Ask a question, get an answer! #2

MF is good for left spinners,while 90 is good when paired with Blitz Unicorno.
Do Vari and Blitz outclass Beat? If so, what does Vari do that Beat doesn't?
(Dec. 14, 2011  4:24 PM)kbuno50 Wrote: Do Vari and Blitz outclass Beat? If so, what does Vari do that Beat doesn't?

This is a question better suited for several other threads that have to do specifically with either Beat, or competitive combos as a whole.

Please post it there instead.
(Dec. 14, 2011  1:39 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: MF is good for left spinners,while 90 is good when paired with Blitz Unicorno.

MF is also good for tornado stalling and Capricorn is a decent clear wheel, though nothing special. Screw I don't really know about (nowhere has it round here) but it's said not to be nearly as good as it could have been.
I'm curious about the customs of WBO members regarding how they refer to Hasbro-made beyblades that have been renamed by Hasbro.

Do you call a Basalt Horogium (for example) a "Twisted Tempo" because it is a Hasbro-made bey, or Hell Kerbecs a Hades Kernecs for the same reason? Or are the new names ignored in favor of the original names even for Hasbro versions?

Bill
(Dec. 14, 2011  6:46 PM)Spy Car Wrote: I'm curious about the customs of WBO members regarding how they refer to Hasbro-made beyblades that have been renamed by Hasbro.

Do you call a Basalt Horogium (for example) a "Twisted Tempo" because it is a Hasbro-made bey, or Hell Kerbecs a Hades Kernecs for the same reason? Or are the new names ignored in favor of the original names even for Hasbro versions?

Bill

We really just call them what we like. At least, if that's what you're asking. I do believe I understood your post.
(Dec. 14, 2011  6:46 PM)Spy Car Wrote: I'm curious about the customs of WBO members regarding how they refer to Hasbro-made beyblades that have been renamed by Hasbro.

Bill

It depends on everybody. Personally, if I wereto post : "I just bought a Basalt Horogium from a local Toys "R" Us", it makes no sense, because the only thing a local toy store would have is Hasbro's version, "Twisted Tempo". However, in general, when just talking about the parts, most people prefer using the original names.
(Dec. 14, 2011  6:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally, if I wereto post : "I just bought a Basalt Horogium from a local Toys "R" Us", it makes no sense, because the only thing a local toy store would have is Hasbro's version, "Twisted Tempo". However, in general, when just talking about the parts, most people prefer using the original names.

This most definitely.
Call it what you like unless you're actively referring to one make, though TT names are generally preferable.
Is Inferno Sagittario 145 S a good bey?
I wouldn't get it. And if you're asking whether you should get it, it belongs in the Purchase Consultation.
No, the legend metal wheels are too light to be any good, S has poor balance and 145 height has so many gimmicks available to it that the basic 145 track doesn't really see use.
(Dec. 14, 2011  6:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Bill

It depends on everybody. Personally, if I wereto post : "I just bought a Basalt Horogium from a local Toys "R" Us", it makes no sense, because the only thing a local toy store would have is Hasbro's version, "Twisted Tempo". However, in general, when just talking about the parts, most people prefer using the original names.

For clarification, a follow up question if you don't mind.

Let's take your scenario: A kid purchases a "Twisted Tempo" at Toys R Us. He starts using it and loving it, and is aware that the original Japanese name for this beyblade is Basalt Horogium.

Were he to meet WBO beybladers at a tournament what would be the custom for naming his beyblade? I can see different scenarios:

A) He calls it a "Twisted Tempo" and people might think (but hopefully don't say) "newbie."
B) He calls it a "Twisted Tembo" and people are pleased he used the Hasbro name for a Hasbro made beyblade.
C) He calls it a "Basalt Horogium" and people think (but hopefully don't say): "That's a Twisted Tempo" Dude!
D) He calls it a "Basalt Horogium" and people know it is a Twisted Tempo, but give props for knowing the "proper" name.
E) No one really cares.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the culture.

Bill
(Dec. 14, 2011  7:25 PM)Spy Car Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2011  6:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Bill

For clarification, a follow up question if you don't mind.

Let's take your scenario: A kid purchases a "Twisted Tempo" at Toys R Us. He starts using it and loving it, and is aware that the original Japanese name for this beyblade is Basalt Horogium.

Were he to meet WBO beybladers at a tournament what would be the custom for naming his beyblade? I can see different scenarios:

A) He calls it a "Twisted Tempo" and people might think (but hopefully don't say) "newbie."
B) He calls it a "Twisted Tembo" and people are pleased he used the Hasbro name for a Hasbro made beyblade.
C) He calls it a "Basalt Horogium" and people think (but hopefully don't say): "That's a Twisted Tempo" Dude!
D) He calls it a "Basalt Horogium" and people know it is a Twisted Tempo, but give props for knowing the "proper" name.
E) No one really cares.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the culture.

Bill

It really doesn't matter, as all the WBO members really don't care about the names, as they should know it already. However, in general, most of us use the Takaratomy names, but of course we will not look down on you for using the Hasbro names.
I don't know, I think people probably would look down on you if you imported beys and still called them by their Hasbro names...
At a Hasbro tournament, I would call them Hasbro names unless you know the person knows the TT names. He'd have more trouble with kids who don't know TT names (the majority) than those who do. Anyway, if it is a Hasbro beyblade, then no one should argue, as he is using the correct names for the parts he bought Smile

That said, on these forums we generally refer to things by their original names, just to prevent confusion, and because we are already accustomed to it before hasbro rename them.
is the strongest blader set worth buying not asking if i should buy it though just wondered what parts were good to have and which tip is better for defensce rs or rdf
Are the old beyblades (aka the plastic ones) customizable like the new metal fusion ones are??
That first part would go in Purchase Consultation, but it is worth buying.

RDF has been shown to perform better in today's metagame than RDF.
(Dec. 15, 2011  3:41 AM)BladerGirl777 Wrote: Are the old beyblades (aka the plastic ones) customizable like the new metal fusion ones are??

Yes, they are. We have articles on Beywiki on how to customize them. Smile
Is the SK mold for Blitz Unicorno 100RSF good?
Are the electric beyblades the same thing as the old plastic beyblades??
Is the SK mold for Kronos and the Strongest Blader set good? I want to order them because they are kind of cheap in price...
(Dec. 15, 2011  4:02 AM)ExKizuna Wrote: Is the SK mold for Kronos and the Strongest Blader set good? I want to order them because they are kind of cheap in price...

Yes just make sure they aren't rapidity beyblades before buying them
(Dec. 15, 2011  3:51 AM)Jaygrazer Wrote: Is the SK mold for Blitz Unicorno 100RSF good?

No one has spotted any differences between the SK and TT versions of any current 4D releases that are worth mentioning.
is there anyone who can do a tournament in wichita, kansas,north america. we NEVER have any.