Avatar: The Last Airbender (SPOILERS IN HERE)

Gotruto Wrote:I'm not a huge fan, but i watch it if i see it on, and yes the finale was awesome. Even though i knew he wasnt going to finsh him off in his Avatar form, its sort of predictable, since just about every Anime does the same thing like that. (They are about to win using some sort of form, then they transform back, not to mention its a childrens show)
ya if it was like 16 year olds show he would kill him
No he wouldn't.

Aang is a monk. Aang has been taught all of his life to respect all life and to solve all conflicts without killing anything. If he had killed Ozai, it would've undermined the very foundation of the story of Avatar (which is that war and killing are terrible things).
(Jul. 28, 2008  5:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: No he wouldn't.

Aang is a monk. Aang has been taught all of his life to respect all life and to solve all conflicts without killing anything. If he had killed Ozai, it would've undermined the very foundation of the story of Avatar (which is that war and killing are terrible things).

One of the previous Avatars killed an Earth king though. I think if Ozai was enough of a threat, Aang would have had to put an end to his life. Thats just my opinion though
(Aug. 07, 2008  6:57 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2008  5:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: No he wouldn't.

One of the previous Avatars killed an Earth king though. I think if Ozai was enough of a threat, Aang would have had to put an end to his life. Thats just my opinion though

Kiyoshi? She was not a monk.
I know, but they still had the same code of honour, and they are technically the same person. Also, when Aang is in the Avatar state, he becomes very unpredictable
(Aug. 07, 2008  7:25 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: I know, but they still had the same code of honour, and they are technically the same person. Also, when Aang is in the Avatar state, he becomes very unpredictable

No each avatar has their own personality. Aang was RAISED as a monk. It's the whole Nature V.s. Nurture debate. Aang was NURTURED to be non-violent whenever possible. Kiyoshi wasn't. That being said you are correct I believe the Avatar nature is that of being for the people. They Embody Hope and Peace not murder.
(Aug. 07, 2008  7:32 PM)Train Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2008  7:25 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: I know, but they still had the same code of honour, and they are technically the same person. Also, when Aang is in the Avatar state, he becomes very unpredictable

No each avatar has their own personality. Aang was RAISED as a monk. It's the whole Nature V.s. Nurture debate. Aang was NURTURED to be non-violent whenever possible. Kiyoshi wasn't. That being said you are correct I believe the Avatar nature is that of being for the people. They Embody Hope and Peace not murder.

Yeah, true Joyful_3
And in the end I guess Aang did find a non-fatal way to stop Ozai.
so who liked Avatar: Sozin's Comet?
deffinately will be a new season because zuko has to find his mom. and it ended with Ang and Katara making out!!!!
(Aug. 22, 2008  5:38 AM)rockblade2012 Wrote: so who liked Avatar: Sozin's Comet?
deffinately will be a new season because zuko has to find his mom. and it ended with Ang and Katara making out!!!!

Kissing != Making Out

Also, there will NOT be a new season. There are three one-hour specials coming.
IMO, the whole "Aang and Katara" thing was bound to happen. It's a shame there won't be any new seasons though. Unhappy
I loved the last episode man, the fight seen between them both was pretty sweet and when he went into his avatar sprit and had all the elements surrounding him that was great. I was surprise when i found out that avatar was not from japan, I give america its props on making such a good cartoon.
(Aug. 29, 2008  5:54 AM)Dranzer206 Wrote: I loved the last episode man, the fight seen between them both was pretty sweet and when he went into his avatar sprit and had all the elements surrounding him that was great. I was surprise when i found out that avatar was not from japan, I give america its props on making such a good cartoon.

japan makes just as many, if not more, carp cartoons than america does
That is true on some of japan animes but for the most part I like most of th ones they make.
You like most of the ones YOU see. There are plenty more, trust me.
MAN I DUNNO HOW I haven't posted here.
that finale was among the best I ever watched. special mention goes to when azula and zuko fight with only Soundfx, sweett.

^Brad I agree, I used to think other wise, but these days I am well sick of anime's forumale.
Chozenblader is on the money. LOL
And now M Night is directing the Live Action Avatar movie........WHAT A TWIST!!!!
Aang bent the fifth element! He bent spirit energy. I did NOT see that coming. Also digging the order of the White Lotus.
Yeah, you're right, that was a surprise. Anybody know when the 3 feature lengths are due to air... or if I've already missed them?
At the end, where was his mom?? The 1st time I watched it I thought I missed it. The 2nd time I was like WTF.

Did I miss something lol
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:51 AM)-WOLF- Wrote: At the end, where was his mom?? The 1st time I watched it I thought I missed it. The 2nd time I was like WTF.

Did I miss something lol

This will be covered in the upcoming specials.
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/12/s...rbender%27

Long story short, Avatar, a show that has no white people at all in its entirety, is having an all-white principle cast for its live action movie.
LOL Jesse McCartney? Shyamalon? This movie is going to be carp for sure.
AUGH WHY CAN'T THEY USE ZUKO'S VA FOR THE MOVIE, HE;D BE PERFECT