Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Feb. 07, 2012  1:06 PM)TnkP Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2012  12:51 PM)Djalu13 Wrote: is MF-H Basalt Bull 230EWD is a good Stamina combo

Maybe. I don't own EWD myself so i don't have exact results. But mathematically, it should be at least Decent. EWD will endlessly tilt like WD at 230 at low spin, But this should be countered by the MF-H to give it a better center of gravity. Overall, i think that EWD could show some potential here. Knowing that it's only issue i know about EWD is Lack of grip. Which should be countered by MF-H, Basalt and 230. Remember, this is only a theory, As i don't have EWD at the moment.

Please could someone answer my question:

how come some extraordinarily heavy beys like MF-H HellFlame Kerbecs F145DS (Illegal) have crazily long solo spins reaching up to 10 minutes? Does this have something to do with the balance or something?

First off, EWD loses balance quite easily on higher tracks. This loss of balance leads to uncontrolled wobbling, which is bad. So, EWD shouldn't be used a lot on such tracks.

As for your other question, those are illegal combos, mind you. Smile
Let us consider that combo as a Stamina combo. Now, Stamina combos have nothing to do with how heavy they are. Its the distribution of weight that matters.
Look at that combo. Hell= 37g while Flame= around 30g.
The former, was once a phenomenal Stamina wheel, while the latter, was quite decent a Stamina wheel. If you happen to see those wheels, you'll notice that maximum amount of weight is distributed around the circumference of the MW.
Now comes in Physics... Weight focused on the outside gives the bey more momentum; (in most of the threads on this site, we commonly refer to this phenomena as "fly wheel effect") increasing its Spin time, and hence increasing its Stamina. Smile

More the amount of weight focused outside, more the Stamina. Hence, the distribution of that large amount of weight on the outside, gives those combos such whooping Solo Spin Times.

Hope this helped! It might not be well-worded, but I tried my best to explain. Smile
I need a Neo-Left SG. However, I can't afford to get a Dragoon V or V2. Is there any good replacement for a Neo-Left Spin Gear?
If you mean "are there other parts that can substitute for it", then it depends entirely on what you're planning on using it in.

If you mean "is there any other way to get a Neo Left SG", other than buying it separately off someone somehow, no, there isn't. Dragoon V shouldn't be too expensive unless you're using ebay, which isn't smart for plastics.
The first option. I mean, are there other parts that can substitute it? I'm planning to use this combo:

AR: 8-Spiker
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo Left SG
SG Core: HMC
BB: Storm Grip Base
That combo is terrible, as I pointed out in random thoughts.

To use an HMC you need Neo casings, but you don't use HMC's or heavy wd's for smash (and storm grip is terribly slow with them, and honestly not one of the best bases for smash). That combination is more like upper attack with a smash AR and left SG instead of right (well, you would need both depending on the spin direction of your opponent as conventional upper combinations aren't very effective against opposite spin).

Also, the price you quoted for dragoon S is for a sonokong gold one, and an HMC will not fit in there, only sonokong gold series SG's fit properly in sonokong gold series bases. Regular Dragoon S's are expensive, too.

You could use Eight Spiker/10 Wide/Left SG/Storm Grip, even with a gold series base/SG, but as I said, storm grip really isn't a fast or consistent enough base for smash attack, it is one of the most overrated parts in plastics.
Sorry for asking so many questions, but what BB do you recommend in place of Storm Grip?
It all depends on your price range. The one I'd recommend most, outside of Uriel 2's Base, is the Grip Base from Dragoon Grip Attacker. However, when it comes down to availability... there are not really easier options than Storm Grip...
SG Metal Flat 2 (Gaia Dragoon V, again, don't use ebay) is probably the best relatively affordable option, though you would need a customize EG to make any left spin customs, you could just get a Driger G and use that AR. Customize Grip Base from Dragoon V2 is also very good.

A non-sonokong-gold storm grip is generally more expensive than both of those, so eh.
I would not call Gaia Dragoon V "relatively affordable" anymore... Dragoon V2's not as bad, though.
Really? Mine set me back less than my dragoon V2 :\
Depending on where and when you bought them, that could be entirely irrelevant...

Plastics hunting is all about finding an affordable lot posted by someone with very little attachment to their toys. If you're not patient enough to do that, you either need the fattest wallet imaginable, or you need to settle for less.
Check the plastics price reference list: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...rence-List

In my experience, Gaia Dragoon V usually goes for $25-30, whereas Dragoon V2 is generally $30-45, due to being relatively uncommon, quite attractive, and having such a popular base for zombies. Unless something has changed very recently with Gaia Dragoon V.

But yes, hunting for lots is generally the best way, followed by simply buying in bulk (which can be easier if you can't deal with middleman fees and resell spares and so on).
Hm. I've not really been paying attention to the prices on GDV lately I guess, but when I was(briefly) looking for one, I couldn't find one for less than ~$50.
That's the price on Ebay, which is hugely inflated, but they certainly don't go for that, very few standard releases do.
HI, got information that Flash Sagittario's parts are "GB145 MES", wondering if that is just speculations/rumors or...?
I beleive that is rumor...unless you have pictures/info to back it up...
That has not been confirmed here, as far as I am aware.
Kai-V mentioned earlier that it was nothing but a rumor. If anything were confirmed, it would have been posted.

We must be due some info on this, though...
Ok thanks guys! Well, hopefully we get some new parts at lease.
Hello, my friend told me duo uranus attack mode is bad and it just throughs the whole bey off balance, is this true?
(Feb. 07, 2012  10:06 PM)Andy12 Wrote: Hello, my friend told me duo uranus attack mode is bad and it just throughs the whole bey off balance, is this true?

You should check the last few posts of the BB-121 Ultimate DX Set topic, as well as the Duo Uranus Discussion in the Beyblade Customizations forum. Those will definitely answer your question ...
@th!nk and Hazel
Um... where do you guys buy your plastics? I get all mine off of eBay, and they're expensive.
They most likely get them from the sellers here on the WBO. Check the Beyblade Marketplace forum.
I only get Plastics and HMS here, usually, unless a seller on eBay happens to be reasonable about pricing purely out of coincidence, like when I got a near-mint Orca Diver for $15 with box + launcher/ripcord.
3 questions.
1 which matters more a blader's launch or a blader's strength?
2 what are some new launch techniques?
3 How do i master an attack type,defense,and balance beyblade?