Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Jun. 29, 2011  3:41 AM)Green_blader_12 Wrote: ok so what is another good defense tip besides a worn out coat sharp?

Well, RSF (preferably Ray Gill RSF 'cuz most others are a just a little more aggresive) and new RS are good.
(Jun. 29, 2011  3:51 AM)IdiotBox Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  3:41 AM)Green_blader_12 Wrote: ok so what is another good defense tip besides a worn out coat sharp?

Well, RSF (preferably Ray Gill RSF 'cuz most others are a just a little more aggresive) and new RS are good.
Are you sure? how bout wide ball or jog ball?
worned RF is good for defence too..but not too worn or else it is illegal..XD
Is it true that Flame and Inferno are taller as in flame___145q would actually be 155
It's true that Flame exposes more of the track height, yes. But not so drastically of a height improvement
What exactly are beyblades made out of? All I know is that the Energy ring is made out of Polycarbonate.
(Jun. 29, 2011  4:27 AM)eman9405 Wrote: What exactly are beyblades made out of? All I know is that the Energy ring is made out of Polycarbonate.

Read around ...
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...#pid697887

Clear Wheels, Tracks and Bottoms are all made of the same plastic.
Next time Hasbro, TT, or SK divulges every single material of every part they make, I'll tell you. No one really knows. But as stated earlier, metal wheels are made of a zinc alloy
(Jun. 29, 2011  4:29 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: Next time Hasbro, TT, or SK divulges every single material of every part they make, I'll tell you. No one really knows. But as stated earlier, metal wheels are made of a zinc alloy

TAKARA-TOMY quite does already ...
Does temperature have any effect on blade performance? For example, would it enhance the metal wheel's performance if it was left in the freezer for a couple hours? Some metals are more durable when frozen.
(Jun. 29, 2011  5:02 AM)Hiraku æ‹“ Wrote: Does temperature have any effect on blade performance? For example, would it enhance the metal wheel's performance if it was left in the freezer for a couple hours? Some metals are more durable when frozen.

I'm quite certain that it's the other way around, as in metals get brittle under low temperature. More importantly, why would you do this? It seems rather silly IMO.
haha..i agree with uwik...metal will easily break upon force when it is cold...as for hot metals..i dont think there will be any effect at all..
(Jun. 29, 2011  6:42 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  5:02 AM)Hiraku æ‹“ Wrote: Does temperature have any effect on blade performance? For example, would it enhance the metal wheel's performance if it was left in the freezer for a couple hours? Some metals are more durable when frozen.

I'm quite certain that it's the other way around, as in metals get brittle under low temperature. More importantly, why would you do this? It seems rather silly IMO.

A while back, me and a friend had a long discussion about it after physics class. They talked about how different substances react to different temperatures, and it just sparked our curiosity if it could play a role in beyblade.
I tried putting my LDrago Destroy into the fridge and there is nothing special except water was flying out when spinning
That's bad, dry it off or it may rust Uncertain

Seriously, putting beyblades in fridges/freezers or whatever is a silly idea. The only thing that would really make a difference with is part tightness (sometimes it fixes faulty CH120's, at least temporarily) and to the rubber (making it harder temporarily, generally a bad thing). Uncertain

FWIW, the Zinc alloy they would use (I'm guessing it's a Zamak or the like, that's generally the most popular one that I'm aware of, at least), would be pretty dang stable, I doubt temperature will even have a significant effect on breakage, unless it's quite extreme.

However, if it were super-cooled, it'd break easier, just about anything does as it has a negative effect on the elasticity (I think that's the word). HOWEVER, at higher temperatures (and we're talking very high, higher than you'd get at home, the metal becomes more easily dented and bent, as that elasticity (okay, pretty sure that's the wrong word) increases. All about the particles and room between them and stuff. At least, that's what I remember/can apply from chemistry/physics.
Yes..When a metal is cooled the molecules in the substance become very compact and the molecular motion reduces making the substance brittle and susceptible to damage(not sure whether it really exposes it to damage) and when we heat it to high temperatures the molecular motion rises and the metal expands making it more malleable and easier to be moulded. And if you try to heat the MWs then probably their shape may change which will make them illegal and may make them perform badly. I remember once I had melted the flame fusion wheel on the gas (I doubt it was a fake). Well coming on topic...is a worn out RF considered legal? If yes then why is that so because it changes the performance IMO isnt it? And if NO then why do many people recommend a worn out RF for defense?
(Jun. 29, 2011  1:29 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: Yes..When a metal is cooled the molecules in the substance become very compact and the molecular motion reduces making the substance brittle and susceptible to damage(not sure whether it really exposes it to damage) and when we heat it to high temperatures the molecular motion rises and the metal expands making it more malleable and easier to be moulded. And if you try to heat the MWs then probably their shape may change which will make them illegal and may make them perform badly. I remember once I had melted the flame fusion wheel on the gas (I doubt it was a fake). Well coming on topic...is a worn out RF considered legal? If yes then why is that so because it changes the performance IMO isnt it? And if NO then why do many people recommend a worn out RF for defense?

I'm pretty sure it's illegal according to the rules, but I have no clue why people keep recommending it.

On the topic of freezing/heating metal wheels, metals have a unique form of bonding; the electrons basically move all around inside the metal, unlike normal solids where the electrons have a fixed path. This causes them to usually be less fragile (try having two or three people standing still to represent atoms and have a bunch of other people moving around randomly in between the people. Then let someone else try to come in between. It's a lot harder than when the people are just circling around one person in a fixed path). When you freeze the metals, the electrons become less active, and move slower, so the metal becomes more brittle. Heating MW's increases the movement of the electrons and, basically, everything else (decreases the intermolecular force of attraction), so the metal becomes easier to deform.
Dang, I shouldn't do that.
Now I'm worried about my LDD,even I exchanged my F : S tip.
(Jun. 29, 2011  11:05 AM)th!nk Wrote: That's bad, dry it off or it may rust Uncertain

Seriously, putting beyblades in fridges/freezers or whatever is a silly idea. The only thing that would really make a difference with is part tightness (sometimes it fixes faulty CH120's, at least temporarily) and to the rubber (making it harder temporarily, generally a bad thing). Uncertain

FWIW, the Zinc alloy they would use (I'm guessing it's a Zamak or the like, that's generally the most popular one that I'm aware of, at least), would be pretty dang stable, I doubt temperature will even have a significant effect on breakage, unless it's quite extreme.

However, if it were super-cooled, it'd break easier, just about anything does as it has a negative effect on the elasticity (I think that's the word). HOWEVER, at higher temperatures (and we're talking very high, higher than you'd get at home, the metal becomes more easily dented and bent, as that elasticity (okay, pretty sure that's the wrong word) increases. All about the particles and room between them and stuff. At least, that's what I remember/can apply from chemistry/physics.

Hehe! 2nd grade chemistry about States of Matter... Tongue_out XD Well, well... Its one silly idea... There are various people who mistreat beyblades.... Some guys burn their Burn Fireblaze, while some tie chains around BD145(normal) with Hell Kerbecs[seriously, I find this idea brilliant! Tie a chain between the MW, and BD145(normal- you have some gap between MW and track in this mode, so yeah) This completely wrecks the weight distribution, but strikes an amazing attack with chains!] <<off topic..
Instead of all that complicated science behind it, I'll say it in layman's language-
Extremes of temperatures (hot or cold) make metals-
1. Easy to mould (when hot)
2. Brittle, thus easy to break (when cold). Best example, an earthen pot. Your bey will break like a pot, when its too cold. Tongue_out
whats the rarest MFB?vi think its sol blaze gold ver. only 300 in existance
Actually you can't say which one,as many beys are there,and they will continue to release.However Sol Blaze Gold Version is quite rare.
(Jun. 29, 2011  5:26 PM)shadow X 9365 Wrote: whats the rarest MFB?vi think its sol blaze gold ver. only 300 in existance

In reality, there are many more sol blaze gold in circulation than the supposed 300.

Try some of the G3, G4 championship beys, or blue inferno Hell Kerbecs.
Well, I think it's know the Phantom Ver. of Vari Ares, at least that's what I know.
(Jun. 29, 2011  5:44 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Well, I think it's know the Phantom Ver. of Vari Ares, at least that's what I know.

You will not know the rarity or value of it until it's been released. So, you could be true, or very wrong, because at this point, you're just speculating.
(Jun. 29, 2011  5:26 PM)shadow X 9365 Wrote: whats the rarest MFB?vi think its sol blaze gold ver. only 300 in existance

(Jun. 29, 2011  5:44 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Well, I think it's know the Phantom Ver. of Vari Ares, at least that's what I know.

(Jun. 29, 2011  5:48 PM)Uwik Wrote:

You will not know the rarity or value of it until it's been released. So, you could be true, or very wrong, because at this point, you're just speculating.

Pretty sure BBS is right. Kai-V has said it is very likely there will not even be a chance of it falling into a collectors hands... Which means it's rarer than tourney prize beyblades and such Confused

As for Worn RF, there's been some debate over legality, but as long as it's still aggro, it's fine. It's just a more worn (not super worn) one works well. The more worn, the slower, and the better, but it has to be fast enough to be legal. Meh.