Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin]

If this series keeps going, it will definitely be in my Top 5. I can't really say it is quite yet in a fair way because it has 8 episodes, but it's amazing. I even got my older brother to watch it, and when I first told him about it, he was completely uninterested. He sat down with me the day after episode 8 came out and we watched all 8 episodes in one sitting. And he's not an anime fan, but he does like Naruto and One piece.
Wow, I stayed up a bit last night, and completely caught up until Episode 8. Currently waiting for the next episode which airs today.

This is already definitely in my Top 5 for Animes, and I recommend anyone, and everyone to watch it.

Also, I've heard that:

Edit: Also, check out the new avatar Wink
Yeah, I heard the thing about Bertholdt too because of stupid people on youtube who spoil things. Seriously, if you watch anything about this show on youtube, do yourself a favor and don't read comments. Also, I can't wait for episode 9! I heard Rivaille is going to appear and he's apparently the coolest character in Attack on titan so that's going to be cool.
(Jun. 01, 2013  11:18 PM)Anchor Wrote: Yeah, I heard the thing about Bertholdt too because of stupid people on youtube who spoil things. Seriously, if you watch anything about this show on youtube, do yourself a favor and don't read comments. Also, I can't wait for episode 9! I heard Rivaille is going to appear and he's apparently the coolest character in Attack on titan so that's going to be cool.

Haha, it's on Youtube?? Where? I can't find it.

I usually watch it on Crunchyroll, and people there do a good job of not spoiling it, unless you get tempted to click the "Show Spoilers" button, haha.

I'm just so excited for the next episode!
I didn't mean I watch it on youtube, I meant videos about it like reviews and stuff. Anyways, Episode 9 was pretty good. Nothing amazing though. It was cool to see Levi in action, and Eren was pretty much a boss at the end of the episode. Oh, and we finally know a bit more about what Eren's father injected him with.
I watched until episode nine and now I don't know what to do with my life until the next episode comes out.

Undoubtedly, Sasha is my favorite character.

I mean, look at her go:

Oh yeah, the OP and the ending are awesome!
Yeah, Sasha is currently my favorite too. It was Mikasa, but Sasha just grows on you.
(Jun. 03, 2013  12:46 AM)Anchor Wrote: Yeah, Sasha is currently my favorite too. It was Mikasa, but Sasha just grows on you.

I swear if something bad happens to Sasha I will be deeply upset Argh! Argh!

I read this joke on tumblr:

"Hey your 3D maneuver gear is loose, do you want me to titan it for you?"

Three hours later, and I am still laughing :')
Episode 9 was, if you ask me, the worst yet.

Okay, so people saw Eren emerge from the titan's body. Fact #1: Why do they assume, Eren actually WAS the titan? Why doesn't ANYONE bring up the idea that maybe Eren had been eaten by the titan but had managed to stay in its throat or something and managed to escaped once the giant's skin turned to steam? Fact #2: Assuming you know for sure Eren actually was the titan, why in the name of anything sacred would you fear him!? ALL he did in that form is kill other titans! EVERYONE knows this! This isn't someone to be feared, this is someone to be praised! Sure, you can be cautious afterwards, but what kind of coward goes 'AAAAHHH!! He was a titan and even though he pretty much SAVED the city on his own the simple fact he was a titan that didn't even eat anyone is worthy of my contempt!' Fact #3: Let's say, for some stupid reason, you still hate the guy that SAVED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AND DIDN'T KILL ANYONE, why would you want to kill him!? Wouldn't you want to study him or ask him how he did it, what he remembers and such? Wouldn't finding out how Eren can turn into a giant that can keep itself from eating humans and, in fact, kill other titans be like EXTREMELY useful to humanity? Fact #4: The weird-mustachio captain dude basically asked 'What are you!?' because he didn't know if Eren was human or a titan or even something else, but when Eren very clearly and powerfully replies 'I'm human!' he decides to have him killed anyway! WELL WHAT WAS THE GOOD ANSWER THEN, POPS!?

Wow... I'm REALLY disappointed, here. This whole 'turning against the protags' shtick is so old, over-used, dated and stupid, I honestly thought this was a dream or something. I REALLY hope episode 10 makes up for that disgrace.
Yes, but through the whole anime, they showed the townspeople and stuff as very simple minded. They'd preferred a shelter life, and had no interest of exploring outside the walls. When Armin and Eren said that they'd like to see the outside world, they'd been bullied and frowned upon. So that is a giveaway that the people aren't open to change and new possibilities. It has been hardwired that Titan = evil no matter what. Even as the kids were discussing the whole scheme of "teaming up with a titan" almost everyone was skeptical

They are scared, and as Armin put it, nobody knows what's going on, so fear is the initial response. You could see it in the captain's eyes and his tone.

But yeah, they could have scripted it out a bit better.
Well, I caught up! I still need to read the manga, but I'm really liking it! I really do wonder how they can end it though... What kind of ending could they pull off, without being a deus ex machima? It is a mystery
(Jun. 05, 2013  5:41 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Well, I caught up! I still need to read the manga, but I'm really liking it! I really do wonder how they can end it though... What kind of ending could they pull off, without being a deus ex machima? It is a mystery

you sound a bit like my favorite anime reviewer. i must say, thoughout this entire anime, the over used, predictable or badly written bits are directed in such a way it just looks like it works. one of the 2 resons this isn't my favorite anime was simply the fact it is predictable. the other is the fact that it isn't finished yet so i don't know if it will have that same satisfied feeling i got with the anime that is on top. the thing is, nobody knows how this will end because the manga isn't finished, so if they make an anime only ending, they better make it a good one.
Attacks on Titan is ranking in at number 4 of the top ten Manga (in Japan) sales of 2013 with 4,292,208 copies sold out doing Hunter X Hunter, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach and Toriko(possibly out selling them all combined). It's looking like Japan is shifting toward darker themed manga.
Yup, HXH, AOT, and Magi(number 2 most sold 2013 manga) are all dark manga if you read them. Anyways, the new episode should be cool. I really liked Levi, and would love to see more of him. I also wonder how they can end the show without making a bad ending.
Episode 10 is coming so soon! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see what's going to happen to Eren, and to learn more about his Titan form, and what he can do with it.

Anyways, you guys HAVE to watch this guy dancing to the Shingeki no Kyojin opening, it's hilarious!

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3E86_8c534
What did I just watch? Is this even real life? Oh, Internet. Anyways, I can't wait for episode 10, hopefully we'll get to see more of Levi, which was a total boss in episode 9. He has the determination of Eren, and the talent/awesomeness of Mikasa, which just makes him that much better than every other character(except Sasha). He might even be my new favorite character.
Today marks the day that I have officially started reading the manga. Although, I've already been spoiled for pretty much... every.... plot...... point.

And I agree, Levi is really cool (although, to be honest, I prefer when his name is spelled Rivaille. It just... looks cooler. Funner to say, too.) But, I don't think he beats out Eren just yet, for me. Eren is a character you can relate to, even with all his anger. Also, he struggles a lot (a lot more than many of the shonen heroes I've seen), which I love. Sasha is also great (and, my favorite so far!), I do hope we get to see more of her.
Episode 10 was pretty good, kind of slow paced but still good. We got some pretty cool scenes with Armin, and Pixis. I expected the episode to be a bit slow after like 8 episodes of amazing action but it's not a big deal. The music was spot on like always, and the animation was pretty good too.
FINNALY A SLOW EPISODE! just been waiting for this series to slow down a bit, even if it does just get shoved right in there again next episode.
Armin was so cool in this episode. Way to go! (⌒▽⌒)☆

To further add to my reply to Dude about episode 9, it was demonstrated again that fear leads to the loss of rational thought. Armin worded it perfectly (though I can't remember what he said exactly).
Granted but there's losing rational thought and 'never thinking straight for just one second' Uncertain

And why didn't Armin say anything, actually!? He's the reasonable one, he's the guy that uses words instead of swords, why didn't he try to explain everything to the crowd? Yeah, maybe the captain guy would've still freaked out and ordered their execution, but at least he might've reasoned with a few of them. How about something like 'B-But Eren helped us! And he didn't harm a single human! He could tip the scales in our favour, here!'

I dunno... It just REALLY seems stupid... But I keep faith that episode 10 will be good (Haven't watched it yet ^^')
(Jun. 10, 2013  11:42 AM)Dude Wrote: And why didn't Armin say anything, actually!? He's the reasonable one, he's the guy that uses words instead of swords, why didn't he try to explain everything to the crowd? Yeah, maybe the captain guy would've still freaked out and ordered their execution, but at least he might've reasoned with a few of them. How about something like 'B-But Eren helped us! And he didn't harm a single human! He could tip the scales in our favour, here!'

I dunno... It just REALLY seems stupid... But I keep faith that episode 10 will be good (Haven't watched it yet ^^')

If that's what you were expecting, then episode 10 won't be disappointing at all Wink
Precisely, episode 10 did deliver just that and restored my fate in the show XD

Although I do have to wonder why Armin didn't do that right away... though I guess the arrival of the more reasonable Pixis helped (I was sure the scared guy was Pixis... Whatever XD)

And it does seem like a straightforward plan: Just block the hole with a big rock and we'll kill what remains of the titans in the city. They couldn't do that with the other part of the city, but still, at least, you'd get back what you lost recently! XD
The end of episode 11 definitely deserves a BIG WHAT THE HECK. WHAT WHAT WHAT. I will be restless until episode 12 (OsO)
Ah, Episode 11 was good. Although, nothing really surprises me anymore, as I've finally caught up with the manga...