Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Ok, I'm asking again because I still don't understand: Are "beylaunchers" and "string launchers" the same thing or not and if not, what are beylaunchers?
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:36 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Ok, I'm asking again because I still don't understand: Are "beylaunchers" and "string launchers" the same thing or not and if not, what are beylaunchers?

Yes, they are the same thing. TT calls them Beylaunchers, while Hasbro calls them String Launchers.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:36 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Ok, I'm asking again because I still don't understand: Are "beylaunchers" and "string launchers" the same thing or not and if not, what are beylaunchers?

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/BeyLauncher

is there any chance toys r us or target has any mfb because i looked everywhere and didnt find any and i cant order online
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:38 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Yes, they are the same thing. TT calls them Beylaunchers, while Hasbro calls them String Launchers.

So why does everyone use the non-descriptive and confusing name?
Of course they have MFB. Just look in the toys section. 0_o Unless they are out of stock in your area, then just wait for them to restock. Beyblade is a somewhat popular toy in the US right now, so a Target or TRU that isn't selling them is odd.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:44 PM)momdukes100 Wrote: is there any chance toys r us or target has any mfb because i looked everywhere and didnt find any and i cant order online

Yes, Target and TRU are some of the main places to find Beyblades. If you can't find any, I'd suggest just waiting for a couple of days until they restock.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:47 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:38 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Yes, they are the same thing. TT calls them Beylaunchers, while Hasbro calls them String Launchers.

So why does everyone use the non-descriptive and confusing name?

Read my post. Seriously, there is this thing called Beywiki, use it. Uncertain

It is only when you cannot find beyblade information outside of forum, wiki, and internet searches do you post here.
whats the heaviest energy ring out of virgo pisces pegasus striker scorpio and sagittario
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:48 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Read my post. Seriously, there is this thing called Beywiki, use it. Uncertain
It is only when you cannot find beyblade information outside of forum, wiki, and internet searches do you post here.

1) I do use Beywiki, I just didn't think to for this (this time).
2) How does that answer the question of why the awkward name is preferred?
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:24 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: While we are all on the topic of LL2...

If LL2 is the 2nd best launcher, with Hasbro's Rev Up being the 1st, where does that put Beylaunchers? We use them all the time for tests, but we really dont use LL2 as much, or even Rev Up. Is it a matter of availiability? Beylauncher is avaliable through TT, SK, and Hasbro; Rev Up is only Hasbro; LL2 is only TT and SK. Plus, beylauncher has been around longer. Would that explain it?

You all base this just on AkirasDaddy's video ? For the whole rest of us, the Beylauncher is far ahead of the winder launchers. Furthermore, keep in mind that AkirasDaddy did modify his Rev-Up Launcher in a way so that it is illegal now.

Dracomageat Wrote:2) How does that answer the question of why the awkward name is preferred?

Its original and only name for over a year has been "Beylauncher". Hasbro gave it another name, but in actuality it is called "Beylauncher". If that confuses you in your mind because you cannot associate a name with an object (as if you would call "Object #1" an object), then that is your problem.
When I see occasional references to a "string launcher" and many more to a "beylauncher" it gets confusing because, from the name alone, "beylauncher" could describe practically anything while string launcher describes only one object. I took a long time to work out that they even might be the same.
I'm assuming you're not happy with my less confusing MF-2 abbreviations either:

MF-P(lastic), MF-R(ing), MF-C(ore), MF-(w)H(ole)
(Aug. 27, 2011  7:06 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I'm assuming you're not happy with my less confusing MF-2 abbreviations either:

MF-P(lastic), MF-R(ing), MF-C(ore), MF-(w)H(ole)

What are those ? You just made those up, why would you use terms other than the official ones ? Plus, that is a totally different example than what you were saying with the Beylauncher, because at least "Beylauncher" is the actual term.

Anyway, for me a combination would have to be written like this, yes :

Earth Bull CH120CS (MF Heavy) at 145 height.

That is the correct way of writing it.
(Aug. 27, 2011  6:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:24 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: While we are all on the topic of LL2...

If LL2 is the 2nd best launcher, with Hasbro's Rev Up being the 1st, where does that put Beylaunchers? We use them all the time for tests, but we really dont use LL2 as much, or even Rev Up. Is it a matter of availiability? Beylauncher is avaliable through TT, SK, and Hasbro; Rev Up is only Hasbro; LL2 is only TT and SK. Plus, beylauncher has been around longer. Would that explain it?

You all base this just on AkirasDaddy's video ? For the whole rest of us, the Beylauncher is far ahead of the winder launchers. Furthermore, keep in mind that AkirasDaddy did modify his Rev-Up Launcher in a way so that it is illegal now.

Dracomageat Wrote:2) How does that answer the question of why the awkward name is preferred?

Its original and only name for over a year has been "Beylauncher". Hasbro gave it another name, but in actuality it is called "Beylauncher". If that confuses you in your mind because you cannot associate a name with an object (as if you would call "Object #1" an object), then that is your problem.

I know that AkirasDaddy modified his Rev Up, but I forget what the mod was...do you remember? I am considering doing so with my rev up, even if it is illegal.

But when AkirasDaddy made the video, did he name Rev Up Launcher as most powerful before or after his mod? (I haven't watched the video in a while, so I will have to go find it)
^Take out the little piece inside that stops the launcher from releasing the bey until you press the big button.
Thanks InfiniteLibra

Hell, i dont even use the button to launch it. I just pull it once very fast and hard (no jokes here please Tired) and the bey will launch 98% of the time (2% is just erros that can occur in almost all launches and launchers). Occasionaly I will do 1 or 2 small "Rev Ups" and then do the big launch, but otherwise, it really makes no difference and I have never used the button. The button mechanism is the launchers only flaw; using it seems to hinder the launch drasticly in my opinion.

That being said, I don't think I even need to modify mine then. It is already so much more powerful than String launcher as is, although String launcher/Beylauncher does give more consistant results, and sliding shoot seems to be easier with the String launcher/Beylauncher
(Aug. 27, 2011  7:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: What are those? You just made those up, why would you use terms other than the official ones?

Because mine are straightforward and easy to remember, while their's are downright confusing.
You cannot just invent names (and abbreviations) like that though, you are the one confusing everything and everyone.
Can any of you tell me what MF-H and MF-F is? I'v seen MF-H a lot so I got the idea it's just a heavier Metal Face, anyone can help me out?
(Aug. 27, 2011  8:18 PM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote: Can any of you tell me what MF-H and MF-F is? I'v seen MF-H a lot so I got the idea it's just a heavier Metal Face, anyone can help me out?

Go to the bb-84 and bb-85 topics.
(Aug. 27, 2011  8:18 PM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote: Can any of you tell me what MF-H and MF-F is? I'v seen MF-H a lot so I got the idea it's just a heavier Metal Face, anyone can help me out?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-85-Me...Ver-Orange
MF-H is metal Face Heavy, where its a gram heavier than MF-M. MF-M is the metal face you may know that came with the Beyblade video game for hasbro.

H stands for heavy and is all the metal bits of an MF-2. F is Feather and is all the plastic bits.

As for what the core only and hex plate only versions are called, I really can't keep them in my head, hence why C and R are so much nicer initials for them IMO.