Attitudes

I really think the attitude towards not only mods but genuinly people trying to help them and In my experience most people who post carp usually are either really new or really ignorant
There is something to be said about the Internet Forum "Community" as a whole. The WBO is a closer/smaller forum than generic ones that specialize in super broad interests like Anime, Cars, Microsoft/Computer Technical Assistance, etc. On the WBO there is a strict, or perhaps tempered expectation of general etiquette/knowledge. For the most part we're patient enough not to throw warnings left and right, we can all understand that the WBO is a different forum community with less forgiving rules, but that is mostly because we all care about the community we've built here.

I think generalizing everything with being new or ignorance is unnecessary and probably incorrect for the most part. Mistakes happen, sometimes they're repeated, but its up to the individual to understand, learn, and grow from them. I don't think having a warning level under a user name is a bad thing unless you, yourself make it out to be, its a learning curve and I wouldn't look down on any member for having been warned in the past.

'High Ranked Members' is a poor term, I don't think there is anything like that here tbh. There are individuals who are well respected and perhaps more knowledgeable than others but that doesn't make them any better than any one else here. A lot of the members who are well-known/respected have invested a lot of time on the the WBO participating and helping it grow.

Regarding "Back Seat Moderators": I do not have a problem with it nor is it generally frowned upon. However there should be no reason to "rules quote" or threaten moderator action on anything, we'll act when we need to and really, there is a Report link on posts for a reason. Honestly I prefer members sorting things out between themselves before a moderator has to step in as long as it is reasonable.

In all its important for everyone to remember this is the internet, real life subtleties such tone (sarcasm) and mannerisms are easily lost in translation. A lot of misunderstandings arise from this as a result. If someone posts something that irks you I encourage you to take a few minutes before you reply and think about how you're going to reply and why. If its really malicious or you feel it as a personal attack you're better off to ignore it and report the poster, if not, you may have misunderstood the context of their post.
Good post but it will be ignored like the rest of the stickies
KazumiXxXxX, you are rude with ____ mods ......____. We need to respect all of them as they work hard here.
(Aug. 03, 2010  6:16 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Get ready for a Perma Ban if you don't like Beyblades why did you come to the site and why dd you join?

Its obvious trolling, as kai-v said, don't bother, report. Btw, if more people like these arrive to the site, we may have some future trouble...
First of all in order to understand what the main problem is that the kids that are annoying everyone and getting warnings are really young and kids now days want answers right away c'mon they are 9-12 year olds most of the still don't even have self control but there are a few that do before they get registered you could if possible have a way of making sure they have read a couple of the most important rules and pm them a sort of mini test to make sure they understand the rules before they can post and fully register and one more thing you could also have bounderies and limitations on what admins can and can not do or have diffrint admins and mods moniter diffrents parts of the forum have them assigned to diffrent parts of it so they won't get so frustrated and take turns with diffrent parts of the forum every couple weeks just to switch it up so it won't get old and boring to them I just thought I'd mintion those ideas.
There are times for you to speak your opinions and that's fine, bt there are more times to just keep your thought to yourself. And this is probably the problem here because we have kids in elementary school signing up. Remember when we were young? We wanted to know everything right away and would talk about the randomest things.

Of course there are obvious trollers who need to find a life ASAP and stop posting in forums just because they can't find security in their own lives and cannot express their feeleing properly in real lfe but that's another story...

Anyways what Im trying to say is that when posting, discretion and maturity is nessecary because that's how this community was built up and maintained for such a long period of time. Of course I am new too and am not saying that I follow the rules perfectly buy I try and hopefully I'm making a positive contribution to this forum and it's users as a whole.
I seriously don't understand why people are shielding members with excuses like "they're only kids". It is precisely because they've been dealt with kid gloves their whole life that they don't understand how to act properly. Also, regarding the point about how kids want to know everything, this may just have been me, but when I was 10ish I actually went and researched what I wanted to know about. I don't think it's just to allow kids to run amuck simply because they are kids. There is too much leeway for them already. That is why they act like most of them do, imho.

Also, I know for certain there are "kids" out there who are refined, mature and can do the research.
*cough* Diamond *cough*
There's a reason why kids are treated the way they are though.

When I was 10, I was a don, but not everyone's the same. You were put in your gifted class and so that's probably why you were researching stuff. Not everyone's as able as that at 10 years old.

(Aug. 03, 2010  1:22 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: You were put in your gifted class and so that's probably why you were researching stuff. Not everyone's as able as that at 10 years old.

Oh. I forget about that sometimes. I don't feel particularly smart, so I don't really pay heed to that most of the time. Still... I think my point still stands.
(Aug. 03, 2010  7:42 AM)Lemonyblader Wrote: First of all in order to understand what the main problem is that the kids that are annoying everyone and getting warnings are really young and kids now days want answers right away c'mon they are 9-12 year olds most of the still don't even have self control but there are a few that do before they get registered you could if possible have a way of making sure they have read a couple of the most important rules and pm them a sort of mini test to make sure they understand the rules before they can post and fully register and one more thing you could also have bounderies and limitations on what admins can and can not do or have diffrint admins and mods moniter diffrents parts of the forum have them assigned to diffrent parts of it so they won't get so frustrated and take turns with diffrent parts of the forum every couple weeks just to switch it up so it won't get old and boring to them I just thought I'd mintion those ideas.
They do actually get a private message explaining everything. They would get a message with a quiz to test how much they have read, they would still not read it.

I believe there is a sort of mechanism that can freeze the process on the rules for a certain period, and members can only look at those, there is no "OK" button. However, I think even a kid could just open a new window, browse another website, and come back after the time, having not read any of the rules.

Also, I will not have limitations on what I can do, and as an administrator all the sections must be watched.
They would at least have to read the most important rules to pass the quiz and to be allowed to post unless they just guess and somehow make a perfect score by some extrordinary luck it at least seem like it would help out the problem somewhat you don't have to use my idea I'm just stating an idea I thought would help also I'd like to see the 1..2..3 rule your out inforced. P.S power is the seed of all evil and ignorance
(Aug. 03, 2010  5:25 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote: P.S power is the seed of all evil and ignorance

Why would you include that in your post...? You're implying that the posters with power here are 'evil' and 'ignorant'. I surely hope that was not your intention..
Hahahahaha no it's not ment to be rude. haha my bad if I made it seem that way I was just a little frustrated for some reason but I understand it can get frustrating to be a admin and mod on forums but they Also have to understand theY chose to do it but that frustration there having is what comes with any job that involves making sure people are kept inline it's just like anyother forum
(Aug. 03, 2010  6:04 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote: Hahahahaha no it's not ment to be rude. haha my bad if I made it seem that way I was just a little frustrated for some reason but I understand it can get frustrating to be a admin and mod on forums but they Also have to understand theY chose to do it but that frustration there having is what comes with any job that involves making sure people are kept inline it's just like anyother forum

yo people like you are the problem, not the solution. I think a big issue here is that people just don't know when to stop talking.
(Aug. 03, 2010  6:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2010  6:04 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote: Hahahahaha no it's not ment to be rude. haha my bad if I made it seem that way I was just a little frustrated for some reason but I understand it can get frustrating to be a admin and mod on forums but they Also have to understand theY chose to do it but that frustration there having is what comes with any job that involves making sure people are kept inline it's just like anyother forum

yo people like you are the problem, not the solution. I think a big issue here is that people just don't know when to stop talking.

What? He just gave a very sensible reminder to the moderators.
What he said made perfect sense: Yes, you can be frustrated, but don't take the frustrations out on them, you chose to bear the burden.
Initially, I thought he might have been insulting the mods/admins, but there's no way you could take it that way after his second post.

Yes, some people don't know when to stop talking, but certainly not that guy. Pinching_eyes
Thank you for that I appreciate you backing me up on this very much.
(Aug. 03, 2010  6:53 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote: Thank you for that I appreciate you backing me up on this very much.

Hey, no problem. I think you made a very good point and that you shouldn't be attacked for it.
Well, not really. His point was instantly contradicted by his next sentence, "but that frustration there having is what comes with any job that involves making sure people are kept inline it's just like anyother forum".

Lemonyblader is just saying a lot of things which don't make sense as a whole. If people maybe proofread what they type, or even simply put more thought into their posts, people wouldn't call them out on it. Which is exactly what this thread is addressing.
I think that everything will be okay as long as everyone thinks at least once about what they are posting, and how it will affect others. That goes out to kids too of course and we don't want to be restrictive to certain age groups, that would make it unfair for those who are mature and actually care. To sum this thread up, THINK BEFORE YOU POST and always ask yourself, how would I feel if someone posted this about ME?
(Aug. 03, 2010  5:25 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote: P.S power is the seed of all evil and ignorance

To be fair though, that doesn't really apply to the internet...
(Aug. 03, 2010  7:02 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:

To be fair though, that doesn't really apply to the internet...

TBH I think this was more of a random thought he put in without really meaning to apply it to his previous words... at least that's what I thought of it.
haha well i thought you guys would just like to hear outside opinions from someone who isnt a mod or an admin(guess not) you guys might as well just have talked to eachother outside of the forum about this problem

i have had no intention on being rude to anyone
(Aug. 03, 2010  7:09 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote: haha well i thought you guys would just like to hear outside opinions from someone who isnt a mod or an admin(guess not) you guys might as well just have talked to eachother outside of the forum about this problem

i have had no intention on being rude to anyone

Yah no I didn't mean to offend you in any way and I apologize if I did. Your words are correct though power IS the seed of evil but only if you let it germinate... and the people here IMO do not misuse it rather they only use it to benefit the larger community as a whole.