Astronomy

didn't see a thread like this on search if there is please correct me
this thread is for atronomy updates cool stuff and questions (or a astronomy HOMEWORK thread) i have a question my self could someone give me a good understanding of Quasars? i really don't know about them and have a project due tomorrow and almost done just need to do quarsars of course this thread isn't just to help me with homework i could search it just don't get the full info thanks
A Quasar is a very active and energetic galactic core. An example of a core would be the center of the Milky Way. It tends to pour out a lot of energy too.

That's a basic description of a quasar.
(May. 20, 2011  3:00 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: A Quasar is a very active and energetic galactic core. An example of a core would be the center of the Milky Way. It tends to pour out a lot of energy too.

That's a basic description of a quasar.

thanks any more details so it is just a galaxy core sorry to bug you but what do they do (i have a science attention problem and can't pay attention so in science im just lucky on multiple choice guess) Quasar is an enormously bright object at the edge of our universe with the appearance of a star when viewed through a telescope. It emits massive amounts of energy, more energy than 100 normal galaxies combined. The name comes from a shortening of quasi-stellar radio source (QSR). Current theories hold that quasars are one type of active galactic nuclei (AGN). Many astronomers believe supermassive black holes may lie at the center of these galaxies and power their explosive energy output. In one second, a typical quasar releases enough energy to satisfy the electrical energy needs of Earth for the next billion years.

is this inaccirate because what you said and this are complely different