[Austin, Texas, USA] The Cold War 12.30.11

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey, guys! I'm back with another Austin tournament. This time, I hope there will be more attendees than the last tourney. So here is a quick description of the tournament...

Name: The Cold War (no pun intendid)

Date: December 30th, 2011- I chose this day because this is when people are coming home from winter vacation and are getting ready for the New Year. Be sure to be there by 3pm, because we'll be starting 10-15 minutes afterward.

Venue/Place: Zilker Park (in downtown Austin)
• There are multiple playscapes and a train for younger children who are not participating in the tournament.
• In case it rains, there is pavilion that we can still battle under.
• If you're hungry, there are food shacks! Yay, FOOD!
• There is no admission required to get into the park.
• BRING A JACKET BECUASE IT WILL BE COLD, MAYBE BE WINDY, AND MAYBE RAIN!
• WE WILL BE MEETING AT THE PAVILION ACROSS FROM THE TRAIN STATION, LIKE LAST TIME! Here's a map if you need one: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=co...0648831302.

Expected Turnout: I estimate that around 15 people will come. I REALLY hope that more people will come than last time. The pavilion can cover at least 25 people -- add a few, take a few -- so we're good if it rains. Remember that the more people we have, the more stadiums we need to make it run fast and smooth!

Confirmed Attendees: (* means that person is going to make an account)
1. JAM20100511 (bringing a TT Attack Stadium)
2. Beyblader51
3. ldragorush48
4. MatteoBlade
5. clix98
6. tylertk
7. coreybeymaster
8. beymaster78
9. ebdrummer
10. Justustify
11. beymasternwb
12. reggie yi
13. fluffnugget (probably)

"Maybe" Attendees:
1. broughboys
2. Justustify's friend*
3. Justustify's friend*
4. Justustify's brother*

Format: If we get a minimal amount (x < 12 people) of people, it will be best to do a Round Robin style Format. That went pretty well last time. If we get 12+ people, we'll swtich to a Round Robin Block style format. I've seen both formats in play, so I know what to do.
• EDIT: We are now officially switching to the Round RObin Block Format because we have the minimal amount of 12 people for that format!

Stadiums: I, myself, have a Takara Tomy Attack stadium and a Hasbro stadium. You can bring all the stadiums you like, but we can only use the legal Takara Tomy stadiums! If you have a TT stadium and wonder if it passes, contact Kai-V, give her a brief description of your stadium, and let her decide. If you want to support us and get one yourself, here's a link to a good stadium (the one I have): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Attack-...1e68b45a51

Prizes: I just finished working on a Boy Scout requirement (I'm not kidding) and I saved half of the $50 I intended to earn. So I will buy the prizes with $25 (and maybe a bit more) to spend. I hope I can buy some Takara Tomy Blades, but we'll see on the costs and stuff like that. I'm planning to get 3 Blades (one for each place). First place gets first pick, and so on. But if we get more people, I will increase the prizes! If you have prizes (preferably new), please contact me. I'm gonna leave the prizes a mystery, though...

EDIT: I have bought all 3 prizes. We don't really need any more. Grin

Fee: There is no fee to get into the park, but there is a fee for the WBO. The fee is $5, unless you have a Blader's Passport (free admission). If you say you have one, I will personally check for it, so don't lie!

PROMO CARDS: A lot of you guys said that you need some more info on these. Well, Promo Cards are WBO official card that you can pass on to other bladers that don't know about the WBO! Check out this thread if you want a full description: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Prom...ution-done.[/i] If you want some, tell me you guys' address, city,a and state in which you live. Then, I'll tell the Area Representative to send me few more so I can send some to you guys!

Other Info: First, tell your Bladin' friends about this epic tourney. If they don't have an account, show them how to make one, or have them make one at the tourney. Bring jacket, please! It will be cold (it is a cold war). If you bring a stadium, it may be good if you bring a large blanket to cushion beys that get knocked out of the arena. I am just a dude wanting to bring some Beyblade epicness to Austin during the winter break. Last time, we had an uber time, but couldn't share it with others because we only had 8 people. Let's make it REALLY GOOD! As in like, good enough to be better then good. Never mind.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Do you guys want some Promo Cards to recruit Austin Bladers?

Yes!
53.33%
No
13.33%
Need more info on them first...
33.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
(Dec. 28, 2011  6:40 AM)reggie yi Wrote: Since if I do go to this tournament, this will be my first tournament, where in the park is it, and can you use TT light launchers or only hasbro launchers
I think you can use any type of launcher that iz not modified or changed in any way except for stickers, stickers are awesome JK (i hate stickers)
(Dec. 28, 2011  6:40 AM)reggie yi Wrote: Since if I do go to this tournament, this will be my first tournament, where in the park is it, and can you use TT light launchers or only hasbro launchers
Hello! Glad you may be able to participate in your first tournament! And yse, you can use any launcher as long as it was licensed/made by Hasbro, Sonokong, or Takara Tomy. I'm sorry if I didn't mention it in the OP, but we'll be meeting accross from the train station and battling near there.
If you can use TT or SK launchers then I take it you can use parts from those beys too
Hey guys, the real TheFalling is here. Umm, my freind told me that there was an Austin Tournament so I can join its possible. Justustify, your brother said "I don't want an account put me on the Confirmed." Just put 1Keatonc he is making an account currently.
IIRC, you have to be a WBO member to participate in a Official WBO Tournament...
Well, He tryed but couldn't so he will just watch.
Hey also are we allowed to switch beys during the tournament?

Dude, Justustify's friends=TheFalling but my brother failed to make an account.

Can we switch bets and use TT bets
Can we switch beys and use TT beys
Justustify: Sorry about your bro. If he wants to, though, I know 1 or 2 people who have internet on their phones and we can make an account for him, if he wants.

ALL: The rule is... YOU CAN SWITCH BEYS DURING THE TOURNAMENT BUT NOT WITHIN A BEYBETTLE!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE RULEBOOK! Every single question asked was answered through the rulebook! Here's a link: http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

reggie yi: Just read the rulebook in the link above and the question about TT Beys will be answered...
Hey guys update on Justustify: He won't be able to use his computer because its to slow but could you make my little brother an account I have no idea if this is allowed. I will do the talking for Justustify but my bro wants an account just for the tournament like a temporary. The only thing is that my warning rate is 90% because I've done some really dumb things here. So I try to read not post.
(Dec. 29, 2011  2:58 AM)TheFalling Wrote: Hey guys update on Justustify: He won't be able to use his computer because its to slow but could you make my little brother an account I have no idea if this is allowed. I will do the talking for Justustify but my bro wants an account just for the tournament like a temporary. The only thing is that my warning rate is 90% because I've done some really dumb things here. So I try to read not post.
Do you mean make an account for Justustify, or his brother, or your brother? So are both your brother AND Justustify's brother participating? And they can both make an account AT THE TOURNEY! No rush! If you are in a hurry, I'll ask Kai-V about making an account for someone else.
Justustify has been suspended for seven days. He is lying if he says that it is just because his computer is too slow.

So TheFalling, it really is you then, and not a "friend" who got that account from you with such a high warning level to begin with, as you were telling earlier ?

Damn liars, you are so stupid.
Whoa. Slow down. Is TheFalling lying? Is he the real dude or Justustify's dro using his account? And what about Justustify? What's up with him? I'm kinda confused about who's real, who's faking, etc. Can you tell be who to delete from my list of attendees?
TheFalling has apparently been lying about who he was in the last few days. As you can see on the first page, he said that he was a friend of whoever had created that account ("TheFalling") and that he was given that account but with the ninety-percent warning level as a negative bonus.
Now, TheFalling clearly just said that it was his own actions that caused the ninety-percent warning level, so it was obviously him all along. Personally, I would not allow him at your tournament, because he is essentially banned at this point.

As for Justustify, he has been another blatant liar through private messages, and frankly Justustify and TheFalling might as well be the same person.
So, with your authority, could I officially ban them from this tournament, or should the commitee decide on that? I that was what I was suspecting, since Justustify left, and TheFalling is now the one doing all the work! I wonder what their intentions were, though. What were they planning, or should I say, he?
Hey dude sorry but i cant come anymore but hope the tournament goes well
Itz because some really ergent stuff came up once again SORRY Crying
Bump.

TJ+Leone, if you aren't coming, what about your cousins?
You banned my freind Justustify. He does lie a lot really. But he does take the consequences from what I have seen. But just think about it.
I'm sorry, but Kai-V and I have decided that you, TheFalling, are not allowed to come to the tournament. And the same for Justustify. If you don't believe me, contact Kai-V herself. You guys have been pulling some kind of prank lately, and Kai-V believes you guys are lying. TheFalling, it was you all along, wasn't it? It wasn't Justustify's brother. And then again, I think that you and Justustify are the same person. Justustify doesn't have a slow computer. If he did, he would come over and use yours. Amm I right?
ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! : The third prize will probably not get here on time. If you end up choosing it, please tell me your name and address, and I'll ship it to you, and the shipping's on me!
Justustify and TheFalling:
Okay. You guys are allowed to go. But at the tourney, I'll need some info on what you guys were up to. I don't know how Kai-V concluded that you guys were lying, but at the tourney, I'll need some quesions answered.
Bump.
JAM20100511, you cannot 'bump' any topic outside of the Bey Marketplace forum, and even there, it can only be at most every forty-eight hours.

Also, just trust me : Justustify and TheFalling both lied heavily, and in the former's case it is not necessarily your business, so there are no relevant questions you could ask them/him ...
Oh, ok. I searched through the WBO to see if there were any rules about "bumping" but there were no results.

nope sorry if i cant go they mostly-likely cant either mostly because im there ride but yea i cant come
Hey. Everything's okay, dude. No pressure. Hope your "urgent stuff" turns out good! Maybe you can come next time, then!
Hey, guys! Hope everyone had a blast at the tourney! Here's a list of people who actually showed up:
- JAM20100511
- Beyblader51
- beymaster78
- clix98
- clawna365
- Angeloman217
- coreybeymaster
- tylertk
- beymasternwb
- ldragorush48
- ebdrummer
- reggie yi
- Justustify
- theguyaboveyou
- manpro10 (He might switch to 1Keatonc, since "manpro10" seems to be missing from the Member List. 1Keatonc was the origianal account for him anyway.