Ask a question, get an answer! #2

I think some thing in the string retraction system of mine broke. I opened up the whole thing, and pulled out some long metal strip or something. Pretty impossible to fix now . My string isn't broken though, only frayed
if you dont see a rounded portion on that metal strip,the coil is broken.

go to 'how to fix your beylaunchers' thread.
Probably not broken, just slipped off.

Though Sonokong L/R's are known to have coil breaks, they're pretty rare outside that.
(Nov. 28, 2011  6:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2011  3:27 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: ^That, and because CS is coated with plastic, which means there is less rubber making contact with the stadium floor. Without that coat, it would basicly be RS. It is interesting, as CS came before RS...

Hm, CS is coated with rubber, not coated with plastic.

ACH! I reversed the order! What in the hell is wrong with me! CS is S coated in Rubber, not the reverse...

Quote:What exactly inspired TRU's "Sonic Series"? What is this all stemming from? Is this a crappy "go green for the enviromnent" attempt, something else, or just because its random and people felt like it? maybe TRU felt that they didnt have enough neon green in thier oh so colorful world of toys?
I do not recall ever seeing anything about the reason behind the Hasbro Sonic Series releases in NERF and Beyblade and whatever else.
Can anyone give me a quick breakdown on the different types of Beyblades? My 2 boys (4 and 6) are starting to become interested in them but there is way too much information out there about all of the different types - metal, plastic, left spinning, right spinning, defense, attack, etc.

Could someone explain to me which Beyblades would be best for kids of a younger age? They have lost a couple already and they don't battle anyone aside from each other so they don't need anything expensive. Are plastic ones just cheaper versions of the metal ones or do they actually serve a different purpose? What are the booster ones? What do we do with the Beyblade cards? I'm basically trying to figure out what to get them for Christmas. DimSum2u has a couple of sets (BB-56 and BB-57) that looked nice and inexpensive.

Any recommendations? They do understand the concept of left and right spinning and they do watch the show on TV so I'd like to get them 2 or 3 that are different so that they begin to understand how one of theirs may battle a certain one best and I'm sure that they would get excited to see one of theirs battling it out on the television show. Thanks in advance for any advice. It didn't seem necessary to dive into so much information when I just need basic information right now. We'll start researching everything more as they get older. Thanks!
At that age, they are probably much more interested in the fantasy aspects of beyblade than the competitive aspects. My recommendation on beyblade selection is:

1) Make sure that you have Storm Pegasis / Galaxy Pegasis and Lightning L-Drago
2) Ask them each who their other favorite characters are
3) Buy them those beyblades

This way they can role play and live out their fantasy story lines with the characters they love the most.

Plastics are from the Tyson era, but your kids are probably watching Gingka - so you will be buying the Metal Fusion or Metal Masters beyblades from your local ToysRUS, Walmart, Target, etc. There's really no need for an imported (more expensive) Japanese beyblade for a 4-year old - unless the 4 yo really knows his stuff (or unless you personally find it to be of interest). In which case all of this will probably come out in the conversations around who his favorite characters and beyblades are.

Hope that helps!

PS - This question actually belongs in purchase consultation, and it might get moved there by a moderator
Basically, there are 3 different eras for beyblades. Namely Plastics, HMS, MFB. We are currently in the MFB (Metal Fusion Beyblade) era. It is the most popular and still in production today. What you want to get for your kids are MFB beys. The Plastics and HMS beyblades have been discontinued production-wise.

Most of the informations you need are in the beywiki.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Main_Page

The more suitable keywords for your searches are: Attack, Defense, Stamina, MFB Product List.

Once, you've familiarized yourself a little about beyblade concepts. You should head over to the Purchase Consultation forum of WBO, and direct your purchasing questions there, where you will receive better answers and recommendations.
is basalt leone ad145 d a good combination that i made up
This would belong in the 'Build me a combo! #2" thread in Beyblade customizations.
The BB-32 set comes with an attack type stadium right?
does anyone know if blitz unicorno ever will be made by sonokong, can anyone suggest a good combo that can take down basalt bull bd145rs im having trouble taking it down
1. Yes it is in the Sonokong Strongest Blader Set..
2. Go to build me a combo.
(Nov. 28, 2011  11:55 PM)Hazel Wrote: Yes, it does.

Thanks, and also, what's the difference between all the Metal Faces I'm going to get BB-96 but I'm not really sure what the removable parts are.

(Nov. 29, 2011  12:10 AM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote: 1. Yes it is in the Sonokong Strongest Blader Set..
2. Go to build me a combo.
thanks

Which will win me more battles:
MF Lightning L-Drago BD145 R2F
or
MF Gravity Perseus(Attack ver.) BD145 MF
The latter, if you really know how to use it.
Yo, does Zeus (Takara) have any competitive value?
I have no clue and Deikailo is apparently out of commission and Alex isn't too familiar with it.
The CEW is apparently very good, which is why it is sought after so much as compared to the Hasbro version which just had a normal Engine Gear IIRC.

EDIT: Note, I mean Zeus' Free Shaft CG (?), which is the main selling point of Zeus. Zeus in general can be used for the Screw Zeus S-AR, which can be used in attack combos in conjunction with Gaia Dragoon V and G's ARs.
Is there anything else? Beywiki leads me to believe its shaft is awesome. There really should be an article on it, if it is so awesome.
What is a better choice to buy, Death Quetz or Beat Lynx?
(Nov. 29, 2011  2:30 AM)chrisfire360 Wrote: What is a better choice to buy, Death Quetz or Beat Lynx?

This post belongs in Purchase Consultation in the Bey Marketplace.
Out of the Hasbro released beys, which is the best clear wheel to use with Basalt in a defense combo?