a personal favorite of mine...
We can always change the article later if Hasbro does release it. There isn't really any point in holding back information from Beywiki readers just because we don't know some tiny detail about the Beyblade. The Hyperblade version only takes up one line in the entire article in the Other Versions section anyways.
what if there ends up being a significant weight difference? Takara's Bigbang wheel lighter than the hyperblade bigbang(cosmic) wheel! There might be a weight difference. Also, hasbro isn't putting in the iron pouder, even though it makes no difference it might be worth mentioning(?)! There may even be a significant mold variation for all we know! I just think it's a good idea to try and keep this (possible)upcoming release.
Where did you get that information? I thought that Hyperblades were the same molds and weights as their 4D equivalent. Also, we only should put facts, not speculation on Beywiki. Again, there is something called editing, so if something does come up, we can simply change it.
Eh, yes, I believe that Hasbro's Hyperblade Cosmic has got to be exactly the same weight as Big Bang, or slightly lighter actually ... Where did you even see a weight posted ? I do not recall seeing any data posted in the General Hasbro Topic.
(Feb. 09, 2013  4:42 AM)Mr. N Wrote: Where did you get that information? I thought that Hyperblades were the same molds and weights as their 4D equivalent. Also, we only should put facts, not speculation on Beywiki. Again, there is something called editing, so if something does come up, we can simply change it.
i didn't "find" the wright difference out. I got a scale and did a weight comparison. The hasbro hyperblade version of bigbang is heavier than the Takara ver. If you want me to posts images for proof i will try to later!

(Feb. 09, 2013  4:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Eh, yes, I believe that Hasbro's Hyperblade Cosmic has got to be exactly the same weight as Big Bang, or slightly lighter actually ... Where did you even see a weight posted ? I do not recall seeing any data posted in the General Hasbro Topic.
like i said, i weighed them myself. PLus i'm talking about the one that has the blue paint and the l drago has gold and green paint. LIke i said, if needed i'll do a weight comparison which either by image or video.
Yes please! I would like to see them. It's really interesting that your Cosmic is heavier than your Big Bang...
Here it is! Sorry that the TT image is bigger, i was having iphone-to-computer problems!
the hyperblades ver. overlaps the 5 just a bit more than the TT
... That is identical enough. You can tell that the reason is just the small extra paint coat.
(Feb. 11, 2013  4:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote: ... That is identical enough. You can tell that the reason is just the small extra paint coat.
i'll do another weight comparison when/if I get the hyperblade version without the paint... ANYWAY... sorry this thread got a bit off topic, i probably should've mentioned this on the hasbro discussion thread.
Alright then, does anyone have other suggestions ? We have worked enough on this draft, I think.

Quote:Face: Kronos

This Face depicts Kronos, the Greek God/Titan of agriculture and time, or Saturn in Roman terms, which was believed to be dwelling in the depths of Tartarus.

Clear Wheel: Kronos
-Weight: 2.63 Grams
-Diameter: 3.7 cm

Kronos was believed to carry a scythe, which explains the two scythe-shaped sides on the Clear Wheel. It is a translucent, dark-grey color. It was built for Stamina and performs relatively well in this domain, though slightly outclassed by other Clear Wheels such as Cancer and Cygnus.

Metal Wheel: Scythe

-Weight: 37.33 Grams
-Diameter: 4.9 cm

As a 4D Metal Wheel, Scythe has a mode-changing gimmick and has two pieces in its composition : a Core, which is the main piece of the Metal Wheel made of metal, and a PC Frame, which is positioned on top of the Core.

===PC Frame===
-Weight: 2.39 Grams

The color of this PC Frame is a translucent pale purple. Being able to counter opponents' attacks, this PC Frame is quite light. It is round and contains two small protruding wings on the side. In an overview, there are two tabs on the center of each wing that fit into the two slots on the Core’s top side. When this part is flipped, Scythe's mode is changed.

===Core===
Scythe is also comprised of a Core, which is very thin and wide. It is almost perfectly circular and has some sharp, square-shaped bumps on the top. There are rectangular-shaped slots to keep the PC frame fixed while in Attack Mode on top of its structure as well. Due to how round and relatively heavy this Metal Wheel is, its Stamina is nearly comparable to Wheels such as Phantom and Duo. In the shape of a disk, it is very thin, leading it to have minimum Metal Wheel contact, which helps to preserve Spin Velocity.

----
*'''Attack Mode:''' In this mode, the PC Frame is fixed and therefore serves to attack more than absorb shocks, since it is very accessible on top of the Core's flat, disk-like shape.
*'''Stamina Mode:''' When flipped, the PC Frame's tabs are not stuck in the Core’s holes anymore, so the only thing keeping it in place is the Clear Wheel, which only stops it from coming off the Beyblade entirely. Consequently, the PC Frame becomes free-spinning in this mode. Stickers applied on the small wings of the PC Frame also help identifying the different modes, just like with [[Poison Serpent SW145SD|SW145]].
----
The free-spinning Stamina Mode is superior to the Attack Mode, because the PC Frame, once shifted into Stamina Mode, is able to counter another Beyblade's attacks during a battle by absorbing a portion of the impact. Thus, it will have more high-speed spin velocity, and it could even steal spin from an opposing Beyblade to an extent, although never as well as Meteo L Drago with its rubber. However, those abilities are not quite comparable to Phantom and Duo's Defensive and Stamina skills, so Scythe should only be used if Synchrom Wheels and those two Metal Wheels are unavailable, as it is very outclassed.

===Use in Defense Combination===
With its wide and circular circumference, the BD145 Track is able to fit underneath Scythe snuggly. Matched with high Defense Bottoms, combos such as '''MF Scythe Kronos BD145CS''' can overcome some decent Attack customizations, but struggles to a large degree against top-tier Attack combos.

Scythe's round and wide shape, as well as its thinness, gives it impressive endurance, even against some Attack combinations. Customizations like '''MF Scythe Kronos BD145EDS''' are very close to being top-tier.

===Mold Variation: Hasbro Metal Fury Version===
Hasbro's Scythe in their Metal Fury release has two sloped metal scythes molded onto the Metal Wheel instead of a PC Frame. Similar to all other Metal Fury releases, Scythe is hollowed out at its bottom, reducing its weight significantly. This weight reduction and the Recoil formed from the scythes on the Metal Wheel weaken its use for Stamina and Defense purposes. As a result, it is severely outclassed by Metal Wheels like Duo and Phantom, and it is not even particularly useful for Bladers that only have access to Hasbro parts, excluding the EDS in this release, due to Hasbro's release of Hyperblades.

==Track: Tornado 125==
*'''Weight:''' 1.7 grams

T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect of downward force produced by this Track is highly negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120.

===Use in Attack Customization===
Although CH120 is considerably more versatile than T125, T125 can still be used to a moderate degree of effectiveness in '''MF Gravity Perseus T125R²F''' (Attack Version, Counter Mode). Metal Wheels that were released subsequently to Gravity and that do better in Attack, like VariAres and Blitz, can also perform well with T125 and other 125-height Tracks, however, the combination of Gravity and T125 is notable because Gravity cannot perform as well at any other height.

Bottom: Eternal Defense Sharp

-Weight: 1.13

EDS possesses notable Balance and Stamina thanks to the free-spinning Defense Sharp tip it has. This Bottom is extremely helpful for Stamina combos with a BD145 in Normal Mode. The interior of this Bottom consists of a small, metal bar that makes a sonic-like sound when it makes contact with the stadium floor because of the double friction created: the normal friction of the tip with the stadium floor, but also the slight friction of the metal rod with its plastic casing. With such contact and hover-like feature, it is able to keep great Balance, while preserving a high amount of Stamina during battle, which helps BD145 to avoid scraping the stadium floor. EDS is also taller than WD, but it wears down easily.

EDS' great Stamina and affinities with Tracks like BD145 make it a perfect Bottom for such top-tier Stamina combinations as '''MF Scythe Kronos BD145EDS'''.

===Faulty Productions===
EDS is notably known to have more faulty production molds compared to other Bottoms which incorporate similar free-spinning systems. There have been numerous reports which indicate that the metal shaft inside the casing was off-centered to a highly visible degree. These irregularities directly and noticeably affect its stamina performance. Some extreme cases will yield up to one to two minutes less in terms of Solo Spin tests. A sudden and mildly aggressive evasive movement upon contact before balancing itself is also a good indicator of the off-centered metal shaft.

Other Versions:
*Scythe Kronos T125EDS - Hasbro Metal Fury (Printed Face, blue Track and Bottom)
*Scythe Kronos T125EDS - Faceoff: Great Ring of Destruction (Blue Clear Wheel with silver highlights, blue Track and Bottom)

Overall:
Scythe Kronos is a Beyblade with an abundance of useful Stamina parts. The wide Metal Wheel, free-spinning PC frame and the function of the EDS Bottom are all great assets for a Stamina customization. Scythe Kronos can also endure Attacks well, but other Metal Wheels perform Defense much more effectively. In general, Scythe Kronos T125EDS is, however, a second-tier choice, since it is outclassed by a couple of Metal Wheels, notably most Synchrom Wheels from Beyblade Zero-G, and [[Duo Uranus 230WD|Duo]]. Despite the considerable potential of Stamina in almost all of its parts, unfortunately '''there is little to no reason to own this Beyblade outside of collection purposes'''.
Change the "are much more decent at it" bit in the overall. It sounds bad.
OK, how about this then ? And is there anything else ?
Would it be worth mentioning breakages for the PC Frame ? I've had two of mine crack, and I believe the breakages occur when in Attack Mode. It does get off the indents and then bends, assuming that's the point when it cracks ..
It does seem like a fragile part that would break easily, but I have not really heard of other break stories regarding it.
I think it should be mention Scythe can be utilized in the combo MF Scythe Cancer 105D
Never heard of that combo. Only notable things should be mentioned.
Pretty good combo. I think it should be tested
I know its outclassed but still for the members who cannot get their hands on better parts.
How about Scythe kronos 230d as a use in stamina customization?