Ask a question, get an answer! #2

ok thanks
(Jan. 09, 2012  8:00 AM)th!nk Wrote: Basalt, on high tracks, smashes things down into the stadium floor. That is close enough to force smash to be the same thing, even if it also mixes wobbler elements.

And, I was also kinda wondering if force smash occurred in HMS at all?

Yippee! Finally you noticed! Joyful_2
I spoke of Basalt's Force Smash in your Upper Attack thread once. Tongue_out
Actually, Basalt almost qualifies as a Force Smash wheel. The only thing it lacks is downward facing slopes. The weight is there... High speed velocity can be achieved with anything. The height's there...
So actually, its not a pure Force Smash wheel according to BeyWiki definitions. Smile

As for how effective Force Smash is/was, it is simply destabilization; but in the opposite direction. Destabilizers destabilize a bey by getting underneath it, while Force Smash weighs down from above. Hence, Destabilization and Force Smash are equal in effectiveness.
During the plastic/HMS era, destabilizers were more powerful in comparison to Force Smashers due to the lack of super-high parts.
At the same time, Force Smash never gained enough popularity. This was because, it was a gamble. Things may not get Force Smashed every time. In turn, a Force Smasher may be destabilized should the weight difference between the two parts is less(which was the case with plastics/HMS). The slopes were, and are essential for any Force Smash part, as the lack of slopes would mean that it could not 'weigh down' upon a balanced beyblade without wobbling. The slopes were required then, but now due to the small duration of contact between two MFB beys, things may be Force Smashed without slopes too! Not to mention that with the release of the Maximum Beys, Basalt was the heaviest; preceded by Hell (which weighed 10 grams less). This weight difference is HUGE and hence Force Smash was applicable. Now though, it won't work as effectively.

If you wish to know more, you'll need to research a bit. Tongue_out
I once asked 'Azlanslayer' to make a video. It was a Destabilizer Vs. a Force Smasher. The destabilizer was probably outdated- Storm Pegy 100/105WB, IIRC.
The Force Smasher was of course, Basalt. Smile
So, if you can find that video, you'll see all the factors I mentioned above, in action. Smile
I think that Gigars' AR had some use in force smash too.
UltraBlader- Ah yes, even I recall of some Force Smash use for Gigars... Smile
But well, Force Smash was a rare type of attack. Only sometimes did someone get a bey to Force Smash with full power. Mild Force Smashes aren't quite significant. A full power Force Smash though, is far too significant and can actually end the match then and there. The problem is, the application of Force Smash is based upon luck. Its not within your control.
@th!nk- OK wait, about the video thing, I think I was probably wrong with what I recalled. My memory is quite bad, you know. I found the link, but realized that it was like "any other MFB battle". This was because, Basalt was at 145 height, and the condition of CS was quite aggro. If you still wish to see it, here's the link-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlb5Vrv3..._Zl53OlLEF
(Jan. 09, 2012  12:34 AM)Dan Wrote: You should post your good-bye in its respective thread.

And miss a chance to piss off the board when I go?

(Jan. 09, 2012  12:34 AM)Dan Wrote: All the thoughts/opinions/facts (omg) that are supposedly being shouted at you while we try to bomb your house are all based on tests done previously. If you're actually curious about whether what was said was correct: search for it.

I don't care how correct it is, I want REASONS.

(Jan. 09, 2012  12:34 AM)Dan Wrote: Lucky you sent my package a week or two ago, aren't I? haha

Nah, I'd never back out of a commitment like that. Speaking of which, have you got it yet?

(Jan. 09, 2012  1:07 AM)Kei Wrote: I want to remind both of you that "Destabilizer" is not a type. Destabilization is the result of the height of the Beyblade; it shouldn't be mistakenly labeled as an actual "type" like Attack, Defense, Stamina, or Balance.

I was using the word "type" in both its conventional sense and its more specific beyblade sense within one sentence. I never believed it to be a "type" as you mean it.

(Jan. 09, 2012  1:07 AM)Kei Wrote: It would be "progress" in a sense, yes, but this is not the place to discuss something like that. If you do "discover" something, it should be posted in the Beyblade Customizations forum.

Where they shoot it down for not being mainstream enough when I request tests or not being tested enough when I make a topic? Yeah, I know how this forum works and if you don't own a BB-10 you're banned from being even vaguely innovative.

(Jan. 09, 2012  1:07 AM)Kei Wrote: Experimentation is always meaningful, but sometimes it truly is a waste of time to test something "innovative". I'm sure that nobody has ever tested MF-M Wolf 85Q, but does that mean it should be tested? No, of course not. We know based on our collective knowledge of each individual part (and the parts that have been released afterwards) that it will suck.

I have tested a variety of MF ___ 100 Q combos and found Q's only failure in them to be its lack of grip giving the combo too large a "recoil" to "smash" ratio. Low track Q used right isn't as bad as general opinion would have it, though it is still bad.

(Jan. 09, 2012  1:07 AM)Kei Wrote: You're saying you can't accept something "just for being mainstream" ...? I agree with this–you cannot blindly accept anything–but what sorts of things are you talking about? Just a moment ago you admitted that "Sure, those views have their reasons".

I know they have their reasons but it's no end of work trying to find out what they are and get good and thorough explanations of them. Why should I put in the effort if you lot won't even look at anything I build?

@current topic: Hasbro Trypio AR acts a lot like a light Basalt in many respects, often crushing down on other beys, though why I'm aiding your discussion I don't know.

Now I've made all my fairwells, don't expect me back.
Anybody else agree with me when I say... "get mad, bro?"

Also, is XF a good tip? Saw it on Mercury Anubis and was just... well, confused.
Is there any difference between the Sonokong and the Takara Tomy beyblades?
(Jan. 09, 2012  5:24 PM)BlackWingAngel Wrote: Anybody else agree with me when I say... "get mad, bro?"

Also, is XF a good tip? Saw it on Mercury Anubis and was just... well, confused.

XF is an alright tip.

Has decent stamina, I suppose you could say, but it is quite hard to control.

(Jan. 09, 2012  5:30 PM)JohanAndersen Wrote: Is there any difference between the Sonokong and the Takara Tomy beyblades?

Sometimes there are aesthetic differences, like the Metal Wheels are heavier, like Beat for example. But in general, they are the same.
There was no need to post your question twice on the same page. I already answered it.
Is this a relatively new term? What does tornado stalling mean?
Tornado stalling refers to a beyblade (generally an attck type) circling around he tornado ridge and not going anywhere else. It nasicly gets trapped there. This generaly occurs if you preformed sliding shoot and banking incorrectly. It has been around for some time
Just a little clarification, Tornado Stalling is sometimes intentional. It is a preferred method of launching with certain combos or when facing certain types of opponent. Essentially, it's sliding shoot without the banking.
A simple search in this topic could have told you that the question has been asked and answered many times, also.
Question on hasbro's rock zurafa: is it supposed to be a little loose fitting? By that I mean when you move the spin Track up and down, the energy shakes a little. Is this supposed to happen due to the spin track r145?
(Jan. 09, 2012  9:34 PM)Hyper27 Wrote: Question on hasbro's rock zurafa: is it supposed to be a little loose fitting? By that I mean when you move the spin Track up and down, the energy shakes a little. Is this supposed to happen due to the spin track r145?

That sounds like you did not screw the Face all the way in, because you are not supposed to move the Track up and down when a Beyblade is assembled ...

(Jan. 09, 2012  9:42 PM)earthwolf8401 Wrote: how do i post on here please reply soon.

You just did. Also, this topic is only for questions on Beyblade.
Sometimes, with some Rock wheels, they seem to be a little loose on a lot of tracks. Used to be somewhat common with Hasbro* Rock Leone's, though I would have hoped they'd have fixed the issue by now Uncertain

*Pretty sure it was just hasbro, but it might have been TT too, so please do not quote me on this.
(Jan. 09, 2012  6:50 PM)Uwik Wrote: Just a little clarification, Tornado Stalling is sometimes intentional. It is a preferred method of launching with certain combos or when facing certain types of opponent. Essentially, it's sliding shoot without the banking.

Oh ya, now it comes back to me. Although, I didn't know that it had intentional purposing, intriguiging!
I'm 90% sure I won't get an answer to this but I remember a plastic set from a long time ago which came with a red Dragoon GT and I think a black draciel MS. This was not a proper release as in it having an item number since it didn't have one(otherwise it would be on the product list on beywiki). If anyone could confirm this that would be great(I'm planning on attempting articles for plastic and hms sets soon).
Maybe ask Benjohadi, he added something about a Red Dragoon GT and a set to that horrid Dragoon GT article.

It doesn't appear to be any of the sets listed in the relevant regions of the product list on the wiki though.
I already know that it isn't in the release list as I already stated. It's was probably a limited release. That would explain why it's so rare. I've seen one ever I think(Red Dragoon GT on it's own that is) + a pic of the set on YJA once.
Yeah, I'm afraid all I can find is "EG vs HMS set", which seems to be the name, but Poseidon seems to know if its existence. It's depressing how hard this stuff is to find info on, though.

And sorry, I misread your post, I thought you said it was a standard release. Tongue_out
I have no idea about plastics and HMS, but if you know what to find, you find it :

It was a Toys "R" Us exclusive, and it was indeed a "Takao VS Max / HMS VS EG Battle Set". The recolour is called "Fire Blood Ver.", ファイアーブラッド. The Draciel is called "Lightning Black Ver.", ライトニングブラック.
Is this a good non tournament combo/hacked beymod

Twisted Wolf(green) GB145 with 4 metal balls and and a bb insinde the spintrack and WD

on youtube people call this MAXIMUM DRACEIL
is dark poseidon/aquario a good combo

or you can use earth