[Australia] Australian Members: Check in!

Does it really matter if the physical stores have no stock? I mean, is this just an issue for the "publicity" of the game (therefore downturn in tournaments) or is it more to do with people having no access to credit cards for online purchases?

On that last point; what do you suppose the average age is of bladers in the Melbourne scene these days? Too young for credit/debit cards?
It's both. For us, most relevant is the lack of publicity - no source of new members, at least not at the rate we lose them through loss of interest etc, especially with no new releases from either company to keep them interested.

The lack of Credit/Debit cards doesn't help and yes, most people are too young for them (though things are slowly getting better with parents getting used to online shopping and back in the day those of us who had access would occasionally middleman for people pro bono).
i live in near melbourne and it would be my first tournament so PLEASE make one there and if you decide to please message me about it i would be so grateful Stupid

Stupid i live near melbourne so please if you or anyone is hosting a tournament in melbourne or near it please message me Smile
Hi new to the forum, I'm from gippsland Vic, any tournaments happening around Vic
LOOKING TO START AN AUSTRALIAN BEYBLADE LEAGUE, PM ME THOSE INTERESTED, THIS WILL BE INTERSTATE !!!
I'm david and I'm new to this web site but i want to play some beyblade I'm from sydney and am ready to start a tournament asap
*blows dust on this thread*

Hey, Aussie Bladers. In the words of Kivat... WAKE UP!
I was looking at going to a tourney for a bit of fun. Haven't been to one in years. But it looks like the Australian scene is dead. If someone could host in melbourne that'd be nice.
Well, seeing as I've just bought some burst stuff, may as-well dust of my older stuff. I would attempt to hold one soon, but Uni is allot of work. Let me look up when this semester finishes for me, and Ill start organising a tournament for then, probably be a good way to relax after all the stuff I'll have done.
Even if it's a simple WBO meet-up, I'm down. Burst needs that hype-up.
(Aug. 27, 2015  11:01 AM)Giraton Wrote: Well, seeing as I've just bought some burst stuff, may as-well dust of my older stuff. I would attempt to hold one soon, but Uni is allot of work. Let me look up when this semester finishes for me, and Ill start organising a tournament for then, probably be a good way to relax after all the stuff I'll have done.

Are you in melbourne?
(Aug. 28, 2015  7:39 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2015  11:01 AM)Giraton Wrote: Well, seeing as I've just bought some burst stuff, may as-well dust of my older stuff. I would attempt to hold one soon, but Uni is allot of work. Let me look up when this semester finishes for me, and Ill start organising a tournament for then, probably be a good way to relax after all the stuff I'll have done.

Are you in melbourne?
Yes siree, attempted to hold tournaments before, only to fail due to lack of players.
(Aug. 28, 2015  8:19 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  7:39 AM)sucks Wrote:

Are you in melbourne?
Yes siree, attempted to hold tournaments before, only to fail due to lack of players.

Oh yeah. Pretty sure I saw you at tournaments I went to a few years back. Old username pikabattler?
Two other Melbourne Bladers? I think we should converge somewhere and have a lunch battle. Discuss what we would need to do about creating exposure for the WBO. Maybe even plan out an event to do such a thing.

I currently work at a venue that has an upstairs room for functions. If things look good, I could organise to run something up there. Joyful_3
(Aug. 28, 2015  9:32 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  8:19 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  7:39 AM)sucks Wrote: Are you in melbourne?

Oh yeah. Pretty sure I saw you at tournaments I went to a few years back. Old username pikabattler?

Yes....Not proud of that name. Still have the plush pikachu though.

(Aug. 28, 2015  12:58 PM)Furyo Wrote: Two other Melbourne Bladers? I think we should converge somewhere and have a lunch battle. Discuss what we would need to do about creating exposure for the WBO. Maybe even plan out an event to do such a thing.

I currently work at a venue that has an upstairs room for functions. If things look good, I could organise to run something up there. Joyful_3

I know Chaos Blader on Facebook and I know he is still somewhat interested in the game, aswell as a few others who attempted to join my latest attempt at a tournament, but that sounds like a really good idea.
(Aug. 28, 2015  2:39 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  9:32 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  8:19 AM)Giraton Wrote: Yes siree, attempted to hold tournaments before, only to fail due to lack of players.

Yes....Not proud of that name. Still have the plush pikachu though.

(Aug. 28, 2015  12:58 PM)Furyo Wrote: Two other Melbourne Bladers? I think we should converge somewhere and have a lunch battle. Discuss what we would need to do about creating exposure for the WBO. Maybe even plan out an event to do such a thing.

I know Chaos Blader on Facebook and I know he is still somewhat interested in the game, aswell as a few others who attempted to join my latest attempt at a tournament, but that sounds like a really good idea.

Awesome. How are we on the Burst front of beys? The only MFB beys I have are Hasbro versions, but I am getting a Start Dash Set and a Spriggan Spread Fusion.
(Aug. 28, 2015  2:52 PM)Furyo Wrote: Awesome. How are we on the Burst front of beys? The only MFB beys I have are Hasbro versions, but I am getting a Start Dash Set and a Spriggan Spread Fusion.

I've got a DeathScyther in the mail should be coming in on monday, aswell as a stadium.
(Aug. 28, 2015  3:42 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  2:52 PM)Furyo Wrote: Awesome. How are we on the Burst front of beys? The only MFB beys I have are Hasbro versions, but I am getting a Start Dash Set and a Spriggan Spread Fusion.

I've got a DeathScyther in the mail should be coming in on monday, aswell as a stadium.

Sweet! I might look into building up the collection before running anything. Gotta give everyone attending an equal shot at getting something unique.
I haven't bladed in years. I've just been thinking about grabbing one through the mail if beyblade is still a thing in Melbourne. I think my mfbs are still lying around somewhere but I'd probably just be starting a-fresh. I'd be down for lunch battles
(Aug. 28, 2015  4:33 PM)sucks Wrote: I haven't bladed in years. I've just been thinking about grabbing one through the mail if beyblade is still a thing in Melbourne. I think my mfbs are still lying around somewhere but I'd probably just be starting a-fresh. I'd be down for lunch battles

Me neither, but I've never been in anything official either. Definitely look into acquiring your first few Burst beys. The new line is sure to get more people excited!
(Aug. 28, 2015  4:52 PM)Furyo Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  4:33 PM)sucks Wrote: I haven't bladed in years. I've just been thinking about grabbing one through the mail if beyblade is still a thing in Melbourne. I think my mfbs are still lying around somewhere but I'd probably just be starting a-fresh. I'd be down for lunch battles

Me neither, but I've never been in anything official either. Definitely look into acquiring your first few Burst beys. The new line is sure to get more people excited!

Yeah but i haven't been keeping up to date on them. Got no idea which ones are worth getting haha
(Aug. 28, 2015  5:01 PM)sucks Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  4:52 PM)Furyo Wrote:

Yeah but i haven't been keeping up to date on them. Got no idea which ones are worth getting haha

I'd just buy them one by one and do my own testing, since it's still too early on in the line and we haven't gotten the majority of layers, disks and drivers for definitive winning combos. Though, X Heavy Accel is the most prominent so far.

Guys, I might suggest that we start a thread for the Melbourne Lunch Battles, so we don't take up this thread's space. :3
(Aug. 28, 2015  7:02 PM)Furyo Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  5:01 PM)sucks Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2015  4:52 PM)Furyo Wrote: Me neither, but I've never been in anything official either. Definitely look into acquiring your first few Burst beys. The new line is sure to get more people excited!

I'd just buy them one by one and do my own testing, since it's still too early on in the line and we haven't gotten the majority of layers, disks and drivers for definitive winning combos. Though, X Heavy Accel is the most prominent so far.

Guys, I might suggest that we start a thread for the Melbourne Lunch Battles, so we don't take up this thread's space. :3

Yeah I'll probably do that. And I second this idea