Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Feb. 08, 2012  1:50 AM)spoodog20 Wrote: 3 questions.
1 which matters more a blader's launch or a blader's strength?
2 what are some new launch techniques?
3 How do i master an attack type,defense,and balance beyblade?

The launch is influenced by the strength, but launchers have a definite limit of power, so at some point strength stops being important.

There are no new launching techniques. Everything is already on Beywiki, for the most at least.

Defense is mostly like Stamina; Balance depends on how you want it to act; Attack too, but mostly whether you want it to stall at the Tornado Ridge, or if you want a flower pattern.
(Feb. 08, 2012  1:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2012  1:50 AM)spoodog20 Wrote: 3 questions.
1 which matters more a blader's launch or a blader's strength?
2 what are some new launch techniques?
3 How do i master an attack type,defense,and balance beyblade?

The launch is influenced by the strength, but launchers have a definite limit of power, so at some point strength stops being important.

There are no new launching techniques. Everything is already on Beywiki, for the most at least.

Defense is mostly like Stamina; Balance depends on how you want it to act; Attack too, but mostly whether you want it to stall at the Tornado Ridge, or if you want a flower pattern.

Not entirely. Stamina is basically straight shot, sometimes banked if you're feeling brave or desperately need a KO. With defense, you can straight shoot, or use more aggressive banking techniques to KO stamina types or even attack types if your opponents launch causes them to pause before moving, or if they are on non-grip tips. Defense is actually pretty versatile as a type.

@V-Rock: I almost always buy them off the marketplace here, rarely I buy cheaper beys or lots off ebay. The best way to do it if you have the time and money to do so is get a middleman and use Yahoo Japan Auctions, but yeah.

I have two questions is it legal to use Driger F's shaft along with Wolborg 2's rubber tip (it does work but the rubber tip does not fully cover the shaft). Also how does one straight shoot a bey with a launcher grip and ripcord launcher without lowering the power of my launch. Because whenever I launch with the launcher grip the bey launches forward similar to a catapult shoot.
No, that is not legal. Wolborg's shaft and its tip are considered a single part and cannot be separated.

Just work on holding your grip hand steady, I guess.
Do Dracco spins counts like plastics?
(Feb. 08, 2012  7:52 AM)Dashy Wrote: Do Dracco spins counts like plastics?

Do a non-official rip off of beyblades count as actual beyblades?

What do you think?
(Feb. 08, 2012  7:53 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2012  7:52 AM)Dashy Wrote: Do Dracco spins counts like plastics?

Do a non-official rip off of beyblades count as actual beyblades?

What do you think?

You got a point there:\ But their similar to plastics right?
They're fake, and IIRC they are structured differently, or at least some of them are, and they are also much poorer quality, like all fakes.
(Feb. 07, 2012  4:16 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  1:06 PM)TnkP Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  12:51 PM)Djalu13 Wrote: is MF-H Basalt Bull 230EWD is a good Stamina combo

Maybe. I don't own EWD myself so i don't have exact results. But mathematically, it should be at least Decent. EWD will endlessly tilt like WD at 230 at low spin, But this should be countered by the MF-H to give it a better center of gravity. Overall, i think that EWD could show some potential here. Knowing that it's only issue i know about EWD is Lack of grip. Which should be countered by MF-H, Basalt and 230. Remember, this is only a theory, As i don't have EWD at the moment.

Please could someone answer my question:

how come some extraordinarily heavy beys like MF-H HellFlame Kerbecs F145DS (Illegal) have crazily long solo spins reaching up to 10 minutes? Does this have something to do with the balance or something?

First off, EWD loses balance quite easily on higher tracks. This loss of balance leads to uncontrolled wobbling, which is bad. So, EWD shouldn't be used a lot on such tracks.

As for your other question, those are illegal combos, mind you. Smile
Let us consider that combo as a Stamina combo. Now, Stamina combos have nothing to do with how heavy they are. Its the distribution of weight that matters.
Look at that combo. Hell= 37g while Flame= around 30g.
The former, was once a phenomenal Stamina wheel, while the latter, was quite decent a Stamina wheel. If you happen to see those wheels, you'll notice that maximum amount of weight is distributed around the circumference of the MW.
Now comes in Physics... Weight focused on the outside gives the bey more momentum; (in most of the threads on this site, we commonly refer to this phenomena as "fly wheel effect") increasing its Spin time, and hence increasing its Stamina. Smile

More the amount of weight focused outside, more the Stamina. Hence, the distribution of that large amount of weight on the outside, gives those combos such whooping Solo Spin Times.

Hope this helped! It might not be well-worded, but I tried my best to explain. Smile
Remember I said that I had seen a guy make a EWD on 230 aggressive? So I guess it doesn't really have that bad balance, but then again, the metagame where I live involves a lot of 'tuning' or such to the parts, causing them to act irregularly. Anyway, it is possible to such a thing (like making RF calm with high stamina) but the performance mainly relies on the condition of the tip.
Oh yes, there are people who claim to make a 230 based combo aggressive by using an aggro EWD on it.
But, that wasn't the point here. We were talking of Stamina combos. If I, or anyone else mentioned this aggressive nature of EWD, it would be completely irrelevant. So, I did not feel the need to talk of that. Smile
Still, if you think its worth the mention, then its OK. Smile
If anyone has a dragoon V, could I get them to check whether the tip has a rod which enters the SG (Like Uriel/Wolborg 03), or not (like Dragoon V2). I kinda assumed mine was just missing one, seeing as Uriel is largely a copy of it and has the rod, but since I saw the design of V2's tip, I'm not so sure, and it's pretty important that I know for that document (it's only one line different, though, so yeah), so I'd really appreciate it!
my wornout fs (flat sharp) works like an cs
it spins in the center when launched and after it gets hit it works like an flat
sometimes it directly works as a flat just like cs
is it legal can i use it in tournaments?
(Feb. 08, 2012  6:09 PM)preshant Wrote: my wornout fs (flat sharp) works like an cs
it spins in the center when launched and after it gets hit it works like an flat
sometimes it directly works as a flat just like cs
is it legal can i use it in tournaments?

Well, technically it would make sense that it is on its S at the beginning, and once the tip gets put on the angle of the stadium slope, it works like an F. However, if you notice that the S is barely there anymore or that the shape of the F is rounded, then it is probably illegal. If you want to be sure, you should post a picture for us to see.
should i get the strongesy blader set and a diablo nemesis or the ultimate dx set without the diablo nemesis
(Feb. 08, 2012  11:09 PM)RewsterInCamo Wrote: should i get the strongesy blader set and a diablo nemesis or the ultimate dx set without the diablo nemesis

im gonna say strongest blader set with diablo, u get Blitz, MF-H, RS, RSF, Basalt, (if im missing something please tell me) these are all great parts, and, imo, diablo is an awesome bey in the looks department and in battles from what ive seen.

edit: btw i think this belongs in the Purchase Consultation thread
That question belongs in Purchase Consultation.
(Feb. 08, 2012  5:11 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Oh yes, there are people who claim to make a 230 based combo aggressive by using an aggro EWD on it.
But, that wasn't the point here. We were talking of Stamina combos. If I, or anyone else mentioned this aggressive nature of EWD, it would be completely irrelevant. So, I did not feel the need to talk of that. Smile
Still, if you think its worth the mention, then its OK. Smile

Well my point is that although it may not seem to able to do so, it actually can, depending on certain variables, like the condition of the tip. I have a theory though. I have a very worn RF that goes seriously fast with my original combo, Hell Aquario H145 __, but when paired with Hell Kerbecs BD145(boost) ___, it performs very poorly. I was thinking that maybe because I had be using it with my original combo for so long, that it got 'moulded' into the exact shape with is perfect to support it's weight or weight distribution or something. It looks pretty realistic to me, but it's still just a theory though.
Do the RC Plastics come with the same parts as regular plastics? I keep seeing 'em and they look an awful lot like reg. Plastics.
Can you list the Top Tier Leone combos?

For competetive use
(Feb. 09, 2012  2:37 AM)IceBag Wrote: Can you list the Top Tier Leone combos?

For competetive use

Hm, none are top tier, and you would need to use the "Build me a combo!" topic anyway.
I keep hearing about this movie exclusive bey, Dark Posedion (Aquario) However there are many different unsourced claims about how the bey was released, if it even was at all. Any info?
(Feb. 09, 2012  3:16 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I keep hearing about this movie exclusive bey, Dark Posedion (Aquario) However there are many different unsourced claims about how the bey was released, if it even was at all. Any info?

That Beyblade was never released. It is essentially just a Dark Aquario 145WD. The "special" stickers for it were released somehow, but at the moment I have forgotten.
IIRC it was included with a purchase of the preorder for tickets. It came with a sticker sheet and a Dark Aquario (I think, not sure if it came with a bey. I know it came with stickers though.)

Those stickers look really nice though.
I really think that no Dark Aquario was included, and it certainly could not have been given for all ticket pre-orders, because those stickers are extremely rare and have been since the beginning as far as I know.
(Feb. 08, 2012  5:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: If anyone has a dragoon V, could I get them to check whether the tip has a rod which enters the SG (Like Uriel/Wolborg 03), or not (like Dragoon V2). I kinda assumed mine was just missing one, seeing as Uriel is largely a copy of it and has the rod, but since I saw the design of V2's tip, I'm not so sure, and it's pretty important that I know for that document (it's only one line different, though, so yeah), so I'd really appreciate it!

Yo, anyone able to help me here?

(Feb. 09, 2012  12:01 AM)V-Rock Wrote: Do the RC Plastics come with the same parts as regular plastics? I keep seeing 'em and they look an awful lot like reg. Plastics.
No, they only share AR's and bitchips.