Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Use the Build me a Combo! thread.

Edit: Beaten by Galaxy!
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:50 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  4:26 PM)Challenge! Wrote: 'Pyxis' to 'Byxis' ?
I've heard that its name hasn't been changed from the constellation.

Um, well the bey's name is "Byxis," so apparently it was changed.

Well, I'll leave it to the native speakers of Asian languages to expand/correct me, but there is an explosive "B" in Chinese for example that sounds like a "P" sometimes. In fact, without ever changing the name of the city, the English interpretation of Beijing for many years was Peking. So there is a fairly well established history of some switching here that doesn't indicate an actual name change.
Which one would outspin the other Earth/Burn 100WD or Basalt 100WD?
(Oct. 05, 2011  1:26 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:50 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  4:26 PM)Challenge! Wrote: 'Pyxis' to 'Byxis' ?
I've heard that its name hasn't been changed from the constellation.

Um, well the bey's name is "Byxis," so apparently it was changed.

Well, I'll leave it to the native speakers of Asian languages to expand/correct me, but there is an explosive "B" in Chinese for example that sounds like a "P" sometimes. In fact, without ever changing the name of the city, the English interpretation of Beijing for many years was Peking. So there is a fairly well established history of some switching here that doesn't indicate an actual name change.
as a Chinese, that is true, the 'b' and 'p' sounds are very similar for both Japanese and Chinese.
(Oct. 05, 2011  1:31 AM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: Which one would outspin the other Earth/Burn 100WD or Basalt 100WD?

Most likely Basalt___100WD would outspin it, being the heavier and more dominant Stamina/Defense wheel.
messing around with beyblade combos i came across something i just couldnt determine myself. so heres my question: what performance tip works best with sliding shoot(meaning works closest to the performance of a rf tip) thinking myself, in the beychannel tutorial shows something that to me resembles a rubber sharp, so maybe a sharp tip? can anyone help?
(Oct. 05, 2011  1:39 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  1:26 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:50 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Um, well the bey's name is "Byxis," so apparently it was changed.

as a Chinese, that is true, the 'b' and 'p' sounds are very similar for both Japanese and Chinese.

As a Chinese people, I must tell you Beijing an Peking's pronunciation is totally different, it is never similar to Chinese.
(Oct. 05, 2011  3:02 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  1:39 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  1:26 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Well, I'll leave it to the native speakers of Asian languages to expand/correct me, but there is an explosive "B" in Chinese for example that sounds like a "P" sometimes. In fact, without ever changing the name of the city, the English interpretation of Beijing for many years was Peking. So there is a fairly well established history of some switching here that doesn't indicate an actual name change.

As a Chinese people, I must tell you Beijing and Peking's pronunciation is totally different, it is never similar to Chinese.

There is a difference but when pronouncing it in english, they sound very similar, however, in mandarin, it is very different, no?
(Oct. 05, 2011  2:55 AM)beyblade-oregon Wrote: messing around with beyblade combos i came across something i just couldnt determine myself. so heres my question: what performance tip works best with sliding shoot(meaning works closest to the performance of a rf tip) thinking myself, in the beychannel tutorial shows something that to me resembles a rubber sharp, so maybe a sharp tip? can anyone help?

flat rubeer tip like RF/R2F/LRF so that you can make a 'flower pattern' to increase the chance of knocking each other..
for sharp tip..usually it is for defense and stamina which mean less collison.the better it is..so no point fo sliding shoot besided the pattern of the flower wont appear..
and you only need the flower pattern for momentum in attack..
(Oct. 05, 2011  4:11 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  3:02 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  1:39 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: as a Chinese, that is true, the 'b' and 'p' sounds are very similar for both Japanese and Chinese.

As a Chinese people, I must tell you Beijing and Peking's pronunciation is totally different, it is never similar to Chinese.

There is a difference but when pronouncing it in english, they sound very similar, however, in mandarin, it is very different, no?

I learnt on mandarin a bit (on foul language especially) the 'P' and 'B' dont sound similar..but it might happen in some word that 'B' is almost sounded like 'P'..
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:17 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:16 PM)r4sketch Wrote: What is considered the most rare plastic bey from the original series?

Black Dragoon GT, Poseidon, and Thunder Pegasus, iirc, are among the rarest.

Recolors : Black Dragoon GT and Thunder Pegasus
Single whole beyblade : Poseidon, Desert Sohinxer, Venus, Cyber Dragoon Battle Spec.
Which is better- Jade Jupiter S130RB or Sol Blaze V145AS?
(Oct. 05, 2011  6:26 AM)Kiyoryuu Wrote: Which is better- Jade Jupiter S130RB or Sol Blaze V145AS?

Jade Jupiter is the only one of the two with a useful part - RB.

Sol Blaze is garbage that looks pretty. Most of Jade Jupiter is, too, but RB is just fantastic.
I am not too sure but Sol is something which most people don't play with...it is for collection so Jade will be better for the RB

EDIT: Refer to Hazel's post above mine

Well I wanted to know which is rarer...Sol Blaze Eclipse Version or Mercury Anubis Brave Version?
Don't forget S130 that is a very useful part.
(Oct. 05, 2011  6:50 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: I am not too sure but Sol is something which most people don't play with...it is for collection so Jade will be better for the RB

EDIT: Refer to Hazel's post above mine

Well I wanted to know which is rarer...Sol Blaze Eclipse Version or Mercury Anubis Brave Version?

Sol Blaze Eclipse.

Mercury Brave is extremely common - moreso than normal Mercury, even.

(Oct. 05, 2011  6:55 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Don't forget S130 that is a very useful part.

Eh, yeah, I guess it isn't entirely without competitive function.
Is the WBBA silver quetz painted silver? Just curious because it looks as though it has more of a sheen on it than a different older bey would. I am asking for collection purposes.
(Oct. 05, 2011  8:03 AM)Teostraa Wrote: Is the WBBA silver quetz painted silver? Just curious because it looks as though it has more of a sheen on it than a different older bey would. I am asking for collection purposes.

I believe the silver parts on it are painted, yes. I think I recall seeing a picture of someone with a WBBA Quetz that had paint chipping going on on those parts. I may be wrong, of course.
Is the grand wheel worth using for any customisation?
No. It is hollow and lightweight with to much recoil.
(Oct. 05, 2011  12:20 PM)RustyXD Wrote: No. It is hollow and lightweight with to much recoil.

Thanks! I was just about to buy it cause it looks pretty cool and decent, tried to find the weight of the disk but had no luck.
hi i was just wondering if this stadium is real and if i should buy thanx
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beyblade-Meta...299wt_1037
Teostraa Wrote:Is the WBBA silver quetz painted silver? Just curious because it looks as though it has more of a sheen on it than a different older bey would. I am asking for collection purposes.

All Metal System Beyblades have paint that can chip on purpose. The shine should be the same as any Metal System Beyblade that has silver on its Wheel though, even after time, if you did not use it too much.

bulbasup Wrote:hi i was just wondering if this stadium is real and if i should buy thanx
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beyblade-Meta...299wt_1037

No, that stadium is fake.
Except LDD. Its the one exception that doesnt chip off.
(Oct. 05, 2011  2:44 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Except LDD. Its the one exception that doesnt chip off.

Metal System Beyblades. Apparently you do not know what they are if you are referring to a 4D Beyblade.
Is $88 USD a good price (buyer) for a Big Bang Pegasis DX Set?
(Oct. 05, 2011  4:07 PM)Tris Wrote: Is $88 USD a good price (buyer) for a Big Bang Pegasis DX Set?

Its official cost in Japan is approximately fifty-one dollars, and stores usually go below that to be competitive, and shipping should not necessarily cost as much as thirty-five dollars, so I think that is slightly too high, although I do not check to see how much things usually go for on eBay, for instance.