Attitudes

(Aug. 07, 2010  5:34 AM)Extic Wrote: Ah, I hadn't really thought of that either. But I've found that information on this site is rather easy to find, explaining why I hadn't really thought of that as a problem.
I can imagine that that could become irritating, but I still don't see it as a cause of frustration.

We've had a bit of a crackdown on pointless speculation in recent times. However, a look through an older article will show you what I mean.

(Aug. 07, 2010  5:34 AM)Extic Wrote: I'm not really tech savvy, but I think some of that could be solved by having the ability to completely remove posts on the site, rather than just having them be edited by moderators. I don't know if that's an option, though. Pinching_eyes

Moderators can delete posts, however they leave them up as a reminder of what not to do (I think...)
(Aug. 07, 2010  5:42 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: We've had a bit of a crackdown on pointless speculation in recent times. However, a look through an older article will show you what I mean.
You are indeed correct, I've noticed the crackdown on pointless speculation in some of the newer topics, heh. Joyful_2

But, as long as the most important information is edited into the original post, I think it'll remain easy to find the important information on any subjects.

Although, I'm not by any means suggesting any kind of change be made to the current rules, heh. Tongue_out

(Aug. 07, 2010  5:42 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Moderators can delete posts, however they leave them up as a reminder of what not to do (I think...)
Ah, then that prevents any kind of situation I was thinking of from happening. I was thinking things could get too cluttered, and that not removing the posts would be a problem. Speechless
This is my last post in this thread towards you Extic.

Until you stay here longer than a week or two, do not judge the rest of us for what happens. Many of us were like you when we first joined but after being here for a while and then we notice like 10 threads closed daily; it gets frustrating. You can sit here and argue with us all you want and tell us how using the report button magically makes problems go away but it's not going to work.

The problem with this situation is that you are a new user yourself. Regardless of whether these sort of problems affect you in anyway, you have not been here long enough to understand what we are talking about in full affect. Yes, you have been to other message-boards but so have I and the atmosphere of EVERY forum is different. This just happens to be the way things are handled here.

We don't tell people to "carp off and die." we just say "Wrong section, look over here." or simply tell them "If you wanted your attack type to work a RF would probably be a lot more useful." or "This is the wrong place to post that." It's not our fault that by telling people to ADHERE TO THE RULES OF THE FORUM THEY JOINED that they yell at us and argue with us.

Seriously, I once saw somebody tell of Momiji and Kai-V in one thread for something completely arbitrary because he was in the wrong. This is just the daily kind of disturbances we have to deal with. If they stopped to take 2 seconds and notice "Hey Kai-V is the admin of this forum, Momiji has won 2 tournaments and is a very frequent and respected poster." Maybe they would have realized "Hey, these guys are probably right." But that lack of caring and just posting whatever because you are angry is ridiculous. Like I said, this stuff happens all the time and we just have to deal with it... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

So for the love of BEY, shut the carp up and stop arguing because you're making yourself look more and more like an idiot.
I agree with you MaxL in all seriousness.

However, Lol epic bold :'D.
(Aug. 07, 2010  2:33 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I agree with you MaxL in all seriousness.

However, Lol epic bold :'D.

Took out the bold because it came off as "BOLD IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR ANGER".

Added a paragraph as well that I forgot about, you should probably read it because it I was talking about you. Tongue_out
I see. Thank you I guess, however the subject isn't so flattering xD.

Yeah, your paragraph looks better without the massive bold =p.
Quote:We don't tell people to "carp off and die." we just say "Wrong section, look over here." or simply tell them "If you wanted your attack type to work a RF would probably be a lot more useful." or "This is the wrong place to post that." It's not our fault that by telling people to ADHERE TO THE RULES OF THE FORUM THEY JOINED that they yell at us and argue with us.

O Rly? [Image: hmmmm2.gif] [Image: curious.gif] [Image: eyeball.gif]

*cough* your post from yesterday *cough*

So for the love of BEY, shut the carp up and stop arguing because you're making yourself look more and more like an idiot.

Because that's not being harsh...

Quote:Seriously, I once saw somebody tell of Momiji and Kai-V in one thread for something completely arbitrary because he was in the wrong. This is just the daily kind of disturbances we have to deal with. If they stopped to take 2 seconds and notice "Hey Kai-V is the admin of this forum, Momiji has won 2 tournaments and is a very frequent and respected poster." Maybe they would have realized "Hey, these guys are probably right." But that lack of caring and just posting whatever because you are angry is ridiculous. Like I said, this stuff happens all the time and we just have to deal with it... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

So, basically, you're using one example to stereotype a load of people? I personally have never seen someone get angry at a moderator...

I will give you one thing though; since this thread was opened, I have noticed an increase in silly threads and it certainly does make it hard to say what I'm saying.
I think a lot of people were more willing to overlook the kind of posts and threads you've mentioned beforehand as it wasn't really an issue that had been brought to the surface.
Now more people have been made aware of what we're seeing, it's a lot harder to not take notice.
Whhhhhhy is this an issue? This whole thread makes me sad Unhappy

When you join any forum you adhere to their rules. It is your responsibility to read and understand them. Simple as that! Every forum is different and for some the WBO is 'stricter' than what they are used to, but mostly all that person needs is a little reminder that rules are actually enforced here, which is what the mods & other members are doing. No big deal, they learn and we all happily move on. Yes, there are members here who blatantly break rules & etiquette on a constant basis, and in all rights why should they not get a warning and a telling off? We don't live in a cuddly little marshmellow. I work at a pool and deal with similar issues on a daily basis; kids & parents ignoring our rules & regulations thinking they can do whatever they feel like even after I have politely explained several times what they are doing is not allowed. Everyday I hear 'well THAT isn't a rule at other pools!'. I don't care if that statement is true or not, you are at this pool, and these are the rules we have posted. I just explained to you that it is expected they be followed. If the immature behavior continues they are asked to leave. Myself and the other patrons of the pool should not have to deal with your poor behavior, and that should apply here as well, mods & other WBO members should not have to deal with constant rule breaking and whining. Could you imagine if this place was not moderated as it is? I don't think I would come here anymore if the WBO became an all natural free range kiddie posting fest where hugs and kisses were given out instead of the standard 'This does not go here, post in [x]/read BeyWiki/ect.'

Occasionally people get snappy. It happens. To be honest I don't know how the mods and regulars here keep their cool as often as they do when dealing with the silly-ness that happens on a daily basis on the forums. Understand they are not making a personal attack, move on and continue to have fun!
(Aug. 07, 2010  5:13 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: I think a lot of people were more willing to overlook the kind of posts and threads you've mentioned beforehand as it wasn't really an issue that had been brought to the surface.
Now more people have been made aware of what we're seeing, it's a lot harder to not take notice.

I personally thought it was an 'I've bought a Ford Focus and now everywhere I look there's a Ford Focus' type of affair lol.

I think that some may also feel that they, and others, are 'victimised' because of the size of this forum, so, when they don't read rules and continue to make bad posts, the likelihood of people saying stuff to them is higher than if it were a much larger forum, e.g. TSR.
(Aug. 07, 2010  5:16 PM)Meruda Wrote: To be honest I don't know how the mods and regulars here keep their cool as often as they do when dealing with the silly-ness that happens on a daily basis on the forums. Understand they are not making a personal attack, move on and continue to have fun!

We don't always.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Battle-S...#pid314351
This was a fairly extreme case, but it's this kind of thing that we can't have going on at this forum.

Admittedly the gif wasn't necessary, but the point was.
We do one hell of a lot for this forum, there was even questioning as to whether or not it'd even keep running when Brad started working for MEGA and he first started to consider leaving.

We work to keep this place running, and when we're insulted for doing that job, we quite obviously do not appreciate it.

It's this attitude that we're trying to stop.
OMG flights haha made my day with the gif, I didn't realize this until now but MEGA is almost similar to BEGA lol sorry to bring us off topic but this discussion seems to be a little heated at times
(Aug. 07, 2010  5:25 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: We don't always.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Battle-S...#pid314351
This was a fairly extreme case, but it's this kind of thing that we can't have going on at this forum.

Admittedly the gif wasn't necessary, but the point was.
We do one hell of a lot for this forum, there was even questioning as to whether or not it'd even keep running when Brad started working for MEGA and he first started to consider leaving.

We work to keep this place running, and when we're insulted for doing that job, we quite obviously do not appreciate it.

It's this attitude that we're trying to stop.

Ahhhh yes, I remember seeing that, the .gif gave me quite the chuckle :p

That was an extreme case indeed. And that kind of attitude towards mods & fellow members should not be tolerated. At all. It's understandable you are going to be upset in that kind of situation and I don't blame you for it, nor should anyone else. Sorabeyblade's post is a wonderful example of the kind of disregard and carpheadedness that you guys put up with and gives example as to why people need to stop complaining about the moderation on the WBO. How would the complainers here feel if they were the one that rude post was directed at? Would you not want a mod to step in and take charge? And when someone does take actually take action against that kind of idiocy they should not be put to the chopping block for it.

Goodness me this is starting to sound like the attitudes towards Confessors in Terry Goodkind's fantasy universe, haha. She sacrifices everything for the good of her people, and in the end they just want to chop her head off.
(Aug. 07, 2010  2:28 PM)MaxL Wrote: This is my last post in this thread towards you Extic.

I'm making myself look like an idiot, when you tell me in your last post to me that I'm an idiot [which is what you're doing], and refuse any possible argument to that? :\
I don't care what you think, but you're being unnecessarily rude, and should really take a "carp"in chill pill.
Really, I think me at least handling things calmly is a whole lot less "idiotic" than you getting all frustrated and being consistently rude. But whatever, people aren't quick to admit their own wrongs. You call me an idiot when I admitted that my viewpoint could change, which is what you were saying......... so just wow.
I think you're the problem or people like you, who can't even accept that someone told them they were right without being rude and calling them an idiot.
Really, you're just a bully. I don't care about other situations, or other people being rude, but when you're rude like that, what the "carp" do you think is going to happen with new users? I mean seriously.

And I've while I haven't seen momiji dealing with a new user in the wrong, I have seen him being unnecessarily rude and sarcastic with some. Winning two tournaments doesn't give you the right to be mean in any situation. Tired
Yo. Yo.

Way too many people are somehow getting the impression that they are affected or affecting the situation here. At this point I will probably close this topic quite soon. The message was delivered : some people are very idiotic members and you do not always see them, but we do; some people are too 'severe', but at the same time it is understandable after a while; others are just OK and probably deserve a better "attitude" if they got the wrong one, but at the same time they should not totally cower.

In the same vein as what Brad posted, just post normally and we will do our job. If there is clearly a stickied thread called "Ask a question, get an answer!" and that people create new topics for single, short questions, then we will react accordingly, and believe it or not, but there are some things that some users do that are incredibly ignorant.
(Aug. 07, 2010  7:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo. Yo.

Yup.

I think that I, along with many others, may have (de)volved this thread into something it wasn't supposed to be.

Apologies.
Kai-V can you please just close this thread?

I think the mods have addressed what they wanted to say, all that is happening is people arguing over something that isn't going to change.

We don't need anymore people bumping heads.
(Aug. 07, 2010  6:55 PM)Extic Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2010  2:28 PM)MaxL Wrote: This is my last post in this thread towards you Extic.

I'm making myself look like an idiot, when you tell me in your last post to me that I'm an idiot [which is what you're doing], and refuse any possible argument to that? :\
I don't care what you think, but you're being unnecessarily rude, and should really take a "carp"in chill pill.
Really, I think me at least handling things calmly is a whole lot less "idiotic" than you getting all frustrated and being consistently rude. But whatever, people aren't quick to admit their own wrongs. You call me an idiot when I admitted that my viewpoint could change, which is what you were saying......... so just wow.
I think you're the problem or people like you, who can't even accept that someone told them they were right without being rude and calling them an idiot.
Really, you're just a bully. I don't care about other situations, or other people being rude, but when you're rude like that, what the "carp" do you think is going to happen with new users? I mean seriously.

And I've while I haven't seen momiji dealing with a new user in the wrong, I have seen him being unnecessarily rude and sarcastic with some. Winning two tournaments doesn't give you the right to be mean in any situation. Tired

We generally don't insult people when they post in the wrong section. Sometimes sarcastic quips but other than that we don't flat out insult people. If someone isn't going to take the time to read the rules, I'm not going to take the time to give them the respect they clearly don't give this community.

I don't care if people post in the wrong thing, everyone makes mistakes but the same people make the same mistakes over and over again. I'm not saying that if you win tournaments that you are entitled to be a dickhead. I'm just saying he is a valued and respected member of the community unlike some person who can't figure out a few simple rules.

What it comes down to: The WBO is strict for a reason, not because the mods like to have power, it's because without any real organization this place could not exist and would be subject to total chaos. If Bey Brad was still here he wouldn't put up with any of this carp from any of you telling us we were wrong for telling people not to have attitudes about them themselves being wrong.

Seriously, someone just close this thread. These people don't understand why we are frustrated and think we are just big bullies who want to take their lunch money.

(Aug. 07, 2010  8:42 PM)MaxL Wrote: I used to feel the exact same way you did Extic. You kind of just stop after you sit here for a while and just watch how much carp the poor mods have to put up with.

I've been here longer than you and I don't feel that way :\

But, yeah, Kai-V, I think everyone's said what they wanted to say so... close/sticky it? I dna.