B:D Discussion

Hm? To me or Dan? It is almost the exact size of 230, I really don't care much about the extra micrometers involved.

Dan

Just saw your Earth B:D request, it is sad that it did bad in the OP; hopefully it does better with your request..
It's not the same because 230 requires a Bottom to be attached to it, which easily adds at least 10mm.
Oh, sorry for my way of saying it, very sorry. I meant in general size of a 230 alone, I should've mentioned that.
I don't see that written in the OP, point it out for me haha.
I meant the solo-times, Basalt is low, but that was on CS..
I was responding to this:
(Sep. 23, 2011  1:02 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Just saw your Earth BGrin request, it is sad that it did bad in the OP; hopefully it does better with your request..
sorry if i confused ya there. lol. Yeah i dont see that written in OP.
I just mistook what I meant, as everyone does say "they do not matter", the Solo's were incredibly low for Earth on B:D, actually:

Pcyborg, do you have any observation why that is?
Dan
I ll re org the format once I get home.

@BBS
Although I mentioned B: D in general is pretty resistant, the exception is with Scythe. It performs rather badly due to being forced smash. The cw was grinding under the opposing mw. Cw selection may be important for its suitability. Other than that, defensive traits were shown when B: D tilt completely to the extent that the tip is resting on the stadium surface by it side. Basically the tip on whole stops moving.

As for solo spin times, those need to be re taken eventually.

Earth B: D was solo spin time. Not battle tests. For its low time, no idea. I'll be re doing all the tests for spin time again once I can see that the B: D has broken in.
So guys i was trying out orion when i came across this combos
Variares d125mf (right) vs Fang Leone BD (counter)
There was one point in the battle where bd was knocked back and had movement while tilted while variares came at the tilted side and both went flying. Just goes to show that BD could be used as a counter attacker.
Galaxy Jay: I'm fairly certain that it's VariAres' own recoil that's causing that, instead of BGrin counter attacking.
This i interesting, but it may not be the same for an Takara Tomy ATK stadium. I do not a Fang leone or a Phantom Orion (well not yet) otherwise I would contribute.
Perhaps BBP, Screw? Letme try.
Im getting similar results with BBP upper mode and screw unicorno d125mf.
BBP and Fang jumped (walls stopped it from ko) and screw was tossed into a corner while bd was able to ajust nowhere near the tornado ridge. Just some stuff i found cool
Testing against something low would be good. I'm covering the tall beys first before trying out low height ones.

Low track attackers/Stamina battles will be carried out soon.
I did with Screw and BBP, but I got to thinking that it might be smash attacks, so I got my LLD. OH GOD! That thing was evenly matched with Phantom Orion (Attack Mode) GB145D! SO can anyone try smash attackers on BD?
(Sep. 21, 2011  8:39 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: MF-L Meteo L Drago (Absorb) B:D vs MF Basalt Kerbex 230 CS

MF-L Meteo L Drago (Absorb) B:D vs MF Basalt Kerbex BD145 CS

MF PHANTOM ORION B:D(STAMINA) vs MF BASALT KERBEX TH170 CS

MF-L PHANTOM ORION B:D(STAMINA) vs MF SCYTHE HOLOGIUM BD145 EDS (FREE SPINNING)

MF Phantom Orion B:D VS MF Basalt Kerbex BD145CS (semi aggro)

These results are particularly interesting to me.

MF Phantom Orion B:D destroys Scythe, but sucks against Basalt.
Whereas Meteo does really well against Basalt.

Hoping for better overall win percentages with Flame or Earth; recoil seems to be a problem.

Later, people should get to doing B:D vs B:D tests with multiple Metal Wheels
It is probably because of the Phantom Wheel itself, but it didn't really "suck" that much against Basalt.
Yeah it really did.

35% against TH170 and 25% against BD145.
Oh, hah I was just looking at the first test with Phantom Orion, yes then you are right about that. I think it's all in the weight.
Lol B:D is mediocre at best.
Somehow, I'm not surprised at all.
It needs a lot more testing before we can say anything about how good it is.
Flipping the wheel matters for the test. Attack Mode generates more recoil when hit from the side and the top. This just kills it though.

Stamina mode is able to take hits and maintain spin, even though the design is actually more rigid aesthetically. I'm sticking to Stamina mode for most unless there is a need for attack.

As for B: D vs B: D, just shoot em away. I have two of em anyway.

Raigeko13
I'm still trying to see if wearing down the part actually makes a difference. Unlike other parts, Bearings actually does make a huge difference when out of box and broken in.
(Sep. 23, 2011  4:15 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: As for B: D vs B: D, just shoot em away. I have two of em anyway.

oh, kid in the candy shop moment:

Scythe vs Basalt

Scythe vs Phantom

Scythe vs Earth

Scythe vs Flame

Basalt vs Phantom

Basalt vs Earth

Basalt vs Flame

Phantom vs Earth

Phantom vs Flame

Earth vs Flame

Yep I believe that's all. A lot, but just a checklist basically. Go at your own pace, I'm in no rush and I don't necessarily need these done before other requests.
I'd like you to try solo spin it in a wide square stadium to see wether or not it improves the solo spin time =due to different stadium angles.
It looks like mine will arrive in about 2 weeks then. I'm so curios.
(Sep. 23, 2011  7:50 AM)Tyler Le Wrote: I'd like you to try solo spin it in a wide square stadium to see wether or not it improves the solo spin time =due to different stadium angles.
It looks like mine will arrive in about 2 weeks then. I'm so curios.
Should not be the case. There is already minimal contact on standard attack for the solo spin time test (balancing on the sharp point.) Wide Square is actually con caved in as well so it should not make much of a difference.

If you want absolute minimal contact, I believe a completely straight flat surface would be the best.
No not in miinimal point. I just try to see if the tip stops in the WS one, will the bey last longer.
It seems to me that the tip stops in an Atk Stadium the bey just spinning for couple of second than stop.
But hey, try it on a flat surface is not a bad idea at all